Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods (5233 Views)

I Just Discovered This Section..i Really Wanna Learn How To Write... / Divepen1(me), Larrysun, Kayemjay And Frank316 At A Conference (pix) / Is Divepen1 A Feminist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ClassCaptain(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
repogirl:
Mr. ClassCaptain, are you still a writer or musician?

You never got back to me after I replied your mail, wetin hapun?

..am both and still many more ..sincerely ma ..I never saw the reply....I hope I dont mind if u could send it afresh ?? or better still we converse on twitter @TheOlaoluwa
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by repogirl(f): 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
ClassCaptain:

..am both and still many more ..sincerely ma ..I never saw the reply....I hope I dont mind if u could send it afresh ?? or better still we converse on twitter @TheOlaoluwa
okay then, twitter, it is.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by johnwizey: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
IMO I think seun thinks he his doing the writers a favour by allowing them pass their message to a wider audience maybe that is why he feels less concerned but I know it's a 50:50 cos he gets more people signing up and the writer gets appreciated too. A story actually made me register and a couple of others too. The likes of frank 3:16, Kayemjay, flow1759, coolval22, petokey etc are nowhere to be found even if they are still around, they just pop in once in a while cos their work is not being appreciated. I don't see seun heeding your advice jare
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by timpaker(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
johnwizey:
IMO I think seun thinks he his doing the writers a favour by allowing them pass their message to a wider audience maybe that is why he feels less concerned but I know it's a 50:50 cos he gets more people signing up and the writer gets appreciated too. A story actually made me register and a couple of others too. The likes of frank 3:16, Kayemjay, flow1759, coolval22, petokey etc are nowhere to be found even if they are still around, they just pop in once in a while cos their work is not being appreciated. I don't see seun heeding your advice jare

I saw him reading the thread and he disappeared swiftly after that. I guess he went to view one of those Instagram post or those post with "Graphic, viewer discretion is advised" grin
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ghostwritter(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
Omotayor123:
But some people.. Cc. Mattkent are still keeping it real.

Make I invite ghostwritter for this matter.
Thanks dear.
Firstly, most writers get inspired and motivated by numbers of comments and positive critisizim which is gradually dieing in d literature section.
Secondly, good stories hardly make d front page.
Thirdly, very good writers ought to be compensated and make fell wanted by d forum.
Lastly which is d most important, our stories are found in virtually every literature blogs....like what d fu*k. I got to read my stories in other sites.

These are just my own opinion o!

But all said, d literature section made me discover d gift in me. I'm forever grateful and will forever be loyal.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ghostwritter(m): 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Omotayor123:
But some people.. Cc. Mattkent are still keeping it real.

Make I invite ghostwritter for this matter.
Thanks dear.
Firstly, most writers get inspired and motivated by numbers of comments and positive critisizim which is gradually dieing in d literature section.
Secondly, good stories hardly make d front page.
Thirdly, very good writers ought to be financially compensated and make feel wanted by d forum.
Lastly which is d most important, our stories are found in virtually every literature blogs....like what d fu*k. I got to read my stories in other sites.
And some of us don't see it as a must to post (it's not an online exam to be marked at d end)
These are just my own opinion o!

But all said, d literature section made me discover d gift in me. I'm forever grateful and will forever be loyal.

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by kayemjay(m): 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
johnwizey:

Lol..

Someone called my name.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by petokey: 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
johnwizey:

Wow! I just heard/saw my name. Like seriously?

Lolz! You kind of lightened my mood after a disappointing match between Man United and Chelsea.

Thanx for remembering me.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by 1miccza: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
repogirl:
I have been a writer on this section for over three years now and it is regretful to say that the section has been left to degradation.

Writers have now migrated to the romance and sexuality sections in order to get more readers and appreciation for their works.

What crime did we commit in here that our works can't grace front page anymore? All we beg for is a little recognition especially for the hardworking, upcoming writers here. It just isn't fair.

I think the blame falls on the mod in charge, he probably needs assistance and that's why I am advocating for literary inclined, passionate contributors from this section to help out.

