Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens (28654 Views)

FG Orders ‘Eat, Drink Nigeria’ At State Functions / FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport / FG Orders Issuance Of 'SIN' To Nigerian Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by kayjasper(f): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2015
ifyalways:

Finally, someone with brains !!!

What brains?? undecided

Fish Brains Maybe!!

Does everyone have a bank account?

Does everyone have a drivers license?

Its easy to sit outside the house and be castigating those inside.

You think the leaders making these policies are that dumb not to have thought of all this your elementary reasoning before making decisions?

Nigerians....smh....many dullards on the internet.!!
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:

You're not far away from getting mad. If insulting gej will get you there faster, I promise to carry on till I see you carry dirty dreads bi!tching around the streets. Oloshi! Idiot shocked
the fact still remains , u are a mumufoolishfool! Come sun, come rain.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 11:34am On Dec 22, 2015
DelGardo:
You have been jumping up and down this thread exposing your frustration with good news.

- Did they say issue a new card?
- Will this directive stop them from agreeing on the use of National ID card number that you have suggested?
- If they do not make an effort to bring it all together how can all the different entities or parastatals collaborate to decide which of the numbers that should be adopted?
- Will this not stop periodic biometric registration exercises and support a common platform?

Most people have asked for a harmonized way of registering Nigerians as well as a single repository/database, to stop government agencies from coming up with different confusing schemes to line their pockets. Now the move is underway and you are complaining.

Ndi mmadu sef...

Go back and read all my previous posts with an open mind. Maybe it would free you from the prejudice in your heart. undecided

Where exactly did I say that govt would issue a new card? shocked All I stated was that the existing numbers should be linked to the National ID Card Number, and that National ID Card Number would then serve as a unique identification number that govt is proposing to embark upon. No need for another duplication. Use the ID card no., for whatever harmonisation you want to do. Why is that so hard for you to understand? shocked

And how does my suggestion stop periodic biometric registration exercises? How does using the National ID Card Number fail to support a common platform, like you are insinuating? Guy, free your mind o! angry
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by kayjasper(f): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
it doesn't change anything. There is something we call "GRACE". Go ask for for yours, and u'll see how life's journey will be easy and effortless. Don't hate on someone's. wink

And how did he use the grace he got?

We all know a man got all the grace he needed in life and didn't even know what to do with it.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by kayjasper(f): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:

The bolded shows how GEJ has really imacted your life and that of your family.

Please I beg you in the name of God, stop playing Naira BET before you start seeing every word that has "B" & "T" in it as "BET". Oloshi. Oniranu onidirunrun grin

Now, back to your prayer: I'll say a very big AMEN to that.

You know why undecided

My parents and great grand parents... They've prayed and work so hard for God NeVer to let anyone from their linage to be like GEJ... Just in case you don't know: GEJ is n ogbanje that once lived back in the days of old... He's been around and will continue to be. He is all the failed character/personality you always hear of/about in all the holy books combined.

From Nabal to the recently Guiness crowned "most Unfortunate person to ever lived". They all can be traced to no other place than Otueke, the compound of GEJ, see undecided

I will never amount to even 1000 of that useless buffoon called gej, tufiakwah! *spits*

Now, dear God please bless me the way you've blessed the following great individuals, even more than they are worth today:

Baba Buhari (useful in the 80s and Thousands) cheesy deal with that tongue

Obasanjo (useful in the 80s, 90s till now) tongue

Jagaban Tinubu (Slayer of your hero and his party) (Useful in the 90s, today and till kingdom come) cheesy

Fashola (Never to be forgotten for Good in Lagos and Nigeria at large)

I'll stop here before you commit suicide and run away grin

[size=16pt] CLASSIC RESPONSE!! [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 11:39am On Dec 22, 2015
kayjasper:
What brains?? undecided

Fish Brains Maybe!!

Does everyone have a bank account?

Does everyone have a drivers license?

Its easy to sit outside the house and be castigating those inside.

You think the leaders making these policies are that dumb not to have thought of all this your elementary reasoning before making decisions?

Nigerians....smh....many dullards on the internet.!!

Nah...you are actually the one with a fish brain! sad Where was it stated that 'everybody' has a BVN Number or a Drivers' license?

