Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Tattoo On The Body Is Evil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoo On The Body Is Evil (9963 Views)

Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Bishop Oyedepo Is Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2012
Those of you with tattoos on your body, pls note that it is evil before God. The Bible says your body does not belong to you and thus you must not do anything to tarnish it. So it is evil to do anything that damages your body such as tattooing, smoking, drinking too much, etc.

Leviticus 19:28
New International Version (NIV)
28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the
dead or put tattoo marks on
yourselves. I am the LORD.

Also, I know most people don't know that tattooing has its history in paganism. People just adopt cultures and lifestyles without asking questions. Below is a text from the history of tattooing:

"In 1891, archaeologists discovered
the mummified remains of amunet, a
priestess of the goddess hathor, at
thebes who lived some time between
2160 BC and 1994 BC.
This female mummy displayed several
lines and dots tattooed about her
body - grouping dots and/ or dashes
were aligned into abstract geometric
patterns. This art form was restricted
to women only, and usually these
women were associated with ritualistic
practice.
The Egyptians spread the practice of
tattooing throughout the world."

www.designboom.com/history/
tattoo_history.html

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
If you do not like tatoos, smoking or drinking, why don't you just say so instead of creating new commandments for God?

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
musKeeto:

If you do not like tatoos, smoking or drinking, why don't you just say so instead of creating new commandments for God?

My dear I did not write the Bible so they aint my commandments.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
And where exactly in the Bible are these commandments found? No verses to prove your point? Or are these new commandments only in your Bible?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2012
musKeeto:

And where exactly in the Bible are these commandments found? No verses to prove your point? Or are these new commandments only in your Bible?
leviticus 19:28
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 04, 2012
jacobscros:

leviticus 19:28
If you do not observe these other laws, then it's fair to say you hate tattoos naturally and would like to use a 'divine order' to justify that hatred.

Levticus 19
v.19
Keep my decrees.
Do not mate different kinds of animals.
Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

v.27
Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

2 Likes

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by jamace(m): 8:35am On Feb 04, 2012
@Fxkking2012

Your attention is needed here badly:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849246.1312.html

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 9:53am On Feb 04, 2012
musKeeto:

If you do not observe these other laws, then it's fair to say you hate tattoos naturally and would like to use a 'divine order' to justify that hatred.

Levticus 19
v.19
v.27

Those are laws of Moses and they do not apply to us becos we are not under the law but under grace. But the one about not damaging your body in anyway still apply to us becos it is in the new testament that our body is not ours and we must keep it right.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2012
jamace:

@Fxkking2012

Your attention is needed here badly:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849246.1312.html

grin grin

On my way there to see watz up.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Jenwitemi(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2012
And what if a christian "damages" his/her body with a Jesus tattoo? Will he/she still go to hell, or would that be an exception?
FXKing2012:

Those are laws of Moses and they do not apply to us becos we are not under the law but under grace. But the one about not damaging your body in anyway still apply to us becos it is in the new testament that our body is not ours and we must keep it right.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2012
Jenwitemi:

And what if a christian "damages" his/her body with a Jesus tattoo? Will he/she still go to hell, or would that be an exception?

If you kill in the name of Jesus, does that make it right? The Bible says dont kill, so dont kill. The Bible says dont damage ur body, so dont damage ur body. Simple and clear!

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by TerryCarr(m): 5:03am On Jan 08, 2013
the tattoo been around way before the bible and how is art evil it is not doing nothing grin
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by jaydude(f): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2013
If u say tatoo is a sin/evil, that means tribal marks is sin/ evil because they are also markings on d body
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Kay17: 6:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Alsp considering that the anti tattoo law was Mosiac law. Which says much about the Christian God's mind
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2013
jaydude: If u say tatoo is a sin/evil, that means tribal marks is sin/ evil because they are also markings on d body

Tribal mark is evil/sin cos it damages your body which the Bible warns against.

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by TerryCarr(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

it predates the bible tongue

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by paulpromise: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2013
Christians especially Heavenly conscious ones should do away with Tatoo.

God hates it.

