Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. (30106 Views)

Infinix Hot 3 Review & Specifications / Zero 3 Review: Battery, Multitasking, Sensor, Heat And Camera Comparison Tests / Infinix Zero 3 Review - Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
I wrote this review on Naija Tech Arena but I am sharing it on here for those that are interested in the device to read.

I won't post many pictures here, you can follow the link if want to know what's in the box, full specs and view more pictures.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review – First Impression.

What is the phone like? How does it feel in hands?

Sighs! The phone looks like the product of Redmi Note 2 and Meizu Mx5 one night stand.

Anybody seeing it from behind would think it is a metal version of MX5. It has a full metal body, which feels premium. It is 8.65 mm thick and weighs 164 grams so it is a chunky phone.

But on the flip side it’s good to see an all alloy budget witha fingerprint scanner from Xiaomi.

The sensor was perfectly intergrated in to MIUI and once set up, it impressively fast and accurate!

It is from the front of the phone that one can see why it is Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Upgrade. The similarity between this note 3 and the plastic Redmi Note 2 is just too much.

You have a 5.5-inch FHD display with slim bezels and three back-lit buttons on the chin.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review – Performance.

The redmi note 3 is a gamer’s friend.The MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10 processor octa-core clocked at 2.0GHz delivers accordingly. The note 3 pulled 51800 from atutu benchmark(lower than note 2 that scored 54,024) but Note 3 is faster in real life performance.

Navigation and multi-tasking is breezy. No lags nor hiccups at all. Gaming is buttery smooth and the Note 3 is cooler than the Redmi Note 2 in terms of heat dissipation.

I didn’t expect less from a combination of that powerful processor and MiUI v7.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review – OS.

The new redmi note 3 come with MIUI V7 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.

Xiaomi made some changes in MIUI V7 and introduced some new features too. One of the changes is that in the Redmi Note 3, you can no longer access the bootloader and the recovery mode has to be done using the MI PC Suite.

The new features introduced are, MIUI v7 has some background apps restriction which does not allow them to consume RAM and Xiaomi has built a new smart feature in gallery that can recognize faces.

When you snap your baby, friends or pets, the new feature groups all of those pictures neatly in an album. I will explain better in my MIUI V7 review.

Another thing I noticed is that MIUI V7 is well optimized to work with Helio.

There is considerable improvement in speed and power efficiency. I noticed shortened app response times and less app crash.(users of MIUI will understand).

But I am not satisfied with the music player and the inbuilt browser. They're pretty slow, especially the browser.

Are You Interested?

Then head over to ibuygou.com now.

Buy the 16GB here at a reduced price 16GB version and 32GB version

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review – Connectivity and Call Quality.

Redmi Note 3 comes with standard Wi-Fi and dual micro SIM. Both SIM support 4G LTE. I had no problem making calls at all. The sound was clear on my side and the person on the other side heard me clearly.

One thing happened though which I cannot explain, I launched the dialer once and the phone restarted, it could be a bug and it hasn’t happened again since then but I think it worth mentioning.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review – Batter Life.

The battery powering the Redmi Note 3 is a non removable 4000mAh battery. The battery life for a normal user is 2 days with 4-5 hrs on screen time.[speculation] I am a heavy user.

The highest I have recorded is 7 hours on screen time and sometimes 6 depending on what I did with the phone but the over all battery life is impressive.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Tallesty1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review – Conclusion.

Xiaomi redmi note 3 is a worthy upgrade of Redmi Note 2 and the company went an extra mile by throwing a fingerprint scanner on the back for security and faster unlocking.

The build of the phone is topnotch, the 3.5mm audio jack on the top, the USB port on the bottom (and has OTG capability) with the power and volume keys on the right and well placed.

Too bad that xiaomi took away the expandable micro SD slot found in all previous Redmi series and disappointingly placed the speaker grilles at the back, thereby making it difficult to hear the phone ring or music play when it is laying with its back on a flat object.

The music from the speaker is loud and clear and one cannot miss a call in a crowd.

The 5.5 inch, full HD IPS display that translates to around 403 ppi delivers very vibrant and crisp display with the yellow tinge to the image as was seen in some Redmi Note 2.

What I Liked Most.

Amazing performance for the price

Great battery life over 9 hours on screen time and a PCMark work result of over 10 hours.

Bright and vivid 1080p panel looks sharp and has good viewing angles

GPS works well

Audio quality is very decent. Calls, loudspeaker and 3.5mm headphone jack output

1500 single core score in Geekbench 3 is impressive, beats the Snapdragon 810 and my Exynos 7420 (Note 5)

Premium build and specs at a non-premium price.

Available At www.ibuygou.com

One of best and most trusted stores in China. Moreover, I can arrange for a group coupon for those that are interested.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by KuliMart: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
You can get this phone from our store @kulimart.com

See signature text or profile or search for Kulimart on Google.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by drss(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
any phone more than 30k i no dey buy am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by kaspoc: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
ICT Scholarship Program
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by pretydiva(f): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jst hear 2 read comments. Have no business wit d phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by MJAP(m): 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
wink
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by adioolayi(m): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
You didn't tell us the major thing we wanna hear....PRICE...what's the price range

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by kemmary: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
How much
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by MVLOX(m): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Fine phone cha but I just like keep my eye simple......plus country hard

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by henryobinna(m): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice phone it is.

if you still feel bad about phones of Chinese make please Read this http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/12/5-reasons-you-should-buy-a-chinese-android-phone.html 5 Reasons Your Next Phone Should Be Chinese
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Enetim(m): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
It's kul
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Youngzedd(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Best quality & affordable phone of the year.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by henrixx(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Xiaomi.....

Looks like wat Bruce Lee shouts before he starts fighting

9 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by vosquare: 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
I'm currently using d phone... U will love the gold version if u see it smiley.. Dz phone is kiss .. Bought it from initialize

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by KuliMart: 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
kemmary:
How much

adioolayi:
You didn't tell us the major thing we wanna hear....PRICE...what's the price range

donkaz2:
How much is the phone would love it

Rexyl:
Price?

Check our store

See signature text or profile or search for Kulimart on Google.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Kk4(m): 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Clearly, Nigeria is one of the biggest consumers of smart phones. It's a very lucrative industry, funny how FG is not interested in investing in it.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Enetim(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
So i made fp, 2016 wil b my yr of break tru i sense it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by felsunseg(m): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
cool
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Orikinla(m): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Great review. And there are more the OP did not mention.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by eazyjakes(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Which one b dis again?....na wah!

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by zenith4biz(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ziaomi
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by donkaz2(m): 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
How much is the phone would love it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Rexyl(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Price?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Elkrypto(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Currently using this baby cool ... Was hooked up by tyconcepts wink ... She got one of the best customer service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
I currently use the redmi note 2 ..and in the last 7 months the phone has performed beyond expectation.. Everyday seems like I bought it yesterday and people won't just take their eyes off it..for the note 3 I suspect there will be an extended version of it that will include the sd card port .. Keeping my fingers crossed
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by iliyande(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Proud user of letv 1s

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. by zzzzy: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice review

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Current Best Social Media Of Chatting? / Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa / How-to: Download And Upgrade Your Gionee M5 To Marshmallow Android 6.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.