Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences (2726 Views)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves / 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft / The Recent Surge In Car Theft In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Josh316(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

I was discussing with my friend last week and he told me of how his neighbour's Honda CRV 2008 model was stolen in front of his house in Garki, Abuja, few minutes after it was parked. I was shocked because I never imagined that high tech car theft could hit Nigeria so soon. This prompted me to search the internet about this and I was shocked that it has been common in Europe and America for a while now. In fact, David Beckham had his two Custom designed BMW X5 cars stolen from his home.

This has gotten me really scared, coming from my experience of car theft in 2010 in Abuja in which my Honda Accord 1998 model was stolen from church. Thankfully, the car was recovered after 48hrs using the tracker I had installed in it. I currently drive a 2010 Honda Accord v6 and up till now, I had this unshakable belief that the car could not be stolen. However, i am now considering buying a pedal lock to add to the tracker installed.

Guys, kindly share your experiences with any high tech thefts you know so that we can learn. I don't mean cars which were snatched oh! We need to be more security conscious these days as boys are not smiling.

#Danny

2 Likes

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
Josh316:
Dear Nairalanders,

I was discussing with my friend last week and he told me of how his neighbour's Honda CRV 2008 model was stolen in front of his house in Garki, Abuja, few minutes after it was parked. I was shocked because I never imagined that high tech car theft could hit Nigeria so soon. This prompted me to search the internet about this and I was shocked that it has been common in Europe and America for a while now. In fact, David Beckham had his two Custom designed BMW X5 cars stolen from his home.

This has gotten me really scared, coming from my experience of car theft in 2010 in Abuja in which my Honda Accord 1998 model was stolen from church. Thankfully, the car was recovered after 48hrs using the tracker I had installed in it. I currently drive a 2010 Honda Accord v6 and up till now, I had this unshakable belief that the car could not be stolen. However, i am now considering buying a pedal lock to add to the tracker installed.

Guys, kindly share your experiences with any high tech thefts you know so that we can learn. I don't mean cars which were snatched oh! We need to be more security conscious these days as boys are not smiling.

#Danny

The 08 crv was stolen with a copy of the original key, no high tech bla bla involved.

Your car is safe, most thieves don't like the v6 versions cause it's harder to sell.

If you want an unstealeble car buy a peugeot.

6 Likes

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Josh316(m): 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Well, that makes sense, especially as I told my friend the same thing, that someone with a spare/cloned key must have stolen the ride but then, is it implausible that a tech device can be employed to steal cars?

According to my friend, the man came back home, parked outside his home, spent only ten minutes, and came out to find his car gone. It was on a friday afternoon and there is a mosque in his close. Other cars were parked close by and his was gone within minutes. For one to have the spare key, they would have to know the man well including his schedule. My friend mentioned the fact that when this happened, some people claimed to see two people with backpacks around the vicinity.

I feel we should discuss this probability.
Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by lonelydora: 2:19am On Dec 28, 2015
The man's mechanic should be the first suspect. Grill him and he will tell you all he knows about that missing car

2 Likes

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by obinrinrere: 4:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Missing car:
Red Toyota corolla 2004 model.
KJA 414 BG.
Chassis: JTDBR32E842022427
On 27/12/15 at Alausa central mosque, Lagos.
Call: 08022792923
Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Denn(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2015
lonelydora:
The man's mechanic should be the first suspect. Grill him and he will tell you all he knows about that missing car

Plus the car dealer that probably didn't release the extra copy of the key.

1 Like

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by lonelydora: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Denn:

Plus the car dealer that probably didn't release the extra copy of the key.

Exactly.
Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
On another post, an Abuja resident just talked about how two cars had their ignitions hacked at Gwarimpa in Abuja during a naming ceremony. Luckily both cars had pedal locks.
I remember some time last year that my wife parked her Honda Accord 2004 model in front of her office (NCC) with the car securely locked and Windows wound up. She came down from the ofice to find the car windows down and the hand brake pulled far up than she usually does. The luck she had was her pedal lock which she usually applied. Don't even tell me her mechanic had her spare key or the dealer didn't give her the other key. This experience really shook her. We have sold the car now but then it could be plausible that there are new ways of stealing these cars.

1 Like

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by chillex8(m): 1:27am On Dec 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The 08 crv was stolen with a copy of the original key, no high tech bla bla involved.

Your car is safe, most thieves don't like the v6 versions cause it's harder to sell.

If you want an unstealeble car buy a peugeot.

No.Buy a JAGUAR.

Even a 1985 model can't be stolen.

My dad's peugeot 505 was stolen @ home, back then.

I have never heard of a Stolen Jaguar in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2015
Or an LR3 grin
Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by uchenadu(m): 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
A toyotal Camry 1999 model with plate number BD666AJ and engine number 5S6465175 was stolen on Sunday. The brother packed the car and by the time he came back, the car was not there, until now he is still searching for the car. The point is this most cars can be stolen, some people can open a locked car even without the key, just ask the panel beaters most of them can do this.
For security reason buy a pedal lock and steering lock and use it everytime.
Thanks.
Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Nwunuken(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
chillex8:

No.Buy a JAGUAR.

Even a 1985 model can't be stolen.

My dad's peugeot 505 was stolen @ home, back then.

I have never heard of a Stolen Jaguar in Nigeria
Peugeot 406 can hardly be stolen
Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 20, 2016
Hello, nairalanders Vehicles tracking system is the best solution to vehicles stealing and hacking. That why Excel tracking security and surveillance is introducing GPS/SMS/GPRS enabled functions vehicles tracker for truck,car,van,bus,boat,bike is one of the best vehicles theft prevention available today.with convenient SMS,GPS,GPRS function including gas to engine cut off, full range alarm.
How does it work
The unit is powered by automotive battery, and should be installed in a vehicles Right? ( preferably in a place where it can't be seen ) example under a seats, it run on latest GPS SiRF III chip-set, a sophisticated GPS microchips embedded into the hearth of the tracker which continually reads it own location from low orbiting globally satellites and then utilize the GSM, GPRS infrastructure operated by your cellular networks provider to transmit its current location to you, All needed is to insert a valid sim card into the tracker device, it even has quad band connectivity so its work globally, the vehicles tracker device doesn't make noise or give attract notice at all , so only you will be aware what going on in your car.
Below are what it do for vehicles and owners
1 ) Track car anywhere around the globe , by calling the SIM number inserted into the tracker device, then it will with latitude and longitude and time as well as internet current map location link ( to click on )
2) Stop stolen with just (1)SMS code to the SIM number in the device , the engine of the vehicle will remain in mobilize state until send SMS to resume to default unit.
3 ) View reports analysis on speed, tamper, battery low, fuel and movement history.
4 ) See live images of buildings.Pols and street surrounding vehicles
5 ) Listen to live conversation in vehicles,
LEARN HOW TO TRACE AND STOP STOLEN VEHICLES USING MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES www.exceltracking..com. Enquiries and questions are also welcome through WhatsApp and Call 09027545871, 08109351012

Re: High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 01, 2016
Gudmorning all, tomorrow might be be dangerous, Install vehicles tracker into your car Today. contact US 08144758217

(1) (Reply)

. / Advice Needed: Most Durable Yet Feminine Suv / Questions On 2007 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.