Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary (9942 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Has No Means Of Livelihood - Army. / Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Stolen: 7:13am On Dec 24, 2015
Buhari is that Paedophile and Terrorist. They are illegally holding Namdi Kanu and disobeying court order. They demolish Shiite leader house and mosque illegally without court order.

Murdered over 300 shiite muslim buried in shallow grave and left on the street. They murder peaceful unarmed protesters in Onitsha. They are only holding Nnamdi to continue murdering unarmed protesters.

It is clear that this is a boko haram government with total disregard for rule of law just like the Islamic state.

Thank God Hussien Obama tenure ends this 2016. No black or muslim should ever be allowed to rule America again.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by viczing(m): 7:51am On Dec 24, 2015
Tolatutu:

@TonyeBarcanista could you please do a thread helping to explain court order because it's clear that many don't understand. They seem to think that makes him immune to getting charged for another offense. That court order was only relating to those charges brought to that court and in no way stops the DSS from charging him for other offenses which is what they've done. I would love to hear you break it down

You are wrong man... u got it all wrong... 1st the dss held him above 30 days without filing a case against him which is against the law then two competent courts granted him to leave unconditionally... why wasn't all this case filled when he was with them till the court acquitted him huh Why will tonyebarcanista a biafra hater interpret court other for you when it's glaring... he's a human like who browse on line he's not a lawyer so do the same thing he will do and use your google... I see his comment here and I can deduce that he supports the detention cos of his biafra hatred... the dss should have allowed him to go and file another case not still withholding him after his dismissal.. if the courts are disobeyed then we are doomed cos that's the only place we can get justice

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by viczing(m): 7:56am On Dec 24, 2015
Gayigaskia:

Judge gave order another judge counter it, lets see who needs to go back to school. By the way i' am always learning i do't know about you arrogant

Stop disgracing yourself online which judge countered another judge?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by yomexp(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2015
mrphysics:

And if the Fig/Dss commits any offense like disobeying court order? who do u arrest?

I have repeatedly say this "the constitution is too weak to protect the common man"
which court order have they disobeyed.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 24, 2015
yomexp:
which court order have they disobeyed.

actually 5 court orders.

1. Bail term granted and fulfilled by Magistrate court
2. Order from Mag Court to produce the detainee
3. 2nd Order from the same court
4. Another court order demanding they must release who was granted bail
5. Unconditional release order after they filed for "terrorism and financing terrorism" charges.

Remember the last order came after they filed for terrorism charge, after looking at the whole case, the judge ordered for his release.
It was as if the DSS knew they would lose the terrorism charges brought against him, they went and made mess of it and it got quashed.

Broh, all these abracadabra is to intimidate him to sign the document. There is no evidence of treasonable felony anywhere, so why adding that he intends to break out some parts of the country to form Biafra, is that not what universally recognized charter on "Self-Determination" entails?
Those people should stop wasting out time. Nnamdi Kanu is under oath, he and every IPOB member, even the ones charged alongside with him, they will never sign any document.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by pacino26(m): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2015
NormalCodes:

actually 5 court orders.

5. Unconditional release order after they filed for "terrorism and financing terrorism" charges.

Remember the last order came after they filed for terrorism charge, after looking at the whole case, the judge ordered for his release.
It was as if the DSS knew they would lose the terrorism charges brought against him, they went and made mess of it and it got quashed.

Broh, all these abracadabra is to intimidate him to sign the document. There is no evidence of treasonable felony anywhere, so why adding that he intends to break out some parts of the country to form Biafra, is that not what universally recognized charter on "Self-Determination" entails?
Those people should stop wasting out time. Nnamdi Kanu is under oath, he and every IPOB member, even the ones charged alongside with him, they will never sign any document.

My brother I tire for the secret police o. Funny I can't remember any case won by our law enforcement agents in court. The case of Kabiru Sokoto went south, the young man even sued them for damages. They are only good at extra judicial killings.

Clowns

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by yomexp(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2015
NormalCodes:

actually 5 court orders.

1. He was granted bail in magistrate court but remanded in prison pending when he fulfill all the terms of bail which he didn't until the sss withdrew the charges.
2. meanwhile while kanu was perfecting his bail the sss got an order from high court for them to detain him for another 90 days. even though the court later vacated its own order an said he should be freed unconditionally

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195332-biafra-court-orders-sss-to-immediately-release-nnamdi-kanu.html

Mr. Obeta had approached the court with an application for the bail of his client, after the court gave the SSS permission to detain Mr. Kanu for another 90 days.

At a previous hearing, Mr. Obeta told the court that Mr. Kanu had already been held for 80 days, since his arrest by the SSS.

