Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP (47523 Views)

Big Fraud In Buhari's 2017 National Budget Exposed...see Shocking Details / Buhari’s Budget A Big Fraud’ – PDP / Buhari’s Budget A Big Fraud’ – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Bobnotrouble: 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
dcitizen:
This is an ambitious budget that is designed for accelerated development however, the budget has some praise, knocks and questions mark remember that budget is the qualitative expression of the government in monetary terms.

How do government intend to borrow to fund the deficit? It will be difficult for the government to raise external loans because of the fast depletion of the foreign exchange reserve which has dampened the confidence of the foreign investor in the ability of the government to serve the debt in the future and internal loans raised may not be sufficient to meet the deficit.

The budget for housing, work and power is insufficient considering the fact that three major sectors that need urgent attentions are combined together and they are key driver of economic growth and development.

I commended the effort of the government to gainfully employ 500,000 teachers across the states . It shows that the government recognise the high level of unemployment in the country.

Government maynot realise so much revenue from other sources such as taxes, import tarrif as the profit realised by most companies across the state are decreasing considering the high cost of running business and the rate of importation is reducing.

I hope the government will implement this ambitious and bold budget to the benefits of all nigerians considering the assumptions upon which the budget was prepared- exchange rates, inflation rate, price of oil barrel in the international market with target sale of 2billion barrel daily and others

I'm optimistic the budget will perform well. Remember, leakages are drastically reduced.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by 247notire(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Leave the messenger and digest the message. Pure truth... All governors are complaining bitterly abt dwindling allocations and even threatened to slash minimum wage... Workers being owed backlog of salaries... 2016 wud be one tough year, God help us sadLeave the messenger and digest the message. Pure truth... All governors are complaining bitterly abt dwindling allocations and even threatened to slash minimum wage... Workers being owed backlog of salaries... 2016 wud be one tough year, God help us
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by onatisi(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
ozoemenafn:
Its really unfortunate that all these APC supporters on naira lander has close their mind to reasoning even when the opposition made a valid point they criticize it.
bros don't get urself worked up. Their eyes will clear very soon .

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by coruso(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
To me borrowing 2+ trillion to fund 300 billion feeding and 5000 stipend program is on called for, no country with vision borrow to fund feeding programme. The truth be told, the program will be a serious drainage pipe for public fund. Secondly, with these kind of welfare plan the government of the day is only encouraging the citizens to give birth to the number of children the can't take care of.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by onatisi(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
coruso:
To me borrowing 2+ trillion to fund 300 billion feeding and 5000 stipend program is on called for, no country with vision borrow to fund feeding programme. The truth be told, the program will be a serious drainage pipe for public fund. Secondly, with these kind of welfare plan the government of the day is only encouraging the citizens to give birth to the number of children the can't take care of.
apc supporters will soon tag you as an enemy of the state for this comment .

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by ihearYou(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
bnovative:
It's even more pathetic that the brainwashed followers don't understand the grave danger this fraud of a budget portend.
Nigeria is doomed!!!
RIP to the future!

RIP to ur own future. EKPA!
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by tachia406: 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Chief Olisa Metuh forgets to point out that in their time crude oil which i the major source of income for the country was sold at $112 per barrel and now its $35. Why rush to query the borrowing and forget the huge benefits that portend from the budget. He should learn to make objective criticisms than these rantings after the shock loss of power to the govt that cares for the poor.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by adelujohn(m): 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
What are we expecting PDP to say before? that the budget is OK?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Rhea(f): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
[size=18pt]PDP is indeed living up to expectations as the opposition. Metuselah is blowing hot and cold like a man recently sent to the asylum. Press statement upon press statement. This is the time to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to revamp PDP. Instead una dey dia dey spew saw dust and cow dung[/size]
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by compujyde: 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by eligibility: 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Buhari(AREGBESOLA) WANTS TO 'OSUN' US(nigeria) *Buhari maka why??

Although common sense is not common.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Cityguy: 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
bnovative:
It's even more pathetic that the brainwashed followers don't understand the grave danger this fraud of a budget portend.
Nigeria is doomed!!!
RIP to the future!
Sentiments wouldn't allow na
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by ascaris(m): 12:17am On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=hassan85 post=41244783]Works, Power and Housing 433.4 billion Naira
Transport 202.0 billion Naira
Interior 53.1 billion Naira
Special Intervention Programs 300 billion Naira
Education 369.6 billion Naira
Defence 294.5 billion Naira
Health 221.7 billion Naira
Ministry of Interior 145.3 billion Naira

Since Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello which government ever took Education and Health as seriously as d APC government?

