Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,458 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat (6206 Views)

"My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter / I Can’t Hold Back Sexual Urge Towards My Daughter – Widower Cries Out / 29 yrs old Daughter doesn't want any other man except her father... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat by Came: 4:46am On Dec 27, 2016
My people na so my daughter do oooo , way worry wan kill me, now my money don wan finish for where I dey buy plenty food way she dey demand from me now... na every minute she dey tell me say "mummy am hungry" hahahahahaah.... Na so small children life be sometimes oooooo.....
Re: Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat by dangotesmummy: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Give her lots of fruits that will induce hunger like Oranges .squeeze orange inside cup for her to drink.Give her multivitamins to trigger hunger.take her to another peadeatrician like others have said and pray

Meanwhile Give her blended mixed fruits that she won't have to chew just drink. You can do water melon orange banana pineapple together then blend it.make sure it's sweet o so she'll come back for more
Re: Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2016
Try baby food, like Cerelac/Blédine etc, though she actually is a bit big for those. Mix them in with squeezed apple juice or orange juice, and mashed bananas. Boil her meat/ chicken until it is very tender. You might want to leave out the fish, because smaller kids do not find it very palatable. Sometimes, I would make a blended meat/ rice/ vegetable (no stew) mix for my more troublesome-eater kids when they were that age. Serve little portions more often instead of, say, big portions, thrice daily. Also, dose her with multivitamins (esp. B-complex) daily... makes kids hungry.

And have patience, she will soon be eating you out of the home and you will be complaining about her weight. Sorry. It is hard to be a mother, or father. We never appreciate our parents until we have our own kids. Now you know where your parents got their white hair from.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat by benjibabs(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
sinie:
Good Morning my fellow naira landers!

I am worried sick about my daughter, she is 16 months old and about 3 weeks back I noticed that when feeding her she holds the food in her mouth and just refuses to swallow for like 3-5mins. I asked her crèche and they said she does that in the crèche too, I had to beg them to exercise patience with her because it can discourage them from feeding her, feeding her now takes about 1hour at least.

After about 2 weeks of this habit gradually getting worse, she just stopped eating completely. when I try to force feed her she vomits everything she took in. I tried feeding her normal adult food(rice, beans, yam) she just takes 2 or 3 spoons and runs away ( her usual food is pap and cereals).

I treated her for malaria and dewormed her, still this condition persisted. I even gave her cyprigold but no improvement instead it got worse.

on Friday I took her to the hospital, the pediatrician sent us for abdominopelvic scan, chest x-ray, blood, stool and urine screening. the results came back this morning all clear. the doctor is as confused as I am.

Through out sat and Sunday I spent the whole day with her, she didn't eat once. the ones I forced her to eat she vomited. she just drinks little sips of juice, chews little pieces of wafers and banana. when I put meat or fish in her mouth she carries it in her mouth till she sleeps, I have to open her mouth and remove them so it doesn't choke her in her sleep. as for rice or other foods, when she sees u carrying a plate she runs away.

for almost a week now she has eaten nothing! am scared, I don't know how long she can continue on little or no sustenance. the doctors are not worried because she is still hyperactive but her weight is dropping and its scaring me.

please Mother's in the house have any of you ever experienced anything remotely like this? how did it turn out and what can be the cause and what can I do? the doctors have checked her and no health issue. help please!!!

@ the bold portion is an area you can exploit - turn feeding to play. grin grin grin Give her one or two spoons, let her run around and when she comes back give her more. Just don't run after her or try to pin her down. Put on your clown garb, sing her favorite songs and let them end with sticking the food in her mouth. Simply get her to think feeding is playing. Patience na the name of the game, bro! cheesy

Also, start to encourage her to eat by herself. Some kids will start to refuse food when they are ready to start eating themselves.

Hang in there, she will be fine. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Bride Price And Dowry? / My Wife thank you / Friendship With Opposite Sex After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.