Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 (45557 Views)

NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January- Channels TV / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by wristbangle: 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Saurab:

What analysis? I just what is the current average price of PMS around the world?

I thought u asked that of crude oil.

Dunno of PMS. Perhaps 30 cents/Litre, am not sure
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by emmygzy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Kingbilo:

Check out this link. It compares petrol prices of many countries including Nigeria in dollars. You'll see petrol here is quite cheap although it could be cheaper.

http://www.kshitij.com/research/petrol.shtml

Remember also that you can't directly relate the price of oil with the price of petrol. Oil price halving doesn't mean petrol price should halve also. After all, the cost of refining will remain almost unchanged.
Also, the inflation in the country means no change in the price actually makes petrol cheaper.. That is, if you buy N85 fuel a year ago vs buying it today for the same price, it's actually cheaper today even with FG forex regulations it's a fact.
have you forgotten that Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa? Petrol shldnt be more than 30nairaif not for refining it abroad.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Saurab: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
wristbangle:

I thought u asked that of crude oil.

Dunno of PMS. Perhaps 30 cents/Litre, am not sure

It's around $1. If Nigerians can comfortably get the gasoline at $0.42(which less than half of the average global price of gasoline) without subsidy that's a wonderful news. What I really doubt is the availability in Nigeria cause no country around Nigeria sell it for less that $0.60 while some countries like Mali and Niger sells it above the average price. There are tendency it will get smuggle out.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by emmygzy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
noblegrex:
Wailers..fuc*k all yor
APC robot. Even if Buhari slap you, you won't complain because you're a robot.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by godwin120alex: 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hahahahaha was laughing with my cousin a supporter of APC when we saw d news cos we knew dat is a total deceipt. How can u remove subsidy and peg d price of fuel instead of forces of dd and ss controlling d price.Even if d info is true d govt will only do it for few days or a month and d price will skyrocket. If I can remember very well GEJ gave removed N2.00 from d price of fuel during d campaign period and d likes of Ghenga Adeyinka d comedian came out dat d N2.00 is not d change we want. Pls I need to see those wonderful pple including Tam David West ,God will judge u for all ur lies and hypocrisy.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by hush15: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
AceJam:
GBAM!
Pa Tam David west has gone deaf and dumb. grin grin

Don't mind the heediot of a man.... thunder fire him where ever he is ... hypocrites.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Kingbilo(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
emmygzy:
have you forgotten that Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa? Petrol shldnt be more than 30nairaif not for refining it abroad.

Please check petrol prices on that link. Even Saudi Arabia. Largest oil producer in the world cannot sell petrol at N30 per liter.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by 989900: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
A stronger Naira would have ensured the price goes below N50/litre, especially if we had our refineries running.

N85 and no subsidy = acceptable.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by excellentmomma(f): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:
Where is Prof Tam David West who during Jonathan's era said that petrol should not sell above #40 per litre.

Why is he quiet.?

I hope he has not eaten Cocoa yam abi na Yam.? angry

Come out and explain to us oooooo angry

He was lobbying to be Petroleum Minister, but as he was dumped totally, if na u nko? grin cheesy
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by koladebrainiac(m): 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Amberon:
Compound fool.... compare the price of petrol in Nigeria with that of other world's top crude oil exporters. dunce!! Even countries with zero drop of oil sell cheaper petrol.
jeez are u this dumb?
Ok let me explain it to u like a baby.
Take naira to market and go n import fuel at that opec price.
You spend more money buying barrel of fuel in the market.
Nigeria still imports refined fuel so get that. Its not stone that they use in buying those fuel. As long as our naira is taking bashing feom dollar-imporr product would still be at high cost. Shey u undersrand
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by olumide4christ: 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
ajebuter:

Ode! When it still takes 3 days to queue to buy at at 120 here in the heart of Lagos.

Who cares how much it is sold?

What i care about is for it to be available even if it is above pump price since that is the order of the day, even with 'kwaruftion fighting'

The operative word here in AVAILABILITY

Amukumeko!

