Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events (3196 Views)

OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab / Muric To Hold A Press Conference On Firdaus Amasa's Hijab Saga / Nike Pro Hijab For Performance Athletes (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
Covering of one's hair is almost a normal thing among women and few men due to religion. But as random as it is their are religions that feel covering of the hair is a must do. THE MUSLIMS Covering of is very common among the Muslim women by the hijabs or scarfs. On that not we are show casing pictures how you can cover your hair and still stay trendy. [ 97 more words. ]
https://mamatrendy./2015/12/25/4ways-to-cover-your-hair-and-stay-trendy/

1 Like

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dhateeboi(m): 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
these ain't hijab, are they?

1 Like

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by abdrazak: 12:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
dhateeboi:
these ain't hijab, are they?
Sincerely, they are not.

Muslim/Muslimah do mis-interpret differences between Hijab, Scarf, Head-tie, and Cave.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
rubbish.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Empiree: 1:54am On Dec 27, 2015
dragnet:
rubbish.
grin grin
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by ayinba1(f): 4:13am On Dec 27, 2015
A scarf over ones head may not necessarily translate to hijab. All the same, whomever strives to wear it for Allah's sake, it will be accepted based on the intention.

May Allah make it easy. If the intention is however to look snazzy and cute, then the results are instant. The lady does look snazzy and cute.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2015
is it the head that's meant to be covered or the body? that's the misconception trailing all these actions.
and both action & intention have to be right. if the action isn't right, the intention is useless. that's why Allaah always mentions "those who believe & work in righteous ways" and not just those who believe.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by ayinba1(f): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
Islam is a path, not a destination. Not one of us here was born with a niqab or a full length beard. So I say if a sister is striving for Allah's pleasure and starts off with a scarf that does not cover her body, and her reason is solely for Allah's pleasure, we are not in a position to throw her actions into a trash can. That decision is for The One who sees the heart.
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
The texts are clear. why would someone chose what is inferior for what is best ? except in extreme cases of persecution, there are no excuses. and even in such cases migration is allowed.
the first thing one should think of is, can you defend that position before Allaah? is there really no way out? and Allaah never burdens a slave with that which.is beyond it's capability.
no matter the level of striving, a scarf is worthless, in fact it is of no value. did anyone ever hear any injunction regarding scarf or covering the head? the directive is to cover the whole body because the awrah of the female is the whole body. so nobody has no right to give a thumbsup to a scarf. that means the one wearing a wig can also be appreciated abi? the head is covered na?
or One can drink alcohol with good intention?
#the texts are clear, nobody has any right to lower the standards.
and my post shouldn't be misconstrued that I'm against those struggling, No. We'll keep praying that Allaah ease the task for us all because no one can claim to be the ultimate Muslim yet but we should also be sincere to ourselves. these things are seemingly difficult for us because of the level & importance with which we handle our deen & the pedestal on which we have placed our Creator. We allow competition between Him and our desires, our friends, bosses, colleagues & other creatures.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
islam is a path, not a destination? all those are just puns.
Islam is a religion which entails submission to the will of the Creator. and adjust our lives to fit islaam & not adjusting islaam to fit our lives.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
and here's a blogger trying to earn stipends from broadcasting a way of disobedience to Allaah.
. Allaahulmusta'aan
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Empiree: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
I agree with dragnet. Good to know he recognizes 'struggling' part. We need to consider the fact that we aren't in the same levels of iman. Some Muslims have the gut to dress and spice it up (Islamic appearance) and they are like that everyday and anywhere...ma sha Allah. 1st picture

There are also those who dress up like that or close to that ONLY when they come to masjid. On their way to and from masjid, they hide their gown in their bag. They put it on in wudu area or masjid. On their daily errands, they either dress western style with "hijab" like op or some other loose garment. They dont mind walking around in their loose garments with some sort of fashion hijab. 2nd picture

Second option are usually found in the West. Do we blame them?. Absolutely not. Considering this moment in the world where muslims, especially women are being marginalized, some of them get scared of being attacked by hood-rats, hoodlums etc. I have seen one in NYC, a white lady, after we finished Ju'mah, she was walking to trains station in front of me with full Abaya and complete hijab. She removed it while walking and put them in her hand bag.

