Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Zain Up For Sale Again! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain Up For Sale Again! (9555 Views)

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by crescent(f): 8:08am On Jun 12, 2009
what can someone say, but i believed if this change-over again is good for business let then roll the ball game and a new name be given to the new baby
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by smooooooth: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2009
i dnt know why the back & forth palava. its obvious the big guys have taken the biz, they shld sell to glo or mtn, if they want a lasting solution.
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by solajacobs(m): 11:11am On Jun 12, 2009
The new buyer of zain is VIVANDI
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by lynxnoon(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2009
[b]NOT AGAIN!!![/b] (wat wud be dia name dis time, undecided grin)
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by Chaoga: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2009
They are nothin but failure! Transcorp might be interested in buying sha tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaikama(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2009
Again!!!!!!!!!!!!! naija dem dey take rubbish no be small cry
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by pek(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2009
if they change their name again, they should go into the Guiness book of Records.
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaikama(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2009
Again!!!!!!!!!!!!! naija dem dey take rubbish no be small  cry
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by pek(m): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2009
if they change their name again, they should go into the Guiness book of Records.
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by smileskiss(f): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2009
I assure u guys, if the new buyer of Zain is Orange, it can really make it.
Orange Nigeria, yes we can.
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by smileskiss(f): 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2009
Orange Nigeria, yes we can. grin grin grin
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by Fadajasi(m): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2009
I heard vivendi network in france is the top buyer
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by Fadajasi(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2009
I heard vivendi network in france is the top buyer
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by smileskiss(f): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
Orange Nigeria, yes we can. grin grin grin
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by infobox: 12:47am On Jun 13, 2009
They should keep changing. And how can the spokesman for Zain is saying he's not aware. Political gimmick. The new CBN governor SLS b4 assuming office said he was not aware. Na big lie. This could be the reason why Zain cut down some workers and are now outsourcing some positions on contract term. They think say Naija no dey see? We don analyze every, shine light for the fowl nyash come see say em get small, They would change soon. Hopefully b4 the end of the yr. So all Zain Subscribers, prepare to meet your new step-, grin
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by honsule(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2009
infobox:

So all Zain Subscribers, prepare to meet your new step-, grin

grin grin grin grin if browsin will be free, no cause for alarm
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by tobaina: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2009
@honsule. You just spoke my mind. That is just my concern. They can change name or even rebrand as much as possible as long as browsing would b free. Nothing do them
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by tobaina: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2009
@honsule. You just spoke my mind. That is just my concern. They can change name or even rebrand as much as possible as long as browsing would b free. Nothing do them
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2009
Dem be ashawo. let them keep selling theselves to the highest bidder.
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by deor03(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2009
1st Step= They outsourced their IT and customer service
2nd Step= They sacked 300 staff
3rd Step = They outsourced their Technical to Ericsson

Now that they have a handful of staff; they are now selling @ 12million Dollars,

These guys are just smart
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by mbulela: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2009
GSM operator, Zain Nigeria, may soon face another re-branding challenge in the wake of serious talks between its parent company, Kuwaiti Zain Group and French telecom firm, Vivendi, to buy the African operations of the Zain Group.
SFR is a 56 percent subsidiary of Vivendi, the second-largest telecommunications operator in France.
In 2008, SFR finalised its merger with Neuf Cegetel, thus creating the second-ranking global operator in France. With 19.7 million mobile customers and 3.9 million high-speed Internet customers, the new SFR – created from the merger between SFR and Neuf Cegetel – is the leading alternative mobile and fixed-line operator in Europe, offering solutions tailored to the needs of individuals, companies and operators.

