Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord (8034 Views)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by edogho(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2015
The True Definition For those that have been defending their pastors opinion on the
issue of tithing over the redemptive sacrifice of Christ
after reading my comment. I want to clarify some things
before asking some very interesting question. Do you know that the purpose of
tithe is not for God to bless you or for supporting God's work but rather, it's an
exercise of the law for
showing that you "REGARD AND FEAR THE LORD YOUR GOD" In Deut 14:23, the Bible clearly says EAT your tithe before the Lord SO THAT YOU
CAN FEAR HIM. In Deut 14:26 it repeated it again saying if you can't carry the cassava and cocoyam, convert it to money and use it to eat rice, drink wine and 'ogogoro' and you can even use it to carry 'ashewo' if your soul lust after one, at
that point, you are covered because it's tithing. In Deut 14: 27 & 29 it clearly says
when your belly is full, you should remember the Levites (not a pastor because they
have no inheritance among you) also the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow because they are really the ones in need. Here are my
questions and I need clear answers.

The Lord clearly
says "Eat before Me so that you can fear Me" why are you not eating your tithe? That's
direct disobedience! Isn't that telling God directly that "I DON'T REGARD OR FEAR
YOU?"

Your excuse is that
you cannot carry yam abi?
fine, there is room to convert it to money but according to
Lev 27:31 "If you want to buy back the LORD's tenth of the
grain or fruit, you must pay its value, plus 20 percent." so that's now 30%. The
interesting thing is that you must still eat everything before the Lord SO THAT YOU
CAN FEAR HIM. That's 30%,
so if you are bringing money, you should be presenting 30% that you must blow once
on whatever your soul desire, Ogogoro included. The
question is "Have you been eating that 30% at once as the Lord instructed in the Bible?" If you haven't been doing that, do you know you've been telling God "I DON'T REGARD OR FEAR
YOU"?

There are four set of
people entitled to the leftover of your tithe eating exercise,
The Levites, Stranger, Widow and Fatherless. Your pastor is obviously not a levite, even Jesus is not one. So if your pastor is not a helpless stranger, widow/widower, or
orphan, why is he the only one screaming the songs of tithe in cash. Why is your
pastor the one raining fake curses and suspended prayers on the topic of tithe when he's not even entitled to it by any or all definition?

Lastly I will like to know, if your pastor had told you that
tithing is just for you to show that you FEAR THE LORD and that no blessing is attached
to it, will you be paying it?
Believe me, tithing is not an avenue to blessings, it is illegal in the body of Christ
and any pastor that comes to preach Jesus to you and still
ask you for tithe is a con-artist from the pit of hell,
there are no better words to describe such a person. The
fact that tithing is popular does not make it right. Anyways, I am expecting your
answers but before you do, remember this. If you want to
give your money to God, do it right, give it to the stranger (I'm obviously a stranger lols)
fatherless and the widow, I can guarantee you that God will receive it and credit your earthly and heavenly account
with interest.

By: Ignition Abayomi Michael
Afelumo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by emorse(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2015
Certain people run from threads like this.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by dorox(m): 11:24am On Dec 26, 2015
There is a lot of blessing you get from eating your tithe, if you give it to another person your blessing is also transferred to that person.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by ewuoso2002(m): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
They read of it in their bible but seems not to care. All i said is true and u wont see them comment here, but d ogogoro and ashewo area me no agree on dt.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
There are 2 kinds of tithes . The annual tithes is taken to the house of God . It is given through the Levites

Nehemiah 10:38 (KJV)
And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.

The second one is the one used as feast every 3 years
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by jayriginal: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joagbaje:
There are 2 kinds of tithes . The annual tithes is taken to the house of God . It is given through the Levites

Nehemiah 10:38 (KJV)
And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.

The second one is the one used as feast every 3 years

So which Levite has been giving you your tithes?
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
jayriginal:

So which Levite has been giving you your tithes?

The Levites were ministers in the sanctuary , and in every generation there will always be ministers of God.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Ubenedictus(m): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joagbaje:

The Levites were ministers in the sanctuary , and in every generation there will always be ministers of God.
the levite are actually d sons of levi, it is a tribe in isreal.

2 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ubenedictus:
the levite are actually d sons of levi, it is a tribe in isreal.

I agree , but the tribe were chosen as ministers of the sanctuary. It's the office we are talking about ,not the tribe
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Jozzy4: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joagbaje:

I agree , but the tribe were chosen as ministers of the sanctuary. It's the office we are talking about ,not the tribe

the bible speaks about the Tribe ! mr man

3 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 3:03am On Apr 16, 2016
Joagbaje:

its very wrong to equate or relate the sons of levi to ministers or pastors of today....its sheer manipulation and outright distortion of the gospel....please as Christians,we must endeavor to teach the word of God without attaching wat is NOT written in the bible.....There is NO part in the bible where pastors or apostles became levites of our time....Such insinuations are totally erroneous and a mockery of the word of God that was very explicit on the subject of tithes to the levites sad sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by jayriginal: 3:43am On Apr 16, 2016
Joagbaje:

You're a Bayelsa man not a Levite.

