Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

[goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started (841 Views)

As A Guy, How Do You Handle A Woman Who Is Not Impressed By Money? / A Lonely Lady's Bad Prayer For Valentine Lovers Tomorrow / Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started by gab264(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
HI GUYS I HAVE SOME TOPICS CONCERNING MY PERSONAL LIFE, WHICH I HAVE SHARED WITH YOU GUY BEFORE,,,,,BUT THIS TIME I REALLY NEED A TURN AROUND FOR GOOD.

STORY

I've always been a shy guy and social situations have never been my strong point. However, when I growing up (pre-teen years) I was more bubbly,Introverts, laughed more and just happier in general. The reasons for this was that besides being a typical care-free child, I had a life in that I had some friends and always had a best friend. I even recall being friendly with some girls in my class when I was around 10 - 11 in that I'd ask them if they liked me and had the types of interactions with them that were typical of other boys my age.

Unfortunately things started going pear shaped from my secondary school. It's hard to put a finger on any one factor but there are several that I've identified. For one, most of my friends went to a different secondary schools and so suddenly I found myself in a new group with only a couple of friends from my old school. At first things went ok but I never really felt like I fitted in.

The other thing being I hit puberty early so I became quite self-conscious and other boys, including so called friends, began picking on me due to this and also due to being an easy target in that I couldn't stand up for myself.

From middle in my secondary school this got worse that my 'friends' began to pick on me pretty much on a daily basis. It was never physical but silly mind game type bullying such as giving me the silent treatment and throwing my stuff around. As a result of this I became increasingly withdrawn from society and became quite an anxious/tense person. I was so ashamed, that I didn't tell any of my teachers or parents that this was happening, I guess that like most bullying victims I somehow believed it was my fault. I considered leaving this group or even joining another school but I didn't as I was afraid that I'd be stuck on my own as I didn't believe I could make friends and didn't trust people much either.
Eventually towards the end of my sec school I joined some group of friends, i still didn't really fit in but at least they didn't pick on me.

In my 17, I realized this approach wasn't what I wanted out of life so I decided to try some new things. I've tried taking some martial arts [hurt my legs in the process wink] dancing lessons and going to the gym, with my main goals being to make friends, get fit and hopefully meet a nice girl grin. While I managed to improve my fitness, unfortunately I failed to achieve my other goals. Perhaps it's been so long since I've had any friends that I've forgotten how to interact with people around my age, I don't know, but somehow I just can't seem to make any friends. In my situation, my opportunities to meet girls have been quite limited and since I'm the kind of guy that you'd need to know for a while to truly appreciate my qualities, as I'm not great at first impressions, you can see why I've never had a gf, but I haven't even been on a date! I've tried internet dating but was so overwhelmed by the (lack of) responses that I've decided I'll have to stick to meeting someone in person, but I don't know how this is going to happen...

It's hard feeling lonely, especially feeling like you're the only guy who can't find a girl when it seems like everyone you know is already involved with someone and especially painful for me if I see a couple around my age being intimate in public, as I want more than anything else in this world to have someone to love. I'd like to play some tennis socially or even something like volleyball or touch footy, anything really that's a mixed gender fun group activity but can't seem to find anything around my area. I know that if I can find a group hobby I'd enjoy, my self esteem/confidence would improve as not having any friends has geared my interests towards solo based activities. Once I can achieve this along with a social life I'm sure this will open up some romantic opportunities also, but it's so frustrating not being able to find something to do that I'd enjoy!

COME 2016, I WILL DEFINITELY SHOW OFF MY FIRST AND MY NEW GF TO YOU GUYS cheesy cheesy SHE MIGHT BE A FEMALE ROMANCELANDER.

HAPPIE XMASS EVE AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.......

REGARDS.....

1 Like

Re: [goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started by feran15(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
being an introvert is overrated abeg. please stop singing it up and down
Re: [goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started by acenazt: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Come on guy don't give me d introvert crap. I got girls flocking
Re: [goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started by benELOHIM7(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
No its not smiley mine is so bad I've had a lot of people (supposed friends) but I still cant say any is my friend. Quite a number of girls that I dated (had the patience of understand me) professed I had a beautiful persona. Thing is introverts are innately overtly nice so people misconstrue their niceness for weakness and tend to exploit them. It is very natural that such put up a wall around them.

op you were outgoing at childhood because u had an innocent heart and u dealt with people of like minds (children like you). U probably grew with that beautiful mind oblivious of the fact that your peers had acquired another orientation about life. Its a cold world man.

My advice is be who you are. Eventually u will meet one or two who understands you.
feran15:
being an introvert is overrated abeg. please stop singing it up and down
Re: [goodlooking] But A Lonely Guy, How It All Started by feran15(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
benELOHIM7:
No its not smiley mine is so bad I've had a lot of people (supposed friends) but I still cant say any is my friend. Quite a number of girls that I dated (had the patience of understand me) professed I had a beautiful persona. Thing is introverts are innately overtly nice so people misconstrue their niceness for weakness and tend to exploit them. It is very natural that such put up a wall around them.

op you were outgoing at childhood because u had an innocent heart and u dealt with people of like minds (children like you). U probably grew with that beautiful mind oblivious of the fact that your peers had acquired another orientation about life. Its a cold world man.

My advice is be who you are. Eventually u will meet one or two who understands you.
yes sa

(1) (Reply)

See how Christmas Day In Badagry,Nigeria Looks Like In 1923 And Now 2015 (photo) / What Should His Wife Do? / Hillarious PIX. PYO, Do Something Oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.