All that was mentioned was that some people already have these numbers, so those numbers should all be linked to the individual's National ID card number, which can then be used as a unique special identification number, instead of govt going all out to fashion out a separate unique identification number. Is that so hard for you to grasp?? Chai! shocked See as you have put so much faith in the leaders reasoning...what a pity!
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by kayjasper(f): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Nah...you are actually the one with a fish brain! sad Where was it stated that 'everybody' has a BVN Number or a Drivers' license?

All that was mentioned was that some people already have these numbers, so those numbers should all be linked to the individual's National ID card number, which can then be used as a unique special identification number, instead of govt going all out to fashion out a separate unique identification number. Is that so hard for you to grasp?? Chai! shocked See as you have put so much faith in the leaders reasoning...what a pity!

Why will all my details be linked to one number?

Bank details, driving details, housing details and probably my security details.

You do not see the hole in your postulation?

These are different institutions with different security implications.

You want it all to be easily accessible to criminals and people who can manipulate things easily with just the number?

Now who is the fish?

Me or You?
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by ug0197777: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2015
@Okenwa, 666 things loading.........55%
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DikSin(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
loool. So you wrote this long gibberish just to say nonsense still? angry. How mad can you be? Did you re-read the nonsense you wrote? And your poo+air-filled brain couldn't decipher that "bet" was just being colloquial, as in I have to come down to ur level. Loool. Keep hating on someone your lineage both past, present and future can't clean his shoes. Kikiki. Meanwhile, you don chop? grin .bring it on son kiss kiss
Just in case you didnotice, today is 22 December... I'd rather make more cash than waste quality time on an overfed spoilt, cyber slave & silly idiot like you

I declare you VOID! This is the last time I'll respond to your mention
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Ohana(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2015
creating this iD's is not done with peanuts. they cost huge amount of dollars to be done in a proper way. what is the guarantee that this idea will not a abused by our money conscious politicians who uses every opportunity to loot public funds...?
How are we sure a new president won't device another means of ID in his own administration just to soot his purpose.?

The earlier we start modifying what we had, the better for us ,rather than creating a new process entirely. let's build on what we have on ground and make them better. BESIDES, I THOUGHT THEY SAID NIGERIA IS BROKE?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2015
kayjasper:

Why will all my details be linked to one number?

Bank details, driving details, housing details and probably my security details.

You do not see the hole in your postulation?

These are different institutions with different security implications.

You want it all to be easily accessible to criminals and people who can manipulate things easily with just the number?

Now who is the fish?

Me or You?

Nah, you have just proved to all and sundry that you are the real fish! sad Kindly stop arguing blindly! What was the govt proposing to do before? Wasn't it to create a different unique identification number for everybody, in order to harmonise all these numbers issued by different agencies? My own take is this: Why create another number, when you can use an already existing number (which is the National ID Card No.) to achieve the same purpose?

Or is that part too hard for you to understand? shocked
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DikSin(m): 11:52am On Dec 22, 2015
udeh3:

But he thought of BVN and Permanent Voter Card... Who is now the drunkard here?

He didn't conceived the idea... Someone else does, get it? undecided
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by WaffenSS(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
signz:
666 undecided undecided undecided

I'm feeling sorry for the four-hundred-and-nineteenth person.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:

Just in case you didnotice, today is 22 December... I'd rather make more cash than waste quality time on an overfed spoilt, cyber slave & silly idiot like you

I declare you VOID! This is the last time I'll respond to your mention
lmaooo cheesy. Ideally, you should have made all the cash you need for the year, you still dey hustle? The year has ended naww,Lmaooo. Naaa, i'm no slave nor an idiot;you can take that to the bank. wink wink cheesy. Actually, I feel really sorry for the people in your life. Lmaooo.how do dey cope with ur silliness and pettiness? Okunrin for that matter. Shior.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
kayjasper:

And how did he use the grace he got?

We all know a man got all the grace he needed in life and didn't even know what to do with it.

how he used it? Lool. Funny you. He became the president and did what he can do. He did good and bad which makes him human. Disgruntled? Sue him! There is provision for that in the constitution, afteral he is just like every other man now without immunity. smiley
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
kayjasper:

Lol.

Thats a prayer i will gladly say a big A-M-E-N to!!

Who wants any of their generation to have any trait like "Dull-Luck" Jonathan?