3 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
jayriginal:

cheesy cheesy
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Peritus(m): 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
I desire that you might be filled with the knowledge of His will, in wisdom and spiritual understanding.
My issue is not on tithing but eating and doing whatever you soul lusteth for. You forgot that we are no longer practicing old testament. Christ CHANGED the old mode of worship and ways of reverencing God. Now we worship in truth and in Spirit (Jn 4:23). If you walk in the Spirit, you shall not obey the works of flesh and what it lusts for (Gal 5:16). Gluttony and drunkenness are part of works of flesh.
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2016
Jozzy4:

the bible speaks about the Tribe ! mr man

Was Melchizedek a Levite Mr man?
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 12:39am On Apr 17, 2016
openmine:

its very wrong to equate or relate the sons of levi to ministers or pastors of today....its sheer manipulation and outright distortion of the gospel....please as Christians,we must endeavor to teach the word of God without attaching wat is NOT written in the bible.....There is NO part in the bible where pastors or apostles became levites of our time....Such insinuations are totally erroneous and a mockery of the word of God that was very explicit on the subject of tithes to the levites sad sad

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? . . .14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 6:04am On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? . . .14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

pls how does Dis verse in any way equate or refer ministers of d gospel to d levites....?
d verse 13 refers 2 d priest and levites of d old covenant... r u sir still under d old covenant?
Verse 14,inasmuch as d Lord ordained dose who preach d gospel to leave off it...in oda words b supported 4 d work dey carry out,how does Dis equate pastors or ministers wit d levites....?
I repeat sir,wit all due respect,we sud stop teaching or preaching wat God has not said....its completely erroneous... I wud not want 2 use inappropriate words but I believe u get d message....dat verse never equated or referred 2 pastors or ministers of d gospel as d levites of our time...its completely ridiculous 2 say so....smh

2 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Jozzy4: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

Was Melchizedek a Levite Mr man?
are you Melchizedek ?

4 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2016
openmine:

pls how does Dis verse in any way equate or refer ministers of d gospel to d levites....?
d verse 13 refers 2 d priest and levites of d old covenant... r u sir still under d old covenant?
Verse 14,inasmuch as d Lord ordained dose who preach d gospel to leave off it...in oda words b supported 4 d work dey carry out,how does Dis equate pastors or ministers wit d levites....?
I repeat sir,wit all due respect,we sud stop teaching or preaching wat God has not said....its completely erroneous... I wud not want 2 use inappropriate words but I believe u get d message....dat verse never equated or referred 2 pastors or ministers of d gospel as d levites of our time...its completely ridiculous 2 say so....smh

It's a simple parallel. The verse made it clear that as the Levites get welfare from tithes and offerings same goes for ministers.
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2016
Jozzy4:

are you Melchizedek ?

I am not . So what' has it got to do with it
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

It's a simple parallel. The verse made it clear that as the Levites get welfare from tithes and offerings same goes for ministers.

Sir pls stop misquoting and taking those verses out of context....its very explicit from the verses that just as "the levites received wat was from the temple,ministers fed from their teachings...." In other words, ministers are to be supported as they teach the gospel....which is totally different from wat the levites obtained....cos they received food from the tithes of farm produce and d cattle herd which is contained in the law of moses in accordance with the old covenant ....i ask again...are you sir still under the old covenant..or under a levitical priesthood?

You compare ministers or refer to them as levites forgetting that levites operated from an annulled and invalid covenant which contains the laws of moses.....dere is no reason whatsoever for such comparison.....its like comparing the law of moses to the law of grace...immpossicant shocked

inasmuch as u try in vain to make a parallel combo,u sud know both are not operating from the same covenant....which renders such comparison invalid and to an extent manipulative....Pls try again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2016
When i hear ministers of the gospel compare or refer to them selves as levites,i cringe...
All because u want to be the one to receive tithes forgetting that you are operating from an advanced and equipped covenant which is based on grace and love.....Its very sad when pastors or ministers who sud be passing d undiluted gospel of the word wud bend and manipulate the gospel just to satisfy themselves.... sad sad
Thank God,the word of God was not given ONLY to pastors....imagine the enslavement that wud have engulfed the body of christ..God forbid!
Dear Christians pls endeavor to Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth......2 Timothy 2:15
Let no one deceive or manipulate you....we are no longer under the covenant of old....but we are under a perfect and beautiful covenant where Christ is the high priest and blesses those who believe in him....Christ came to preach love not burden or fear....
Give cheerfully and generously to a cause or support for the assembly you attend
....give to people who have no means of livelihood...
....assist a person you never knew...
Above All show love to ALL men cos God is love!! Happy sunday!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by dorox(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2016
jayriginal:

This is what happens when you ask a man to understand the same thing that his livelihood depends on him not understanding. It is a difficult thing to ask of any man.

