Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? (6050 Views)

For Your Computer Video / Digital Services / Vhs Conversion / Nle Editing / Souvenir Afrique Reality Magazine On Cd Tapes / How Do I Convert Vhs To Cd Or Dvd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by missojugo(f): 1:17am On Jun 10, 2009
Please does anyone know how i can convert U.S VHS (video cassettes) to DVD in Nigeria. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by somadino: 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
First you need a computer and a TV card (preferably an external USB TV card) so you can use it on a laptop or a desk top PC.
I guess that should help if u need more help just hola
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by missojugo(f): 2:31am On Jun 11, 2009
Hi thanks for responding, what is a T.V card? undecided
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by missojugo(f): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2009
Anyone? Is there a place i can take them to in Lagos to get them converted to DVD
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by somadino: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2009
Sure there are tons of places to go to convert them. It depends on where you are in Nigeria. In Lagos I see signs advertising this service. I am sure i have seen such in Ikeja,
If all options fail you, just give me a call - I'll do it as long as you can pay for my time.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by missojugo(f): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2009
Thanks, Just to clarify the cassettes i have are in NTSC (US, Canada) format not nigerian format and i want them converted to dvd so i can play them on Nigerian t.v/dvd player, No vex for my silly qtns shocked
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by somadino: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2009
1st ur questions r not silly. Are you able to watch them in nigeria here. If you are then it will be converted. It's important to note that Nigeria does not make any VHS or DVD players. Though our system is PAL in Nigeria, most of the players will play any kind of DVD, I am sure you have seen the words "multi-system" before. Almost all of them are.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by ugbeda(m): 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2009
please i work with a media company and the office address is : 35b, ladipo bateye street, gra, ikeja, Lagos. just bring the VHS material and i will convert it for you in just an hour. please u can call me on these numbers: 08032695520 or 08051179620. my names are: Samson Ugbeda. thank you.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
. . . Or you could buy a convertor. Just put your VHS in one end, put your DVD in another end, and press "Convert". Something like this : http://www.firebox.com/product/2108/USB-VHS-Converter but one which is multi-regional.

If you can't purchase one in Nigeria, let me know and I might be able to help.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by pek(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
it is not as easy as guys here are making you believe. the issue here is that it is n ntsc and not pal. first you have to convert to pal b4 transfering it to dvd. but for further help, you can call me, 08098678989
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by biggjoe(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
pek:

it is not as easy as guys here are making you believe. the issue here is that it is n ntsc and not pal. first you have to convert to pal b4 transfering it to dvd. but for further help, you can call me, 08098678989

Please dont say what you dont know. Almost all VHS player in Nigeria here is Multi system meaning it plays both pal & ntsc. So if you have to convert, like the first poster said, you need a VHS player, a TV card in your computer and a TV capture software (there are tons of them on the internet just Google Video capture software).
What happens is that when the VHS player plays your video, the computer via the TV card captures the video with the capture softaware and at the end of the tape, you can now convert the captured video to any format of your choice.

However, if you are not very comfortable with computer or you want to use some effects on the final video, you might need help.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by TmeD0(m): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2009
@missojugo, what you're trying to do is not impossible and you can do it by yourself contrary to what some are telling you.

having said that, let me try as much as possible to explain the process to you in a simplified manner.  to accomplish the task, you'll need:

1. the necessary hardware (some have mentioned it already) like kworld's DVD Maker USB 2.0  to transmit signal between your computer and the video source (in your case, your VCR), which in most cases is a video capture card or a tv tuner card.

2. a free light-weight software like Debut to capture the video to be saved to your hard drive.

3. another free software like DVDforger to author your saved video into a DVD format.

please note that in no way am i advocating the above h/w and s/w, i only referenced them based on my personal experience using them. the only thing that will cost you is the h/w. there might be other good ones (USB-based in particular) out there but i can speak of the one i've been using for about 5 years now.

i presume you're in the states, if so, you shouldn't have a hard time locating a video capture card to use. 

i specifically use the USB one because of the flexibility it affords you especially if you're using a notebook (which is usually the best cause of the mobility it provides).

when you get the hardware and software, everything else is self explanatory but if you have any questions, go ahead and post it here. 

just some hints to save you some headache and most importantly time:

if you decide to use Debut for your video capture, use the options tab to select either avi (i prefer this one though) or mpg or mpeg file format.  and if you use avi, make sure to change the audio bitrate from xxxx MONO to say, 44kHz, 112 - 128 (select within this range  but i stay with 128, which is the normal CD audio quality) STEREO.

also, if you want to use DVDforger for authoring the DVD, the default region setting is PAL.

and since you want to play the DVD in Nigeria, you won't need to change the regional settings.  hope this helps and good luck. Peace!

