Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary (9941 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Has No Means Of Livelihood - Army. / Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by EternalTruths: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

His demand was push for violence. Does he need arms to agitate for referendum in his SE(not SS)?

FYI: Both Parents are #ProudlyKirike....

Did the British kill the Scots

Did the Spaniards kill the Catalonians

So what do you expect him to do when his supporters are killed.?

Please tell me.? angry
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Tolatutu: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
EternalTruths:

Did the British kill the Scots

Did the Spaniards kill the Catalonians

So what do you expect him to do when his supporters are killed.?

Please tell me.? angry

He solicited for arms before the protests had even started

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by EternalTruths: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tolatutu:

He solicited for arms before the protests had even started

Please avoid topics you know little of

Kanu was a member of Massob who saw lots of his comrades die in the hands of Nigeria security force. angry

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by betty202020(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

It is rather loss of confidence.

While I want the youngman to be granted bail, the gravity of his alleged offence(according to the state) seem to make releasing on bail "impossible"(in quote). This is not as simple as we may think.
the charge is dead on arrival. Nigeria is signatory to UN charter which upholds right to self determination and self determination to form sovereign state state translates to dismembering the original/mother state. The laws/charter you are a member of has bearing on you. Until Nigeria writes UN seeking to be delisted as signatory to the charter which is very very late now,

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by EternalTruths: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
betty202020:
the charge is dead on arrival. Nigeria is signatory to UN charter which upholds right to self determination and self determination to form sovereign state state translates to dismembering the original/mother state. The laws/charter you are a member of has bearing on you. Until Nigeria writes UN seeking to be delisted as signatory to the charter which is very very late now,

Tonyebarcanista doesn't know that the issue of Biafra is gradually becoming a hot topic in the British Parliament cool

I pity Nigerians who are not preparing for a post Nigeria. cool

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2015
betty202020:
The charter didn't advocate for soliciting arms against the State you want to secede from neither does it advocate incite and sedition. That's where Kanu went wrong.

There are legitimate steps to follow to press home demand...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by EternalTruths: 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The charter didn't advocate for soliciting arms against the State you want to secede from neither does it advocate incite and sedition. That's where Kanu went wrong.

The Charter didn't empower Nigerian security force to kill peaceful protesters since 1999 under the umbrella of Massob.

Since 1999 that the nationalists called for a UN referendum, why has the Nigeria state kept killing peaceful protesters instead of conducting referendum like Britain in the case of Scotland.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by nikola(m): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
CharlesPhc:

I agree but what do you think about this judge's position on the matter?

Truth is there are instances where an accused can boldly state that "he has no confidence in a Judge's ability to be fair" I have witnessed many. Even Okah said the same. The important point to focus on as the prosecuting counsel put forward is "the need for proof of such claim" put forward by KANU. Besides, our court of laws and the cause list of the courts are choking the Judges thus, any individual that wants his file transfered would be speedily granted.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by ODUBEZE: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
ERockson:
With this development Kanu will remain in DSS detention till 2019 and by then he would have grown a lot of sense and beard.
It's okay. It will also be in history and on record that PMB held the court in contempt! he never respected the rule of law he expected every Nigerians to obey!
History will never forget. Mark my words it will be used against him tomorrow!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by nikola(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
EternalTruths:

If another judge is sent, and Kanu reminds the judge of the various bails granted and disobeyed by the DSS, what do you think the judge will do.?

Buhari is putting himself in danger.

If anything happens to Kanu since the court has granted him bail, I don't see how Buhari won't pay dearly for disobeying court order. cool

You would do well to look for an interview (real this time) conducted by Premium times where Prof Sagay addressed this. As long as fresh charges come up, an individual can be rearrested.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
EternalTruths:

The Charter didn't empower Nigerian security force to kill peaceful protesters since 1999 under the umbrella of Massob.

Since 1999 that the nationalists called for a UN referendum, why has the Nigeria state kept killing peaceful protesters instead of conducting referendum like Britain in the case of Scotland.. cool
This didn't legitimise Kanu's action bro. Referendum comes through dialogue and legitimate pressure.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by yomexp(m): 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu Solicited Guns To Fight Nigeria At World Igbo Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPQOPEH-0Y&sns=em

This is all the DSS needs to show the court and the abino is a toast. this is treason.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by betty202020(m): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

even at that, there is no evidence of arm purchase anywhere with the reach of DSS. DSS is just confused. No longer terrorism. Now treason which will not see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Tkester: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

While I want the youngman to be granted bail, the gravity of his alleged offence(according to the state) seem to make releasing on bail "impossible"(in molquote). This is not as simple as we may think.