Honestly, PDP are really sick. Rather Dan learn to keep quiet, dey sprew trash always. well EFCC is coming for all of u. In Buharis voice "where ever Nigerias wealths are hidden, we must get dem no matter wat" so all keep wailing.[/quote

Check previous budgets and you will know how APC have made your brain to think in reverse order.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Bamz(m): 12:54am On Dec 23, 2015
fineguy11:
ignorant is bliss for u and your ilks.the US debt to GDP ratio is 96%,ours is less than 15%i.e simply put,THE COUNTRY WITH THE LARGEST ECONOMY is runned by DEBT. in 2008 millions of americans lost their jobs to the economic crises,what strategy did the US govt used in stimulating the economy?simply put,BAIL OUTS.,which was sourced tru incuring more debts.America today has an external debt of more than 16 trillion dollars which they have used to maintain their their economy since time memorial.summary;when your economy is down,the only medium u can use to stimulate it,is INCREASED SPENDING.if u cant source for fund within your revenue limits,u borrow...please dont comment on threads u knw nothing about because it wld amount to DEFICIT THINKING ON YOUR PART,and potray you as having an IQ tantamount to that of a MILLIPIDE.

kiss

I believe that borrowings would be utilized on infrastructure development, majorly.

The question is, can this government be trusted with borrowed monies?
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 23, 2015
What happened to the federal government share of about 60%?. The matter here is not saving money but was there anytime a concerted effort was made to shift the economy from one product economy. by Dec 2014 the federal government claimed they were borrowing to pay salary and 2/3 of the states are owing workers...meaning that 1/3 of the states were viable as at then. Had the ECA not been shared probably the federal government would have squandered everything and the Pius 1/3 would also have been bearing the brunts of federal government ineptitude. Moreover, why should the federal government consider saving funds for states in the first place (Daddy-Piking relationship)...are thy operating the same budget? even the idea of national minimum wage is sickening
thunderrider:

What we should clamoring for now is sincerity of government.
We should hold our government responsible at all levels
The earlier we stop using double standard the better for us.
Is it not the same set of people we agitated and forced the previous government into sharing funds in ECA now blaming it for squandering it?
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 23, 2015
coruso:
even this kind of budget can make other Africa countries to start sending their citizens to us thinking we have money, this kind of budget can even make dangote increase cement and sugar price, even this kind of budget can make USA start pricing our oil for $10 instead of $30 since they think we have money, this kind of budget can even make boys stop goin to school because they will think the country is too rich, ehn even this kind of budget can make workers ask for increase in minimum wage, it can even make land lords increase house rent, even this kind of budget can make universities to increase tuition, what have we?.... Also this budget can also open up our mining industries and improve our transportation system... It is an ambitious budget that can make the people involved to be more creative and have less to steal...It depends on how you look at it
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by fineguy11(m): 1:10am On Dec 23, 2015
thunderrider:

I'm tempted to agree with you, but a question which I will like you to answer is compared to US, how diversified is our economy not forgetting the fact the US is now the largest exporter of crude oil overtaking Russia and Saudi Arabia
pls go check ur facts,the US is not the largest exporter of crude oil.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by BABANGBALI: 1:20am On Dec 23, 2015
"PMB is like a Boy friend... You'll be angry with him but when he speaks, you just end up loving him all over again..."
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by muhakeem(m): 1:35am On Dec 23, 2015
Kagarko:

Funding the budget is not exclussive of oil revenue.
Pls where do you keep IGR frm customs, banks, CAC, etc

Pls get sense as this gov‘t will
God‘s willing succeed with or without oil money.
As its not business as usual.

New sherrif in town.
some people would just want to see the president fall even when dey know within them that the president has good plan of making the economy bearable for a common man... hatred is a disease ooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by akinsbaba2015: 1:49am On Dec 23, 2015
Hatred is also contagious & highly infectious. PDP failed on its own terms and they were booted out of power, APC will excellently succeed with the unflinching support of the progressives and well meaning Nigerians. Some party spokesman should continue to ridicule themselves till the end of time.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by satmaniac(m): 1:50am On Dec 23, 2015
ehissi:
Sometimes I Laugh when I hear people talk of APC and PDP and leave out the real issues that are the focus of a debate in an annoymous forum line Nairaland.

