Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor (47555 Views)

Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) / Russia Invents Chemical Dat Peels Off Black Skin / A Russian Laboratory Invents Means Of Removing Black Skin Layer On Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
In a health system that works and which Nigeria aims to be, it is a totally useless invention..

Drsmiles:
Wow
Good invention
As tiny as this seems ,its useful
Due to patient load most patients don't get247 round the clock nursing and medical attention
This may bridge the gap( in a way though)
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Sunnycliff(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
winkmart:

if Seun catch you
Them Don ban tire! #proudly biafran
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by OlivetBen(m): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
Psalm18:
I read through it.
And honestly there was nothing eye catching about all.he said.
Either he is over estimating himself or the reporter has not done rigorous check before rushing to proclaim another Nigerian a 'genius' for whom the government has not helped.

In summary, he is asking for over 100million naira for an invention nobody has heard of.
Science does not work that way.
Nigeria has suffered enough from pseudo scientist and inventors such as Abalaka, Emeagwali, Oyibo etc.

Between, whatever happened to the claims of Enoch Opeyemi to have solved the Riemann hypothesis.
I predict it will die a quiet death after defrauding Nigerians with his wild claims
Ur type will never be happy is sth gud is coming to Nigeria, for crying out loud how does developed countries started? They started gradually and after some time they will have brekthrough. How many times did the inventor of electricity tried, how many times did the inventors of aeroplane tried, how many times did those guys that invented car tried? And so on and so forth. Our problem is lack of support and encouragement to young inventors.

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by agent9(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ok

Now who will support dis chidi?
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
For example, when the infusion bottles gets empty without the attention of the medics the blood of the patient starts moving up through the line of the infusion administering tube. Medically there is no known hazard associated with this incident but the psychological hazard it might cause prompted me to create this monitor”.
Despite the fact that there was no known hazard associated with blood moving up through the line of the infusion administering tube when the drip water finishes, however, Ohagi said he had witnessed a situation where a patient slapped a nurse for allowing his blood to go up the line.
Actually there are known medical hazards associated with the bonded. Chief among them is air embolism. A potentially fatal condition.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by saintkel(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
teamchocolate:
Train someone that doesn't want to go beyond secondary school? But has enough money to go to India to go and follow up a useless invention...

Abeg make I hear word! Run along son

E be like say u no read d latter part of dat article
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by abdulaz: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
This is purely fraudulent if you ask me. There is no need alerting medical personnels that an infusion has ended.

Every infusion has a time frame for it to get used up by a patient and the personel on duty knows that, that is the reason they monitor patients on infusion time to time.

It had already been cleared that the flow of blood up an infusion tube has no medical implications.

Instead of inventing a device that works as an alarm which can be done on every watch or mobile device as a reminder, he should have come up with something that can prevent the flow of blood into the empty tube, which from my knowledge of physics, is caused by the pressure difference between the empty infusion tube and the blood vessel (vein).

NB: I have nothing against him though, as some peeps here might come for my head for saying the obvious truth.

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Jckleiin(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nice one Ohagi. All the best
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Pain(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
When will all these embarrassing posts end? I can see we have learnt nothing from the debacles of Abalaka and Emeagwali et al

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by adsami1: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
Guyman02:
Nigeria should take Aba serious, there is a lot we can gain from there in terms of technology and innovation if only we can eschew tribal sentiments.
If only Yorubas can combine there computer programing (software) brilliance with Igbos technology (hardware) and eat made in Nigeria food grown by the Hausas (Other tribes are included in WAZOBIA) Nigeria will go places soon.
But every thread here is diverted with tribal abuses instead of celebrating one another.

101%correct....bt it is 4dis same reason dat the country Nigeria is so corrupt dat nothing good or worthwhile shud see the light of the day......i tôt similarly 2day abt so many biznesses i cud do bt lack of finance/financier including wrong mindsets of pple/govt wil nt allow me
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by primeache: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
teamchocolate:
Citizenship for a monitor that says when ur infusion finishes Really? In ur dreams!!