4 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Annunaki(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
dorox:

This is what happens when you ask a man to understand the same thing that his livelihood depends on him not understanding. It is a difficult thing to ask of any man.

Lovely quote, very Succint. smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by dorox(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Annunaki:

Lovely quote, very Succint. smiley

Thank you. That is why I only argue tithing with a tithe payer, doing so with a tithe collector is just an exercise in futility.

2 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Jozzy4: 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

I am not . So what' has it got to do with it
then are you a fake Melchizedek ?
Melchizedek collect spoils of war , u collect cash
Melchizedek collect spoils of war from Abraham once , NOT EVERY WEEK !
even the blind can see the fraud here .

3 Likes

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jozzy4:

Melchizedek collect spoils of war from Abraham once , NOT EVERY WEEK !

even the blind can see the fraud here .

cheesy cheesy
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
openmine:

Sir pls stop misquoting and taking those verses out of context....its very explicit from the verses that just as "the levites received wat was from the temple,ministers fed from their teachings...." In other words, ministers are to be supported as they teach the gospel .which is totally different from wat the levites obtained....cos they received food from the tithes of farm produce and d cattle herd which is contained in the law of moses in accordance with the old covenant ..

And where does the money come from?.

.i ask again...are you sir still under the old covenant..or under a levitical priesthood?

Tithing is one of God kingdom principles . It existed before the law. And never nullified .

You compare ministers or refer to them as levites forgetting that levites operated from an annulled and invalid covenant which contains the laws of moses.....dere is no reason whatsoever for such comparison.....its like comparing the law of moses to the law of grace...immpossicant shocked

Levitical priesthood was only an order for a period. Melchizedek order existed before the law . Jesus is our high priest not in Levitical order but Melchizedek order. Which is everlasting.
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jozzy4:

Stop trying to get rude and personal . I'm a tither not a tithe collector . We are discussing scriptures . And if you have no scriptural point to prove . There may be no reason talking with you.
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

Tithing is one of God kingdom principles . It existed before the law. And never nullified .

Levitical priesthood was only an order for a period. Melchizedek order existed before the law . Jesus is our high priest not in Levitical order but Melchizedek order. Which is everlasting.
you are always found defending the tithe doctrine on every thread exposing the tithe doctrine as a fraud and you claim to be a pastor. Joagbaje repent!!! True and genuin repentance is what you need. what kind of pastor preaches tithe to his congregation if he is not a thief, you are no different from our thieving poiliticians and yahoo boys. You claim to be led by the spirit of God yet You are a 419 theif. Joagbaje the wages of sin is death repent!!!.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by Joagbaje(m): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
EMILO2STAY:
you are always found defending the tithe doctrine on every thread exposing the tithe doctrine as a fraud and you claim to be a pastor. Joagbaje repent!!! True and genuin repentance is what you need. what kind of pastor preaches tithe to his congregation if he is not a thief, you are no different from our thieving poiliticians and yahoo boys. You claim to be led by the spirit of God yet You are a 419 theif. Joagbaje the wages of sin is death repent!!!.

If you have any point Prove your point from scripture and if there's none . Just read. No need to hurl insult in the name of Jesus .

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV Strong's)
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
Re: Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord by openmine(m): 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
Joagbaje:

i dont understand ur question....r u implying that money was never in existence during the levitical period?

Joagbaje:
Tithing is one of God kingdom principles . It existed before the law. And never nullified.

U r totally wrong sir....tithing was never a God's kingdom principle....principles are based on laid down laws....and i believe u have biblical scriptures to prove where dose laws were stated right? grin grin

...where was it stated pre-law that the people sud tithe(and please don't bring up Abraham jingle into this cos he never tithed)....sorry sir.....there is no such scripture because you erroneously or deceptively inserted it there.... sad

U said it existed before the law......and i ask in astonishment,are you sir implying that any thing or act or law that existed before the law was given was NOT nullified?

Are you implying that circumcision was not nullified since it was pre-law?

If you said tithe was pre-law,why do u justify tithes collection using the supposed nullified laws of moses to buttress ur reasons for tithing i.e malachi 3:10,numbers 18:10?

Finally where in the new covenant did paul say that tithe was a God's kingdom principle or are u d one that constructed and inserted it there?

please i need ur honest answers to these questions.....

Joagbaje:
It was more than just an order....it was contained in the old covenant....which has been nullified.....we all know jesus is the high priest based on better promises and an oath from God.....the comparison of the priesthood of jesus and that of Melchizedek is based on the fact that "their priesthood abides continually"..

...but the priesthood of jesus christ is far better than that of other priests before now including that of Melchizedek because its founded on better promises,word of an oath from God and an intercession for all who believe...! (reference:Hebrews 7:15-28)

So how does the Melchizedek order or levitical order make you a levite sir? shocked shocked
Please sir try again! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prayer Is Key And That Is Why JESUS Started With Prayer And Ended With Pra / Foot Fetish Pope Kisses Muslim Girl's ... (Photo + Video!) / What Are The Three Most Vital Things To Take To Church Every Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.