Alongside her were about 5 women in the same type of dress. They arent bothered at all. They walked with confidence. They saw her too.

So yes, it comes down to niyat like that. I swear when that white girl took off her Abaya, she had mini skirt and top. Believe me, i dont blame her. In environment like US, her White counterparts would have said all sorts of stupid, silly things to her. We can only hope for the best for them. I like many Arab and traditional African women when it comes to this. They don't care. They walk around with full loose Abaya. The reason is it has become their custom.

We can only give them nasiha. There is nothing to force or condemn them. That is too harsh. At least they are trying.

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by ayinba1(f): 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
As Salam alaykum warahmatullah wa barakat. My description of Islam as a path is not a pun. It is a "way" which means you continue to strive. It is utterly disappointing that you would compare this to saying it's okay to drink alcohol when it is expressly forbidden by Allah. I believe every muslim/muslimah has the right to strive, and as you strive, it is expected that you will improve.
I still strongly believe that I am in no position, neither are you actually, to toss anyone's actions in the dumpster. May Allah ease our affairs and keep us firm in His path. And make our efforts acceptable to Him, ameen.
It is good to encourage one another with kindness and wisdom. Allah knows best.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Empiree: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
^ walaikum Salaam waramotullahi wabarakat. That's just it. Clear enough.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
ayinba1:
As Salam alaykum warahmatullah wa barakat. My description of Islam as a path is not a pun. It is a "way" which means you continue to strive. It is utterly disappointing that you would compare this to saying it's okay to drink alcohol when it is expressly forbidden by Allah . I believe every muslim/muslimah has the right to strive, and as you strive, it is expected that you will improve.
I still strongly believe that I am in no position, neither are you actually, to toss anyone's actions in the dumpster. May Allah ease our affairs and keep us firm in His path. And make our efforts acceptable to Him, ameen.
It is good to encourage one another with kindness and wisdom. Allah knows best.

I really had to quote you this time,
Just as you know that alcohol is expressly forbidden, thats the same way that Allaah has totally forbidden the muslim women to not cover their bodies, remember suratu Nur vs 31?

Surah Al-Ahzaab, Verse #59
‘O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks ("Jalabib"wink veils all over their bodies (screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way Tafseer Al-Qurtubi) that is most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested: and Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."

Surah An-Nur, Verses #30 and #31
‘And Say to the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head cover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)

and also the prophet said "The whole of a woman is unclothedness" , so you see why covering is waajib?
remember this hadeeth?
."Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "There are two types of people who will be punished in Hell and whom I have not seen: men having whips like the tails of cows and they will be beating people with them, and, women who will be dressed but appear to be naked, inviting to evil; and they themselves will be inclined to it. Their heads will appear like the humps of the Bactrian camel inclined to one side. They will not enter Jannah and they will not smell its fragrance which is perceptible from such and such a distance. "
[Muslim].

