Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer (59834 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo / Adeboye Still General Overseer Of RCCG, But Stepped Down As Nigerian Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by tunde233(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
playerinc:

http://thenationonlineng.net/church-where-oba-of-benin-is-general-overseer/

How do you call such where Bible is not use a Church? Church is simply an assembly of those who are saved by Christ.

1 Like

Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by OMOTADEBAYO: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
If it is not bible based then you don't call it a church.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
PrinceEvolution:
the moat was not built..that moat was done by THE GREAT ARUAN GIANT OF BINI KINGDOM..who legend has it was used to sweeping with palm trees becuz of his size and height ,it was reported he was angry during the invasion and in anger ,he tapped on the ground creating the moats thereby hindering passage of the oyinbos..bini is culturally rich and even so strog dat till today u will still find families/homes with their own gods,churches sharing fences wiv shrines..just mind ur biz..dey mind theirs..many story books we read den in school ,u still find the places intact...e.g the dancinng yam...the story of uloko le eyean..the iroko tree of eyaen is still there and many people still visits it..including me d last time i was i nja i passed tru it cuz it was a day for rites..dat tree has alot of scary stories to itsef..

Aruahan did not construct the moat. Various Oba's did as posted by previous guys.

He was not a king but a Prince who fought the reigning king his younger brother (by some hours) and died while trying to overthrow Oba Esigie.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by psp2pc(m): 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
fratermathy:

Stop saying things you know nothing about! Have you visited the church before? How would you know if God's presence is there?
That church has more reasons to be favoured by God than these modern day Christian merchandises in Nigeria!

help me drill that statement into his skull.
many people don't know the difference between spirituality,religion and doctrine.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by JuanDeDios: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thunderlicious:

It's common sense.
You haven't answered the question. But your view is your view.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by ehix89(m): 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Cybertext:
Na so.... Does he preach with handkerchief covering his mouth??
you dunno anytin,so kwayet...oba of Benin doesnt cover his mouth,its his wives dat does dat
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by psp2pc(m): 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
ourleader:
Good people of NIGERIA, Don't be deceived, GOD can not be mock wink wink [size=8pt][/size] THAT IS THE SHRIN OF BENIN NEVER A CHURCH grin cheesy cheesy

your church is a form of shrine.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by akilo1: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Cult on my mind undecided
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Flooerin(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ops pls kindly investigate and furnish us with the name of the first ohen osa of holy aruosa cathedral. Possible connection.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Easycheddah(m): 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
how una take knw na don go the church before?
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Lordnewton1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
another one of his companies called 'church' grin grin
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by kenoz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Okay
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by psp2pc(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
colonization and religion has made us in Africa not been able to move forward in this technology age.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Cybertext(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
ehix89:
you dunno anytin,so kwayet...oba of Benin doesnt cover his mouth,its his wives dat does dat

Are you sure about dat?? I know for a fact that he doesn't speak in public without covering his mouth.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by joseph1832(m): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
mastengsynergy:
Cultist Centre.
tongue atleast they don't buy arms and ammunition there.

kolnel:
Cool
The new Oni of Ife was caught on camera kneeling in church
Some folks were complaining
Are both not traditional rulers ?
There are traditional rulers, and there are traditional rulers.

sukkot:
erdiauwa ukwapolopolopolopolopolo
You're mouthed!.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by xMrPx(m): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
mastengsynergy:
Cultist Centre.
YOU ARE A FOOL
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by erusen: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
psp2pc:
colonization and religion has made us in Africa not been able to move forward in this technology age.
dont use that as an excuse.they are alot of religion in spain,saudi arabia,germany.italy dubia england,belgium brazil,etc should i continue.Are they not developed countries.And am sure u used that to argue alot.OR DONT U HAVE A GOVERNMENT to develop ur country
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
it's no news,dat church has been there since I cud say d word mummy
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
I dnt knw why it's making news nw,I cnt even determine hw old dat church is,its has always been there just like the palace
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
If there's a church of Satan, then this isn't news.