You maybe? Lol

tongue tongue tongue
I didn't say any prayer tho. And in the event of it being a prayer, I multiply the AMEN! May you nor your entire lineage not reach 1/100th of the height and achievements of "Dull-Luck" like you called him. Iseeeee
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DelGardo: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Go back and read all my previous posts with an open mind. Maybe it would free you from the prejudice in your heart. undecided

Where exactly did I say that govt would issue a new card? shocked All I stated was that the existing numbers should be linked to the National ID Card Number, and that National ID Card Number would then serve as a unique identification number that govt is proposing to embark upon. No need for another duplication. Use the ID card no., for whatever harmonisation you want to do. Why is that so hard for you to understand? shocked

And how does my suggestion stop periodic biometric registration exercises? How does using the National ID Card Number fail to support a common platform, like you are insinuating? Guy, free your mind o! angry

On the contrary you should think first before you talk.

The government wants to harmonize biometric data my friend... it is not just about numbering . When the data is consolidated, using various methods for data linkage, then they will adopt a universal number (which may well be the National Id card number). After that no other government agency will come up with a different biometric registration budget/activity/methodology the way they used to do in the past.

But serious work has to be done for this to happen; and that task has been commissioned. But you, in your little world, has already dismissed the endeavor because you think you are smarter than the present government.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by nnamdismart25(m): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
I see the end of the world drawing close minute by minute, unique number kit? End time unique number.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
DelGardo:
On the contrary you should think first before you talk.

The government wants to harmonize biometric data my friend... it is not just about numbering . When the data is consolidated, using various methods for data linkage, then they will adopt a universal number (which may well be the National Id card number). After that no other government agency will come up with a different biometric registration budget/activity/methodology the way they used to do in the past.

But there is serious work has to be done for this to happen; and that task has been commissioned. But you, in your little world, has already dismissed the endeavor because you think you are smarter than the present government.

Let me urge you to take your own advice. Think properly before you talk. sad Harmonising numbers and biometric data, is not rocket science. No one has stated that it would not take serious work before it can be done. Nobody has said they should not consolidate their data. All that has been stated so far, is that there is no need to duplicate efforts by then creating a new set of unique identification numbers, when an existing one can be used for the same job. shocked

Now where exactly did I say that I am smarter than govt? So why are you reading meanings into my post? Like I advised you earlier, free your mind from the prejudice in your heart.

Guy, I have seen different regimes in this country come up with various policies and programmes. A number of them have not been well-thought out, or properly articulated. In some cases, the public were not even carried along.

Have you ever bothered to do an audit of all govt endeavours and programmes that have been carried out over the past few decades, and the resulting effect of each of those programmes? Govt is NOT infallible, and if you are totally honest with yourself, their main area of weakness has always been in the area of implementation and execution. undecided

And this has to be pointed out, in as many ways as possible, so that the same mistakes do not get repeated down the line.

Am done. You can continue to think what you like!
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by eroticecstasy: 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
DikSin:
Gej won't think of this... Useless drunkard shocked
...married to a drug addict
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DelGardo: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Let me urge you to take your own advice. Think properly before you talk. sad Harmonising numbers and biometric data, is not rocket science. No one has stated that it would not take serious work before it can be done. Nobody has said they should not consolidate their data. All that has been stated so far, is that there is no need to duplicate efforts by then creating a new set of unique identification numbers, when an existing one can be used for the same job. shocked

What do you mean by duplicating efforts? Have we ever tried consolidating the databases and harmonizing numbers before? I have been asking you to show us where they asked them to produce a new set of numbers in that news report. You have assumed that, and you want us all to take it as a fact. You claim you support consolidation but you ask them to do NOTHING as if the numbers will link up by themselves

Tequilah:

Now where exactly did I say that I am smarter than govt? So why are you reading meanings into my post? Like I advised you earlier, free your mind from the prejudice in your heart.

Because instead of making your contribution sound like a suggestion of an efficient and cost-saving way of achieving the objective you have just been criticizing the idea in such a dismissive manner as if it made no sense to try an harmonize in the first place.

Tequilah:

Guy, I have seen different regimes in this country come up with various policies and programmes. A number of them have not been well-thought out, or properly articulated. In some cases, the public were not even carried along.