I hereby nominate Divepen1 for Mod/asst. Mod for Lit. Section and Llaykorn mod for poetry section.

Both members have been dedicated to this section for years now... And have shown a passion for literature and poetry.

I have been in talks with them and they have agreed to do their best to revamp the section.

Below is evidence of threads they started to boost activity in the section

Divepen1

https://www.nairaland.com/2824710/lit-sec-dying

https://www.nairaland.com/2631127/write-shortest-flash-fiction-not

https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread--day1-sept30

Llaykorn
www.nairaland.com/2708057/npc-collaboration-poetry-competition-season

www.nairaland.com/2610139/six-word-poem-game-whos

www.nairaland.com/2097730/word-picture-recharge-challenge-submission-thread

www.nairaland.com/2045307/poetry-classes-beginners-npc-signup

Please let's do this for all literature lovers on Nairaland. This section has a lot of untapped potential...all they need is a little recognition for their efforts.

Oga Seun, please remember us at this end.... We still deserve to be on the front-page. It was a story by Virgo, Umari Anyim on the frontpage that made me pick up my pen and begin writing again and Nairaland has taken me quite beyond my own expectations.

All I ask is that you continue to do this for others. Thank you.

Cc: Seun
Ishilove
Mynd44
LarrySun

Nice move maam. Back then the literature section brought back my poem writing skills. I particularly miss Cuddle mii.... Where is She?? Thumbs up for this great move...

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ghostwritter(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
LarrySun:
I seriously think you guys are just wasting your time. The admins won't listen to you. I think they want the section to rot and ooze slime. This section is a proof of the reading culture that's dying in the nation. The moderators don't give a damn about the Literature Section, the supermods don't...and, hell, Seun doesn't! I've sent him mails concerning this section but they were ignored. What makes you think he would listen to you this time around? This is basically another thread that would be swept under the rug, or damned into obscurity. However, if by some divine means, you are heard, I hope the nominated enthusiasts would show their mettle and recommend sensible topics for front page. We really don't want to soil the reputations of the great forum and the dying wonderful section. I've come across some stories so poorly written that they pose danger to the views of innocent readers.

Writers are advised to write stuff that are really frontpage-worthy. You can't honestly write something that leaves a ridiculous trail of grammatical blunders and still clamour for front page. Let's learn to write carefully.
I kadn't hear what ya said clearly Sire, bat i know it made lat and lat af sense knowing it's fram ya.
**u deserve to be ORIJINated Sir, oya take on bottle**

Is Seun Alive?
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by petokey: 6:12am On Dec 29, 2015
The OP is on point, i am solidly behind her...

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by donkross1(m): 7:37am On Dec 29, 2015
Mattkent:

Thanks dear.

we've done our part in making this section come alive. Comments from guys like donkross1, dandypearl, heemah, ysadiq, bellovers, and the rest I can't recall now have made this section vibrant but mods hardly take notice of this. Really dunno why. I noticed guys like divepen and larrysun have been active in this section....maybe they can bring the change we want in this section.

shocked. I do something bad
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Sageez(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
It is a pity that the once vibrant lit forum is now lazily snoring on her sick bed. If changing the mod will make it come around then I see nothing wrong with it. Seun please look into this ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2015
donkross1:

No o.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2015
donkross1:

No o. U r one of the most active guys here so had to mention that.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by donkross1(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Mattkent:

No o. U r one of the most active guys here so had to mention that.

Lol badt guy.

Sageez:
It is a pity that the once vibrant lit forum is now lazily snoring on her sick bed. If changing the mod will make it come around then I see nothing wrong with it. Seun please look into this ASAP.

Seun Should look into it ? What should he look into exactly? First of all we Should all come together and list the problems affecting the Literature section. Par Example :
1) Are the mods competent enough?

2) Why do most writers prefer to post in sexuality section? Is it because there are rules holding em from expressing there piece in literature section?

