Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story (28420 Views)

IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. / FUT Minna Expels 700 Students Over Poor Academics Performance / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jchi9876: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
fearlesschicken:

Gbam!!!! Someone give this sister a drink!

Seriously, I was expecting more from his post. Feels more like he was just telling us more of his accomplishment. #myopinion

no accomplishment!! it is basically a cock and bull story

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm not having a hard time with my academics'.....i simply hate MATHEMATICS
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by fearlesschicken: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jchi9876:

no accomplishment!! it is basically a cock and bull story

Lol! Seriously! We can never tell actually.

Apart from that, I don't see how his message is encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
how did u apply for funding in Canada and the University currently funding u please let us know so we can apply too.. #Shalom
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Deesquare01(m): 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Wow... Inspiring
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by efficiencie(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is a testimony to the awesomeness of determination and gruesomeness of the failures who parade themselves as teachers, Senior Lecturers, Professors, HODs, Deans and VCs...these failures are the reasons our Universities turn out failures as graduates in large numbers...the OP was privileged to have a Dad with the financial wherewithal to finance a transfer and start over and i can guess only about 5% of his mates in the same predicament have the same opportunity...No wonder, in the church, government, family and other institutions the population of failures trumps all others...The scriptures are clear:

Isaiah 43:27-28

Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me.Therefore I have profaned the princes of the sanctuary, and have given Jacob to the curse, and Israel to reproaches.

Now we see the reason why most of our politics, economy, schools, families and businesses appear cursed with reproaches...the TEACHERS have TRANSGRESSED!

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin If you check my posts, you will observe that...my story about my academic travails was first a reply to i will kill myself on wednesday thread sometimes ago. I just felt why not make it a proper post and make alot of people benefit from my experience. Lol it is not my story originally for real yet some people remember me from travel thread. Bro or sister it is easy to know if someone is fabricating stories here. Just check through the person's posts over time. It is as simple as that. I dont know what exactly you want to know.........i havent reply some mentions most especially those about the scholarship thing. I will reply them now. I have alot of pm's to reply as well . Peace!
Jchi9876:
your stories do not add up!!
the super story you posted

https://www.nairaland.com/2432779/funny-jjc-experience-canada

is not originally your story and you seem to be evasive about so many questions asked.

your story in short na real Jengbetiele

2 Likes

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Joeyy(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Such an inspiring story. Change your mindset and rule your world!
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
Phinity318:
how did u apply for funding in Canada and the University currently funding u please let us know so we can apply too.. #Shalom
Most universities here have funding especially for graduate programs. When you are applying for a master's degree admisson here, there are bascically two routes to the same program. The first is a thesis route or research based while the second is a project route. Since thesis route involves alot of research, you are funded for the entire duration of the studies. The funding will cover everything and may also be given a research assistant or teaching assistant role. Normally for thesis route, you take four to five courses in the first year and the second year is for your research. If you are interested in a phd, thesis route is highly recommended. But if you want to go by thesis, you have to secure a professor willing to supervise you....this is where the big deal is. Getting them is no easy. You need to write a detailed and catchy proposal and that proposal must align with the research interests of your proposed supervisor. Without a supervisor, you wont be admitted for a thesis based masters degree. For a project based masters, you take 6 to 8 courses in all and you do a not too big project. I hope i have answered your question. Merci

5 Likes

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
Linqsz:
We are in the same boat grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by ColeworldMD(m): 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what? I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if I had committed suicide then? Would I have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What I am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.
I'm happy for you. It's not easy but with determination & motivation it can be done. Pls how can we apply for the scholarship? Thank you
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jchi9876: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:
grin grin grin grin If you check my posts, you will observe that...my story about my academic travails was first a reply to i will kill myself on wednesday thread sometimes ago. I just felt why not make it a proper post and make alot of people benefit from my experience. Lol it is not my story originally for real yet some people remember me from travel thread. Bro or sister it is easy to know if someone is fabricating stories here. Just check through the person's posts over time. It is as simple as that. I dont know what exactly you want to know.........i havent reply some mentions most especially those about the scholarship thing. I will reply them now. I have alot of pm's to reply as well . Peace!

