Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today (9083 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / Why You Should Pray Well Before Serving God In A Church / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Interesting15: 6:52am On Feb 26, 2023
Today, I want to turn your attention to the operations of prayer, channeling the discourse towards praying for our dear nation Nigeria. Let me start by encouraging you that prayer still works. Yes, PRAYER WORKS. I know some of you are fed up with all of these "prayer things" for different reasons. But the truth remains that God still answers prayers, and He can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies.

I know we pray. But one of the reasons it appears as if our prayers are ineffective is because we are not praying the right type of prayers. Yes, there are different types of prayer, and for a truth, the kind of prayer we must focus on right now in Nigeria is "Prayer of Mercy".

Nigeria has dipped herself vehemently in unrighteousness and dark corruption. Hence, we, as a nation, must take a posture of humility and plead for mercy from the LORD.

Fortunately, the Bible says: "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

So, you see, as we engage the mercies of God, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God. It means, as a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murders, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation.

So, take time to pray for God's mercy over our land today. And if you need encouragements, then here are three great reasons you need pray for Nigeria today:

1. God has great plans for this country. You can partner with God to make His perfect Will a reality in Nigeria.
2. God has a reason for making you a Nigerian. Nigeria is yours and your earthly home. You are a major stakeholder.
3. The country needs as much prayers as she can get right now. The truth is, there is a limitation to what humans can do to transform this country. We really need God's help.

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/02/3-great-reasons-we-should-pray-for.html?m=1

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Interesting15: 6:53am On Feb 26, 2023
Happy Sunday, everyone. Jesus loves you🥰🥰

2 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Interesting15: 6:53am On Feb 26, 2023
Please take time to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQ2Qa6XO1I
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by inoki247: 8:31am On Feb 26, 2023
Lol nothing is changing in Nigeria we keep telling people just focus on ur life ur Govt no send you....

They send Soldiers to go do photoshoot and make dem wait with dere Armor for anybody wey wan protest wahala for Wu trust this Govt...

8 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by PythonPros: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
All well and good but to be candid, prayer without works is completely useless.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by BIGDADDY000(m): 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
All I care about right now is to declare PETER OBI as the presidential winner 🏆, any other thoughts are secondary to me, because have prayed already, only FAITH remains.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Debater(m): 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
Nigeria honestly needs prayer

Obi shall win

Mr Datti, please don't be discouraged

3 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Seefinish: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
With what I saw yesterday in a polling unit where I supervised the election. I made up my mind that I will never ever pray for Nigeria.
We deserve our sufferings. I will be one of those who will Japa in the next few years

6 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by propsvilla1: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
E get as e be.

If we vote in bad government na we all go suffer am.

Heaven helps who help themselves.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by ATEAMS: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
We must make our choice. We may have democracy in this country, or we may have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.....

Below is New york in 1940 .... Wise Up !!!

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 8:32am On Feb 26, 2023
I pray for jagaban ,he is my father, he may die of heart attack today ,as he sees his Emilokan dream torn apart before his eyes

3 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Truefaith: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
Gfhr
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by abobote: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
Not just today Nigeria is bondage and need prayers all the time
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Quelme: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
We don't need prayers, we had enough already.

Captain Jagaban is on his way to fix Nigeria....

Tinubu!!!
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by xeratech: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
I'm praying already wink
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Risingblue008(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
I believe that lord God has answered our prayers
Oluwa God
Let

PETER OBI win
Amen

5 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by weblord1900: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
I hope you voted? Prayer cannot change the result in the inec server.. Africans wake up

1 Like

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Vopigag: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2023
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by PotatoSalad(m): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2023
If you didn't vote yesterday, don't come here with that "pray for Nigeria".
You're among the problems of Nigeria.
That yeye prayer you're about to say now should have been yesterday at your PU, exercising your civic responsibility

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by SenatePresdo(m): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2023
Ask pastors to pray for Nigeria.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Tareq1105: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2023
Debater:
Nigeria honestly needs prayer

Obi shall win

Mr Datti, please don't be discouraged

We've always told you that Obi would not win one state in the North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2023
Can't pray for Nigeria at all. I don't think there's any need for this because Nigeria politicians in the North have used illiteracy as a weapon to make sure elections don't go well. Now I know why a philosopher said that Democracy is a decision by majority illiterates to mess up the wisdom of the few sane minds

4 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by NothingDoMe: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2023
Tareq1105:

We've always told you that Obi would not win one state in the North.
Benue nor be North? Dey play.

Please we want to pray, Tareq, commot for our thread.

Interesting15:
Today, I want to turn your attention to the operations of prayer, channeling the discourse towards praying for our dear nation Nigeria. Let me start by encouraging you that prayer still works. Yes, PRAYER WORKS. I know some of you are fed up with all of these "prayer things" for different reasons. But the truth remains that God still answers prayers, and He can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies.

I know we pray. But one of the reasons it appears as if our prayers are ineffective is because we are not praying the right type of prayers. Yes, there are different types of prayer, and for a truth, the kind of prayer we must focus on right now in Nigeria is "Prayer of Mercy".

Nigeria has dipped herself vehemently in unrighteousness and dark corruption. Hence, we, as a nation, must take a posture of humility and plead for mercy from the LORD.

Fortunately, the Bible says: "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

So, you see, as we engage the mercies of God, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God. It means, as a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murders, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation.

So, take time to pray for God's mercy over our land today. And if you need encouragements, then here are three great reasons you need pray for Nigeria today:

1. God has great plans for this country. You can partner with God to make His perfect Will a reality in Nigeria.
2. God has a reason for making you a Nigerian. Nigeria is yours and your earthly home. You are a major stakeholder.
3. The country needs as much prayers as she can get right now. The truth is, there is a limitation to what humans can do to transform this country. We really need God's help.

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/02/3-great-reasons-we-should-pray-for.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by ednut1(m): 8:35am On Feb 26, 2023
No great nation got there by prayer. You have been praying since 1960. Any improvement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Draslo(m): 8:35am On Feb 26, 2023
I'd rather pray for Turkey, Syria, Burundi, Somalia, Libya, North Korea, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Russia(because of too many long-time enemies) and Palestine.

Nigeria's problems are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Moneyboyz: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2023
The ones you've been praying since where are the results?

1 Like

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Hendrixky: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2023
Stop praying

Grab your pvc in the next election

What is your unit

What is your ward

That is what matters

Incec don't count prayers

They count vote

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Marvyx(m): 8:35am On Feb 26, 2023
I hardly pray for Nigeria nowadays. Nigerian Christians states have the lowest turn out of voters, jokers.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent / Your Eyes Your Mind!! Your Mind Your Eyes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.