Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion (41651 Views)

Anambra Gas Reserve: DPR Certifies Re-Entry / Nimibofa Ayawei's Son, Mientei Burnt To Death With Girlfriend In Bayelsa (Photo) / 8 People Died In Anambra Gas Explosion Not 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Pidggin(f): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
cry cry
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by joystickextend1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sad....rip to to the dead cry
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by suwalee(f): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Anasko:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/breaking-christmas-tragedy-100-burnt-to-death-in-anambra-gas-explosion/
Chaiiii hallelujah after two week dis ppl called Mods lifted my ban they should know we gat freedom of speech sha
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by bluegrass217(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
close to seeing d end of 2015.... n seeing d beginning of 2016 may al d dead n dia families bear d fortitude loss
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by piagetskinner(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Jesus christi!! sad shocked...
Evil will not overcome us this year in JESUS Name
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by ubongutioh(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Not Christmas tragedy, its Maulud tragedy. Christmas is tomorrow.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by referee(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Mehn companies need safety officers for safe processes of works... probably it could have been prevented... God help Nigeria..
In developed countries the company for pay compensation cry..

Its a tragedy..

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by wink2015(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
[size=18pt] When safety rules is grossly breached it is this kind of experience one should expect. We care less about human safety and we always focus on making money. The penalty is unnecessary death.

This company may not have be updating their safety records if they ever have.

May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace Amen![/size]

2 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Onymerchandise: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
I saw fire services truck passing through my domain at such a high speed in the morning, I told myself is like there is fire burning some where, before I learnt of this terrible tragedy, what a lost. God please console the family of the victims.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by shiffynaani(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
RIP to the deadRIP to the deadRIP to the dead
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
What kind of horrible news is this now? 100 people?! Jesus!
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by zubycharles(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nawa oooo....RIP 2 d dead

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by pagorino(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
eya rip 2 d dead...chai n 2mao z Christmas. what a pity. angryeya rip 2 d dead...chai n 2mao z Christmas. what a pity.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Ugomba(m): 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Chai.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Babacele: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
vivaciousvivi:
What kind of horrible news is this now? 100 people?! Jesus!
let us verify it o cos this isn't funny at all. merry Xmas.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by son4century(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
ControlX:

RIP to the dead.
Meanwhile....

Written by: Yahaya Mohd Usman
December 20 at 11:12am
IS IT BECAUSE IT IS BUHARI?
I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north.
It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?
We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?
When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?
Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?
We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?
Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?
If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness.
While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner, we cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow.
I take solace in the fact that the shi'at/army clash did not happen under the Jonathan presidency, hypocrites would have twisted it as his hatred for Islam, this is why Jonathan should even thank God he lost that election.
Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good any where any time and what is bad is bad, I cannot be suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the president.
What is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by IKONSO4U(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Oh God help ur poeple
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by onstelly(f): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
cry
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Realhommie(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
hungryboy:
R.i.p to the dead,
The families of the dead should sue the company for all it's worth,
This tragedy could have been averted if the company maintained a good safety standard
And would suing d coy bring d dead bck to life? Wats done is done, let it slide n look forward with hope to the future..
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by nyabinghi(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
coolitempa:
This is terrible news....May God comfort their families and may their souls rest in peace. IJN.
why did jesus fail to save them.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by coesheya(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
What a tragedy on eve of Christmas. May the souls of all those burnt to death, through the mercy of GOD, rest in peace.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by nyabinghi(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
ubongutioh:
Not Christmas tragedy, its Maulud tragedy. Christmas is tomorrow.
deceive yaself bra, it is a xmas tragedy, jesus slept off and failed to save people calling him and they got burnt.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by nyabinghi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
piagetskinner:
Jesus christi!! sad shocked...
Evil will not overcome us this year in JESUS Name
why didn't jesus save the burnt people
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by SaffronSpice: 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
Jesus!

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Fraih(f): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is terrible! !! cry
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by ESSOHEngineers: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
A thorough investigation needs to be conducted on the root and remote cause(s) of this accidents.

The rate at which gas plants are going up in flames points to a troubling problem with operational and technical safety engineering and management.

A proper inquest needs to be carried out by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) from the DPR HQ and not even the Zonal/Field Office.

On our own part as a HSE Engineering and Management Consulting Company and as a Public Safety Advocacy company we have recorded over 5 gas plants fire accidents/explosions in Lagos alone this year.

Something serious needs to be done to ensure that licensees have the minimum requirements for the grant of a license to operate gas plants.

The transfer of LP gas from trucks into the gas tanks have been a major problem. There is no vapor recovery system in place in many of these gas plants. As a matter of fact in practically all of them.

Secondly for gas retail shops, there is hardly any proper procedure in transferring gas from large cylinders to smaller cylinders (especially 12.5kg bottles). It should be against the law to transfer gas from one cylinder to another in gas retail shops.

Life cannot be so cheap in Nigeria. People die in ways that are just too ridiculous. Life cannot be this cheap due to our laziness and ineptitude.

Prior to the issuance of licenses, the regulatory agencies must ensure that minimum safety requirements are met. It should be a crime if this is not done and any officer who inspects such a new facility and recommends for a grant of the license to operate without confirming and ensuring that all necessary equipment are in place should be found guilty of a crime.

PEOPLE NEED TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS AND INEPTITUDE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by bfa: 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is soooo painfullllll......Jesus!!!
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Eddyefe(m): 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
NAWAO GOD,THEY HOPE TO SEE D END OF THIS YEAR BUT COULD NOT.MAY THERE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by judedwriter(m): 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sweet Jesus cry have mercy on us all.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by holyeye1989(m): 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
NO NA...WHY THIS TIME
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Btruth: 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
Tragedy. God have mercy on us for the remaining of this year oooo. RIP to all the dead. I sincerely pass my condolence to the families of the dead.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Sabahthegreat(m): 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
A real tragedy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coup Money Channelled Through Nigeria - Turkish Newspaper / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki / Mike Smith on Twitter: "Nigerian Police Are So Friendly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.