Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion (41635 Views)

Anambra Gas Reserve: DPR Certifies Re-Entry / Nimibofa Ayawei's Son, Mientei Burnt To Death With Girlfriend In Bayelsa (Photo) / 8 People Died In Anambra Gas Explosion Not 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Anasko(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
ONITSHA – Tragedy occurred, Thursday in the industrial town of Nnewi, Anambra state when an industrial Gas plant suddenly exploded and with over 100 persons burnt to death.

The explosion rocked the Inter Corp Oil limited(LPG Gas Plant), an subsidiary of Chikason Group.
According to an eye-witness, the fire incident which started at about 11am, was caused by an explosion when a truck was discharging its contents.

The source hinted that all the customers who went to the gas plant to get a refill were allegedly burnt to death while some of the victims who were in the neighborhood and passers-by also got caught in the inferno.

At the scene of the incident, the charred bodies of the victims and other severely burnt persons were taken to Nnamdi Azikwe University Teaching Hospital, NAUTH, Nnewi.

It was gathered that the inferno did not allow rescue workers into the factory where hundreds were allegedly trapped.

Details later
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/breaking-christmas-tragedy-100-burnt-to-death-in-anambra-gas-explosion/
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by fromnigeria(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
shocked

Am pained... Imagining what state their various families are in now. Goosepimple all over me.

May their gentle souls rest in peace.
Lord please keep showing mercy and giving us long rope. Ha!!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by EdCure: 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
Really ragic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by rusher14: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
A true tragedy.

Rest in peace to the dead.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by coolitempa(f): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is terrible news....May God comfort their families and may their souls rest in peace. IJN.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by greatness22(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Oh Heavens!!! R.I.P to them.2015 shall not see our end.... All Nairalanders must see the end of 2015.....

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by mazzi: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Oh my GOD!!! RIP to the dead.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by hungryboy(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
R.i.p to the dead,
The families of the dead should sue the company for all it's worth,
This tragedy could have been averted if the company maintained a good safety standard

4 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by miqos02(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
bad
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Jesus!! cry cry cry devil y naw? undecided
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by seunoni34(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Really Sad news
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by DGKN: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Haba
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by MonitorinSpirit(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Just 8 days to 2016...I cover all NLanders with the blood of Baba J excluding bad Mods.

7 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by emerged01(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Rip.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
RIP
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by VickyRotex(f): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
A sad one. May their souls find eternal rest.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Rexphobia(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
damn
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Richcreed(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
May their soul rest in peace,but the company must be hold responsible.

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Helkayklassic(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
So sad.. RIP
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by SenatePresdo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
RIP to the dead, what a sorrowful ending.

Death is inevitable we all know, but premature and painful death will never be our portion in the name of Jesus christ AMEN!!

11 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by nofij(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is very saddening....may God guide our going out and coming in each day.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by chinoify: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
sacrifice things....
but why

2 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by MzPecs(f): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
Jesu mi o!

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

RIP to the dead!
cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by demsid(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
chaii. ikunle abiamo o ooo . jesuuu.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by teebaxy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
Rip, another end time tragedy
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is "crazy" cry
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by omisakint: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sad.

Am sure some of them would have planned to go home(village ) after the days work.

Rip

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by olajide8(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
RIP- rituals from films come to mind- a large number of souls in exchange of retaining money or extending his life..

2 Likes

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by demsid(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
greatness22:
Oh Heavens!!! R.I.P to them.2015 shall not see our end.... All Nairalanders must see the end of 2015.....
and u think its possible? almost 1.5 million nairalanders #fact.

R.I.p to the dead. This is an horrible way to die.

1 Like

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
May God console the bereaved! It's so painful to loose a loved one just few minute to celebration of something.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
RIP to the dead.
Meanwhile....

Written by: Yahaya Mohd Usman
December 20 at 11:12am
IS IT BECAUSE IT IS BUHARI?
I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north.
It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?
We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?
When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?
Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?
We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?
Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?
If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness.
While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner, we cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow.
I take solace in the fact that the shi'at/army clash did not happen under the Jonathan presidency, hypocrites would have twisted it as his hatred for Islam, this is why Jonathan should even thank God he lost that election.
Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good any where any time and what is bad is bad, I cannot be suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the president.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Oh.....Jesus!!!!!!!!

What a tragedy! What a loss of innocent lives!

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

LPG explosion is always so spontaneous, devastating and deadly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: Omisore Agrees To Work For APC Victory On Thursday - Doyin Okupe / Photos Of INEC Office In Sokoto On Friday Morning. / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.