Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Please Advise A Brother - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Advise A Brother (7216 Views)

Going To Usa To Hustle Vs Going To Uk To Hustle, Please Advise Me / Please Advise Me Which Country Can I Start A Good Hustle / Help! Advise A Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Good afternoon/morning /evening all.
Am new here and am glad to have found this wonderful forum. Am a vibrant, energetic Nigerian youth lookin for a means for survival, I really crave for direction and advice from more experience people here on nairaland. I just acquired a shengen tourist visa(1month) to Greece but intend to stay back elsewhere in Europe to hussle since the economic landscape of Greece is dismal. My preferred final destination are Germany, Austria and any of the Nordic Scandinavian countries. I have heard how daunting it is to live in Europe without necessary paperwork and so far the tales seems bleak but I already have the visa and I will be leaving in a week time and I have spent some good fortune to procure this visa. Please my people which of the aforementioned countries is the easiest in terms of immigration enforcement and work (anything) as an illegal alien. And how possible is it to become legal in Europe for someone in my situation. Is this sojourn really what it? I know atleast one person in each of the countries but all are not my direct relatives. Please I really need encouragements here to motivate me that I can survive this "treacherous " journey.. Thanks to you all for reading my long piece
Re: Please Advise A Brother by worry359(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
Have you not heard that Europe and more so Greece is swamped with migrants from Syria and Libya?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

Every country is overloaded with migrants, they have no time or place for Nigerian boys!
Internment camp and deportation is waiting for you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by MRBrownJ: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
sadly, i will be the bearer of bad news to you, your chances of success are WEAK!!!!

A) how much money do you have to support you while over there?! if you dont have enough money to house/feed you for the next 6months then DONT GO!!!!

B) if you dont have friends and family that can help and guide you in such places (pls confirm well in advance), until you can settle down in such places DONT GO!!!!

C) what were you thinking when you applied and paid for that Schenghen visa? dont you think that you should have thought this through beforehand? save yourself the nightmare and DONT GO!!!!

D) you do know that it is winter in Europe at the moment and that it snows in many parts, right?! listen, if you have never experienced "proper" Scandinavian winter AND you havent got a budget for winter shoes/jackets etc, DONT GO!!!!

E) do you speak GERMAN, NORWEGIAN, SWEDISH, DANISH or FINNISH?! if you dont, DONT GO!!!!

F) if you cant survive/hustle in Nigeria, what makes you think you could in Europe? havent you heard that Syrian refugees are everywhere and that now finding a job is thrice as difficult?! without a valid visa, even slavery in Nigeria is better than what you may have to do to survive in Europe. DONT GO!!!!

G) there are many who prey on future African lost souls (like yourself) in Europe ... since many are hustling, they will take the little you've got telling you they wanna help you OR they will simply offer you to courier drug to China or Malaysia where you may end up on death row; send you to India where they will butcher you for your organs OR just have you sell your nyansh to gays for a warm free meal. DONT GO!!!!

FINALLY, if you are hell bent on going to Europe then by all means go, but, when you will be down and out over, remember that there was once someone on NL who advised you to NOT GO but you wouldnt listen.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise A Brother by TheCongo2: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
MRBrownJ:

F) if you cant survive/hustle in Nigeria, what makes you think you could in Europe? havent you heard that Syrian refugees are everywhere and that now finding a job is thrice as difficult?! without a valid visa, even slavery in Nigeria is better than what you may have to do to survive in Europe. DONT GO!!!!