Beautiful! So if your base story as posted in link

is not your true life original and personal story
why should we believe this one?
if you couldnt answer on the spot questions as at time it was asked would i be wrong to say any scholarship link( has to be full scholarship) you post is googled and you not a direct beneficiary?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by dammywapes(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Linqsz:
same
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
What do you want to know?
Jchi9876:

Beautiful! So if your base story as posted in link

is not your true life original and personal story
why should we believe this one?
if you couldnt answer on the spot questions as at time it was asked would i be wrong to say any scholarship link( has to be full scholarship) you post is googled and you not a direct beneficiary?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by epistlegcfr: 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
Check
kennynelcon:
Thank God for you.

I am also searching scholarships(fully funded) in Canada, help me with the link.
Thank you.
https://www.usask.ca/
mun.ca
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by adeniyi3971(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
nice piece bro!!! pls can you gimme the univetsities and the scholarship links? thanks - adeniyiademola18@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by covbrand(f): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
Your story gave my spirit a lift. I got into the University at 15 because I was very intelligent and had a slightly plump figure. My first year was excellent (I also read SLT). Even though the department wasn't accredited yet, but as time went on I began to lose interest and started losing my good grades. I graduated this year with a 2'2. My family thinks its a 2'1,and they would be so disappointed to find out. That's why am working tooth and nail to correct my mistake. Was thinking of taking professional courses in public relations.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by sage10pm(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

I just have a feeling this may be useful here for some categories of students. Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program I was enrolled into was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science avidly disliked everything about the program. It was called SLT then.

Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what I am saying. My dad happened to be a staff of the University, so I told him about the poor grades, everything I heard about the program and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students don’t want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so I kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level (final year) then with a lot of carry over courses.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. It was so worse that from 300level, you can be so sure you are already a spill over student. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when I complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how I took my transcript using his influence. I was the first person ever and possibly the last person to get a transcript from the program. I returned to 200level in another school entirely when I ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti state University and as a result, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when I got to the new school, my own younger brother who I happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, I sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to be one of the best students in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though I wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons I learnt?

From that day onward, I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, I began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that I had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters with a bit of dedication and I ended finishing top 5 out of the class

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what? I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if I had committed suicide then? Would I have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What I am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about coming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. My brothers and sisters, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!
so touchy to b honest bt would need ur help concerning d scholarship program in Canada. I mean d process n procedure. dis is my email sage10pm@yahoo.com tanks
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

I just have a feeling this may be useful here for some categories of students. Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program I was enrolled into was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science avidly disliked everything about the program. It was called SLT then.

Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what I am saying. My dad happened to be a staff of the University, so I told him about the poor grades, everything I heard about the program and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students don’t want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so I kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level (final year) then with a lot of carry over courses.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. It was so worse that from 300level, you can be so sure you are already a spill over student. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when I complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how I took my transcript using his influence. I was the first person ever and possibly the last person to get a transcript from the program. I returned to 200level in another school entirely when I ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti state University and as a result, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when I got to the new school, my own younger brother who I happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, I sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to be one of the best students in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though I wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons I learnt?

From that day onward, I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, I began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that I had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters with a bit of dedication and I ended finishing top 5 out of the class

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about coming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. My brothers and sisters, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!
op.. Whabbout those who can't have a second chance because of lack of funds? Or those whose parents cant do the ginger for them ni?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by odizeey(m): 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
fearlesschicken:

Gbam!!!! Someone give this sister a drink!

Seriously, I was expecting more from his post. Feels more like he was just telling us more of his accomplishment. #myopinion
naso o. I was expecting d normal NL trolling. But I got disappointed, I was waiting for steps,n I saw 'i sat down and thought' na thinking dey mk U successful?

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Profeme: 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jchi9876:
your stories do not add up!!
the super story you posted

is not originally your story and you seem to be evasive about so many questions asked.

your story in short na real Jengbetiele
Yes, I seem to agree with you. He never answered the questions posed to him on the "JJC story". Secondly, this is not the first time I'm reading this story on nairaland but I don't have the link to the previous one.

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Oyetboy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
Gentleveks:
THIS IS IT!! i love this i swear, i am always on tears any time i remember that i will be writting jamb for the 5th time but the worst is with my junior sister who i gave 3years in age. Thanks for motivating me this morning merry chrismax to you!
i know how that feels... i took jamb four times now I'm a student of one of the best and most sought after university in the country.