I agree. The difference is that you are attacking the "what" (objective) of this directive without having enough information on the "how" (selected process to achieve it), thereby dismissing the "why" (gains to be made by the country). Had you made your input as a least-cost suggestion we will not be having this argument.

Tequilah:

Have you ever bothered to do an audit of all govt endeavours and programmes that have been carried out over the past few decades, and the resulting effect of each of those programmes? Govt is NOT infallible, and if you are totally honest with yourself, their main area of weakness has always been in the area of implementation and execution. undecided

I have not done an audit... I also agree that successive governments have been inefficient - the multitude of defective biometric registration exercises is enough evidence. It does not mean, however, that every meaningful effort must be condemned the way you have gone about it. As I said earlier, table your suggestion as a way of bringing success and I will identify with that.

Tequilah:

And this has to be pointed out, in as many ways as possible, so that the same mistakes do not get repeated down the line.

Am done. You can continue to think what you like!

Better.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Denko2721987(m): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
people like u is d problem of nigeria, u are d terrorist we are looking for, people like u may carry bomb, without knowing u wil be dangerous, u said u don't want d govt to know his citizens, then be ready to deport urself,

yeah, sorry for quoting you but its clear u are ignorant of the history of this world and its so-called governments.. Those who dont learn from history are cursed to repeat it...
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by punkyellla(f): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Pidggin:
Another scheme of deceit
Lie lie mohamed at work.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by punkyellla(f): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
ifyalways:
Finally, someone with brains !!!
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
DelGardo:
What do you mean by duplicating efforts? Have we ever tried consolidating the databases and harmonizing numbers before? I have been asking you to show us where they asked them to produce a new set of numbers in that news report. You have assumed that, and you want us all to take it as a fact. You claim you support consolidation but you ask them to do NOTHING as if the numbers will link up by themselves

I have explained over and over again what duplication of efforts mean, in my preceding posts, so stop jumping from pillar to post. A number of biometric exercises have been conducted on Nigerian citizens at different levels. Pictures are taken, fingerprints are captured, all in a bid to issue new identification numbers or capture the citizen's biometric data. e.g. BVN, National ID Card, Voters' Cards etc.

You obviously did not read the first article cited by the OP and published in Vanguard. Go back and read it. You will see where a new unique set of numbers was mentioned by the govt spokesman.

Lastly, I never asked them to do nothing. All I asked was that they should NOT issue a new set of identification numbers, and in the process embark on a fresh set of exercises to start getting people to provide their biometric data (i.e. taking of new photographs and capturing fingerprints et al), when they could use already existing data and the National ID Card numbers for whatever purpose they want to achieve. is that so difficult to understand?

DelGardo:

Because instead of making your contribution sound like a suggestion of an efficient and cost-saving way of achieving the objective you have just been criticizing the idea in such a dismissive manner as if it made no sense to try an harmonize in the first place.

I will assume that you are a govt official and that you are speaking for govt, going by the remarks you have made here. This is cyberspace, and a public forum. People are free to express their thoughts and opinions, as long as it is free of rancour, falsehood and abuse. I have done so. If you want an efficient, cost-saving proposal that shows how to achieve the purpose you seek, you can engage my services as a consultant. I do not work for free. I have not see it written anywhere, that it is a crime to criticise govt ideas. So stop getting your knickers in a twist! Just point out in chapter and verse, where I said they should NOT harmonise their database. Go on. Am waiting.

DelGardo:

I agree. The difference is that you are attacking the "what" (objective) of this directive without having enough information on the "how" (selected process to achieve it), thereby dismissing the "why" (gains to be made by the country). Had you made your input as a least-cost suggestion we will not be having this argument.

I have not attacked the objective. Stop jumping to conclusions. sad I have only criticized the issuance of the so-called new 'unique identification numbers', which would be given to individuals when the harmonisation is completed. These are 'numbers' that the govt spokesman has said would provide 'benefits.' He never stated what the benefits were, or how they would accrue to the owners of those numbers. I was not aware that I had to provide my input as a least-cost suggestion, least of all to you. How amusing! So stating that already existing National ID card numbers should be used, instead of raising new ones from scratch, or duplicating efforts to get new ones, is not a least-cost solution? My, oh my! shocked

It is unclear why you are getting so offended. If you want to list the 'gains' kindly go ahead. Stop attacking the viewpoints of others, simply because they do not align with your own perspective. undecided

DelGardo:

I have not done an audit... I also agree that successive governments have been inefficient - the multitude of defective biometric registration exercises is enough evidence. It does not mean, however, that every meaningful effort must be condemned the way you have gone about it. As I said earlier, table your suggestion as a way of bringing success and I will identify with that.