Com'on MRBrwonJ, I strongly disagree with that one.
Je ne suis pas d'accord avec le point F. Sinon, pour les autres arguments que t'as souligné, je te donne raison.
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thank you all for ur comments.. I jus av to gv it a try, I know it's gonna be really, really tough.. . Am a risk taker. People has done it and survive there in Europe. Am still young, energetic, a graduate and great parents . I got nothing to loose if things doesn't work out.
Re: Please Advise A Brother by cocolacec(m): 1:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Once you land the only options available to you is to seek asylum before your visa expires and while waiting for you asylum process you have to find Whitty to marry .Asylum is rarely granted to Nigerians.while seeking asylum govt gives you accommodation,food and little token till your asylum application is decided.Right now most European countries are getting harsh with their asylum policies due to massive influx of Iraqis,Afghans and Syrians and Eritreans.only under aged have high rate for positive asylum decision irrespective of their country of origin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 4:39am On Dec 22, 2015
cocolacec:
Once you land the only options available to you is to seek asylum before your visa expires and while waiting for you asylum process you have to find Whitty to marry .Asylum is rarely granted to Nigerians.while seeking asylum govt gives you accommodation,food and little token till your asylum application is decided.Right now most Europeans country are getting harsh with their asylum policies due to massive influx of Iraqis,Afghans and Syrians and Eritreans.only under aged have high rate for positive asylum decision irrespective of their country of origin.
Noted.. Thanks for ur advice
Re: Please Advise A Brother by MRBrownJ: 5:47am On Dec 22, 2015
TheCongo2:

Com'on MRBrwonJ, I strongly disagree with that one.
Je ne suis pas d'accord avec le point F. Sinon, pour les autres arguments que t'as souligné, je te donne raison.

il y a plein de gens qui croient que l'Europe c'est facile, mais avec la vague de racisme, les refugiés syriens etc et la crise en Europe.... un sans papiers africain, qui ne parle pas la langue, est mal barré. mon frêre, j'en ai tellement vu de nos compatriotes qui faisaient des choses HORRIBLES pour s'en sortir. au moins, en Afrique y'a la sécurité car tu as la famille donc toujours un toit/repas chaud, alors qu'à l'aventure, ces choses la ne sont pas assurés. de plus, la vie en Afrique n'est pas chère comparée aux tarifs de la Scandinavie.... j'ai vécu 3 ans en Norvège et 1 an au Danemarque, et je peux te dire qu'en Hiver si tu es à la rue, tu ne feras pas une nuit et on retrouvera ton corps congelé au petit matin.
Re: Please Advise A Brother by sobastical: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2015
worry359:
Have you not heard that Europe and more so Greece is swamped with migrants from Syria and Libya?

Every country is overloaded with migrants, they have no time or place for Nigerian boys!

Have you been to airport lately? More are still going and they ain't deported.
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2015
MRBrownJ:

il y a plein de gens qui croient que l'Europe c'est facile, mais avec la vague de racisme, les refugiés syriens etc et la crise en Europe.... un sans papiers africain, qui ne parle pas la langue, est mal barré. mon frêre, j'en ai tellement vu de nos compatriotes qui faisaient des choses HORRIBLES pour s'en sortir. au moins, en Afrique y'a la sécurité car tu as la famille donc toujours un toit/repas chaud, alors qu'à l'aventure, ces choses la ne sont pas assurés. de plus, la vie en Afrique n'est pas chère comparée aux tarifs de la Scandinavie.... j'ai vécu 3 ans en Norvège et 1 an au Danemarque, et je peux te dire qu'en Hiver si tu es à la rue, tu ne feras pas une nuit et on retrouvera ton corps congelé au petit matin.
Mon frère. Écris en anglais. Ceci est pas un forum français. 99pour
cent de visiteurs ici ne parle pas français . si je suis parmi les 1pourcent .

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by fajigirl(f): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2015
If I were you I will go and come back within the time stated in your visa application. Then you have another chance of reapplying after seeing the countries yourself and thinking things through. Don't let desperation ruin the opportunity you have been given. The visa has opened doors for you, be smart. Seeking asylum etc is just giving yourself unnecessary headache doubt you can stack money that way and like others have said, the chance of being granted is slim + you might even get locked up in a few weeks/months while the authorities try to process your deportation.

