Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? (2523 Views)

When A Lady Says She Need A Break In Relationship, What Does That Implies? / He/she Leaves You After A 9-year Relationship; What Will You Do? / When A Woman Is Asking For A Space In A Relationship What Does She Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by SEYIKP(m): 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is my third time that I will be going to different girls to ask them out for serious relationship. The similar replied they all gave is that they are already in serious relationship with someone else. I told one of my friend about it and he said it's just an escape gimmick from them to discharge me. Which I dint concur to. My question to the house, is that is it a good/proper thing to always persuade a girl after she has already told you that she's in serious relationship. Because I think it's a selfishness to press her on after she has told me her engagement status. Because. I'm putting myself in the shoe of the other guy she's in love with. Advice from mature minds.
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by Spanner4(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
It is of no use, just respect her current relationship and move on with ur life
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2015

A guy can take his frnds car nd run himself over till d girl's relationship becomes unserious
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by sinaj(f): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
Is d msg nt clear enough
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
sinaj:
Is d msg nt clear enough

SinajGate trending
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by Topestbilly(m): 12:11am On Dec 22, 2015
kill her lover ni... yeye question..

endtime questions everywhere
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 22, 2015
Kii urself
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by hyman9ja(m): 7:00am On Dec 22, 2015
SEYIKP:
This is my third time that I will be going to different girls to ask them out for serious relationship. The similar replied they all gave is that they are already in serious relationship with someone else. I told one of my friend about it and he said it's just an escape gimmick from them to discharge me. Which I dint concur to. My question to the house, is that is it a good/proper thing to always persuade a girl after she has already told you that she's in serious relationship. Because I think it's a selfishness to press her on after she has told me her engagement status. Because. I'm putting myself in the shoe of the other guy she's in love with. Advice from mature minds.

As girls plenty reach u no see d one wen no dey engage...how unlucky u hav been, my broda on to d next one n stop giving ursef headache
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by onyee25(f): 7:18am On Dec 22, 2015
LET HER BE!
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by sholikay(m): 7:32am On Dec 22, 2015
OP.continue pestering such engaged ladies at ur own peril..kuz na friendzone you dey go so...a girl that really cherish u, won't hesitate to accept ur proposal.
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by sinaj(f): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:

SinajGate trending
lol

How smiley
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2015
When a girl tells you she is in a committed relationship, respect her decision and stop disturbing her.
No sensible girl will use that trick to test how much u love her.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by polariss(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2015
You go like rebound guy sha cool
Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by chachanga: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
1. Respect her words first and above all else
Contrary to what some believe, some ladies still adopt that outdated faulty logic as means of "testing" your commitment and the veracity of your claims.
Some might like you but are shy of saying yes right now; and for the want of better package, she registers that bundle for you to keep calling grin.
If you're patient and stay within her Network Zone, you go still ping or own that Mast one day (hope ur catching my drift, am not teaching you badt o but you sound genuine anyway!)

2. Concentrate on building viable friendships with the opposite sex that could lead to relationships or not.
Enjoy your single status now while you still have it. An integral part of that is when you're still down to your "Me, Myself & I's", ok?
Enjoy the company.
Do worthwhile things with your female friends that could make you just as fulfilled (positively ooo) as if you had some emotional hold on them.

Some people might call you mumu etc for blowing money on dates, staying up late on night call just to gist, taking strolls, visiting, attending events chaperoning female friends you're not yet engaged to. But it's more for your own sanity and all-round development, bro!

It's important you make friends first if you're looking for a fulfilling relationship o and not all the d!ck-measuring gangbanger heroics type you have going on in the sexuality section, IF YOU WANT TRUE LOVE, WORK ON YOURSELF I.E. MAKE FRIENDS !!

3. Reduce your expectation level
It's a true maxim that most of what happens to you's not what gets you down BUT HOW YOU REACTED OR RESPONDED TO THEM!
Oprah was once abused but see her today!
Ice Prince said his first intimacy encounter was quite off but look at what he's made of himself. (and i mean emotionally, psychologically etc.
We waste a lot of time "feeling bad" about our experience instead of quickly picking ourselves up, dusting off and attempting something else.
In the process, we start building up negative mindsets and stereotypes that we reinforce and re-affirm with each successive screw up till we get to the point that we believe we're jinxed in some way or the other.

