Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander (40109 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijainfogalery: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2015
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

731 Likes 89 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Akkord4gov: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2015
Pls highlight the lessons grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by fromnigeria(m): 11:03am On Dec 24, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Aremu01(m): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2015
I am with you on this OP, only if ppl could think beyond Nairaland

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2015
This land is for sale

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
front page please. this should teach others lesson about what they type. On a serious note, the first scenario about a guy whose fiancée's father ended the relationship between his daughter and him was uncalled for. He was too emotional, had in be the other way round, what would his fiancee say?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by tpiar: 3:13am On Jan 02, 2016
too long.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
op u ma na amibo, na everything u see u go talk?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijainfogalery: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2016
Hahahahaha you know sometimes we come here and say things no thinking of the consequences, Its like me abusing your mum and saying LOL. The whole reason i put this up is for people to comport themselves and if you now deemed it fit to still come here and do exactly opposite what was posted. Then its you that has a very big Social media comportion disorder
BlackMaria:

Funny,u cud type this epistle @ me.
I was just teasing u based on the topic. Which was y,I added lol into my sentence.
Since u av decided to take it personal,then I b'liv u gat low self-esteem.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Searching4love, na you be cybercafe attendant? cheesy cheesy

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by meezynetwork(m): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
That's the disadvantages of a faceless forum

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by jnrbayano(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
On nairaland's family and politics sections I realised what being frustrated and ill-trained is all about.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by nerdymufasa(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
Tell 'em oo...but on d oda hand, yhu should not take online banter seriously cos it's easy to get a smartphone, free mb & cheat, so d goose or gander can easily try him/herself

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Dygeasy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
cool
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Segadem(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
I pray they will never learn in a hard way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by bdemix(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
Iyalaya Anybody #Street ti Take over

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by AmakaDNB(f): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
OK...
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Beno3: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by maduxs: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
But I Will abuse the tyrant"buhari" even in my dreams for been such a punkass president

12 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by pretydiva(f): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
So true op. Some of dem r teenagers who r opportune 2 b using a browsing phone

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by PANYAberry: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
So true

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Shortyy(f): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
Whatever happens online, stays online. Diss me all you want bruh that doesn't change who I am.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by cacubaba2015(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
story story ooooo....na wetin I no go hear

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Firefire(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
interesting...

People who need help coming online to raise abuses and forming on cyberspace.

I pity them... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hmmm ok
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Gbengais(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
Just tot about the reality of this and it got me cracking

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Allosaurus: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
Was it StOla or Babangbali? I know those two are the most jobless pervs on Nairaland shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whatsapp Crashes Around The World Except In Nigeria / Top 5 Smartphones Below 30K / Spartak Moscow Throws Shade At Whatsapp, Facebook & Barcelona (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.