Better.

Oh, so you agree that successive govts have been inefficient? Then why are we having this conversation? Or do you simply believe that this govt is infallible? Kindly let us know. Nobody is condemning a meaningful effort, so please keep your hair on. What is being advocated, is that previous efforts with respect to issuance of identification numbers, should not be duplicated. Must we keep going round in circles?

You now ended by saying: "table your suggestion as a way of bringing success and I will identify with that." I beg let me laugh very well, before I continue. grin Who made you judge, jury and approving authority on this thread? You have made your comments, and I have made mine. Clearly. It is left for the public to read and draw their own conclusions. Who cares if you identify with my comments or not? If you find my responses so offensive, please walk past and ignore them. It is a free world. cheesy
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by punkyellla(f): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

Nonsense and ingredients, as Chief Zebrudaya would say. What da heck do they need another unique identification number for?? shocked Most Nigerians already have a National Identity Card, a BVN and a Voter's card. Some also have the new Drivers' License, to boot. Each of these forms of identification, carry a unique set of numbers peculiar to an individual. All they need to do is link all these numbers directly to each individual, using that individual's National ID Card number, as a unique marker! So what dirty set of certain benefits are they going to provide, that they cannot use the National ID Card number to do? shocked

They do not need another set of numbers to identify anybody. Why can't people think properly in this country? Sheesh! angry
This man is worse than that drunkard. How will this make 1dollar to be 1naira. Another scam to siphon trillions of oil money or stay in power for 8yrs
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DelGardo: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

I have explained over and over again what duplication of efforts mean, in my preceding posts, so stop jumping from pillar to post. A number of biometric exercises have been conducted on Nigerian citizens at different levels. Pictures are taken, fingerprints are captured, all in a bid to issue new identification numbers or capture the citizen's biometric data. e.g. BVN, National ID Card, Voters' Cards etc.

You obviously did not read the first article cited by the OP and published in Vanguard. Go back and read it. You will see where a new unique set of numbers was mentioned by the govt spokesman.

Lastly, I never asked them to do nothing. All I asked was that they should NOT issue a new set of identification numbers, and in the process embark on a fresh set of exercises to start getting people to provide their biometric data (i.e. taking of new photographs and capturing fingerprints et al), when they could use already existing data and the National ID Card numbers for whatever purpose they want to achieve. is that so difficult to understand?

I will assume that you are a govt official and that you are speaking for govt, going by the remarks you have made here. This is cyberspace, and a public forum. People are free to express their thoughts and opinions, as long as it is free of rancour, falsehood and abuse. I have done so. If you want an efficient, cost-saving proposal that shows how to achieve the purpose you seek, you can engage my services as a consultant. I do not work for free. I have not see it written anywhere, that it is a crime to criticise govt ideas. So stop getting your knickers in a twist! Just point out in chapter and verse, where I said they should NOT harmonise their database. Go on. Am waiting.

I have not attacked the objective. Stop jumping to conclusions. sad I have only criticized the issuance of the so-called new 'unique identification numbers', which would be given to individuals when the harmonisation is completed. These are 'numbers' that the govt spokesman has said would provide 'benefits.' He never stated what the benefits were, or how they would accrue to the owners of those numbers. I was not aware that I had to provide my input as a least-cost suggestion, least of all to you. How amusing! So stating that already existing National ID card numbers should be used, instead of raising new ones from scratch, or duplicating efforts to get new ones, is not a least-cost solution? My, oh my! shocked

It is unclear why you are getting so offended. If you want to list the 'gains' kindly go ahead. Stop attacking the viewpoints of others, simply because they do not align with your own perspective. undecided

Oh, so you agree that successive govts have been inefficient? Then why are we having this conversation? Or do you simply believe that this govt is infallible? Kindly let us know. Nobody is condemning a meaningful effort, so please keep your hair on. What is being advocated, is that previous efforts with respect to issuance of identification numbers, should not be duplicated. Must we keep going round in circles?

