Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? (985 Views)

Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! / "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by Totalgist: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
Out of all the applications received, what makes you stand out? You won't get a good job until you know what you bring to the table. Until you realize your contributions and impact on that employer in a positive way, you are going to continue looking at it, as though you employer is doing you a favor.

Your paycheck is payment for the job/skills/talents/qualifications that you bring to your employer. When you continue to go into an interview with a mindset that you are begging for a job or are desperate, the interviewer senses it and (in some situations) can use it against you.

I am here to build your confidence up so that you can feel your power and know what you bring to the table. As someone once said, "hanging in there is NOT a job strategy".

What. Do. You. Bring. To. The. Table?

This thread is strictly for questions and discussions concerning preparing for an interview and I'd frequently update it. P.S- If you'd prefer privacy, shoot me an email at my username @gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by myke92(m): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
How does one best answers d question of what are ur strengths and weakness
Re: Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by Totalgist: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
myke92:
How does one best answers d question of what are ur strengths and weakness

This is one of the cookie-cutter questions that interviewers ask- it's silly but you can't escape it.

The idea behind answering this question is to maximize your strength while minimizing your weakness always in relation to the specifications/qualifications of the particular job you seek.

Example: You are seeking a job in a service-focused company

Your answer would be: "My strength lies in the fact that I am customer-service oriented. I work towards ensuring that my customer walks away satisfied with our services. An example of this is....(cite an example in your past life where you did something that helped someone)

Your weakness cannot be one that harms your chances for the job. State a weakness, then say what actions you have done to overcome that weakness. It shows that you are being proactive; you recognize that weakness and that you have done something to overcome it.
Use the STAR Method

Think of a Situation or Task where you demonstrated that skill set.

Identify what Actions you took to resolve the matter.

Discuss the Results of your actions – did you save the company money or increase revenue, or bring the project in on (or ahead) of time, under budget and with great results?

1 Like

Re: Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by Totalgist: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
If you don't understand what your worth is to a company, it is harder for them to understand it. So begin by writing down what your personal mission statement is.

Everyone should have a personal mission statement. WHY? A personal mission statement can help guide you along your career path as well as life. Your personal mission statement should include your principles, what you stand for, your goals, how you plan on getting there etc. You don't have to share it anyone or you could share it people you want but understand that your personal mission statement is you.

If you don't have definition or direction, you will fall for anything. Your personal mission statement helps you set goal and know what you will or will not accept.

So pause, and write yourself a personal mission statement. Good companies and organizations have one- why can't you too?
Re: Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by ferdyferd: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Totalgist if you get called for an interview is it a must you take your certificate with you?

Will they ask you to present your certificate during the interview?

Because am having a lil problem with mine. Thanks
Re: Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by Totalgist: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
ferdyferd:
Totalgist if you get called for an interview is it a must you take your certificate with you?

Will they ask you to present your certificate during the interview?

Because am having a lil problem with mine. Thanks
It is always best to be over prepared than under prepared. It is not compulsory to take your certificate along with you to an interview, but you don;t want to give the interviewer any reason to count something against you.

If you are able, take your certificate with you. But if you are not, go to that interview with other documents that you have that can show the validity of your certificate. Do not present any document to them until the interviewer requests for it.

Try as much as you can to have an interactive and impression interview/first impressions and you may not need to present that certificate at that point.

1 Like

Re: Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
Following!

(1) (Reply)

Administrative Assistant At Adexen / Summit Systems Limited Test/interview / I Need An EDMS JOB, Also Known As Data Capture Representative.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.