Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. (17923 Views)

Believe Me, It Will Cost You Less Than #90,000 To ROOF Your Next Building / BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ / Let Us Design Your Next Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2015
McDandy1:
Poster, what I believe everyone is asking is cost per sqm, so that it can be compared with using sandcrete block which is 10No. Blocks=150*10=1500/sqm(excluding mortar) for 9" .And we can be able to compare easily. Sometimes the client that you think is unserious will end up giving more jobs. I check on this property section to check prices and compare alternatives. Also remember that most people are experienced engineers with many years in practices. I respect your views too.

Thank you very much for your post.
The cost of one brick at our factory is #80 (greater than 10,000 bricks attract a reduction, price is negotiable), 40 bricks makes a square meter.

The reason why I had restraints is that someone who sees this price may make his/her estimates and say ooo it is too expensive not putting into consideration cost of sand and cement if you were to set sandcrete blocks whereas in this case no mortar is needed. This cost also is based on certain factors availability of power at least 22/24 hrs electricity in our factory (Osogbo) and price of laterite in our locality if we are to bring our machine to your site and these factors are not the same it will most definitely affect price. If the number of bricks required is high, price might even reduce but the prospective client on making estimate from the price here without putting other things into consideration might just conclude without leaving any chance for clarification and explanation which personal contact affords.

I hope you understand.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by McDandy1: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice response, like you pointed out a lot of other factors drive cost. At your end just try and find a way of reducing cost of production and identify your market target eg Low income earners and see how you can convince them to use your product. I appreciate the risk you are taking
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
McDandy1:
Nice response, like you pointed out a lot of other factors drive cost. At your end just try and find a way of reducing cost of production and identify your market target eg Low income earners and see how you can convince them to use your product. I appreciate the risk you are taking

Thank you for your post sir.

The idea for me was to encourage people to consider this better alternative and if they truly have interest but cost is the constraint, to see how we can both help each other because at the end of the day we also need to make profit, hence my reluctance initially in putting cost info here hoping that when interested people contact me I can give every necessary explanation and clarification but when people start to make "cloak and dagger" insinuations, (not that I was offended), I had no choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Very soon we will be seeing more red bricks building projects around.... So much interest has been shown so far. It gives me great joy. This is a modernised form of our local technology. Let us all embrace it.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by USAutoBuy(m): 3:33am On Jan 12, 2016
Dont forget to keep us posted on the progress of this particular project. i am interested in the red brick house.project
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 12, 2016
I'm started a project that would be perfect for this technology. I'll have to find a local source that is business savvy and won't require me to "grovel" to get information.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 8:51am On Jan 12, 2016
McDandy1:
Poster, what I believe everyone is asking is cost per sqm, so that it can be compared with using sandcrete block which is 10No. Blocks=150*10=1500/sqm(excluding mortar) for 9" .And we can be able to compare easily. Sometimes the client that you think is unserious will end up giving more jobs. I check on this property section to check prices and compare alternatives. Also remember that most people are experienced engineers with many years in practices. I respect your views too.

Cost per brick is #80 and 40 bricks make a square meter. I had explained that here earlier sir.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 8:57am On Jan 12, 2016
USAutoBuy:
Dont forget to keep us posted on the progress of this particular project. i am interested in the red brick house.project

Okay sir.
I will surely do that.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 9:01am On Jan 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm started a project that would be perfect for this technology. I'll have to find a local source that is business savvy and won't require me to "grovel" to get information.

No need to 'grovel' I had given the needed information earlier here, before your post and explained the reasons for the restraint.
If there is any more information you need you can ask, I will do my best to answer.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 1:20am On Jan 25, 2016
Roofing Ongoing... Will show the roofed building as soon as it has been completed!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
Roofing ongoing

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 12:01am On Jan 29, 2016
Godspikin:

Okay sir.
I will surely do that.

I have updated pictures of that particular project and another site in Okuku (Gov. Oyinlola's home town)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 12:05am On Jan 29, 2016
USAutoBuy:

I have updated pictures of that particular project and another site in Okuku (Gov. Oyinlola's home town)

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Tequilah: 2:22am On Jan 29, 2016
Nice!! cool cheesy That building is going to be beautiful by the time it is completed. Keep up the good work!
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by butterflex: 4:17am On Jan 29, 2016
if i send you my plan. will you be able to calculate how many bricks i would need for my building and also can you supply to edo state or would you rathe mould it there. i can be reached here- goodness.obayangbon@outlook.com or whatsapp 00447511864771
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Tequilah:
Nice!! cool cheesy That building is going to be beautiful by the time it is completed. Keep up the good work!

Thank you sir!
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
butterflex:
if i send you my plan. will you be able to calculate how many bricks i would need for my building and also can you supply to edo state or would you rathe mould it there. i can be reached here- goodness.obayangbon@outlook.com or whatsapp 00447511864771

You may not necessarily need to send your plan. If you know the total area to be built, I will give the appropriate estimate of bricks needed. We will rather produce on site.

PS: I will connect with you on whatsapp and we will talk better. I just had to respond here because of others who might have similar questions.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
butterflex:
brother. i want to send you my architectural design for an event centre and wondered if you can give a cost guide as to how many bricks is require for my project and also i would love to know if you can work in Benin City. can these bricks also be used for a storey building i.e 4 block of flats B(2 FLATS up 2 FLATS DOWN) with 3 bedrooms each.

please send me an email and i shall reply you with my floor plans.