**oh, on a side-note, if the DVD player you'll be playing the video on is Divx certified, then you can skip the authoring part (step 3) and just burn the file on the disc as a data file.**
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by lastpage: 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
Thank you jare, T@MEDO,
some people want to turn ordinary conversion to "rocket science" just to skim a few bob off their brother!

I suggest the poster should wake-up and try some DIY himslef, you never learn something if you dont try it out.
Remember to set your VHS-player to NTSC (in the menu settings) so that it will play the VHS an your dubbing software to PAL, so output can be in PAL format.

If everything fails, well, go to Otigba area in Ikeja, its less than #1000 for a Tape-to-DVD conversion, under one hour. Good luck
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by funsosweet(m): 12:40am On Jun 18, 2009
I bought a MEDION 360gigabyte DVD recorder from Hamburg last year and it can handle it. This is how it works: You need to play the cassette with a VHS player and have it plugged in to the DVD recorder with an empty disc in it so, as it plays on the VHS it transmits to the disc in the DVD recorder, I bought it 245euro last year.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by Elgaxton(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
@funsosweet,

i like ur advice o, straight grin wink
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by TmeD0(m): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
lastpage:

Thank you jare, T@MEDO,
some people want to turn ordinary conversion to "rocket science" just to skim a few bob off their brother!

@ lastpage, no prob!  abeg, no mind dem o jare. 

i hope this helps not only the OP but others that might be trying to do the same.

funsosweet:

I bought a MEDION 360gigabyte DVD recorder from Hamburg last year and it can handle it. This is how it works: You need to play the cassette with a VHS player and have it plugged in to the DVD recorder with an empty disc in it so, as it plays on the VHS it transmits to the disc in the DVD recorder, I bought it 245euro last year.

glad that works for you but last time i checked 254Euro is equivalent to $340 or N50,000, ouch! 

i'm not sure OP is willing to dish out that amount of money (I know baba ijebu won't  grin) when she can easily get it done herself for less than [url=http://www.provantage.com/kworld-kw-usb2800d~7KWRD003.htm]$50[/url].

Elgaxton:

@funsosweet,

i like ur advice o,  straight  grin wink

u know, learning something new (especially a simplified one) can be fun sometimes. . . trust me, it's not always a challenge like you might think.  wink 

just my $0.02.  Peace!
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by khar: 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
If you really are interested,call 08098000354.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by Nezan(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2009
Advises grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by luvly4luv(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2022
Do you want to convert and copy VHS tapes, Mini DV tapes, radio cassette tapes or any other tapes to flash drives, dvd or any other digital format?

Kindly give us a call today:

Benmab Technological Services,
benmabtechnologies@gmail.com.

Our office address is at
24, Itire Road by Randle Avenue Junction beside Commint Bukka Restaurant Surulere Lagos Nigeria.

Thank you as we expect your call.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by Salmoneus(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2022
luvly4luv:
Do you want to convert and copy VHS tapes, Mini DV tapes, radio cassette tapes or any other tapes to flash drives, dvd or any other digital format?

Kindly give us a call today:

Benmab Technological Services,
benmabtechnologies@gmail.com.

Our office address is at
24, Itire Road by Randle Avenue Junction beside Commint Bukka Restaurant Surulere Lagos Nigeria.

Thank you as we expect your call.

Hi, do you also clean the VHS tapes? I have TONS of tapes i'd like to convert...what is your rate?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by luvly4luv(m): 7:13am On Jun 25, 2022
Salmoneus:

Hi, do you also clean the VHS tapes? I have TONS of tapes i'd like to convert...what is your rate?

Sure we do clean up and also have a way to get your video out, except if the tapes are completely damaged.

It cost N5000 per each VHS tape transcribed to Flash drive memory.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by luvly4luv(m): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
Salmoneus:

Yes we do our best to clean up and repair the tapes in order to transcribe a decent video file.
Rates depends on quantity and year of recording.
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by caroljames97202: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2022
I am interested Please share more details with us.

https://www.allhdd.com/cisco-n3k-c3164q-40ge-layer-3-switch/
Re: How Do I Convert U.s Vhs Tapes To Dvd In Nigeria? by luvly4luv(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2023
[quote author=caroljames97202 post=117911153]I am interested Please share more details with us.

At Benmab Technological Services ltd, we convert all types of VHS tapes, miniDV tapes , radio cassette tapes etc and copy to flash drives and DVD. Visit us at 51, Akanro Street, Ilasamaja Mushin. Call or send WhatsApp 07032459974, benmabtechnologiesltd@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian In Top 15 In The KIA Stop-motion Animation Video Contest / Which Editing Software Is Used For Music Video Editing? / For The Love Of Art II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.