Please read Leveticus 19:28

Thank you.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2013
TerryCarr:
it predates the bible tongue

yes, but so does murder. Now does that stop murder from being a sin?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

yes, but so does murder. Now does that stop murder from being a sin?
Murder and tatoo na d same thing?
ure still f**kedupking... this is 2013 man...

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

I have tribal marks. my parents have tribal marks. my grandparents have tribal marks. the kids have tribal marks. I will disown anyone in my family that doesnt have tribal marks.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I have tribal marks. my parents have tribal marks. my grandparents have tribal marks. the kids have tribal marks. I will disown anyone in my family that doesnt have tribal marks.

That's why you are a pagan dear.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 9:57am On Jan 09, 2013
musKeeto:
Murder and tatoo na d same thing?
ure still f**kedupking... this is 2013 man...

You are entitled to your opinion bro, stay blessed and atheism leads to hell.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by BeingAkorede(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Only God can forgive sins, no matter what God forgives....lets not judge ourselves but seek forgiveness.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by 2good(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012: Those of you with tattoos on your body, pls note that it is evil and could land you in hell. The Bible says your body does not belong to you and thus you must not do anything to tarnish it. So it is evil to do anything that damages your body such as tattooing, smoking, drinking too much, etc.

Is it not thesame body that will decay when you die? You religious people are really too funny.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

Is it not thesame body that will decay when you die? You religious people are really too funny.

Yes it's that same body you use to commit all forms of sins that decays becos the body is meant to function only here in the world. What you do with that body before it dies and decays is what you are gonna give account of in the afterlife. And there is nothing funny about that, trust me.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by 2good(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

Yes it's that same body you use to commit all forms of sins that decays becos the body is meant to function only here in the world. What you do with that body before it dies and decays is what you are gonna give account of in the afterlife. And there is nothing funny about that, trust me.

How can I trust an ignorant person who rant all the time without giving an evidence for his claims besides some ancient book he quotes all the time. Its really funny bro.

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

How can I trust an ignorant person who rant all the time without giving an evidence for his claims besides some ancient book he quotes all the time. Its really funny bro.

[b]The ignorant one is calling another ignorant (lol). Spiritual food is not meant for those outside the kingdom; how can you understand spiritual matters when u are not in the kingdom.

Luke 8:10 - He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

Mat 13:10. And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"

11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

12 "For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;

15 for the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.'

16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by 2good(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

[b]The ignorant one is calling another ignorant (lol). Spiritual food is not meant for those outside the kingdom; how can you understand spiritual matters when u are not in the kingdom.

Luke 8:10 - He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

Mat 13:10. And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"

11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

12 "For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;

15 for the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.'

16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;[/b]

Not again. Can you try and use your head to reason rather than quoting from ancient text?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

Not again. Can you try and use your head to reason rather than quoting from ancient text?

The Holy Bible is the book of wisdom, and reasoning outside the Bible can only be f00lish.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by 2good(m): 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

The Holy Bible is the book of wisdom, and reasoning outside the Bible can only be f00lish.

Just like this senseless foolish passages from the bible:

1. Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

2. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

3. Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

4. Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

5. Deuteronomy 20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

6. Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.

7. Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

8. Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

9. 1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

10. Leviticus 25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Why are u doing this to yourself? You are displaying your folly dear, pls stop it! You have shown yourself lacking in spiritual matters, how do you expect to understand the words of the Bible. To you those Bible verses are f00lish and senseless because you simply dont have the spiritual standing to understand the words of the Bible. I really wish to help your case but. . .
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by 2good(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012: Why are u doing this to yourself? You are displaying your folly dear, pls stop it! You have shown yourself lacking in spiritual matters, how do you expect to understand the words of the Bible. To you those Bible verses are f00lish and senseless because you simply dont have the spiritual standing to understand the words of the Bible. I really wish to help your case but. . .

Would you stop blabbing nonsense and explain what each of those bible verses means? If you cant explain them, then just shut up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? / Mothering Sunday: Today Is Mother's Day, Celebrate Your Mom! / Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.