I have not gotten your mail all this while bro. You may add me on whatsapp for more effective communication 07039027418. I look forward to your response.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by olaide721(m): 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Godspikin:

I have not gotten your mail all this while bro. You may add me on whatsapp for more effective communication 07039027418. I look forward to your response.
this ur brick will be plastered both in and out right? Cos there is no design on it @ all like this one and I also notice u use cement all through the setting check this one out

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 6:08am On Jan 30, 2016
olaide721:
this ur brick will be plastered both in and out right? Cos there is no design on it @ all like this one and I also notice u use cement all through the setting check this one out

They are different from each other ours is interlocking while yours obviously isn't, though it's also red brick. I didnt get the part where you said we used cement all through. Ours doesn't need mortar and it clearly shows in all the pictures I posted, that doesn't mean cement is not used at all in the building. About the design, this is what we have to offer, I think you should create a thread to promote your own too so people can have options.
We have options for finishing for both interior and exterior. We offer varnishing, plastering and screeding. The choice is our client's to make.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 6:14am On Jan 30, 2016
olaide721:

Cement is not used "all through" the setting. Maybe you should take a second look at the pictures I posted.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by olaide721(m): 7:46am On Jan 30, 2016
Godspikin:

They are different from each other ours is interlocking while yours obviously isn't, though it's also red brick. I didnt get the part where you said we used cement all through. Ours doesn't need mortar and it clearly shows in all the pictures I posted, that doesn't mean cement is not used at all in the building. About the design, this is what we have to offer, I think you should create a thread to promote your own too so people can have options.
We have options for finishing for both interior and exterior. We offer varnishing, plastering and screeding. The choice is our client's to make.
mr I don't think in post above I said am into same job u do I just make observations of what I see mind u i stand corrected ur job is secured and I just show u a particular job from my family that I supervised that's all nobody is down grading ur job ok? Less I 4get u said urs is interlocking then its just simple as ABC cos I posted there the real red bricks just in case u can get something from what I posted no need for u to tell me to create thread I knw what to do if I want to do this business
Thanks
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 10:22am On Jan 30, 2016
olaide721:
mr I don't think in post above I said am into same job u do I just make observations of what I see mind u i stand corrected ur job is secured and I just show u a particular job from my family that I supervised that's all nobody is down grading ur job ok? Less I 4get u said urs is interlocking then its just simple as ABC cos I posted there the real red bricks just in case u can get something from what I posted no need for u to tell me to create thread I knw what to do if I want to do this business
Thanks

Don't be offended.
I might have misinterpreted your motives.
Thanks for the contribution.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Tequilah: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
Dexmars:
Another question what happens to electrical and mechanical.

Conduit wiring, plumbing...etc

Good question! cheesy This thought crossed my mind too. Godspikin, how will the conduit pipes, plumbing and wiring be installed after the bricks are set up? Do you have pictures of such stages of the project where conduit pipes have been laid?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by whirlwind7(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
Tequilah:

Good question! cheesy This thought crossed my mind too. Godspikin, how will the conduit pipes, plumbing and wiring be installed after the bricks are set up? Do you have pictures of such stages of the project where conduit pipes have been laid?

I have asked him this question on a similar thread.
The answer: You cannot do conduit wiring and plumbing with this brick. It has to be surface, because these bricks cannot be hollowed out like conventional sandcrete blocks.
Another way to make conduit possible is by combination of these earth bricks with hollow blocks. I am thinking about going this route.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by USAutoBuy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
whirlwind7:

I have asked him this question on a similar thread.
The answer: You cannot do conduit wiring and plumbing with this brick. It has to be surface, because these bricks cannot be hollowed out like conventional sandcrete blocks.
Another way to make conduit possible is by combination of these earth bricks with hollow blocks. I am thinking about going this route.

Surface wiring but will be in a galvanized pipe. If done properly, it looks really great
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by holy50: 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
Godspikin Greetings,
i just acquired an half plot of land. and i really love this red bricks.
i would love to know know how many bricks needed for 5 rooms duplex.
this is my first time owning a landed property. please i need your help on how to go from here.
thanks
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 12:21am On Feb 24, 2016
holy50:
Godspikin Greetings,
i just acquired an half plot of land. and i really love this red bricks.
i would love to know know how many bricks needed for 5 rooms duplex.
this is my first time owning a landed property. please i need your help on how to go from here.
thanks

No problem sir. We will do our best to bring your dreams to reality.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
This has gone beyond global warming.... We are gradually moving towards global frying....

A red-bricks building which is more thermally efficient as compared to a building built with sandcrete blocks will help reduce the effects of this extreme heat being felt these days...
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is the appropriate building technology suitable for our climate.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by mufutau55(m): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Godspikin:
This is the appropriate building technology suitable for our climate.

Oga... Please if possible may be you can post a finished house showing us the way wiring and plumbing was done...
I will surely appreciate that... this is a very good alternatives...

Hajji M.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thank you sir!

We have been doing surface plumbing and wiring mostly before now. We are advancing and growing. There is a machine that that can allow us make hollow bricks for the plumbing and wiring sections... Which we soon hope to get.

However in the interim.... The white space close to the edge of dis building above is a duct for plumbing pipes.

For the wiring we can do conduit if you will have the interior plastered....
How we do it... There is a cutting machine used by tilers... It can be used to cut the bricks and seal it up with mortar before plastering, the pipes would before then had been passed through concrete works...
If on the other hand client wants to maintain a red brick interior (not plastered) we can only do surface wiring but neatly done with cable trunks.

For images of such on completed buildings, we are starting a project ending of next month or early April by God's grace... I will put the pictures of everything from scratch to finish here...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Platinum Regal Estate (near Isheri North) Still On Sales (with Picture Gallery) / Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra / Affordable 666sqm,702sqm,1700sqm Land At Pearl Garden Estate Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.