And the mere thought of attempting the usual 9to5 challenges like in your case, getting a relationship, becomes more depressing and bleak.

Bro, free your mind, determine to enjoy your time.

You'll start getting too sensitive, edgy and mistake-prone once you have this "now or never", "either her or no one else" approach.

It even makes you "mumu-ishly" invest too much and ladies pick up on this things fast.

In programming, you use Meta Tags, In relationships too, you have your metatags that carry salient but critical data about how you ought to be treated etc; It could either be what I call a "[b]Magatag" or an "AlphaTag". Bro, shed your maga-tag fast.[/b]

4. Not all ladies cuddle Puppies
Yes, some would die for puppies but will always have the Alpha guard them any day.
This is not book rhetoric.
If you were a chick and you had a choice between this weak-ar.ss apologetic guy and some real strong, confident fellow radiating charm and warmth; who would you choose to hold you, have your back or father your babies?
Even Independent Ladies would never choose some guy they have to mummy over a real man who is in charge of his own reality, runs his own package, owns his own mind, can/will maturely stand up to them, sincerely guide them without keeping scores in times of his superior logic coming up tops and ever being there as a visionary to up to or side with in the quest for a fulfilled life.

So,
a. know yourself well
b. know things
(which things, I don't know; i don tell u say no be say i dey copy. Na my way of life wey work for me wella i dey yarn you, so know things and know that you know them, constantly update yourself.) You never know what's putting these ladies off. Knowing things and having guts to act on them is key to success.
c. open ur eyes, as u dey waka with chicks. Start studying chick mannerisms and peeves; it will serve you well as against misfiring. You would stop misreading cues for one. You would also learn what stuffs never to try and copy/paste and which ones work across board regardless of the chicks version, model number or location peculiarities.

5. For starters, keep your target chick like your goals, S.M.A.R.T
You might not be new in the dating scene but with this rate of bloopers, you might need to avoid the "OverMade Chicks" or Bigz Girls of your zone for a while.
See, some of the so-called Bigz Gals that you idolized as being ideal, perfect, 'stainless' and complete also have enough chinks in their armor but it will take you a lifetime with learner mentality to locate such loopholes.
How would you cope with someone like Blackberrybabes, Carolyner, misspicy, ifyluv etc when merely being in her presence is causing you to suddenly develop the Asthma that's not in your lineage, ehn?
Those Madames if they were not already engaged would still be too a HOT a targets for you at your present Game level. The more you try (and most likely fail at getting them); the failure rate only serves to make them more larger-than-life size.
And, the more a happening babe is trending, the lesser time of day she would have for the underdog guy unless you're bringing some good A-Game to the table o!
So, as bad as it may sound, stop going for Life-of-the-party, over-set babes who were are most probably being feted and "heavily waxed" by some other dudes way above you on the food chain.
I can assure you that all those MayWeather chicks currently trending now with him would most like be too well sated financially and vanity-wise to have time for some Salary-earner dude who's no baller.
So, you try look up someone you might've thought ordinary on a good day and be a source of good influence.
Build up some chick.
Invest time, gist...learn to make her smile consistently, be persistent about seeing the best of her come out; it will help you lots more.

6. In asking out, put your best foot forward but be ready for a No and be decided on not letting it affect you or how you wanna move forward with or without the much sort after "YES I Will".

7. OR You fit go sign up with Tosynetomuch, MaziOmenuko etc
Dem go see you not only into relationship but literally into your marital bed chamber sef.
...sorry for putting so much out in public forum
...here's to wishing you the best in the Hearts Affairs
...xmas packaging beckons..

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Tells You She's In A Serious Relationship, What Should A Guy Do? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Pursue until you lose interest. grin

(1) (Reply)

I Love Toto So Much Pls Help / 8 Things That Show Ladies Are The Major Cause Why They're Still Single / Yaay! So Happy Tonight, Made Front Page.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.