7 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by sammyhands: 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
mantleguy:
Thank you all for ur comments.. I jus av to gv it a try, I know it's gonna be really, really tough.. . Am a risk taker. People has done it and survive there in Europe. Am still young, energetic, a graduate and great parents . I got nothing to loose if things doesn't work out.

Bro you are hell bent on going anyway, well not bad considering all the expenses so far the best advice is to go there and see for yourself, BUT make sure you return within the stipulated time on your visa. Its terrible to live in Europe without papers, am sure guys over there will tell you to come over that you will "hustle" it out. They wont tell you the full gist until you at their mercy. They will use you, take advantage of your situation, threaten etc, you will even be looking for ways to run back to Nigeria. In conclusion I take go beg you dont stay beyond your visa, it wont be a good experience

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by onatisi(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
mantleguy:
Good afternoon/morning /evening all.
Am new here and am glad to have found this wonderful forum. Am a vibrant, energetic Nigerian youth lookin for a means for survival, I really crave for direction and advice from more experience people here on nairaland. I just acquired a shengen tourist visa(1month) to Greece but intend to stay back elsewhere in Europe to hussle since the economic landscape of Greece is dismal. My preferred final destination are Germany, Austria and any of the Nordic Scandinavian countries. I have heard how daunting it is to live in Europe without necessary paperwork and so far the tales seems bleak but I already have the visa and I will be leaving in a week time and I have spent some good fortune to procure this visa. Please my people which of the aforementioned countries is the easiest in terms of immigration enforcement and work (anything) as an illegal alien. And how possible is it to become legal in Europe for someone in my situation. Is this sojourn really what it? I know atleast one person in each of the countries but all are not my direct relatives. Please I really need encouragements here to motivate me that I can survive this "treacherous " journey.. Thanks to you all for reading my long piece
you have come this far without asking anybody here on nairaland ,why do u think asking questions now will help you
I don't like ppl who aren't determined ,when you get to where you are going,you will see the true picture of things there and then take a decision. Wherever there is a will,there is a way. The bitter truth is right now nowhere is rosy BUT many places are still by far better than Nigeria and they have windows of opportunities,as long as you are not criminal minded,you will survive and scale through. The only thing I believe you should have now is the mind set that you are going to improve yourself ,set a target and objective for urself ,don't travel because you can't afford chicken and turkey in Nigeria ,travel with a clear tangible purpose and most of all lay and put all your plans before your creator. God bless

7 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by samuelkingz(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
@ onatisi ur post was wat he really needed to hear thanks for d encouragement. and brother good luck to u. I pray u succeed in whatever u want

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by onatisi(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
samuelkingz:
@ onatisi ur post was wat he really needed to hear thanks for d encouragement. and brother good luck to u. I pray u succeed in whatever u want
amen
Re: Please Advise A Brother by claremont(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
I know there is nothing that can be said here that will prevent you from going, so let me give you a glimmer of hope. Take the following steps below;

1. Travel to Greece.

2. When you are in Greece, take a bus to Germany.

3. In Germany, claim asylum. Tell them you are a victim of Boko Haram. Technically, you are not lying, everyone in Nigeria is a direct or indirect victim of Boko Haram.

4. You will be paid and housed while your asylum claim is being considered.

5. While waiting, liaise with Nigerians in Germany to hook you up with a German lady. Marry her or at least impregnate her.

6. If you follow this steps, your chances of getting asylum is 50-50.

A friend of mine did the exact same thing years ago, he is married to a German now with a son. He is actually a member of Nairaland although I have lost his details. Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by MRBrownJ: 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
mantleguy:

Mon frère. Écris en anglais. Ceci est pas un forum français. 99pour
cent de visiteurs ici ne parle pas français . si je suis parmi les 1pourcent .

i was replying to TheCongo2 who addressed me in French, but fair enough.
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
fajigirl:
If I were you I will go and come back within the time stated in your visa application. Then you have another chance of reapplying after seeing the countries yourself and thinking things through. Don't let desperation ruin the opportunity you have been given. The visa has opened doors for you, be smart. Seeking asylum etc is just giving yourself unnecessary headache doubt you can stack money that way and like others have said, the chance of being granted is slim + you might even get locked up in a few weeks/months while the authorities try to process your deportation.
Thank you ma for this advice.. I will put every opinion here on the table
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
sammyhands:

