Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,805 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide (1799 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? / Treat Root Cause Of Weak Organ,Watery Sperm, Low Sperm Count & Quick Release. / 10 Easy Remedies You Can Use To Get Rid Of That Pot Belly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by kyrianpaul(m): 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
Men with pot belly are often associated with excessive beer consumption and other unhealthy lifestyles. For real, excessive bulging stomach is dangerous for normal, overweight, and obese people. According to Wikipedia, abdominal obesity, also known as beer belly, beer gut, pot belly, front butt, spare tyre or clinically as central obesity, should be guarded against to enhance a good lifestyle.

In our society today, a lot of people cast aspersions on pot belly men as being addicted to beer. Can drinking beer alone results in potbelly? No. Many factors can cause pot belly without taking beer, says Prof Tola Atinmo, professor of Human Nutrition, University of Ibadan.

Some people may have pot bellies for different reasons such as weak abdominal musculature, digestive problems, constipation and poor posture.

Atinmo noted that beer intake isn’t bad when taken in moderation. He went extra mile on the health benefits of beer, which he says reduce the risk of developing and dying from heart disease. Also, it possibly reduces the risk of ischemic stroke (when the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing severely reduced blood flow) and possibly reduces the risk of diabetes

All the benefits of beer mentioned above are functions of moderate consumption.

Beer, being at least 90 per cent water, may clearly be a significant contributor to water intake among beer drinkers. Aside water, beer is brewed with malted barley, hops, yeast and corn. Interestingly, Beer is essentially fat-free. Fats are highly water-insoluble molecules which, when present in foodstuffs, are either in the form of emulsions or within a solid matrix. Beer, of course, is largely water, and most beers contain very few insoluble solids.

The first thing we think of is improper diet and exercise. Diet and exercise can help to reduce stomach fat when you eat right and have a good exercise regimen that you follow each day. Healthy lifestyle is a desirable way of life, which stipulates that we focus more on preventive health rather than the curative

A healthy lifestyle is achieved through the following conditions: Healthy eating and drinking; adequate rest and stress management; bodily and spiritual exercise; no smoking and hygiene and sanitation.

Atinmo, however, informs that nutritionists recommend the consumption of at least 6- 8 glasses of water daily of which the beer drinkers can benefit from its consumption. He further explains that Beer is not a medicine to be prescribed by doctors (some doctors do it underneath to close patients/relations!) but rather a foodstuff that should be approached within social environs that are mature, considerate and reasonable.

Source: http://healthnfitnessguide.com.ng/beer-not-the-cause-of-pot-belly/
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by menix(m): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
If beer does not cause pot belly then Gulder is not beer...
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by Spanner4(m): 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin

Prayers of ladies: Oh God, please inasmuch I want a husband befor the year runs out but pls don't give me pregnant husbands!
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by tolugar: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:
If beer does not cause pot belly then Gulder is not beer...

compare the content of Gulder against other beers, and see it has nothing to do with pot bellies

#where are the MEN
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by menix(m): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
tolugar:

compare the content of Gulder against other beers, and see it has nothing to do with pot bellies

#where are the MEN

Pls which is ur brand
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by tolugar: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:

Pls which is ur brand

Gulder for over 10yrs en still flunt flat tommy.
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by menix(m): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
tolugar:

Gulder for over 10yrs en still flunt flat tommy.

Wow, u re a loyal customer..

I have done virtually all brand in my 12yrs but will never do Gulder..
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by sinaj(f): 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
Lol at front butt grin
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by tolugar: 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:

Wow, u re a loyal customer..

I have done virtually all brand in my 12yrs but will never do Gulder..

thats what my body tolorates at moderate level.

the taste is silky as if freshly brewed and also the mode of alcohol transport is mild

definately the ultimate
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by menix(m): 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
tolugar:

thats what my body tolorates at moderate level.

the taste is silky as if freshly brewed and also the mode of alcohol transport is mild

definately the ultimate

Won't get tempted by the above..
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by tolugar: 11:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:

Won't get tempted by the above..

It's for the MEN!!!!

So define yourself

Don't be left out
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by menix(m): 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
tolugar:

It's for the MEN!!!!

So define yourself

Don't be left out

Hahahahahahahha..

I better be a boy oo...
Re: Beer Not The Cause Of Pot Belly - Healthnfitness Guide by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Beer is one of the major causes of potbelly in men. Reason being that beer wgich is alcoholic contains empty calories and as such over-indulgence in beer can cause that massive belly. Generally potbelly is as a result of a far greater calorie input(intake) compared to calorie output(expenditure)

(1) (Reply)

Zone 3 Medical Laboratory, Calabar Cross River Nigeria, www.zone3lab.com.ng / Doctors In The House, Please I Need Your Helps? And Am Really Worried About It. / Free Heart Surgery For Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.