Are you still buying fuel at N120 in the heart of Lagos?? Where do you live sef?? Because despite all this fuel scarcity, I have never bought above N87/litre this year.

I queue for maximum of 1 and a half hours and minimum of 10 mins and I buy for N87/litre from the popular filling stations like TOTAL, MOBIL, FORTE OIL & NIPCO around Gbagada, Surulere, Mobolaji Bank-Anthony & Ikorodu rd. These filling stations will not sell above pump price becos of their reputation. Infact, I bought last on 23rd December at Mobil on Moloney street at Lagos Island, queued for only 10 mins and bought at N87.

THose who say they are buying at N120 or N140 in Lagos must be buying from those 'mushroom' filling stations with no reputation to defend or from black marketers.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ajebuter(f): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
olumide4christ:

Are you still buying fuel at N120 in the heart of Lagos?? Where do you live sef?? Because despite all this fuel scarcity, I have never bought above N87/litre this year.

I queue for maximum of 1 and a half hours and minimum of 10 mins and I buy for N87/litre from the popular filling stations like TOTAL, MOBIL, FORTE OIL & NIPCO around Gbagada, Surulere, Mobolaji Bank-Anthony & Ikorodu rd. These filling stations will not sell above pump price becos of their reputation. Infact, I bought last on 23rd December at Mobil on Moloney street at Lagos Island, queued for only 10 mins and bought at N87.

THose who say they are buying at N120 or N140 in Lagos must be buying from those 'mushroom' filling stations with no reputation to defend or from black marketers.

To ba tan ara e tan, so fun mi.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by swezenberg(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
Amberon:
I'm telling you what I know. invariably you're the wailer here. I was in California last year and I'd be moving there round 2nd week of January. Last year, the government or the regulating body or whatever slashed the price of gas by about a third the normal price. if you didn't notice this, then you obviously aren't in America.

I live in US and you only pay visits. Government does not control the price of gasoline here like it's done in Nigeria. Price of gas is controlled by various market forces which allows different marketers to sell at different prices. We do not have same price as it is in Nigeria. You can get it for $2.05 in this county and get it for 2.99 in another county. You can read it up here so that your arrogance and ignorance can be trimmed down (http://www.businessinsider.com/factors-that-determine-gas-price-2012-5). I work in the oil and gas sector here so stop making a fool of yourself on a public forum
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by noblegrex: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
emmygzy:
APC robot. Even if Buhari slap you, you won't complain because you're a robot.
yeah Dumbo,I'm here,got no reason to say a thing. I'll rather be an APC robot for a good course than to be a wish-washy in the camp of failures that's got no prosperous and profitable plan.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by samazeezat(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
Amberon:
Fool. continue living in mediocrity. that's why the govt continues to do whatever pleases them. Cuz people like you will never see something wrong.
sorry for your parents because they gave birth to a fool like you.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by bravehost4u(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2023
wristbangle:
It has been predicted that in 2016, oil price at international market will fall to $20 per barrel.

If N2 could only be the difference as the present oil price is $36 against when it was brought low to N87 at $67 per barrel, then this current government are chronic thieves.

If we do the analysis well, 1 barrel is approximate to 120L, then the cost of 1 litre = $3.33 or N656.67.

1.72 percent of PMS can be seen in 1 litre of crude oil, therefore the price of PMS = N11.29.

Operating cost per litre = N10
Logistics| import duty =N9
Labour = N8
=

Total Cost of Petrol per litre = N42 (approx)

Please how come did they say it will be sold @ N85
more interesting times are here now
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ideynl1: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
APC is the biggest thieving party in the world.

Full of failures.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Says Edo Central, Forgets He's In Ondo / "We Hid In The Bush", Witness Speaks On Attack On Buhari’s Convoy / APC Senator-elect, Shehu Sani, Cautions Buhari On ‘first Lady’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.