Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,338 members, 7,850,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

My Wedding Night Blues (2) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wedding Night Blues (2) (696 Views)

I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help / My Wedding Pictures! / Friday Night Blues *what Song Are You Playing Now* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Wedding Night Blues (2) by Psaduwa007: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
"Is that what you think? That I took a loan to pay for our wedding?" Raffe asked.
"Yes! Where else could you have got the money you plan to spend that is way beyond our budget?" I countered. He had arrived home a short while before from work and I had confronted him immediately on the issue.

"Look, Raffe dear, much as I want a nice wedding, I think it will be foolish of us to spend not just all our savings but borrow money too. We need money for other things after the wedding, like a bigger apartment, a new car and other stuff. So, let's be prudent in our spending. That's all I'm saying," I explained.
 "Oma, come here," he said, drawing me towards the sofa where he sat.
 "I understand your concern and I'm not stupid. Thing is, it was a gift, not a loan that I got," he disclosed.

"A gift?" I exclaimed.
 "Yes. From Tega," he added. When he mentioned the amount, I jumped up from the couch.
 "Tega gave you all that money? And you didn't inform me so we can visit and thank him for his kind gesture?" I asked. Then remembering something, I said: "I thought you guys had fallen out? Why did he gift you such a huge sum of money then?" Some months back, the two friends had quarreled over a business proposal Raffe wanted him to be part of, which Tega had turned down.
 "Just because he now has money, he has forgotten his roots, his old friends he grew up with. He has no regard for us anymore," Raffe had grumbled back then.

Raffe laughed.
 "He heard about our upcoming wedding and sent for me. We settled our differences and here we are!" he stated.
 I felt happy and relieved on hearing that. At least, he had not mortgaged our future by taking a loan, I thought.

We sat, finalizing the plans for our big day.
 "I'll take my annual leave from work so we can have time for a honeymoon. We are going abroad!" said Raffe.
 "Can we afford a foreign trip?" I asked sceptically.
  He nodded.

"We have the money to do whatever we want. So, let's spoil ourselves! Europe, U.S, Canada, anywhere you want. Just name it!" he declared.
 "We can visit those places some other time. Let's stay in Africa for now. We have a beautiful continent that has so much to offer, to see and explore," I said.
 "Which African country will you like to visit?" he asked.

"Let's go to Kenya! My friend, Roli was there for her annual vacation last year and she said she had a nice time," I told him.
 "Kenya then. I heard the ladies are pretty," he said, grinning.
 "What? So, you want to go there because of the girls?" I demanded.
 "Relax, darling! With you by my side, I won't have time for other women even if they are as beautiful as Agbani Darego!*" he said, holding me tight and kissing me.

The big day
 Our journey to the altar began with the traditional marriage ceremony with the church wedding fixed for the following week. 
The traditional marriage took place in my late father's compound in the village.

Visit www.truelifestoriesng..com to read the rest of the story
Re: My Wedding Night Blues (2) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Married In School, Single At Home / Woman Arrested Biting Off A Man's Pen*s / How Soon Do Good Guys Find Miss Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.