Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,323 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction (20166 Views)

2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play / WHO To Classify Video Game Addiction A Disorder / Looking For An Active Gamer To Gameshare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by AyamConfidence(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2015
simplisity:
It seems u play video game well.
u dont know cao She play game sotay she be mod for game section...the only person to lock her door on a fellow Nigerian who wanted to talk to her as they were the only Nigerians on the block cos she had to finish her splinter cell...no try that girl o...FTC ON PAGE 3 THO
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by AyamConfidence(m): 7:11am On Dec 22, 2015
Meti99:
just like i will sue seun for making me addicted to nairaland.
if i had known this is how addicted it would be i wouldnt have register.
no be only you my brother...i dont even know what to do about it
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Nicepoker(m): 7:14am On Dec 22, 2015
Time to sue naughty dog
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by TruthHurts1(m): 7:19am On Dec 22, 2015
Me too I should sue Rockstar for making all their GTA games so addictive. I should even join FIFA and Konami for making PES and Football Manager so addictive.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by menxer: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2015
Video games can be addictive that's why I purposely refused to own one till after I finished school.

Now I play video games with maturity, I don't let game time conflict with work hours.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2015
NwaNimo1:
He should also sue his parents for the useless 'genes' they gave him . . .
very true. ...even the computer system for letting him download the game
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2015
thefakestan:
End time Russian gamer,

Endtime none sleeping MOD.

Everything can be called Endtime.

Endtime T-Shirts loading!

ThefakeStan
You do know you were also awake when the supermod moved this to FP, right? You were rushing for FTC, while I was busy sleeping...so you yourself be endtime non-sleeping commenter.

1 Like

Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cosmicrayboi(m): 7:58am On Dec 22, 2015
miqos02:
A Siberian gamer is suing the makers of Fallout-4 after he lost his job and broke up with his wife because of the video game. He wants 500,000 roubles (US$7,000) in compensation from the company, saying he did not know the game would “become so addictive.”
The 28-year-old man from Krasnoyarsk found out about the game in an advert and subsequently downloaded it onto his computer. That was when his problems began in earnest. He only intended to play it for a couple of evenings, but instead became addicted and the next three weeks flew by.

Such was his ‘dedication’ to the game, which sees the player emerge from a bunker following a devastating nuclear holocaust in a post-apocalyptic world, that his own apocalypse unfolded right before his eyes.
He regularly skipped work, which resulted in his employers firing him. He stopped meeting up and speaking with friends, and his wife left him. His health also started to deteriorate as he was not sleeping or eating.
“If I knew that this game could have become so addictive, I would have become a lot more wary of it. I would not have bought it, or I would have left it until I was on holiday or until the New Year holidays,” a statement from the man read.
The Krasnoyarsk native now wants to sue the makers of the game Bethesda Game Studios and the Russian localization firm for 500,000 roubles ($7,000) for emotional distress.
His lawsuit is seen as something of a test case in Russia, as there has never been such a precedent. The law firm representing the 28-year-old say they want to “see how far we can go regarding this case.”
There have been similar cases around the world though. In 2010, a US federal judge said he would listen to a case brought by a Hawaiian man, who said he became addicted to video game Lineage II.
Craig Smallwood was demanding damages from the game’s makers, saying he would not have begun playing if he had been aware “that he would become addicted to the game.”
Surprisingly, the judge sided with the plaintiff and ordered NCsoft of South Korea to pay Smallwood’s legal fees which he had accumulated over the six-month period after filing his lawsuit.
https://www.rt.com/news/326272-gamer-russia-lawsuit-fallout4/
come naija nah come do am, the game makers still far. na the judge go carry jazz kill u for stressing his ears in court grin
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Emeka71(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2015
Too bad.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2015
The dude needs to be flogged with koboko, is he a kid?....

if thats the case na to dey sue all this nairabet book makers to court cause the addiction no be here o...lol!
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Melo11: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2015
Oh my! What a bull**it!
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 8:33am On Dec 22, 2015
AyamConfidence:
u dont know cao She play game sotay she be mod for game section...the only person to lock her door on a fellow Nigerian who wanted to talk to her as they were the only Nigerians on the block cos she had to finish her splinter cell...no try that girl o...FTC ON PAGE 3 THO
cheesy I guess I should be happy that I do most of my gaming at work then... grin Although, I really should get back to finishing my games at some point, I've become a collector instead of a player.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by WaffenSS(m): 8:40am On Dec 22, 2015
Of all games to lose your job on, it had to be Fallout?

If it was GTA V I'd understand, I too almost lost my job for that (heists! Oh god!).