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by onowu007(m): 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
Check this out and thank me later.......www.opportunitiesforafricans.com
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Profeme: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Most universities here have funding especially for graduate programs. When you are applying for a master's degree admisson here, there are bascically two routes to the same program. The first is a thesis route or research based while the second is a project route. Since thesis route involves alot of research, you are funded for the entire duration of the studies. The funding will cover everything and may also be given a research assistant or teaching assistant role. Normally for thesis route, you take four to five courses in the first year and the second year is for your research. If you are interested in a phd, thesis route is highly recommended. But if you want to go by thesis, you have to secure a professor willing to supervise you....this is where the big deal is. Getting them is no easy. You need to write a detailed and catchy proposal and that proposal must align with the research interests of your proposed supervisor. Without a supervisor, you wont be admitted for a thesis based masters degree. For a project based masters, you take 6 to 8 courses in all and you do a not too big project. I hope i have answered your question. Merci
OK. Thanks for clearing the air and answering the questions. This will hep any person interested in applying for scholarship.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
The pleasure is mutual. The replies were too many than a normal lazy me can handle. I have typically murdered sleep since yesterday. The pleasure is mutual though. Thank you too.
Profeme:
OK. Thanks for clearing the air and answering the questions. This will hep any person interested in applying for scholarship.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
covbrand:
Your story gave my spirit a lift. I got into the University at 15 because I was very intelligent and had a slightly plump figure. My first year was excellent (I also read SLT). Even though the department wasn't accredited yet, but as time went on I began to lose interest and started losing my good grades. I graduated this year with a 2'2. My family thinks its a 2'1,and they would be so disappointed to find out. That's why am working tooth and nail to correct my mistake. Was thinking of taking professional courses in public relations.
Wowww SLT? University of Ado-Ekiti?? That same program...
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Bowaley17(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmm... Life is so funny. Imagine those folks that will always seek your assistance in the exam hall back in your secondary school day are now have a year or two more to their finals. While you are still fighting for a place on the admission list.
Have written JAMB thrice,the lowest score is 198. I met the cut-off marks of all the institutions i sat for,but fate has its way.
Thank God this year,Kwarapoly gave me a PT program to study Accountancy. I accepted it. Who am I to decline the offer?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jchi9876: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:
What do you want to know?

what do i wanna know lol

it should be other way round bro
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by epistlegcfr: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
Yes but still it is never about how far but how well. When i was going through my travails, I nearly dropped out of school. I wish i have someone who went to University of Ado Ekiti and entered that same program in 2005/2006. Many potentials were buried, my best friend dropped out and never went back to school. Even though he had the means he was just purely frustrated. Sometimes lecturers would come to the class like this and call us unfortunate students. I remembered one specifically said we are set of unambitous student.....they scorn us they mock us. Even the fellow students called us names. But see what God has done for us. So its never the final yet. Just make sure you make the best use of your time where you are currently. You will be surprised where you will find yourself in the next 5 years. I am certain you will look back at smile at all these current tides and waves. Goodluck
Bowaley17:
Hmmm... Life is so funny. Imagine those folks that will always seek your assistance in the exam hall back in your secondary school day are now have a year or two more to their finals. While you are still fighting for a place on the admission list.
Have written JAMB thrice,the lowest score is 198. I met the cut-off marks of all the institutions i sat for,but fate has its way.
Thank God this year,Kwarapoly gave me a PT program to study Accountancy. I accepted it. Who am I to decline the offer?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by tataiwo09(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
I am happy for you bro....help a soul too bro...give me school's links dt offer postgraduate scholarship..I studied urban and regional planning....babalolataiwoo@gmail.com
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by charmingfrank(m): 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
Well! Different strokes for different folks! So many of ur unapproved SLT course mate dint ave d opportunity dat u had! Who knows wat has befallen dem now? Well am a student of Ekiti state University currently in my 300l Philosophy to be precise! Is not easy though but there ave never been a past semester dat is better dan d present! Stay focus strive and Hit it harder my motto! Congrat to u! Joining u soon over there! 1luv
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by covbrand(f): 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Wowww SLT? University of Ado-Ekiti?? That same program...
not ado ekiti.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In 400 Level But No Admission Letter / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.