Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,802 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 (34146 Views)

AY And Don Jazzy To Send Taju To School With Over N500k / 'Snake Swallowed My Money' - Don Jazzy To A Lady Who Begged Him For Money / Don Jazzy To Sign Debbie Rise Into Mavin Records, After Hearing This… (#bbnaija) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by NiceJenny(f): 5:12am On Dec 28, 2015
Frog voice indeed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by NiceJenny(f): 5:12am On Dec 28, 2015
Frog voice indeed
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Luukasz(m): 5:16am On Dec 28, 2015
brunofarad:
Hardwork pays
Anytime anyday.

Respect
DON BABA J

And all hardworking men in this great forum.
May GOD bless all our efforts.
A male lion sleeps 18-20hrs/day a female lion sleeps 15-18hrs/day while Donkeys sleep for just 3hrs.If hardwork is everything Donkeys will be the King of the Jungle.
If Hardwork is everything Danfo drivers/Agberos will be among the richest men in Nigeria.
There's more to success than just hardwork.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by babadem2much(m): 5:18am On Dec 28, 2015
Omotolu:
With series of his meaningless songs,I wish I care.

grin grin even the hit track I concur ? grin grin grin
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Luukasz(m): 5:22am On Dec 28, 2015
AMBIVERT:
shockedshocked

He'll sure be missed.
Who wan miss am??.
He's not FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI a.k.a The Great Grand Father of all Nigerian Entertainers Alive so he can never be missed
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by lordsharks(m): 5:38am On Dec 28, 2015
Luukasz:

A male lion sleeps 18-20hrs/day a female lion sleeps 15-18hrs/day while Donkeys sleep for just 3hrs.If hardwork is everything Donkeys will be the King of the Jungle.
If Hardwork is everything Danfo drivers/Agberos will be among the richest men in Nigeria.

Nice one
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 28, 2015
Luukasz:

Your postulation despite it's validation yet doesn't nullify the importance of "hard work". For one, there's a different between "doing hard work" and "working hard". One cannot plant an orange and expects to pick an apple, no. Therefore, in making choice of occupation it's advisable that one should master an art in a field that's relevant and special (smart work), and of course smart work goes side by side with hard work which end result is always positive and great result.

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by iamkneeyi: 5:59am On Dec 28, 2015
respect don baba Jay..happy retirement ..
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Luukasz(m): 6:04am On Dec 28, 2015
Empero1:

Your postulation despite it's validation yet doesn't nullify the importance of "hard work". For one, there's a different "doing hard work" and "working hard".
When i said there's more to success than just hardwork i didn't just blurt it out i said it from 3sides
1.Reality
2.Personal Experience/People around me
3.Some Successful people
And mind you i didn't say one shouldn't be harworking what i mean is that hardwork doesn't guarantee sucess
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by TolaniLuv: 6:13am On Dec 28, 2015
Na when P square go Retire? Dem no deh tire? Give anoda nigga a chance
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 28, 2015
Baba don't quit now, we your fans still need you around. cry
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Solomonodimegwu(m): 6:18am On Dec 28, 2015
drizslim:
U dey push us go traffic so u can buy house for pawpaw island
lol! Mango island indeed!
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:20am On Dec 28, 2015
superken:

He is serious about it, and he also revealed why he is stopping

See more tweets here: http://www.042express.com/2015/12/don-jazzy-quits-singing-see-why.html

so na d new way to get traffic for blog abi??
smh

--
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:21am On Dec 28, 2015
superken:

He is serious about it, and he also revealed why he is stopping

See more tweets here: http://www.042express.com/2015/12/don-jazzy-quits-singing-see-why.html

--

so na d new way to get traffic for blog abi??
smh
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by musicwriter(m): 6:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Don Jazzy should have just focused on the production part which is where his talent and expertise lies. I guess he just wanted to be seen on TV which he've achieved. If he invested all that time improving his production game he would've been better off. I mean, he've succeeded or aided in taking the Nigerian music beat one direction. Every music in Nigeria now is same fast dance beat. No creativity anymore!. You can literarily use one beat to sing 100 Nigerian songs these days!. Just yesterday I mistook Timaya for Kcee or Inyanya, until the radio said it was Timaya.

