Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force (59282 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? / Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by id4sho(m): 7:36am On Dec 27, 2015
Adortem:
If one is admitted with a degree,what rank will the person be?
Cadet ASP
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2015
Informative!
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by KingTom(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

ok, but why dont we have field marshal in nigeria?
none that I know of . It is after all the Highest military rank I don't think a field marshal and a president can coexist unless of course the field marshal is the president grin
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by wizaro(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2015
Osahon7:
Yes! Only one! He's PMB
pls wat of mbu Joseph mbu... D most popular police officer abeg where is he now? The ameachi nightmare abeg where him dey and wat is his current position?
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by obynaDmob(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2015
ritababe:

why na?

It is complicated
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by ritababe(f): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2015
obynaDmob:

It is complicated
ok
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by ritababe(f): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2015
KingTom:
none that I know of . It is after all the Highest military rank I don't think a field marshal and a president can coexist unless of course the field marshal is the president grin

ok
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by DjAduba(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2015
free2ryhme:

i beg to differ there is no Sergeant Major in the Nigeria Police na Army dey use this rank
Is it wrong to quote from the right source? na u sabi!
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by DjAduba(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2015
free2ryhme:

i beg to differ there is no Sergeant Major in the Nigeria Police na Army dey use this rank
Is it wrong to quote from the right source? na u sabi mchewwww!
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by horpilow(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2015
Police is your friendw
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by ritux: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2015
mokset123:

2 V - corporal
3 V- sergent
1 straight bar - Sub Inspector
2 straight bar - Inspector
3 straight bar - chief inspector
2 * - ASP
3 * - DSP
1 coat of arm - SP
1 * & a coat of arm - CSP

Thanks
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by dskenky(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Complinents of d season to everyone. Please can someone enlighten me about Nigerian Legion and its activities , roles etc. Godbless
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by Jabodo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
DSP and SP!
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by kuchikau: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pls when will they start receiving application from graduates...

And wats the salary range.

Thanks
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
pappy4real:
Yea I know these but having been very close to the police, I think ure not really recognised by d force until u become an ASP upward.
inspectors to coporal, na them dey find money badily badily! hungry 4kass.

Na still dem dey spoil the entire system like their oga.
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by Henesi2010(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
lanrema:
The Ranks In Nigeria Police Force are divided across three structures; Administrative, Authority and Organizational structure. The authority ranks in Nigeria police force (NPF), from top to bottom is the Inspector General of police down to the constable.

The Inspector-General of Police

In accordance with section 215(2) of the 1999 Constitution, section 6 of the Police Act, 1990, “the Force shall be commanded by the Inspector-General of Police”.

This simply means that orders, directives and instructions to carry out the duties with which the Police is carried, flows from the Inspector-General of Police, through the chain of Command, to any Officer positioned to implement such order.

The office of the Inspector General of Police is the highest rank in the Nigeria Police force.

The Deputy Inspector-General of Police

According to section 7(1) of the Police Act, the Deputy Inspector General of Police is the second in Command of the Force and shall so act for him in the Inspector-General’s absence.

Section 5 of the Act makes room for as many DIGs as the Nigeria Police Council considers appropriate. Every other rank below the IG, takes order of Command from him, in the performance of their lawful duties.

The Asst. Inspector-General of Police

The Office of the Assistant Inspector-General of Police is provided for by section 5 and 8 of the Police Act. He shall act for the Inspector-General of Police in the event of the absence of the Inspector-General of Police and Deputy Inspector-General of Police

The Commissioner of Police (In-charge of contingents in a state)

Section 5 of the Police Act, in accordance with the provisions of section 215 (2), of the Nigeria Constitution, provides for the Office and rank of a Commissioner of Police who shall be in Control of contingents of the Police Force stationed in a State. He is subject however, to the command of the Inspector-General of Police or who-so-ever acts for him, in his absence.

Every other rank in the Force is legally provided for by section 5 of the Police Act. The Command structure of the Nigeria Police can be presented in order of hierarchy as in the chain here under.

The Deputy Commissioner of Police

The Asst. Commissioner of Police

The Chief Superintendent of Police

The Superintendent of Police

The Deputy Superintendent of Police

The Asst. Superintendent of Police

The Inspector of Police

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Corporal

Constable

Source:http://www.ranksng.com/ranks-in-nigeria-police-force/
For me to be a police man, i rather become an Habalist grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by babaaye(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pls I want to join Nigeria police force with OND pls wich rank will I start with
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by babaaye(m): 1:11am On Mar 30, 2016
Pls iooo
Re: The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force by Steveinnovates(m): 2:35am On Jun 05, 2016
U no go shut up..... De talk wetin u no know

free2ryhme:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.