I've read your posts many times, while I believe you're only being intelligent by half. This your post confirms my suspicion.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2015
Gayigaskia:

this is a judicial matter. Buhari don't have nothing to do with this.

Why is the case titled FGN vs Nnamdi Kanu?

DSS is obviously the third arm of government now in Nigeria while the judiciary is now an inferior and irrelevant arm of government and also on relegation by DSS and you lots over there feel so cool with such a development that is leading you all to HADES?
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Armaggedon: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tolatutu:

@TonyeBarcanista could you please do a thread helping to explain court order because it's clear that many don't understand. They seem to think that makes him immune to getting charged for another offense. That court order was only relating to those charges brought to that court and in no way stops the DSS from charging him for other offenses which is what they've done. I would love to hear you break it down
DSS brought him to federal high court, the court ordered his immediate and unconditional release. The dss not only disobeyed the order but re arraigned him in the same federal high court whose order it disobeyed. Now kalu's objection was that 'he has lost confidence in the court' which means the court allows the dss to disobeyed it's order and expects only him to obey orders(which is not fair). In effect the court should discontinue with the trial till dss is forced to obey it's previous orders. He never faulted the judge but the court. To me the issue of assigning the case to another judge is ruled out since he can raise same objection. He came to prove a point. His point is that nigeria has no case against him and he is proving it to the world. We live in the age of reason; an age where the mind is might, and he is clearly winning the psychological war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tolatutu:

@TonyeBarcanista could you please do a thread helping to explain court order because it's clear that many don't understand. They seem to think that makes him immune to getting charged for another offense. That court order was only relating to those charges brought to that court and in no way stops the DSS from charging him for other offenses which is what they've done. I would love to hear you break it down
am really disappointed in you do you mean you lack the intellectual capability to open a thread and break your facts down must you rely on someone to do that for? imagine his mouth "pls tonye could you please open a thread helping to explain court order because its clear that many don't understand " you need help

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
EternalTruths:

good question. any good answer? none cos they can't reason with their brains on.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by papaejima1: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
Remii:
lol, I remember a court setting abiola free on condition during abacha regime, abiola rejected that conditional release, abacha then dissolved supreme court judges team, he never reconstitute it until both both of them died. he kept referring to that rejection of bail to justify detention of abiola till death took them away, femi falana blamed abiola's death in detention on his lawyers, I hope kanu is getting good advise from his lawyers and friends
shebi both died?

Good!
We may prefer it that way

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by BeClever: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

[s]While I want the youngman to be granted bail[/s], the gravity of his alleged offence(according to the state) seem to make releasing on bail "impossible"(in quote). This is not as simple as we may think.

Why do you prefer to be deceitful rather than stating your true position on the issue at hand..
You hate Kanu and would prefer he languish in jail.

At this moment I don't expect any right thinking person to be considering what the SSS has been feeding the public.. .or are you wiser that all the judges that ordered his unconditional release.

Declear your stand and stop patronizing everyone.
Don't worry about what SSS are claiming, the court has the stick.. .

You hate somebody, then you say it, this forum is faceless.. .
Gawd! If you like this, imagine the kind snake you would be in real life.

I just pitty anyone that has anything to do with you.. Jesss!

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Remii(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
JonSnow:

The same can't be said about Nnamdi Kanu, he's rewriting history. He is a legend. cool
what do you call the one that ran away abandoned his people at war front? brave? mscheww

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Collins9156(m): 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nigeria always fail to learn until late. ..

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

While I want the youngman to be granted bail, the gravity of his alleged offence(according to the state) seem to make releasing on bail "impossible"(in quote). This is not as simple as we may think.
gerrahiamehn. You talk like a kid most times

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by bakila: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mack3N:

Mr man,we all know it will be re-assigned,what you should be concerned about is the picture this outcome has painted the judiciary:inconfidence
Dozen of persons have complained that they do not want to go on with their trial before a particular court and some courts have declined jurisdiction. Kanu is employing a cheap delay tactics and delay he would get.
The judge does not want to waste his time with dramatic case full of theaterics, the next judge that will hear the case will gave you an idea of what is happening.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by kutchs: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2015
Gayigaskia:

Is the SSS the Judge ? Guy do you know separation of powers and all the parties involved in any given case?
In theory separation of power exists in Nigeria but in practice what he have is some form of fusion of power, designed for administrative convenience. If you are interested in learning I will teach you about it when moro comes.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by EternalTruths: 1:50am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This didn't legitimise Kanu's action bro. Referendum comes through dialogue and legitimate pressure.

You see your problem is not facing reality

If Nigeria security force had not gone on killing spree or unlawful detention, he won't have had justification to ask for arms.

