Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra (17932 Views)

Construction Diary: The 4 Bedroom Manor In Ibadan / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Construction Diary: The Block Of Flats At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2015
this thread is to document the construction of six units of three bedrooms flats at nkwelle ezunaka,anambra state.
contractor: greenermodels design and build limited
building type: six units of three bedroom flats

2 Likes

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by mufutau55(m): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Following...

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
mufutau55:
Following...
Hajji M.
chairman, you're welcome.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by twinskenny(m): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Following.. Good luck
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
twinskenny:
Following.. Good luck
thanks bro, more pictures coming soon.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
Foundation depth is 1 metre (3ft). the excavation took us more than a week due to the highly stone nature of the terrain, we eventually employed some local women and their children to sieve the sand for smaller stones which is been used as gravel while they pack the larger sized stones on an adjoining plot and hand break it every Saturday for gravel.

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
more foundation excavation pics

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by Dieumerci(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Following
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
foundation walls,the internal walls are four blocks high while the external walls are three blocks high, the fourth block on the external walls is a 9"x9" beam used to tie all the pillars on the external walls, it's shown on the pics.

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
merry Christmas to you all from greenermodels design and build limited.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by johnson232: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenermodels:
same to u architect.
nice job...
what size of rods did u use for the ground beam?
are u going to add to the four coach before casting dpc?
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by smiley001(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Following
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by twinskenny(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenermodels:

compliment of the season boss.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
johnson232:

same to u architect.
nice job...
what size of rods did u use for the ground beam?
are u going to add to the four coach before casting dpc?
16mm sized rods was used for the ground beam. we won't add more blocks before casting the German floor because the height above ground is okay as can be seen from the pictures, any more blockwork on top would necessitate building small steps in front of the house which is not desirable to us.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by johnson232: 11:00am On Dec 25, 2015
greenermodels:
16mm sized rods was used for the ground beam. we won't add more blocks before casting the German floor because the height above ground is okay as can be seen from the pictures, any more blockwork on top would necessitate building small steps in front of the house which is not desirable to us.
impressive...
what abt the rings and rods sizes for the pillars?
thanks.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by soluution(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
Following ...............

Soluution
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
johnson232:
impressive... what abt the rings and rods sizes for the pillars? thanks.
16mm for pillars while the rings are 8mm.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by johnson232: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
greenermodels:
16mm for pillars while the rings are 8mm.
that means u are going to cast the dpc on top of the ground beam?
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
johnson232:
that means u are going to cast the dpc on top of the ground beam?
yes.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
this project is currently ongoing and we will be continuing it's documentation here, please be on the lookout.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by twinskenny(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
greenermodels:
this project is currently ongoing and we will be continuing it's documentation here, please be on the lookout.
great welcome back sir
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
we're back, this project is currently been plastered (rendered) but we will try our best to upload the progress pictures in an orderly manner.

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
more on the watering of the foundation and construction of the oversite concrete. more to come as i organise my files.

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2016
block work going up

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2016
more, i wuld try to race the thread to the current level of work so i can be updating the thread on real time basis with more details

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
more

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by bebe2(f): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
hi,
would u be updating us on price?
am about to do same thing in lagos, my contractor has quoted 1.1m including filling.

do u think this is reasonable? mine is 3flat of 2bedroom on a dry land.
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by Pavore9: 6:21am On Nov 09, 2016
Looking good.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by greenermodels: 6:23am On Nov 09, 2016
bebe2:
hi,
would u be updating us on price?
am about to do same thing in lagos, my contractor has quoted 1.1m including filling.

do u think this is reasonable? mine is 3flat of 2bedroom on a dry land.

it would be quite inappropriate for me to tell you yes or no to whether the estimate is reasonable or not since i have not seen the site, the floor plan or have any idea about prevailing costs of labour and materials there, all i can tell you is don't trust anybody even your own blood siblings, we normally request the client to go to the market him or herself, haggle prices with artisans or even recruit any. in other words, to get involved as much as possible unless where it's impossible to do so. ask your contractor to give you a breakdown of the quoted cost so that you can manage everything on unit basis.you can launch a thread here on nairaland and we will give you our best possible advise.

11 Likes

Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by Myself2(m): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2016
Hmmmmm can we see pages of the approved structural design to compare it with the beam and column reinforcement you used,especially at the ground floor ?
Re: Construction Diary Of Six Units Of Three Bedroom Flats At Anambra by slimmax: 6:25am On Nov 09, 2016
Nice work

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Difference In Self Block Moulding And Buying Vaibrated Blocks / Affordable 666sqm,702sqm,1700sqm Land At Pearl Garden Estate Ajah / See What The New Lagos Tenancy Law Says. Full Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.