If a patient is bad enough to need infusion he should be monitored closely.. have more health workers.. if I were minister of health, N1 of Nigeria's money will never go into such a useless invention...

you can't comprehend what I have written. the fact that he was able to get to that stage alone is something that only few can brag about as such he is an asset.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by AVO88(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sunnycliff:
He is not a Nigerian but an Igbo boy. A proudly Biafran. Its not when it's for evil you guys will remember his an igbo man. #proudly biafran
. When r we goin 2 cease frm tribalism in Nigeria?
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:07am On Dec 24, 2015
abdulaz:
This is purely fraudulent if you ask me. There is no need alerting medical personnels that an infusion has ended. Every infusion has a time frame for it to get used up by a patient and the personel on duty knows that, that is the reason they monitor patients on infusion time to time.
It had already been cleared that the flow of blood up an infusion tube has no medical implications.
Instead of inventing a device that works as an alarm which can be done on every watch or mobile device as a reminder, he should have come up with something that can prevent the flow of blood into the empty tube, which from my knowledge of physics, is caused by the pressure difference between the empty infusion tube and the blood vessel (vein).

NB: I have nothing against him though, as some peeps here might come for my head for saying the obvious truth.
There are implications, eg it's scar to patients.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 24, 2015
Sunnycliff:
He is not a Nigerian but an Igbo boy. A proudly Biafran. Its not when it's for evil you guys will remember his an igbo man. #proudly biafran

Boy at 41. I laugh in igbo

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by mikolo80: 3:11am On Dec 24, 2015
Begonia:
Good.
I was wondering why he sounded more educated than the average secondary school leaver until I read he attended an Institute of Electronics.
I wish him good luck and I hope he gets the much needed financial assistance from FG.

What a short tempered man!
How dare he! angry

the way you speak is built right from primary school. unless you're playing catch up in later years. once you can read(comprehend) and write the sky is your limit. the rest is just psyche (do you believe in yourself or what others say (afterall I'm a graduate yet nothing upstairs)
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by mikolo80: 3:12am On Dec 24, 2015
slimbless:
The guy actually attained a level in his academics, he studied abroad, not like he just left Sec school . OP u made It look like a school leaver invented that. To me, that his own education is far better than the one we have here in Nigeria.
Nice invention and we pray for more of him here
you de mind our journalist dem?
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by overboard(m): 3:41am On Dec 24, 2015
Psalm18:
I read through it.
And honestly there was nothing eye catching about all.he said.
Either he is over estimating himself or the reporter has not done rigorous check before rushing to proclaim another Nigerian a 'genius' for whom the government has not helped.

In summary, he is asking for over 100million naira for an invention nobody has heard of.
Science does not work that way.
Nigeria has suffered enough from pseudo scientist and inventors such as Abalaka, Emeagwali, Oyibo etc.

Between, whatever happened to the claims of Enoch Opeyemi to have solved the Riemann hypothesis.
I predict it will die a quiet death after defrauding Nigerians with his wild claims

Please educate me on Abalaka, I know of the Emeagwali 'fraud' but I thought Abalaka had a strong case?
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by eaglechild: 4:16am On Dec 24, 2015
overboard:

Please educate me on Abalaka, I know of the Emeagwali 'fraud' but I thought Abalaka had a strong case?
Can you educate me on Emegwali 'fraud' because it seems most of you are ignorant on purpose.

Emegwali's inventions are water tight and globally recognized. He was only denied PHd at University of Michigan which doesn not in anyway nullify his invention.

In case you haven't noticed every claim of the fraud leads to a nairaland or Sahara reporters link.

Meanwhile he bagged the prestigious Gordon Bell award with many other accolades which would have been stripped of him if he was fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 7:20am On Dec 24, 2015
I kukuma read it, those virtual schools he went to abi? Or the one That he did one year and dropped out..someone that cannot follow through his schooling in a virtual school that has not been verified wants to follow through an invention, I laugh in Spanish... Abeg make pple no buy this scam...

saintkel:
E be like say u no read d latter part of dat article
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 7:21am On Dec 24, 2015
Don't you think if abalaka had a strong case, HIV would have been a thing of the past??

overboard:

Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2015
Young at 41.. Ok!

OlivetBen:

Ur type will never be happy is sth gud is coming to Nigeria, for crying out loud how does developed countries started? They started gradually and after some time they will have brekthrough. How many times did the inventor of electricity tried, how many times did the inventors of aeroplane tried, how many times did those guys that invented car tried? And so on and so forth. Our problem is lack of support and encouragement to young inventors.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2015
Yes! we have seen it, but it is a useless invention... No need to escalate it..