Don't get me wrong; I see nothing wrong with somebody just supporting Buhari's government in a presidential election just because he likes Buhari, but when I see people harp so much on the PDP/APC affliation; then I feel tempted to ask!

In the midst of all this party bickering; how many people even realise that Buhari was actually a former card carrying member of the PDP?? tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/174931/quit-anpp-ume-ezeoke-tells-buhari

I guess many people - including all the juvenile political critics of the individual parties - don't even know that the only reason he left PDP for ANPP back then, which is still the same reason he left ANPP for CPC which eventually merged with other parties to form APC is because he complained bitterly that at every turn he wasn't made the party flag bearer for presidential elections!

He has always made it clear, in every political party he goes that he wants to rule this country and I believe somehow God has blessed him with that opportunity; from May 29 to December 29 will mark exactly 7 months, by december 29 his government will be 7 months old!!

It is time for the fellow to encourage his members of his kitchen cabinet to shut up and get to work and stop wasting precious time bickering over trivialities that bear no value on the lives of average Nigerians!!

Go back and read the news link u provided in your post. You misunderstood the PDP membership part.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by Oluwaseyi456(m): 3:21am On Dec 23, 2015
D rich dnt wnt d poor shld b lik dem.our money wey dey in d hands of DOKPESI,DASUKI,IWEALA,MADUEKE,MARK nd oders pdp thugs no pass dat
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by howfarwhatagwan: 5:25am On Dec 23, 2015
hahaha PDP it is easy for you to identify since you ran the fraud ring for 16years.... Abeg if you guys don't have any reasonable criticisms then keep quiet. By God's grace this Government will succeed whether you like it or not. Nigerians seem to forget easily but I'm pretty sure we are not extremely foolish..... Grow up and be a wise looser
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by 247Dior(m): 5:52am On Dec 23, 2015
this is why Nigeria will never be great, we youths have failed to rise up and man up.... PDP misruled this country we all know that, does it mean even when they (pdp)are telling us the truth and the evidence is there for us to see and most of us are showing less concern? we're talking about our future here and the hardship we're already in............. I pity this country with tribal politic....
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by ussy09(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2015
Buhari d best president so far. wailers c I don write sometin.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by donodion(m): 6:27am On Dec 23, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Well tested hands like the hands Of Dasuki, Dokpesi, and Deziani Mmadueke??

PDP is just a Useless and Moronic party controlled by touts..

Just Take A look at the Useless faces behind the Moronic party!

They are worse than useless... they are WORTHLESS and HOPELESS !!!

Just read the foul odour rant that thing was blowing on air.

The party and their miscreants in power that willy nilly looted the treasury with impunity.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by wristbangle: 6:34am On Dec 23, 2015
bnovative:

Their sick supporters don't understand this: all they know is sai baba! Borrowing 2 trillion to fund frivolities (welfare) is a grand achievement to them.

When GEJ had it on the platter of gold(110 dollars per barrel), the clueless one allow his spirited corrupt people around to squander our resources, wealth, etc anyhow.

I am not fully in support of this administration but so far they have not spend anyhow just like PDP era.
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by wristbangle: 6:39am On Dec 23, 2015
meforyou1:
I foresee unbearable hunger and poverty in this country before the end of next year

I reject this in Jesus name, amen. It shall be abundance, prosperity and success

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by wristbangle: 6:44am On Dec 23, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
What Akpabio did in AkwaIbom,no Apc gov can do it even when they are combined! Nigerians are already tired with too much talk and propaganda from Apc,the economy is getting worse and people are loosing Jobs.Apc should get to work and stop thinking they are deceiving us with Dasuki and d rest!

He performed more than fashola? Meanwhile I heard it's only flies that are plying those flyovers now. Perhaps in 100years time, people will start thinking of plying it
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by wristbangle: 6:45am On Dec 23, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Stop displaying your low level shilling

How much did PDP paid u that u want to kill yourself for nothing? Easy brother
Re: 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:49am On Dec 23, 2015
wristbangle:

He performed more than fashola? Meanwhile I heard it's only flies that are plying those flyovers now. Perhaps in 100years time, people will start thinking of plying it
Lagos is a federal Capital,how many other Apc states performed? Osun?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wabba Led NLC Suspends Strike / Gbemisola Saraki Campaigns For President Buhari in Kwara (PHOTOS) / Oby Ezekwesili At Police Station, Arrested Along With Other BBOG Members (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.