Unless of course it's all a publicity stunt by Bethesda to promote that long-winding, slow-burning rubbish of a wasteland trawling game.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2015
someone needs to sue kessinton for getting addicted to baba ijebu, rubbbbish talk.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by tartar9(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2015
I think they should give him the money.see marketing grin.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by refreshrate: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2015
The guy is an eeediot instead of him to blame GEJ
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2015
WaffenSS:
Of all games to lose your job on, it had to be Fallout?

If it was GTA V I'd understand, I too almost lost my job for that (heists! Oh god!).

Unless of course it's all a publicity stunt by Bethesda to promote that long-winding, slow-burning rubbish of a wasteland trawling game.
Just say you don't like Fallout and move on. One man's food is another's poison.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by shumuel(m): 10:01am On Dec 22, 2015
cao:
This guy has got jokes, I might as well sue Papa Johns for making awesome pizza and giving me discounts. The slap way I wan slap the guy...giving gamers a bad name.

kikiki Lol, you dey mind the mumu ? Na who send am grin

but honestly, some game could get you so addicted that you'll completely live in it, hunger and time would mean nothing to you at that moment especially if you can't find yourself to pass a stage or finish the game.

I have a DVD of God of War, the guy practically played the game for 6year to complete all stage.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 10:14am On Dec 22, 2015
shumuel:

kikiki Lol, you dey mind the mumu ? Na who send am grin

but honestly, some game could get you so addicted that you'll completely live in it, hunger and time would mean nothing to you at that moment especially if you can't find yourself to pass a stage or finish the game.

I have a DVD of God of War, the guy practically played the game for 6year to complete all stage.
I'm not even going to lie, when I was playing Player Career on FIFA 14, I know I played division 2 season in less than one week, I played every single match for Plymouth, my guy was out for 4 weeks injury, he was still rated number 1. Na sleep, game, use toilet during loading, eat for my bed, continue, rinse and repeat. I think I only ate coco pops that week, no mess with powdered milk. The only good thing is I kept myself hydrated with water. In my defence work was quiet around that time, so no wahala, until I had work. See the way I abandon game, then went to work for whatever game I was testing that day. Dragged myself back home, played a match or 3. So, that guy they talk nonsense. I've gone to work way too many times with no sleep. Ok, that one is not always games fault.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by WaffenSS(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2015
cao:

Just say you don't like Fallout and move on. One man's food is another's poison.

That's exactly what I did, you nitwit.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2015
WaffenSS:

That's exactly what I did, you nitwit.

Wow, that's new...
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by khalhokage(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2015
cao:

I'm not even going to lie, when I was playing Player Career on FIFA 14, I know I played division 2 season in less than one week, I played every single match for Plymouth, my guy was out for 4 weeks injury, he was still rated number 1. Na sleep, game, use toilet during loading, eat for my bed, continue, rinse and repeat. I think I only ate coco pops that week, no mess with powdered milk. The only good thing is I kept myself hydrated with water. In my defence work was quiet around that time, so no wahala, until I had work. See the way I abandon game, then went to work for whatever game I was testing that day. Dragged myself back home, played a match or 3. So, that guy they talk nonsense. I've gone to work way too many times with no sleep. Ok, that one is not always games fault.

You're a game tester?! cool.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by shumuel(m): 10:32am On Dec 22, 2015
cao:

Thats the reason why i said 'Who send am' don't mind him, its because their judicial system is perfect, reason why they take advantage, am sure he could Win the case,, let him come try such in Nigeria, its his parent that would beat back sense into his life, Lol.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by WaffenSS(m): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2015
cao:

Wow, that's new...

"You cannot police me, so get off my areola"
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2015
I Will sue Kanu for making me come from Biafra instead of Abia state.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by AyamConfidence(m): 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
cao:

cheesy I guess I should be happy that I do most of my gaming at work then... grin Although, I really should get back to finishing my games at some point, I've become a collector instead of a player.
thats good...give me a gift this december please and i'm gonna ask after your consent
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
WaffenSS:

"You cannot police me, so get off my areola"

Technically, I could police you in this section, but I'm on my lunch break...
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by WaffenSS(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
cao:

Technically, I could police you in this section, but I'm on my lunch break...

NWA says...fucck tha police.
Re: Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction by cao(f): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
WaffenSS:

NWA says...fucck tha police.
You appear to enjoy repeating other people, I didn't know you were a parrot. We appear to have a parrot on NL, apparently NL really is the place to be. Anywho, break's almost over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official Thread For FIFA 2016 PC / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time / Download Super Mario Bros PPSSPP Android Game - And Free PSP GOLD Emulator Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.