Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance (736 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by Ceekay(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
It may sound stupid, crazy or irresponsible, but i've decided to mourn the death of my loved ones in advance. Dont blame me. Its not something i really decided, it could be a problem. It has even made me withdraw a bit from them. I dont wish death on any of them, i couldnt have loved any of them more dearly.
My reason is this, i've been with my friends on certain occasions, long time friends, not once not twice, when all of a sudden they recieve a call announcing the death of a loved one, mother, father, sibling or relation. I can see the agony. Some of them are sacred for life, like a friend of mine who was called to inform his mum and dad had died in a car crash. People i knew so well and loved too. Today he can pass for a deaf/mute because he doesnt talk to anyone. I cant imagine the devastation i would go through if a member of my family died after so long together.
I will NOT be caught unawares. I refuse to be caught unawares, and since they say death is inevitable, maybe one day if the misfortune befalls me, i'll look back and say 'I was prepared'.
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by noetic2: 1:35am On Jun 10, 2009
you need serious help.
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by mohawkchic(f): 3:23am On Jun 10, 2009
~Oh Dear! Now what you're doing is "Mental Torture" That can Fork You Up Bigtime!!

~Enjoy & Appreciate every moment you have w/ your loved ones now,they count for something when they are no longer w/ us!!:Even people who are dealing w/ terminal illness & know they are going die make the most of the time they got left. .

~You cant Pretend to grief for something you havent lost!!You can NEVER be "Prepared"!

~What you are afraid of. . That Fear of losing a loved one to Death,i have already experienced that! You know what brings me out of my dark days? Those moments made into Memories I had w/ my Dada . . .So Snap out of this "Hypothetical-Grief-Process" & make every moment count you have w/ your family/Loved ones & be Thankful they are still here w/ you!!

(1) (Reply)

She Needs Our Help. / What Will You Fill Your Heart With In 2010? / Nigerian Youths Share Their Views On Child Hawking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.