Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? (907 Views)

Ehi Ogbebor Gets Engaged, 10 Years After A Divorce & Two Kids (Photos) / What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? / I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by DonFebby(m): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
I am hooked up with a young lady that already has two little daughters. The kids are from two different guys and she doesn't even communicate with any of them cus they both ran when she took in for them and she wasn't able to do abortions because she was young and scared then.

Now since we started dating she told me everything that happened and also I have met with her family people who also spoke to me about the kids and everything else she told me. The kids are even so in love with me and they already take me as their mums new husband even though we ain't married yet.

Now on my own side, my whole family has met her and they all like her alot to the extent that all through this Xmas period my parents ensured she stays with us and help with the whole stuffs. The problem is that my parents are not yet aware she already has two kids.

Please my people especially matured minds, what advice can you give me on this
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
IF she is dj cuppy's sister, then it is sensible right.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by missKiffy(f): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
Well if you love her I don't see it as a big deal but your family's reaction towards her might change if they know she has two children already and that is one information you can't keep away from them, but I hope they still accept her after the news for your sake.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by MzPecs(f): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
They're your parents so you should know how to approach them concerning this issue.

You love her and your parents also do. If I were in your shoes, i'll talk to my siblings about it first and when they see reasons with me then we break the story to our parent.

By the time they see that their children are in support of the marriage, they'll definitely succumb.

I wish you good luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by MeloGist(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nothing bad as far as you are ready to take the responsibilities of the kids
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Margauxluv(f): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nothing wrong wit dat.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by tpiar: 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
Why do you prefer not to date someone without kids, since you are presenting yourself in like manner.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by flawlesRebirth(f): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
..BROS...IF SHE HASS GOOD CHARACTER AND MATURED BOTH FOR SENSE...WIFE HER
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by akinloluwao: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
You have to be very very careful. Women can pretend and deceive you to marry them. After marriage you will discover her real person. Just be very careful. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by andyanders: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Op, in developed world, this is nothing,but this part of the world, something is gonna be somehow.

The problem herein is; She has two daughters from two different men of which she does not know their whereabouts sounds funny. If it were to be just one child involved, you can handle that and explain to your parents of the issue.

The story of what transpired between those guys and herself irrespective of her age then or now is solely, the story she told you alone and no one here to buttress her story.

There is nohow you cannot open up to your parents in the first place about who she is and where she is coming from.

If you can be able to take care of the responsibilities of those children that are not yours, then you have to carry your cross and take her. Note that the taste of friendship is not the taste of marriage.

This kind of ladies having children from different men are been left to be married by older men who has cash and can shower her and those kids with cash. As a young man, a time will come when you will start feeling the burden of having to deal with the whole issue.
Anyway, you are a man and if you have the raw cash to be able to take care of the lady and her children and also handle your parent's attitude towards this, then be a man that you claim to be and marry the lady .

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by ERONX(m): 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by osesology(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
From my own point of view, I don't see anything wrong as long as you love her and you are also financially balanced to take care of them. The only coma there is your parents not yet having knowledge of those kids. But if it's what you really want, then go for it.
Good Luck tho!
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Pheals(f): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Do u love her and are u ready to take the responsibilities of those kids if yes.....the future smile at u bro...those kids be proud of u in future ...well ladies do hide their real character just try and find out y dose who impregnated left her ....do this first then talk to your siblings and u broke the stuff to your parent. Together and pasuade them
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
dont marry her. u will remember i told u. am not judging but dont marry her

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Swissheart(f): 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
Explain to your parents in the best way you can. If you can both cope with it.... No issue
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by DonFebby(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
Honestly I am really appreciating all the matured comments am getting.

I forgot to mention that she is a girl that passed through a lot in life being that her dad died when she was very little and when her mum remarried a guy they now have taken as a mistake, she was left alone with her aunty and because things got worse she started living on her own while she was in Jss2.

Since being with her, one can see the maturity in her and the way she handles things one can tell she has really done well for herself without parents.

Its just few years ago she and her brother really started getting close to their mum again but her brother is married now and is based in Ghana
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
A single mum has already shown extremely poor decision making.

And in her case: twice.

Also, remember she'll not just be into you, for you, but also for her kids (dare I say, possibly primarily).

She needs someone to help her raise her kids - other men's kids - the bulk of this responsibility being financial.

Additionally, when a woman wants you, she will put up her best behavior. So if there's a way you can, find out how she behaves normally, because what you see now is mostly theater.

I do not mean to discourage you, but this is what I will tell a brother. You are about to make a big decision, so diligence is adviced.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by AVRecruit: 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
lots of women these days ride the cock carousel and later want men to raise her kids.

if her mum remarried, and she has remarried twice, it could be a generational spirit that needs to be broken.

go to mfm both of u for deliverance sessions before starting the marriage.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Osisie(m): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
Be careful with a babymama........because she's a babymama.
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Jayjay0(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
Only if she is oprah Winfrey or kris jenner oo..or else the rest of the story is endtime story
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
Just fine
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by aspiz(f): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
They'r ur parents...yuh should devise a means of talking en making them understand d situatn. Wish u d best
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by tosyne2much(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Speaking on behalf of your parents, they will never allow you marry her.

OP, it's very risky to marry such a lady (two kids ke?). Bro, open your eyes, don't let all these ladies deceive you that you should marry her if you love her. I'm telling you this because I like you

Let's assume she made a mistake having the first child, another mistake occurred the second time. It's paramount to note that she and her family members will always narrate the edited part of the saga to you

Bros, abeg shine your eyes. Everybody deserves the best in life. It's only financial circumstances that makes people prefer used cars to new one. I'm not necessarily trying to say she's second hand (this is just a proverb)

If you marry her, no come nairaland dey open another thread again oooo

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
Follow your heart, but engage your head.

Regardless of the "baby daddy sob stories", everyone deserves a third, a fourth chance.

Good luck
Re: Marrying A Single Mum With Two Kids, Right Or Wrong? by oginga: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
@ Op, what drove her from those two previous men will surely send you running for cover in two years time.

Don't forget to come here on the 26 December 2017 to tell us how she almost killed you.

Best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Premature expulsion:do You Want To Last Longer? / B**bs : Bigger Or Smaller / Is Relationship All About Love Or Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.