Folksyharry:
If the Nigerian Medical Association is seeing this article they need to make contact with this guy to see if what he's saying is true, test it and possibly make necessary modifications and as well help him look for the funds to mass produce this device. We can't be ignoring these talents all the time. If this guy can be duly rewarded it will encourage others to come up with various designs that can make our lives better.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2015
Yes! we the Nma have seen it, but it is a useless invention... No need to escalate it.... no need to even refute his invention and give him unnecessary media attention, let his gullible igbo brothers invest in it....cuz I can see all of them praising it all over the thread despite its irrelevance

Folksyharry:
If the Nigerian Medical Association is seeing this article they need to make contact with this guy to see if what he's saying is true, test it and possibly make necessary modifications and as well help him look for the funds to mass produce this device. We can't be ignoring these talents all the time. If this guy can be duly rewarded it will encourage others to come up with various designs that can make our lives better.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by sweetgala(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2015
Great stuff, I would not describe him as a secondary school leaver, he has had some electronic engineering and technical training. And he is definitely one of the bright ones
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by overboard(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2015
eaglechild:

Can you educate me on Emegwali 'fraud' because it seems most of you are ignorant on purpose.

Emegwali's inventions are water tight and globally recognized. He was only denied PHd at University of Michigan which doesn not in anyway nullify his invention.

In case you haven't noticed every claim of the fraud leads to a nairaland or Sahara reporters link.

Meanwhile he bagged the prestigious Gordon Bell award with many other accolades which would have been stripped of him if he was fraudulent.

Oh, thanks for that one. I had already given up on him after what I 'found' out but I will further research before I make up my mind. It would truly be sad if all that is the so called evidence on Philip being a fraud is a scam. Why would people do such? Anyway...
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by overboard(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
teamchocolate:
Don't you think if abalaka had a strong case, HIV would have been a thing of the past??

Not really. Not that I'm making a case for Abalaka though.

You see, I know of certain agendas that aim to keep vested interests oiled and this scenario plays out a lot in nutrition, medicine, diseases... AIDS as we know it is being injected willingly into mostly black populations, there is a serious scam on the Cancer front meant to keep some pockets rich and a lot is being done to dumb down the general populace...

I know I sound like one of those wackos right? Believe me, I know what I'm saying though...

This is just in response to the fact that if Abalaka were legit, HIV would have flatlined.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by teamchocolate: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2015
I like. Ur conspiracy theory, however I can tell u categorically that abalaka is a scam...we are scientists here. All drugs must go thru drug trials and if his didn't pass then he is a fraud.. pls go and read up on clinical drug trials, don't rly av time to educate u on this but he is someone that should have been locked up in jail long ago if Nigeria was a serious country because the first rule of every doctor is first 'do no harm'

overboard:

Not really. Not that I'm making a case for Abalaka though.

You see, I know of certain agendas that aim to keep vested interests oiled and this scenario plays out a lot in nutrition, medicine, diseases... AIDS as we know it is being injected willingly into mostly black populations, there is a serious scam on the Cancer front meant to keep some pockets rich and a lot is being done to dumb down the general populace...

I know I sound like one of those wackos right? Believe me, I know what I'm saying though...

This is just in response to the fact that if Abalaka were legit, HIV would have flatlined.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Folksyharry(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2015
teamchocolate:
Yes! we the Nma have seen it, but it is a useless invention... No need to escalate it.... no need to even refute his invention and give him unnecessary media attention, let his gullible igbo brothers invest in it....cuz I can see all of them praising it all over the thread despite its irrelevance

I can see from all your posts on this topic that you're really on fire. I'm not in the medical field but my mum is a nurse so she has told me stories of how nurses sometimes forget to check up on patients on transfusion so I just thought maybe this device can help prevent certain things from happening.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by benELOHIM7(m): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Summary is igbo were nmadu
doublewisdom:
Too long. Someone, kindly give me the summary.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Begonia(m): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
mikolo80:
the way you speak is built right from primary school. unless you're playing catch up in later years. once you can read(comprehend) and write the sky is your limit. the rest is just psyche (do you believe in yourself or what others say (afterall I'm a graduate yet nothing upstairs)

I wasn't referring to his grammar. I just meant that he must have gotten the background knowledge of the mechanisms he used for the inventions from somewhere other than a secondary school. So, you're right except for your last statement. You shouldn't speak about yourself like that.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by mikolo80: 4:38am On Dec 25, 2015
Begonia:

I wasn't referring to his grammar. I just meant that he must have gotten the background knowledge of the mechanisms he used for the inventions from somewhere other than a secondary school. So, you're right except for your last statement. You shouldn't speak about yourself like that.
same difference .whether it's language or tech (scientific language based on math and ideas) the basic building blocks remain primary education.
Re: Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 02, 2019
I want to learn this kind of animation! Teach me. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Dear Death, I Am Ready" - Young Nigerian Woman Leaves Painful Note On Facebook / Nurse Seen Taking Lollipop In An Emergency Room While Attending To A Patient / I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.