You now ended by saying: "table your suggestion as a way of bringing success and I will identify with that." I beg let me laugh very well, before I continue. grin Who made you judge, jury and approving authority on this thread? You have made your comments, and I have made mine. Clearly. It is left for the public to read and draw their own conclusions. Who cares if you identify with my comments or not? If you find my responses so offensive, please walk past and ignore them. It is a free world. cheesy

I am not a government official dude, just doing my civic duties of informing thick-skulled brothers like you. Now I see you are a consultant in need of a job or more jobs... I am sure they can use your services.

Let me remind you in case all that has been lost in your rigmarole...

"The Federal Government has directed all agencies capturing the biometrics of Nigerians to urgently aggregate their records so as to provide a unique identity for each citizen..."

The above is the crux of the matter. It is not about numbers... which is giving you a hard on. How else will I say that for you to understand. If you have nothing positive to contribute (except they pay for it) why do we even bother? I handed you a lifeline in my last post but you are still keen on the little things. Enjoy!
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
DelGardo:
I am not a government official dude, just doing my civic duties of informing thick-skulled brothers like you. Now I see you are a consultant in need of a job or more jobs... I am sure they can use your services.

Let me remind you in case all that has been lost in your rigmarole...

"The Federal Government has directed all agencies capturing the biometrics of Nigerians to urgently aggregate their records so as to provide a unique identity for each citizen..."

The above is the crux of the matter. It is not about numbers... which is giving you a hard on. How else will I say that for you to understand. If you have nothing positive to contribute (except they pay for it) why do we even bother? I handed you a lifeline in my last post but you are still keen on the little things. Enjoy!

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You should educate yourself properly before jumping to conclusions. You read the first paragraph, but didn't read the last one.

Obviously you omitted this part where he said: "......all the agencies that are in charge of capturing biometrics are expected to aggregate all the data bases and subsequently give every Nigerian and legally resident persons a unique identification.
The director general said such unique identification number would allow every person to have a single identity and can be easily traced.
“The number will also make it easy for government to reach the citizen with certain benefits that would soon be provided.

“Through the identification number, everyone will get his/her own share’’, Aziz added.

Go back and read it very well, as everyone can now see that you are the one with a thick skull. undecided As for being a consultant, it seems to upset you, that I am one. Why?? I have never worked for govt, and neither do I intend to do so, now or in the nearest future. There is enough work in my field to keep me happy. And no, I don't need to be paid to make my contributions in this thread. I have already made them, but you refused to see them because they didn't fit into your mindset.

My previous comment in that last post was meant to be sarcastic, but I guess you could not discern it. Enjoy! wink

emamos:
The Federal Government has directed all agencies capturing the biometrics of Nigerians to urgently aggregate their records so as to provide a unique identity for each citizen.
Director General of the National Identity Management Commission, Alhaji Aliyu Aziz, disclosed this to State House Correspondents after a meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday.
He said that the vice president gave the presidential marching order at the meeting.
According to Aziz, all the agencies that are in charge of capturing biometrics are expected to aggregate all the data bases and subsequently give every Nigerian and legally resident persons a unique identification.
The director general said such unique identification number would allow every person to have a single identity and can be easily traced.
“The number will also make it easy for government to reach the citizen with certain benefits that would soon be provided.
“Through the identification number, everyone will get his/her own share’’, Aziz added.
(NAN)​
lalasticlala
http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/22/fg-orders-issuance-of-single-identification-numbers-for-citizens/
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Akainzo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You should educate yourself properly before jumping to conclusions. You read the first paragraph, but didn't read the last one.

Obviously you omitted this part where he said: "......all the agencies that are in charge of capturing biometrics are expected to aggregate all the data bases and subsequently give every Nigerian and legally resident persons a unique identification.

Go back and read it very well, as everyone can now see that you are the one with a thick skull. undecided As for being a consultant, it seems to upset you, that I am one. Why?? I have never worked for govt, and neither do I intend to do so, now or in the nearest future. There is enough work in my field to keep me happy. And no, I don't need to be paid to make my contributions in this thread. I have already made them, but you refused to see them because they didn't fit into your mindset.