3) What is been done to protect a writer's piece from being plagiarised?
And so on

Once we have reached a common ground as to what's affecting the section then we can c on Seun to come intervene.

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
Errrrr, I'm a newcomer here, but I think before you call on Seun to "open the gates of Canan" on this section, it needs some serious renovating.

First of all, The quality of english on this literature thread is very................ Disturbing, to put it nicely. There are a number of stories I see on this section with poorly spelled words, bad sentences and the worst of them all: made up entirely of abbreviations. I'm not saying one has to be a professor in English before one starts a story. But one has to at least be coherent. If you, OP, were the owner of Nairaland, would you like stories with crappy english grace the frontpage? I think not.

The second thing I've noticed on this literature section is that there is a lack of ............... That spark, that creativity that makes you hunger for the completion of the story. I don't know what to call it, I'm a budding scientist with a great love for fiction you see.

Now, you can wring your hands and say "but that's the job of the mods" or you can take action yourselves. How? It's quite simple, really. You can offer criticism/advice to any story you read that has the characteristics of a bad/poorly written stories. It's gonna be hard grueling work but hey, nothing good comes easy.

Btw, can you tell me of any War, science fiction and Fantasy stories No offense, but I'm chock tired of reading romance.

Cc repogirl, llaykorn, divepen1 and er............ every devotee of this section.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by donkross1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
SirWere:
Errrrr, I'm a newcomer here, but I think before you call on Seun to "open the gates of Canan" on this section, it needs some serious renovating.

First of all, The quality of english on this literature thread is very................ Disturbing, to put it nicely. There are a number of stories I see on this section with poorly spelled words, bad sentences and the worst of them all: made up entirely of abbreviations. I'm not saying one has to be a professor in English before one starts a story. But one has to at least be coherent. If you, OP, were the owner of Nairaland, would you like stories with crappy english grace the frontpage? I think not.

The second thing I've noticed on this literature section is that there is a lack of ............... That spark, that creativity that makes you hunger for the completion of the story. I don't know what to call it, I'm a budding scientist with a great love for fiction you see.

Now, you can wring your hands and say "but that's the job of the mods" or you can take action yourselves. How? It's quite simple, really. You can offer criticism/advice to any story you read that has the characteristics of a bad/poorly written stories. It's gonna be hard grueling work but hey, nothing good comes easy.

Btw, can you tell me of any War, science fiction and Fantasy stories No offense, but I'm chock tired of reading romance.

Cc repogirl, llaykorn, divepen1 and er............ every devotee of this section.

Well said Sir (do you really want me to put the 'were' grin ) buh there are still some stories that are not based on romance. Check out Accidental Victim by Dioxidane... Tarasha by Oyinprince.... Call of magic by Pabon...

And about the poor use of English cheesy what can we do about that ?
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Teespice(f): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
not trying to be a wet blanket, but I highly doubt this thread will achieve the purpose for which it was created.

the owner of this site is interested in traffic and things that will gain revenue for him, besides how many people of today love to read. long articles posted on other sections are not read, is it now a novel or a poem that would be read.

it is left in our hands to make this section what it used to be. I only hope admin will not frustrate our efforts.

personally, I love this section and I have read many stories even though I hardly comment on them.

what will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
donkross1:

Well said Sir (do you really want me to put the 'were' grin ) buh there are still some stories that are not based on romance. Check out Accidental Victim by Dioxidane... Tarasha by Oyinprince.... Call of magic by Pabon...

And about the poor use of English cheesy what can we do about that ?

Thanks for pointing me to those stories. Will check it out promptly.
Well, things will be better if the Moderators of this section add a guideline banning the use of bad english but there are some things you can do yourself.

1) You can open a "new and improved" guideline for writing proper, then continue "bumping" it so as to attract the attention of new writer

2) Once you open a story written in bad english, you could advice the Author to write proper.

3) If after several advices/criticisims, you could tell people to stop commenting altogether. It's a bit harsh but I think his/her inspiration will flame out when he realizes no one is listening.

Those are the solutions I can think of right now.