3. However the sss slammed another charge immediate on him in the same high court bothering on treasonable felony to which he has to apply for another bail ( i don't think this his bailable )

so my friend like i said earlier if u commit 50 offences the prosecutor is at liberty to charge u 50 times at 50 different courts ( provided they have jurisdiction ) and you will have to apply for bail 50 different times while in custody.

as for whatever document your u are
referring to i have no idea of what you are talking about .

what oath? what has oath got to do with any of these?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Vulu: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2015
CharlesPhc:

I personally feel Nnamdi Kanu has just set a new precedence in the Nigerian Judiciary with this landmark admittance from the judge.

With the statement from the judge, Kanu's lawyers can go ahead to file for contempt of Court against the DG of the DSS otherwise, anyone arraigned by the DSS may follow suite and claim lack of confidence in trial.

The DG of DSS should now immediately tender his resignation letter otherwise he must be invited to the NASS to explain on whose order he is acting in disobedience to a competent court order.

If he fails to do so, then it becomes an indictment (which could also be an impeachable offence) against the President and C-in-C of the FRN who would prefer to look the other way while his appointee keep daring the judiciary....!!!

What kanu actually told them is to stop wasting Judicial hours and taxpayers funds on judicial jamborees whose outcome won't be respected by all parties citing previous judgements and their lack of execution therewith. In plain english he simple told them that; "When the DSS is fully ready to obey the judiciary we can have a judicial excercise till then i'm not in a hurry to leave"

Nnamdi kanu 3 : 0 Lawal Daura

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Vulu: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
His case will be reassigned to another judge

Who will run away from it like the others. cheesy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Vulu: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, there is always loopholes in law. He's standing trial for treason, which is not a bailable offence. The DSS are exploiting legal loopholes. Trust me boss, the case isn't so straight forward.

Point to one of the loopholes they are currently exploiting.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Vulu: 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
ODUBEZE:

It's okay. It will also be in history and on record that PMB held the court the contempt! he never respected the rule of law he expected every Nigerians to obey!
History will never forget. Mark my words it will be used against him tomorrow!

Not only him, his children. Ask Abacha's children what they are currently facing due to their father's record of infamy.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Vulu: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
yomexp:
Nnamdi Kanu Solicited Guns To Fight Nigeria At World Igbo Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPQOPEH-0Y&sns=em

This is all the DSS needs to show the court and the abino is a toast. this is treason.

You guys have been saying the same for months. We also record of Buhari threatening to draw the blood nigerians and asking his followers to spear nigerians to death which they carried in the post-election violence. The question is- why haven't your DSS gotten their conviction with this your SUPER-EVIDENCE months later?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by daveP(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
One of those rare moments where the integrity of the court is in contrast with the presidency.

Well it seems 'Integrity' is tired of swimming in the plough of despondency, miry clay. Smh.

This smells like dictatorship in disguise. Whatever judgement the judge gives is useless inasmuch it doesnt suit the Presidency's desire.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Mustay(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
yomexp:
Buhari will not take nonsense no matter whose horse is gored .
whose OX is gored. wink
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
viczing:

You are wrong man... u got it all wrong... 1st the dss held him above 30 days without filing a case against him which is against the law then two competent courts granted him to leave unconditionally... why wasn't all this case filled when he was with them till the court acquitted him huh Why will tonyebarcanista a biafra hater interpret court other for you when it's glaring... he's a human like who browse on line he's not a lawyer so do the same thing he will do and use your google... I see his comment here and I can deduce that he supports the detention cos of his biafra hatred... the dss should have allowed him to go and file another case not still withholding him after his dismissal.. if the courts are disobeyed then we are doomed cos that's the only place we can get justice

Allow the fools to gloat. They do not realize that we all should fight to defend the rule of law.
Today it's Kanu, nobody knows whose turn next .

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by CharlesPhc: 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
“If a court grants an individual bail, I don’t care what crime the individual is accused of. There are many avenues for security agencies to pursue their quest without flouting the orders of the court. It is wrong, and we dare not continue to keep silent when one of us – a citizen of this nation,..– is granted bail by the court and some excuse is given for flouting the order of the court."

“That is the only arbitration avenue that belongs to all of us. We have a duty to protect the court and we must put an end to this contempt of the orders of the court by any government.” - Prof Wole Soyinka
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by yomexp(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Mustay:
whose OX is gored. wink
oh! thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Agents In Aso Rock Nnamdi Kanu Shows Secret Video Of Buhari And Family / Jonathan Under Pressure To Contest In 2015 - Gulak / INEC Postpones All Bye-Elections Over Security Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.