My previous comment in that last post was meant to be sarcastic, but I guess you could not discern it. Enjoy! wink

Bros, stop gallivanting and just learn to read! The statement said "All Nigerians will have a unique identification" , nowhere does it say that "Unique Identification" would be a NEW number or that it wont be derived from the conventions adopted by the National Identity Management System.

Also, even if the process leads to a completely new set of codes for uniquely identifying Nigerians, the main objective would have been achieved, which is to put a stop to multiple registrations (biometric, or not) and adopt a single identifier.
Why it is taking you this very long to comprehend this is truly baffling.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by DelGardo: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tequilah:

I see you are educated but why is it hard for you to cut through the words and pick out what is key in that report. If you like read the entire Nairaland on this one, my question remains - what is the crux of the matter as reported?

Once again it is about harmonization of data, so that government can reach out to the right people with their direct payment policies and the like. Your own is about numbering, which is basically a small part of the endeavour. I am sorry to say that you blew it out of proportion in your initial response... just look at the number of people who have questioned your intelligence per that initial post.

You can carry on with your opinion though... just don't pass it off as the overriding issue.

I don tire.
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
DelGardo:
I see you are educated but why is it hard for you to cut through the words and pick out what is key in that report. If you like read the entire Nairaland on this one, my question remains - what is the crux of the matter as reported?

Once again it is about harmonization of data, so that government can reach out to the right people with their direct payment policies and the like. Your own is about numbering, which is basically a small part of the endeavour. I am sorry to say that you have blew it out of proportion in your initial response... just look at the number of people who have questioned your intelligence per that initial post.

You can carry on with your opinion though... just don't pass it off as the overriding issue.

I don tire.

Eeyah! You like going round in circles, sha... It is amazing how different people can read the exact same article, and see different things in it.

Has anyone disputed the fact that this exercise the govt is about to carry out has to do with the harmonisation of data?
No! Nobody has a problem with that, least of all me! shocked

The only area of concern to me, was their need to now issue unique identification numbers after the exercise. That was what aroused my interest, and I made my contributions in that regard. undecided Is that an offence?

A few people responded to those comments, and I clarified issues which they did not feel comfortable with. That is what this kind of thread is meant for. You are the one that still keeps finding fault with my responses, despite all I have stated here.

There was no place, where I criticised the harmonisation of the databases. All I took an exception to, was the issuance of new unique identification numbers. Why does that upset you so much? Are you saying it should have been swept under the carpet?
Re: FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens by Tequilah: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Akainzo:
Bros, stop gallivanting and just learn to read! The statement said "All Nigerians will have a unique identification" , nowhere does it say that "Unique Identification" would be a NEW number or that it wont be derived from the conventions adopted by the National Identity Management System.

Also, even if the process leads to a completely new set of codes for uniquely identifying Nigerians, the main objective would have been achieved, which is to put a stop to multiple registrations (biometric, or not) and adopt a single identifier.
Why it is taking you this very long to comprehend this is truly baffling.

Guy, e be like say I go borrow you my contact lens, make you take am take read this thing again. Can't you see where the OP cited the Vanguard article? Go back to this part, where the unique identification number was mentioned:
emamos:
The Federal Government has directed all agencies capturing the biometrics of Nigerians to urgently aggregate their records so as to provide a unique identity for each citizen.
Director General of the National Identity Management Commission, Alhaji Aliyu Aziz, disclosed this to State House Correspondents after a meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday.
He said that the vice president gave the presidential marching order at the meeting.
According to Aziz, all the agencies that are in charge of capturing biometrics are expected to aggregate all the data bases and subsequently give every Nigerian and legally resident persons a unique identification.
“Through the identification number, everyone will get his/her own share’’
Aziz added. (NAN)​
lalasticlala
http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/22/fg-orders-issuance-of-single-identification-numbers-for-citizens/

Did the govt official say anything about using an old or already existing identification number to achieve their purpose? Did they also say it would NOT be a new number, or that it would be derived from the conventions adopted by the National Identity Management System? Guy, check am well, o! Look elsewhere for someone to argue with!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orderly Dies As Innocent Barikor Escapes Assassination In Port Harcourt, Rivers / You Are No Better Than The Thugs On The Streets - Dayo Amusa Tells Online Trolls / Presidency Reveals Name Of The Chibok Girl Who Escaped From Boko Haram Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.