and also in an authentic hadeeth, A’ishah related that Allah’s Messenger said “Allah does not accept the prayer of an adult woman unless she is wearing a Khimar or hijaab.”
All the above are just to show you how important and sacred the act of being covered is, so if a man can't drink palmwine or a lesser grade of alcohol with the intention of striving to stop drinking alcohol, then same applies to the one on scarf, and the intention isn't to condemn, rather, it is only to affirm the rulings and encourage them towards it.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
The explanation of the hadeeth "actions are with intentions" isn't as widely misunderstood by people.
and contrary to what you said earlier, there is a guideline for everything in islaam, so there is a right to say "this action isn't part of islaam".
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
I was actually wondering how we got to this point, and I guess you were reacting to my post "Rubbish".
.is it not indeed Rubbish? or what better response suits the post "Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events" as depicted by the author of the thread?
If He was talking about fashion or the likes, maybe I may have just wandered past the thread. But that one word was my way of showing disapproval of the blunder he commited.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by ayinba1(f): 1:12am On Dec 29, 2015
You are the correct one, brother. Ma salaam
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by busar(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2015
HIJAB FASHION INDUSTRIES
I have never seen ‘hijab” in fashion and “hijab fashion” to
this extent in my life. When I started wearing the hijab,
I remember being looked at with curiosity by many
people who just couldn’t figure out what was that thing
on my head in a sweltering 55-degree Celsius heat!
The only people who understood who I was (i.e a
foreigner Muslim) were the shop owners in Janpath,
New Delhi, India as that area is frequented by foreign
nationals and many of them are from Iran and other
Arab countries.
It was hilarious when they would talk amongst
themselves in Hindi (our national language) to determine
how much to raise the price of what I was looking to
buy. And the look on their faces when I replied in
perfect Hindi? Priceless, I tell you.
Well, 9/11 changed it all for me. I remember somebody
referring to me and my friends as “ Taliban” in Goa
when I went there with my class on a college trip. It
was pretty embarrassing, but well, the youth doesn’t
care. Does it? But, Alhamdulillah, All praise is to
God, the “hijab” has come a long way since that time.
Now, where ever I go, from the most crowded places in
India and overseas to the tiny remote island off the
shore of Canada, I see heads covered with hijab moving
alongside blondes and brunettes and purple streaked heads
and every other color in between.
Another dramatic change that I see around me is a
mushrooming of a “hijab fashion industry” that was non-
existent till some 10 years back. Now, hijab fashion
experts are burning the midnight oil in trying to blend the
latest trends in fashion with “modest Islamic attire”.
They are trying their very best to prove to non-Muslims
and Muslims alike that well, hijabis are as trendy,
cool, hip, smart and fashionable as those who don’t wear
hijab.
All you have to do is type hijab fashion in the Google
search bar and well, you will be bombarded with blogs,
websites, articles, photos and pages dedicated to making
you look hip and happening with a Hijab! And, of
course, let me not forget to mention the endless list of
tutorials on YouTube on how to wear the hijab. They
even have tutorials on the type of makeup that goes with
hijab!
Phew! All that hard work man!
But the question is “Is it all really necessary”? Do we
really need a “hijab fashion industry”? Isn’t it actually
pulling us away from the basic message of hijab, which is
covering ourselves in a way that is not attracting
attention?
When a woman wears a beautiful scarf that compliments
her face and wears layers of makeup, is she actually
fulfilling the requirements of hijab that were set for us by
Allah and His Messenger ?
“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your
daughters and the women of the
believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all
over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves
completely except the eyes or one eye to
see the way). That will be better, that
they should be known (as free
respectable women) so as not to be
annoyed. And Allah is Ever
Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful ” (Al-Ahzab,
33:59)
According to the hadith in Bukhari, “May Allah have
mercy on the Muhaajir women. When Allah revealed the
words “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna
(i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)”, they tore the
thickest of their aprons (a kind of garment) and covered
their faces with them. “
Please, hear me out here. I am not against fashion,
dressing up or makeup. A woman needs to dress up, look
pretty, wear nice clothes and jewelry but not for public
display.
“And tell the believing women to lower
their gaze (from looking at forbidden
things), …..and not to show off their
adornment except only that which is
apparent (like both eyes for necessity to
see the way, or outer palms of hands or
one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head
cover, apron), and to draw their veils all
over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies,
faces, necks and bosoms) and not to
reveal their adornment except to their
husbands, or their fathers, or their
husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their
husband’s sons, or their brothers or their
brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or
their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters
in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom
their right hands possess, or old male
servants who lack vigor, or small
children who have no sense of feminine
sex. And let them not stamp their feet so
as to reveal what they hide of their
adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to
forgive you all, O believers, that you may
be successful” (An Nur 24:31)
I know that sometimes, it is hard not to feel pain or hurt
because of the looks or comments that come our way
when we try to dress up as per the rules set by Allah
. After all we are human, aren’t we? At such
times, these “hijab fashion” posts seem like a gift from
Allah so that we can copy their ideas and look
“cool” and shut these people up.
Right? No, wrong!
This is not right. As Muslims, our sole purpose in life is
to worship Allah as Allah says,
“And I did not create the jinn and
mankind except to worship Me”. (Adh-
Dhariyat 51:57)
When we seek help in these fashion blogs for advice on
how to wear hijab that actually makes us look more
attractive just to quieten these people, we are moving
away from His mercy. Allah has asked us to seek
help through patience and prayer. We don’t need to
resort to hijab fashion posts to help us look beautiful.
We need to move closer to our religion and look for His
approval about the way we do our hijab. At at the end
of the day, it is only Him we seek to please and expect
our reward from.
Of course, we will follow the fashion trends and fads
and go shopping and have fun while doing it (please don’t
forget the dua for entering the market )
but not for public display. There is nothing wrong is
looking neat, clean, tidy and smart. But there is
definitely wrong is wearing things which attract attention
while in public.
http://blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/the-hijab-fashion-industry-its-place-in-islam/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by dragnet: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2015
ayinba1:
You are the correct one, brother. Ma salaam