1 Like

Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Selwin256(m): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]“We don’t use the Bible here. We have our own book. We use the book of Holy Arousa according to the sayings of the ancient belief written by the wise men."
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by UyiIredia(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
PapaBrowne:
The Bini is the tribe with one of the greatest ancestry in Africa.

I passed through the Moat today and I was marveled at what the leadership of the time(probably 300-400 years ago) put together to prevent invaders from reaching the kingdom.

They dug the Moat, a wonderful defense infrastructure without cranes and bulldozers and yet they covered hundreds of kilometers.

Today, our leaders cannot even attempt to think solutions that would protect us from simple armed robbers talkless of building barriers that would protect us from invaders.

I'm doing an amazing study that has been very revealing. I'm drawing up a pathway that would re-energize the Benin people to tap into the greatness that runs in their veins.

Liked.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by dat9jaguy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
At the point where the ball of fire dropped, a huge black stone was found and a place of worship was built there.

A comet comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Cybertext:

Are you sure about dat?? I know for a fact that he doesn't speak in public without covering his mouth.

You've not really seen him speak.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by UyiIredia(m): 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
PapaBrowne:
The Bini is the tribe with one of the greatest ancestry in Africa.

I passed through the Moat today and I was marveled at what the leadership of the time(probably 300-400 years ago) put together to prevent invaders from reaching the kingdom.

They dug the Moat, a wonderful defense infrastructure without cranes and bulldozers and yet they covered hundreds of kilometers.

Today, our leaders cannot even attempt to think solutions that would protect us from simple armed robbers talkless of building barriers that would protect us from invaders.

I'm doing an amazing study that has been very revealing. I'm drawing up a pathway that would re-energize the Benin people to tap into the greatness that runs in their veins.

Liked. Hopefulky I help in that respect.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by psp2pc(m): 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
erusen:
dont use that as an excuse.they are alot of religion in spain,saudi arabia,germany.italy dubia england,belgium brazil,etc should i continue.Are they not developed countries.And am sure u used that to argue alot.OR DONT U HAVE A GOVERNMENT to develop ur country

and tell me are they african nations?
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by erusen: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
psp2pc:

stop dodging the argument,u said religion stops development so i showed religous countries that are developed countries.so clearly ur idea of every of every one being religion-less in order for development is just sentiment.what about the GOVERNMENT of developed countries to african countries and their level of EDUCATION
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by erusen: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
psp2pc:

stop dodging the argument,u said religion stops development so i showed religous countries that are developed countries.so clearly ur idea of every one being religion-less in order for development is just sentiment.what about the GOVERNMENT of developed countries to african countries and their level of EDUCATION
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by chinkelly(m): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
sukkot:
erdiauwa ukwapolopolopolopolopolo

Its Uku akpolo kpolo, Omo noba nedo.
Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Kirigidi(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
fratermathy:
Not enough information. This church has a unique history that must be known by all and sundry. It is the only truly syncretic Christian Church. A combination of ATR and Christianity!

This church is older than most of these new church merchandises in Nigeria! It's a church to visit for its historical place in Benin history. Please, you all should make more research on this landmark of African history.
I had once visited dis historic site (d Holy Aruosa Cathedral) durin one of our fieldworks/research tours while schoolin in UNIBEN. We were allowed to enter d main worship hall of d cathedral. D inner design was just like normal church hall wit pulpit for d preacher. D man who led us into d cathedral educatd us dat d Holy Aruosa was product of early Portuguese missionaries who introduced Christianity to Benin kingdom in d 14th century A.D. Wen d Portuguese left, d Binis who continued wit d church,gradualy mix Christian doctrines wit Bini traditnal beliefs.

3 Likes

Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by usibengate(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2015

Re: Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer by Lightman300(m): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
The head of the Church is Jesus Christ; in essence any church that excludes Jesus Christ is a mere human effort that has no 'utility' before God,and nothing but a charade and an attempt that ends in futility.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / University Of Uyo Student Dies As Reigners Bible Church Collapses (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.