I've never heard Don Jazzy produce Reggae, rock, blues, hip hop. We've had people like Lemmy Jackson in the 80s and 90s who produced from Majeck Faskek, Ras Kimono, Oritz Wiliki, Evi Edna Ogholi, Isaac Black, Onyeka Owhenu, e.t.c. Yet, you'll never hear Majek Fashek song and mistake it for Raskimono. You'll never hear Evi Edna Ogholi and mistake it for Onyeka Ownenu. Every artiste's beat was distictively different.

Lemmy Jackson was a producer with a difference. The best music producer ever to grace the face of this country.

One clear example of this one direction phenomenon is the artiste D'Ja and Sheyi Shey, even Tiwa Savage. Just D'ja's and Shey Shey's voice doesn't suggest they're azonto or highlife artises. This's the voice of a pop stars not azonto!. How do you see Taylor Swift singing highlife or azonto?. ......SMH

I wish him good luck, anywhere.
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 28, 2015
Luukasz:

When i said there's more to success than just hardwork i didn't just blurt it out i said it from 3sides
1.Reality
2.Personal Experience/People around me
3.Some Successful people
And mind you i didn't say one shouldn't be harworking what i mean is that hardwork doesn't guarantee sucess

I have never seen someone that is good in what s/he does in any important field of human endeavor, work hard and smart but failed to acquire wealth and fame. For all I know, in hard work lies luck. Bro, if truly you have not made progress in your life despite working hard, then I boldly put it to you that you either did not master an important art (no matter how hard a barrow pusher work, he can never acquire wealth through the proceeds of his labor, unless he's smart enough to save and diversify to something more important to the human beings- common sense), or you are not as good as you think you are in what you does, or you have not been working smart all the while. Tell yourself truth and see yourself soar higher in the coming year. Once more, I say, one should not plant an orange and expects to pick an apple.

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by excellentmomma(f): 6:30am On Dec 28, 2015
VickyRotex:
So he knows he has a frog voice.

Na im talk am, no be me undecided

Yea but unique and lovely that I wondered why he wasn't singing all this while.

Most of them good singers have cracked voices, Davido etc
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Kylekent59: 6:30am On Dec 28, 2015
Reason I don't wana be a musician is;
When you die and ur music is a bad one or a rugged type, you will be tormented in hell. Cus lucifer him self will say is dis all u did only. Use wisdom if u knw what am saying. Dnt quote me wrong plzzzz. I knw where all dis artist are going.
I think I made d right decision. Am gona be happy if flavor becomes a pastor
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by miqos02(m): 6:35am On Dec 28, 2015
ok
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by banio: 6:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Enjoy
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by AOB1: 6:39am On Dec 28, 2015
drizslim:
which one be pawpaw island again nah only banana island I know grin grin
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by thunderbabs: 6:40am On Dec 28, 2015
E pass frog voice.

Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 28, 2015
My celebrity crush, don't go pleaseeeeee.
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by AOB1: 6:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Wetin concern me mtcheew sad
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 28, 2015
ur choice not mine,

Am just a helpless fan
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by Luukasz(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2015
Empero1:
[s]I av never seen someone that is good in what she does in any important field of human endeavor, work hard and smart but failed to acquire wealth and fame.For all I know, in hard work lies luck. master an important art[/s]
I still stick to my gun "Hardwork doesn't guarantee success" i knew a couple of guys who are smart in their work,who had the right skills,who are even in the perfect field but they are still struggling to be successful
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by MrsAnyanwu(f): 6:58am On Dec 28, 2015
drizslim:
ya wicked, I swear......
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by praxisnetworks: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2015
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by miketayo(m): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2015
ramond007:
ibo boy has his plans!!do u thing he will retire in the true sense of it!?nna watch him and see,he will release like 30 albums at ones next year!!!

Ur English though grin
Re: Don Jazzy To Retire As An Artiste In 2016 by simplisity(m): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2015
I see jst behond retirement and allmost everyone here dont have d eye to see that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibile Shows Proof That He Takes Care Of Segun Wire / Empress Njamah Hits Abuja With Her Fashion Brand, House Of Empress (Photos) / Eva Alordiah's New Vs Old Look: Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.