Bro you are hell bent on going anyway, well not bad considering all the expenses so far the best advice is to go there and see for yourself, BUT make sure you return within the stipulated time on your visa. Its terrible to live in Europe without papers, am sure guys over there will tell you to come over that you will "hustle" it out. They wont tell you the full gist until you at their mercy. They will use you, take advantage of your situation, threaten etc, you will even be looking for ways to run back to Nigeria. In conclusion I take go beg you dont stay
beyond your visa, it wont be a good experience
Thank you sir. I will put everything u wrote on the table
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
onatisi:
you have come this far without asking anybody here on nairaland ,why do u think asking questions now will help you
I don't like ppl who aren't determined ,when you get to where you are going,you will see the true picture of things there and then take a decision. Wherever there is a will,there is a way. The bitter truth is right now nowhere is rosy BUT many places are still by far better than Nigeria and they have windows of opportunities,as long as you are not criminal minded,you will survive and scale through. The only thing I believe you should have now is the mind set that you are going to improve
yourself ,set a target and objective for urself ,don't travel because you can't afford chicken and turkey in Nigeria ,travel with a clear tangible purpose and most of all lay and put all your plans before your creator. God bless
Thank you sir... Very encouraging I must say.. Added impetus!
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
samuelkingz:
Amen. Thanks for the prayer
Re: Please Advise A Brother by mantleguy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
claremont:
I know there is nothing that can be said here that will prevent you from going, so let me give you a glimmer of hope. Take the following steps below;

1. Travel to Greece.

3. In Germany, claim asylum. Tell them you are a victim of Boko Haram. Technically, you are not lying, everyone in Nigeria is a direct or indirect victim of Boko Haram.

5. While waiting, liaise with Nigerians in Germany to hook you up with a German lady. Marry her or at least impregnate her.

A friend of mine did the exact same thing years ago, he is married to a German now with a son. He is actually a member of Nairaland although I have lost his details. Good luck.
Words of motivation from you. I will definitely put all u wrote into consideration.. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Please Advise A Brother by Lybia: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
worry359:

If you had actually read the Wiki you would have figured that it was actually Subsaharan leaving VIA Libya
Re: Please Advise A Brother by justwise(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
claremont:

1. Travel to Greece.

I don't expect that from you to be honest

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by claremont(m): 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
justwise:

I don't expect that from you to be honest

So what do you suggest he does?! The OP has clearly made up his mind that he wants to travel out and he apparently has secured a valid visa for this reason. Do you want him to go abroad and remain an illegal alien and/or join the scammers?! My suggestion is a valid and legal route to getting settled.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
claremont:

So what do you suggest he does?! The OP has clearly made up his mind that he wants to travel out and he apparently has secured a valid visa for this reason. Do you want him to go abroad and remain an illegal alien and/or join the scammers?! My suggestion is a valid and legal route to getting settled.

What you suggested to him is sham marriage and it's not legal. Nobody wants to be used for paper then dumped when paper is out.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise A Brother by claremont(m): 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

What you suggested to him is sham marriage and it's not legal. Nobody wants to be used for paper then dumped when paper is out.

You really think the white women don't know this?! They are fully aware that the individual needs papers, and they themselves require love. So it's a mutually beneficial relationship. It's not a sham if it can be proven by both parties that there is a subsisting genuine relationship; and even if it's a sham, it's up to the immigration authorities to prove that it is. It's not up to us.

The other option is for the OP to go to France and join the French Foreign Legion. It's up to him to weigh both options and choose what is best for him.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Double Decker Buses In Nigeria / Airbus/Boeing Aircraft (2016) Price List Compared! / Work And Live In Montenegro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.