Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance (1146 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by Ceekay(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
It may sound stupid, crazy or irresponsible, but i've decided to mourn the death of my loved ones in advance. Dont blame me. It has even made me withdraw a bit from them. I dont wish death on any of them, i couldnt have loved any of them more dearly.
My reason is this, i've been with my friends on certain occasions, long time friends, not once not twice, when all of a sudden they recieve a call announcing the death of a loved one, mother, father, sibling or relation. I can see the agony. Some of them are scarred for life, like a friend of mine who was called to inform his mum and dad had died in a car crash. People i knew so well and loved too. Today he can pass for a deaf/mute because he doesnt talk to anyone. I cant imagine the devastation i would go through if a member of my family died after so long together.
I will NOT be caught unawares. I refuse to be caught unawares, and since they say death is inevitable, maybe one day if the misfortune befalls me, i'll look back and say 'I was prepared'.
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by binhozie(m): 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2009
Well i understand u sha o, but. . .
Well i dunno i've not thought of it that way undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by biola44: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2009
food 4 thot! sad
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by emilyone(f): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2009
poster are u alright at all ? shocked shocked shocked

neva heard of such
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by virgie(f): 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ poster, stop deceiving yourself, you can never be fully prepared until it finally happens.

Live for today and thank God for giving you and your own family life. Let 2mr take care of its own problems.
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by sparta(f): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2009
It hurts no doubt to loose someone suddenly cry but man, i think you are taking this just too far. What? shocked
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by pinkylady1(f): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ poster

what if you go b4 any member of your family u said u are mournin in advance angry
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by touchmeder: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
This is simply amazing cheesy grin
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by Pepeye(f): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2009
Anticipation of death is worst than death
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by iice(f): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2009
grin grin I like the idea. . .
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by tpiah: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2009
poster

while you're at it, are you also mourning your own death in advance?

You're supposed to pray and caution such thoughts because even if inexplicable things are really happening in that manner, dwelling on them like this wont help your mental state.

Rebuke the devil and he will flee from you.

You're not the only one experiencing such and you wont be the last either.

virgie:

@ poster, stop deceiving yourself, you can never be fully prepared until it finally happens.

Live for today and thank God for giving you and your own family life. Let 2mr take care of its own problems.

thank you.

Count your blessings, not your sorrows. The day's own problems are sufficient for the day. Why add more.

having a thankful attitude makes better sense.
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by Akinagirl(f): 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2009
Pepeye:

Anticipation of death is worst than death

Exactly so. You have to live life for today and let tommrow take care of itself. You will never be happy or live a fufilled life if you are always worried about dying or someone else dying. You will be miserable. Everything you think you are trying to avoid by distancing yourself, that attitude will only make it worse. Trust me, I know. Its not a way to live.
Re: I'm Mourning The Death Of A Loved One. . . .in Advance by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2009
this is wierd lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Parents Background / If You Were In Their Shoes,what Will You Do? / Woman Caught Her House Help Sucking Blood From Her 4years-old Daughter’s Nostril

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.