I hope this isn't sarcasm? I wasn't fighting to be correct. Rather, I was trying to shed light on the texts.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by abuaisha360: 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
The hijaab which Allah commanded last for Muslim women is one size not of various sizes.

The last command on Hijaab is the Jilbaab -an outer garment worn over the customary garments (inner garments). It covers from the head to toes.

Also, compliance with any of the commands of Allah, be it deeds of the heart and hidden or deeds of the limbs and apparent, shows and constitutes piety.

The way it's not possible to leave solaah, an apparent deed of the limb, and say it's not piety as long as you believe within your heart (what a corrupt heart!) that it's compulsory, so also it's not possible to leave the Jilbaab and claim you have piety in the heart.

Piety, taqwah, means compliance with the commandments of Allah and avoidance of His prohibitions.

But as regards the implications from the statement of the president, then why don't we rather cry to our scholars and inform them? This is the adab Allah taught us in the Qur'an.

"And when there comes to them information about [public] security or fear, they spread it around. But if they had referred it back to the Messenger or to those of authority among them, then the ones who [can] draw correct conclusions from it would have known about it. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, you would have followed Satan, except for a few" 4:83

As regards: لعلمه الذين يستنبطونه منهم - then the ones who [can] draw correct conclusions from it would have known about it،

Imaam At-Tabari, rahimahuLlahu, reported that ibn Jurayj said:

"people of fiqh".

He also said: "people of knowledge" - the acholars. Imam Bagawi also mentioned this.