Self preservation is the first law of nature. cool

Answer this question to broaden your mind

WOULD THE SCOTS HAD TAKEN UP ARMS LIKE THE IRISH IF THE UK HAD ACTED LIKE THE NIGERIAN SECURITY FORCE.? cool

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by xandy84: 3:29am On Dec 24, 2015
I am not a lawyer but there is difference between what you are charge with and the enormous of evidence against you in court. He was charge with treason with little or no evidence to back such charges and that is the reason the judge keep granting him bail. DSS should respect the rule of law and let the trail continue but first grant him bail. Dss is doing more harm than good and also increasing the popularity of Kanu. You can be charge with terrorism and walk free if there is no evidence to substantiate such charges in court.

TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, there is always loopholes in law. He's standing trial for treason, which is not a bailable offence. The DSS are exploiting legal loopholes. Trust me boss, the case isn't so straight forward.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by mrphysics(m): 4:44am On Dec 24, 2015
yomexp:
Listen dude. if you commit 50 different offences, you will be arraigned 50 different times and you will have to apply for bail 50 different times. so for the fact that inamdi kanu was granted bail doesn't mean he can't be rearrested or rearraigned again for another offence. that is the position of the law.
And if the Fig/Dss commits any offense like disobeying court order? who do u arrest?

I have repeatedly say this "the constitution is too weak to protect the common man"
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by kasheemawo(m): 5:39am On Dec 24, 2015
warrior01:
Nnamdi Kanu is a highly intelligent and learned guy. He simply disgraced the FG and DSS and I must say, the country is gradually being plunged into a state of anarchy and chaos by the APC led government where the rule of law is being disregarded. The courts have ordered the unconditional release of this guy and it was not obeyed. Henceforth, with this developments and precedents from the FG, citizens are equally at Liberty too to disobey any orders coming from the government.
lets biafra competent court release him enough of these strategic
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary by Tkester: 6:24am On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

You see your problem is not facing reality

If Nigeria security force had not gone on killing spree or unlawful detention, he won't have had justification to ask for arms.

Self preservation is the first law of nature. cool

Answer this question to broaden your mind

WOULD THE SCOTS HAD TAKEN UP ARMS LIKE THE IRISH IF THE UK HAD ACTED LIKE THE NIGERIAN SECURITY FORCE.? cool

Bro, I must appreciate your efforts in defending our struggle. I have followed your posts for far too long, and seeing people like you comment is the more reason why I believe in this struggle. I know Intelligent people when I see them, and without mincing words you are INTELLIGENT. However, There is an advice I wish to give you. You see, your replies to most comments on nairaland (most especially on Biafra matters) no matter how cerebral they may seem, for the most part of it is not needed.

Why do I say this? I get pissed off sometimes watching how my Igbo brethren most times try to defend our believes before the yorubas, hausas, and most recently before the guy called barcanista. Though this may seem plausible, but I would prefer we just leave those guys in peace. For crying out loud this struggle is for BIAFRANS and none other, anybody who is not a Biafran does not need a response from us. One of us just opened a website (BR) and I think that is a nice platform for us to discuss this issue. the idea of discussing this issue with outsiders does not sit with me. The yorubas and hausas and the guy called barcanista keep making a mess of themselves. I have seen freedom fighting, and I no one when I see it. Nnamdi Kanu has proven with his trial that he is indeed for Biafra, anybody who does not believe in the guy or who is still doubting his resolve needs no response from Biafrans. Nnamdi Kanu represents us and he is doing that well, That is what matters the most, and not the inconsequential logic of some jobless keypad warriors.

What many ranters here on Nairaland seem not to know is that Kanu is in jail simply because he refused to come to terms with the FG. they thought the FG gives a flying fuc..k on what ever Kanu has said or did with RB. Off course Kanu openly solicited for arms, if that was a crime he would have even been picked up by the FBI in the US where he did it. Why was he not picked up? why did Britain not arrest him? the answer is this - you cannot arrest someone on what he said without proven intent to carry it out, you can only do that if you can prove that the person has the intent to act, and the FG understands that, and that's why they are only trying to intimidate him, without first realizing that Kanu is very learned. If Kanu was actually in violation of any law, I tell you the US govt would have picked him up immediately, no terrorist will come in the open to solicit for arms any where in the world, for the fact that he did it in the open even goes to show the guy has no intent to carry out the action, and this is where I fear for IPOB, because it does seem to me that we have no plan for arms struggle.

Buhari has proven to be a maniac, the only thing I am begging the likes of barcanista and his gang of keyboard warriors is to remember that buhari drew the first line, and not to blame anybody when the consequences of Buahris inaction starts to rain. Just as we all know...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Videos And Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bauchi / Atiku’s Desperation For Presidency By Adamu Mohammed / Live Debate On Fuel Subsidy Removal On Channels Tv At 8pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.