This new arrangement will be a driving force in terms of innovation, development of new services, convergent solutions and deployment of very-high-speed fixed-line (fibre-optic) and mobile (3G+) networks to better serve consumers.
As the owner of its network infrastructure and with the benefit of expertise in the Internet, it has all the necessary resources to develop its leadership in terms of innovation and quality of service.
Maroc Telecom is a 53 percent subsidiary of Vivendi, with operations covering mobile, fixed-line and Internet access services. Listed on the Casablanca and Paris stock exchanges, Maroc Telecom also holds 51 percent of the historical operators of Mauritania (Mauritel), Burkina Faso (Onatel) and Gabon (Gabon Telecom).
The Group is firmly committed to international development and is currently established in six countries.
Groupe Canal+, a 100 percent Vivendi subsidiary, the largest French premium and theme channels producer and paid TV offerings distributor, with 10.6 million subscribers; it is also a major player in France and Europe in film production and distribution.
Zain Nigeria, which had in the past seven years being owned by different operators and had changed names severally, transformed from Econet, Vodacom, V-mobile, Celtel to Zain.
Celtel was founded by Sudanese-born Mo Ibrahim in 1998 and sold to Kuwait’s MTC (now Zain) in April 2005 for $3.4 billion.
Zain is waiting for reply from the French company, this week, and if the deal isn’t settled it will study bids made by other companies.
No reason was given for why Zain is looking to sell the African division.
The Kuwait based network operates in 16 African countries and seven in the Middle East. Its African operations comprise Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Sierra-Leone, Malawi, Chad, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, Madagascar, Kenya, Uganda, Niger, and Gabon, among others.
If the ongoing talks to sell Zain’s Africa operations succeed, indications are that the brand name will change.
This may have particularly far reaching effects for the network in its Nigeria operations as it has re-branded too many times.
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by Fadajasi(m): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2009
Make dem re brand am sharp sharp
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by oldtime(m): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2009
The issue with the change of name has become so embarrassing, the network has lost over 2Million subscribers from this inconsistency, the new owners of the Business MTC group from Kuwait have uncovered billion dollars fraud by Nigerian who opened several private accounts to defraud the company, The lease of Banana Island office, the wastage in the name of Branding, the inefficiency of engineers, has resulted to a huge loss for the company and these players have seen the depth of rot perpetrated by some Nigerian in the company
They cannot cope just the way MO was unable to withstand the corruption in Zain,
They started selling at auction the assets of the company to recoup their capital and they cut down on the staff strength to make more money obviously they were also misguided as they were hitting wrongly
The secret of the woes of Econet, Vodacom, V-mobile, Celtel, Zain and the unknown Buyers either from France or India or your Village are NIGERIANS in whose veins corruption is entrenched
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by oldtime(m): 1:35am On Jun 14, 2009
The issue with the change of name has become so embarrassing, the network has lost over 2Million subscribers from this inconsistency, the new owners of the Business MTC group from Kuwait have uncovered billion dollars fraud by Nigerian who opened several private accounts to defraud the company, The lease of Banana Island office, the wastage in the name of Branding, the inefficiency of engineers, has resulted to a huge loss for the company and these players have seen the depth of rot perpetrated by some Nigerian in the company
They cannot cope just the way MO was unable to withstand the corruption in Zain,
They started selling at auction the assets of the company to recoup their capital and they cut down on the staff strength to make more money obviously they were also misguided as they were hitting wrongly
The secret of the woes of Econet, Vodacom, V-mobile, Celtel, Zain and the unknown Buyers either from France or India or your Village are NIGERIANS in whose veins corruption is entrenched
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaechijay: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2009
I guess they want to win award for "The Most Inconsistent Company in Nigeria"

A company that sacked 300 abi 450 workers in one day, and still counting

I was present in one of their regional offices the day they were issuing the sack letters, it was like a funeral

Damn!!!
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaechijay: 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2009

I was present in one of their regional offices the day they were issuing the sack letters, it was like a funeral

Damn!!!
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaechijay: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2009

Damn!!!
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaechijay: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2009

Damn!!!
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by amaechijay: 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2009

Damn!!!
Re: Zain Up For Sale Again! by cabali(m): 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
oldtime:

Is there something we should know more? Like what department of Zain do u work. . . U sould like a typically disgruntled member of staff grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Remove Snapchat Best Friends / SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years / AT&T Phone!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.