May Allah assist us to learn our religion and guide our leaders and scholars aright.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by abuaisha360: 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
I wanted to know about a matter consurning the RIGHT hijaab
What is the proper hijaab? I mean so many differnt hijaabs are to choose from,
And I have this friend from Denmark and she converted to Islam for a while now,
and she's pleased ( ALhamduli_Allah) and she want to wear the right Hijaab.
Could you please tell us wear it says that the hijaab SHOULD be LONG (JILBAAB)
over the cheas! she really needs this! thank you
Praise be to Allaah.
Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
The conditions of hijaab:
Firstly:
(It should cover all the body apart from whatever has been exempted).
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to
draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely
except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should
be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever
Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
This aayah clearly states that it is obligatory to cover all of a woman’s beauty
and adornments and not to display any part of that before non-mahram men
(“strangers”) except for whatever appears unintentionally, in which case there will
be no sin on them if they hasten to cover it up.
Al-Haafiz ibn Katheer said in his Tafseer:
This means that they should not display any part of their adornment to non-
mahrams, apart from that which it is impossible to conceal. Ibn Mas’ood said: such
as the cloak and robe, i.e., what the women of the Arabs used to wear, an outer
garment which covered whatever the woman was wearing, except for whatever
appeared from beneath the outer garment. There is no sin on a woman with
regard to this because it is impossible to conceal it.
Secondly
(it should not be an adornment in and of itself).
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“… and not to show off their adornment…” [al-Noor 24:31]. The general meaning
of this phrase includes the outer garment, because if it is decorated it will
attract men’s attention to her. This is supported by the aayah in Soorat al-
Ahzaab (interpretation of the meaning):
“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of
ignorance” [al-Ahzaab 33:33]. It is also supported by the hadeeth in which the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are three, do
not ask me about them: a man who leaves the jamaa’ah, disobeys his leader and
dies disobedient; a female or male slave who runs away then dies; and a woman
whose husband is absent and left her with everything she needs, and after he
left she made a wanton display of herself. Do not ask about them.”
(Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/119; Ahmad, 6/19; from the hadeeth of Faddaalah
bint ‘Ubayd. Its isnaad is saheeh and it is in al-Adab al-Mufrad ).
Thirdly:
(It should be thick and not transparent or “see-thru”)
- because it cannot cover properly otherwise. Transparent or see-thru clothing
makes a woman more tempting and beautiful. Concerning this the Prophet (peace
and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “During the last days of my ummah
there will be women who are clothed but naked, with something on their heads like
the humps of camels. Curse them, for they are cursed.” Another hadeeth adds:
“They will not enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance
can be detected from such and such a distance.”
(Narrated by Muslim from the report of Abu Hurayrah).
Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said: what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
him) meant was women who wear clothes made of light fabric which describes and
does not cover. They are clothed in name but naked in reality.
Transmitted by al-Suyooti in Tanweer al-Hawaalik , 3/103.
Fourthly:
(It should be loose, not tight so that it describes any part of the body).
The purpose of clothing is to prevent fitnah (temptation), and this can only be
achieved if clothes are wide and loose. Tight clothes, even if they conceal the
colour of the skin, still describe the size and shape of the body or part of it, and
create a vivid image in the minds of men. The corruption or invitation to
corruption that is inherent in that is quite obvious. So the clothes must be wide.
Usaamah ibn Zayd said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him) gave me a thick Egyptian garment that was one of the gifts given
to him by Duhyat al-Kalbi, and I gave it to my wife to wear. He said, ‘Why do I
not see you wearing that Egyptian garment?’ I said, ‘I gave it to my wife to
wear.’ He said, ‘Tell her to wear a gown underneath it, for I am afraid that it
may describe the size of her bones.’” (Narrated by al-Diyaa’ al-Maqdisi in al-
Ahaadeeth al-Mukhtaarah , 1/442, and by Ahmad and al-Bayhaqi, with a hasan
isnaad).
Fifthly:
(It should not be perfumed with bakhoor or fragrance)
There are many ahaadeeth which forbid women to wear perfume when they go out
of their houses. We will quote here some of those which have saheeh isnaads:
Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him) said: “Any woman who puts on perfume then passes by people so that
they can smell her fragrance, is an adulteress.”
Zaynab al-Thaqafiyyah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him) said: “If any one of you (women) goes out to the mosque, let her
not touch any perfume.”
Abu Hurayrah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) said: “Any woman who has scented herself with bakhoor (incense), let
her not attend ‘Ishaa’ prayers with us.”
Moosa ibn Yassaar said that a woman passed by Abu Hurayrah and her scent was
overpowering. He said, “O female slave of al-Jabbaar, are you going to the
mosque?” She said, “Yes,” He said, “And have you put on perfume because of
that?” She said, “Yes.” He said, “Go back and wash yourself, for I heard the
Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘If a woman
comes out to the mosque and her fragrance is overpowering, Allaah will not accept
any prayer from her until she goes home and washes herself.’”
These ahaadeeth are general in implication. Just as the prohibition covers
perfume applied to the body, it also covers perfume applied to the clothes,
especially in the third hadeeth, where bakhoor (incense) is mentioned, because
incense is used specifically to perfume the clothes.
The reason for this prohibition is quite clear, which is that women’s fragrance may
cause undue provocation of desires. The scholars also included other things under
this heading of things to be avoided by women who want to go to the mosque,
such as beautiful clothes, jewellery that can be seen, excessive adornments and
mingling with men. See Fath al-Baari , 2/279.
