Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion (41652 Views)

Anambra Gas Reserve: DPR Certifies Re-Entry / Nimibofa Ayawei's Son, Mientei Burnt To Death With Girlfriend In Bayelsa (Photo) / 8 People Died In Anambra Gas Explosion Not 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
God have mercy! What a tragedy.
Only God will be able to console the families of d deceased in this festive season.
What a sad way to end the year. May their soul rest in peace.
Dear Lord avert a recurrence of this tragedy.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by superpundit: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Gas in general and cooking gas on the home front is one of the most terrible thing that science made. but Africans love civilisation but we fail to keep to demands of civilisation. of recent, I have noticed that it has become the order of the day for people to take gas cylinders to be filled at gas depots. the multinational companies are better informed in matters like this. There is a Total gas plan in my city and I observed that it was built in a manner that it is far removed from any building, and not only that, no one except the handlers are allowed to gain access to the plant. But I notice all these mushroom companies owned by some money-miss-road will just build Petrol and gas station right in the midst of densely populated area. and for reason of corruption, this facilities are approved for construction by town planning authorities and fire services and even the DPR and NNPC.
for God's sake how come over 100 Nigerians are gathered at a gas plant, when they ought to buy at gas outlets on a one by one basis. I know they merely wish to save few naira as different from picking already filled cylinders at gas outlets.
the kind of tragedy is what is called structural violence of the state. if there was no negligence of the state at one point or the other, the accident would not have occurred in the first instance. may God deliver Nigerians from the menace called Civil or public service. And may God grant the soul of the victims eternal rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Gkemz: 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
Anambra always hitting the front-page for tragic incidences. From Onitsha fuel tank explosion to the killing and brutalization of pro Biafra's agitators and now another heavier tragedy has struck heavily in the town of Nnewi, the hometown of my sister, viviangist leaving dozens dead. God why anambra, why my state. Chukwu nna naputa ndi gi na onwunwa a..
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by oglalasioux(m): 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
People who are few meters away from the gas station will go to church for thanksgiving. What is the difference between those that died and those that didn't die? The churches will tell you God loved those that didn't die. So did God hate those that died? More reasons why we must discard the idea of a God and a Devil who is behind fortunes and misfortunes. God is far above religion. The universe is a brutal survival of the fittest entity. RIP to the dead.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Harmvirus(f): 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
OMG! May their souls RIP. May God protect us
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by abdulabbakar(m): 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
ControlX:

RIP to the dead.
Meanwhile....

Written by: Yahaya Mohd Usman
December 20 at 11:12am
IS IT BECAUSE IT IS BUHARI?
I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north.
It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?
We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?
When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?
Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?
We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?
Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?
If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness.
While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner, we cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow.
I take solace in the fact that the shi'at/army clash did not happen under the Jonathan presidency, hypocrites would have twisted it as his hatred for Islam, this is why Jonathan should even thank God he lost that election.
Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good any where any time and what is bad is bad, I cannot be suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the president.
copy and paste tinz...hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Divmoore119(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Very big waste for chicason.
i]waste of life.Those dead people means a lot to thier family.
ii]waste of money.Those burnt properties will take him lots of money to re-build.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Frajorge(m): 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Black Thursday at nnewi
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by 1voice: 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
Satan thought he could waste lives this Xmas period...God is stronger than Satan! It is well with all the family members left behind!
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2015
All you RIP and Nawa and cries won't solve a thing. When things like this happen the way forward is to study the cause for the accident, punish all those that are found to have been wanting in obeying safety rules and ensure it never happens again in this facility or other similar ones by carrying out facility audit. But in Nigeria we just say Eyaah, talk about it and after a few weeks life goes on only for the same thing to happen again in the not too distant future
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Nickymezor(f): 12:27am On Dec 25, 2015
Mehn , this is awful cry... may their gentle souls rest in peace . Amen
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by solash: 12:52am On Dec 25, 2015
R.I.P to the dead.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by NwaNimo1(m): 12:53am On Dec 25, 2015
The company should be held liable and made to pay compensation to the families of the bereaved . . .
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by SirEurope(m): 12:59am On Dec 25, 2015
Tomorrow na xmas ooooooooooooooooo
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by nduprincekc(m): 1:21am On Dec 25, 2015
lord plz hav mercy for dear souls''no one kno wen his or her will be''but God we all re in thy Hand'''u promise us long live nd prosperity'including our daily bread''!!!
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by mamagee3(f): 2:44am On Dec 25, 2015
Christmas Day in Nigeria hasn't even been up to 45 minutes.

And there's already a Christmas Day tragedy!

Bad news everywhere coming from Nigeria. undecided
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Franky9584(m): 3:14am On Dec 25, 2015
OMG! on the eve of Xmas(birth of our Lord)? God plz have mercy dis death z THREE much in did con3
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by repogirl(f): 3:25am On Dec 25, 2015
Sad, lord help us. embarassed
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by zudozz: 3:54am On Dec 25, 2015
This country sef..
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by chikids(m): 5:21am On Dec 25, 2015
Oh, what a terrible way to die !!!. My home town Nnewi, may the Lord console the families of the dead and I receive the mark of touch not and exemption from untimely death and the evils of this season in Jesus Christ name. Amen. May the significance of Christ's birth find expression in your life and as you celebrate it, may unending love, good tidings, joy, peace, harmony divine health, wisdom and much more be yours. Merry Christmas!
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by chikids(m): 5:24am On Dec 25, 2015
demsid:
and u think its possible? almost 1.5 million nairalanders #fact.

R.I.p to the dead. This is an horrible way to die.

The Just shall live by faith. What you believe in is what you see. I believe what that post said.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by Sheikhmd007(m): 11:30am On Dec 25, 2015
May Lord reward then according to their work.
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by ezigr8(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
RIP to d dead...God let ur protection b round us
Re: 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion by uchesa(m): 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
May the family of the deceased be consoled by the lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coup Money Channelled Through Nigeria - Turkish Newspaper / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki / Mike Smith on Twitter: "Nigerian Police Are So Friendly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.