And yes, you can add the were gringrin
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by donkross1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Teespice:
not trying to be a wet blanket, but I highly doubt this thread will achieve the purpose for which it was created.

the owner of this site is interested in traffic and things that will gain revenue for him, besides how many people of today love to read. long articles posted on other sections are not read, is it now a novel or a poem that would be read.

it is left in our hands to make this section what it used to be. I only hope admin will not frustrate our efforts.

personally, I love this section and I have read many stories even though I hardly comment on them.

what will be will be.

You have spoken well ma'am. About the admin frustrating our efforts, that is why we have to always raise our voices anytime we want anything.

SirWere:
Thanks for pointing me to those stories. Will check it out promptly.
Well, things will be better if the Moderators of this section add a guideline banning the use of bad english but there are some things you can do yourself.
1) You can open a "new and improved" guideline for writing proper, then continue "bumping" it so as to attract the attention of new writer
2) Once you open a story written in bad english, you could advice the Author to write proper.
3) If after several advices/criticisims, you could tell people to stop commenting altogether. It's a bit harsh but I think his/her inspiration will flame out when he realizes no one is listening.
Those are the solutions I can think of right now.
And yes, you can add the were gringrin

Lol these your solution tho cheesy, let's see what others have to say anyways.

SIR WERE grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Afz9095(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
SirWere:

Check out The Last Wolf series by Solomonbrown64 and A tale of legend by Vantee20 also
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 27, 2016
petokey:

Wow! I just heard/saw my name. Like seriously?

Lolz! You kind of lightened my mood after a disappointing match between Man United and Chelsea.

Thanx for remembering me.
grin this got me rolling on the floor grin
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Eze2000(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
repogirl:
I have been a writer on this section for over three years now and it is regretful to say that the section has been left to degradation.

Writers have now migrated to the romance and sexuality sections in order to get more readers and appreciation for their works.

What crime did we commit in here that our works can't grace front page anymore? All we beg for is a little recognition especially for the hardworking, upcoming writers here. It just isn't fair.

I think the blame falls on the mod in charge, he probably needs assistance and that's why I am advocating for literary inclined, passionate contributors from this section to help out.

I hereby nominate Divepen1 for Mod/asst. Mod for Lit. Section and Llaykorn mod for poetry section.

Both members have been dedicated to this section for years now... And have shown a passion for literature and poetry.

I have been in talks with them and they have agreed to do their best to revamp the section.

Below is evidence of threads they started to boost activity in the section

Divepen1

https://www.nairaland.com/2824710/lit-sec-dying

https://www.nairaland.com/2631127/write-shortest-flash-fiction-not

https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread--day1-sept30

Llaykorn
www.nairaland.com/2708057/npc-collaboration-poetry-competition-season

www.nairaland.com/2610139/six-word-poem-game-whos

www.nairaland.com/2097730/word-picture-recharge-challenge-submission-thread

www.nairaland.com/2045307/poetry-classes-beginners-npc-signup

Please let's do this for all literature lovers on Nairaland. This section has a lot of untapped potential...all they need is a little recognition for their efforts.

Oga Seun, please remember us at this end.... We still deserve to be on the front-page. It was a story by Virgo, Umari Anyim on the frontpage that made me pick up my pen and begin writing again and Nairaland has taken me quite beyond my own expectations.

All I ask is that you continue to do this for others. Thank you.

Cc: Seun
Ishilove
Mynd44
LarrySun

You are on point repogirl. I'm beginning to regret writing here myself although I'm relatively new to it. No recognition whatever.

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by orijintv(m): 8:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
Mai Nigga . . I Want Eida Larrysun , Oyinprince , Ironkurtain Or Even D9ty Sef . . This Guys Are King Of Literature !!!! Trust Mhe
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Obinnau(m): 8:07am On Apr 26, 2016

(1) (2)

A Little Brain Teaser Guys!!! / The Witch Hunters: To Hunt A Level Four - A Contemporary Fantasy / A Road To Nowhere (all episodes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.