Ibn Daqeeq al-‘Eed said:
This indicates that it is forbidden for a woman who wants to go to the mosque to
wear perfume, because this causes provocation of men’s desires. This was
reported by al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer , in the commentary on the first
hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah quoted above.
Sixthly:
(It should not resemble the clothing of men)
It was reported in the saheeh ahaadeeth that a woman who imitates men in dress
or in other ways is cursed. There follow some of the ahaadeeth that we know:
Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) cursed the man who wears women’s clothes, and the woman who wears
men’s clothes.”
‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘They are not part of us, the women who imitate men
and the men who imitate women.’”
Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed
effeminate men and masculine women. He said, ‘Throw them out of your houses.’”
He said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) expelled So and
so, and ‘Umar expelled So and so.” According to another version: “The Messenger
of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate
women and women who imitate men.”
‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) said: ‘There are three who will not enter Paradise and Allaah
will not even look at them on the Day of Resurrection: one who disobeys his
parents, a woman who imitates men, and the duyooth (cuckold, weak man who
feels no jealousy over his womenfolk).”
Ibn Abi Maleekah – whose name was ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah – said: “It was
said to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), ‘What if a woman wears
(men’s) sandals?’ She said: ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) cursed women who act like men.’”
These ahaadeeth clearly indicate that it is forbidden for women to imitate men
and vice versa, This usually includes dress and other matters, apart from the
first hadeeth quoted above, which refers to dress only.
Abu Dawood said, in Masaa’il al-Imaam Ahmad (p. 261): “I heard Ahmad being
asked about a man who dresses his slave woman in a tunic. He said, ‘Do not clothe
her in men’s garments, do not make her look like a man.” Abu Dawood said: “I
said to Ahmad, Can he give her bachelor sandals to wear? He said, No, unless she
wears them to do wudoo’. I said, What about for beauty? He said, No. I said, Can
he cut her hair short? He said, No.”
Seventhly:
(It should not resemble the dress of kaafir women).
It is stated in sharee’ah that Muslims, men and women alike, should not resemble
or imitate the kuffaar with regard to worship, festivals or clothing that is
specific to them. This is an important Islamic principle which nowadays,
unfortunately, is neglected by many Muslims, even those who care about religion
and calling others to Islam. This is due either to ignorance of their religion, or
because they are following their own whims and desires, or because of deviation,
combined with modern customs and imitation of kaafir Europe. This was one of
the causes of the Muslims’ decline and weakness, which enabled the foreigners to
overwhelm and colonize them. “…Verily, Allaah will not change the condition of a
people as long as they do not change their state themselves …” [al-Ra’d 13:11 –
interpretation of the meaning] . If only they knew.
It should be known that there is a great deal of saheeh evidence for these
important rules in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and that the evidence in the Qur’aan
is elaborated upon in the Sunnah, as is always the case.
Eighthly:
(It should not be a garment of fame and vanity).
Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace
and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever wears a garment of fame and
vanity in this world, Allaah will clothe him in a garment of humiliation on the Day
of Resurrection, then He will cause Fire to flame up around him.’”
( Hijaab al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah , p. 54-67).
And Allaah knows best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Haywhymido(m): 10:37am On Jan 03, 2016
^^Woah, Jazak Allahu khair. Learnt a lot frm it. May Allah(swt) make it easy for me to follow n to teach to fellow my muslim(ah)s amin
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Haywhymido(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2016
Yourmain come and learn sumthing frm this wonderful article pls. May Allah enrich u with more knowlege as u read.
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by deepview: 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
hometutors:
Covering of one's hair is almost a normal thing among women and few men due to religion. But as random as it is their are religions that feel covering of the hair is a must do. THE MUSLIMS Covering of is very common among the Muslim women by the hijabs or scarfs. On that not we are show casing pictures how you can cover your hair and still stay trendy. [ 97 more words. ]
https://mamatrendy./2015/12/25/4ways-to-cover-your-hair-and-stay-trendy/
I really think your post should have been posted as"WAYS TO ROCK SCARVES /HEADCOVERS FOR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS"
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2016
Rubbish!

I'm yet to see a hijab
Re: Ways To Rock HIJAB For Different Events by Empiree: 4:30am On Aug 13, 2016
Geez, I remember this woman when she passed away in car accident on her way from NY to Nashville, TN. May her soul rest in peace.

Aminah Assilmi (born Janice Huff, 1945 – 5 March 2010)[1] was a broadcast journalist, national Muslim community activist and director of the International Union of Muslim Women. Formerly a Southern Baptist preacher, she converted to Islam in 1977 in college while trying to convert some Muslims to Christianity. As the director of the International Union of Muslim Women, she visited campuses discussing Islam. She was named one of the 500 most influential Muslims in the world in 2009 by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre in Amman, Jordan.

Assilmi was involved in the release of the 2001 Eid stamp, as well as future anniversary editions. She was also involved in creating an educational center for Muslim converts. She died on March 5, 2010 in a car accident while returning from a speaking engagement in New York. She had a daughter and two sons, as well as several grandchildren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskQ2qTVY0U

(1) (Reply)

The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban / The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason / Natural Phenomena Showing The Oneness Of Allah (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.