Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,525 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC (18146 Views)

"I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande / Ben Ayade May Defect To APC Soon, As He Meets Kwankwaso, Okorocha, Obaseki / Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by FemiFaniKayode: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There you go again... You aren't being honest!

1. At no time was Fashola EVER regarded as the party leader in Lagos state. Tinubu called the shot! The structure of Lagos APC is firmly on Tinubu's grip and Fashola has never had even a fraction. Same applies to Ambode.

2. Saraki was seen and still seen as the leader of APC Kwara. No time did Ahmed concede to him. The party structure of Kwara is firmly in Saraki's grip.

3. George Akume is party leader in Benue state NOT Samuel Orthom, who is the Governor. #Fact!

4. Ribadu and others are victims of Nigeria political system but I commend them for not bending to status quo. They might not have won offices at the end (politics is about winner and losers per time), but they have sent a message.

5. I am 100% in support of Faleke to seek judicial redress(he may win or lose, that's left to the court).

I'm sorry people like you are the reason political elite are manipulating the system unchallenged. Happy NY in advance

Young man you are mixing a lot of things up!
Your definition of a leader is the Mr talk all but that is not realistic in real life politics.

Let me break it down fory you, in politics we have those that are leaders, godfathers and kingmakers.

A leader in most cases can be a kingmaker and godfather while the kingmaker May not necessarily be a party leader same with a godfather.

Is GEJ leader in Bayelsa? No is Godswilll Akpabio leader in Akwa Ibom? No is Aliu leader in Sokoto? No is Ayim Pius leader in Ebonyi? or is Obasanjo a party leader? No but they are all kingmakers and godfathers in their own r right.

In politics anytime a sitting governor who is the leader of the party conceedes certain decisions to kingmakers and godfathers doesnt make the later leaders of party vut because the leaders of the party need these kingmakers so they can continue to stay relevant and have that grip.

Obasanjo in his first tenure was just a figure head leader of the party Atiku called the shots but in his second term became a brutal leader with strong kingmaking and godfathering qualities and that started the kill of PDP.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Holuwadammie(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ribadu is coming back to APC.... He only has to apologize to the elder stateman of the party for a warmth welcome to APC....
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by seyi360(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
As unstable as Ribadu
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by diegwu01: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Like Ribadu like Tele Ikuru.
While Ribadu may easily be let back into the PDP fold by Buhari, i dont think it would be the same with Tele Ikeru
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by IBBG(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
it will be a huge political mistake if Nuhu decamps to APC. because he is in line to become PDP presidential aspirant for 2019. he alone has the pedegree to bring back the presidency to PDP especially with his running coming southeast, be rest assured he has our massive vote from south south and south east, splitting the vote in North with buhari, as well as winning just a fraction of the west.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by IBBG(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
it will be a huge political mistake if Nuhu decamps to APC. because he is in line to become PDP presidential aspirant for 2019. he alone has the pedegree to bring back the presidency to PDP especially with his running coming southeast, be rest assured he has our massive vote from south south and south east, splitting the vote in North with buhari, as well as winning just a fraction of the west..
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by Marvin67: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Only an ignorant person will abuse Ribadu.

I remember when Ribadu left for PDP, I was devastated because I was pro-APC as at then. Less than six months later, I (myself) left APC to PDP. Many felt let down and bad but I later understood why Ribadu left in the first instance.

A man like Ribadu is a man of integrity. He couldn't stand corrupt Nyako as his leader. He believed that Nigeria need change and he switched to PDP that he feels he can actualise it (though he stood higher chance in APC but we all know that Atiku as party leader will NOT support Ribadu as APC candidate). Unfortunately, forces even within the PDP in Adamawa worked against Ribadu candidacy. They knew that a Governor Ribadu will mean "No Business as usual". Right now, the guy can't cope witj the position of his party and majority chieftains on corruption. I mean, a man like Ribadu can't endorse shielding corrupt people under any guise. If he wants to return to APC, the APC should see it as a boost to their image. Ribadu is an asset! He's the man I want PDP to jealously guide. Should he leave, it will be a heavy blow to PDP. The era where goats will seek for more power after eating yams is over. Votes now counts.

Bros. No cause for alarm. Although I understand your point.
But I doubt if Ribadu would decamp. He'd remain in PDP quietly as he knows that he stands a huge chance of becoming president in 2019, when PDP would field a northern and. South east running mate. The only other northerner PDP has is Dankwambo, but Dankwanbo doesn't have the popularity in south, and with a candidate like Ribadu, most neutrals would be attracted.
Did you read the part where he said "party differences should not cause......" The meaning of that is that he still sees himself as a PDP man. It's just like saying okowa of Delta state wants to decamp because he once paid for an advert promoting Buhari. Not every PDP man can be like FFK and Fayose
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by feedthenation(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
I knew it, most of our politicians like Mallam Ribadu are known to be without any strong conviction of political ideology. They jump from one party to the next, where their bread will be buttered & their tea will be sweetened.

I personally don't have any believe in Ribadu...there goes the 'potential PDP presidential candidate' as stated by Barcanista...
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
Marvin67:

Bros. No cause for alarm. Although I understand your point.
But I doubt if Ribadu would decamp. He'd remain in PDP quietly as he knows that he stands a huge chance of becoming president in 2019, when PDP would field a northern and. South east running mate. The only other northerner PDP has is Dankwambo, but Dankwanbo doesn't have the popularity in south, and with a candidate like Ribadu, most neutrals would be attracted.
Did you read the part where he said "party differences should not cause......" The meaning of that is that he still sees himself as a PDP man. It's just like saying okowa of Delta state wants to decamp because he once paid for an advert promoting Buhari. Not every PDP man can be like FFK and Fayose
You have spoken well. Ribadu has what it takes to challenge President Buhari in 2019. But PDP need to start acting sane so as not to annoy credible members.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by sunnyrock: 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
He don they hungry.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by NewGombawa: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
[size=36pt] I am confused with this man ooo.... [/size]

Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by wealth123: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
You too na wash for not commenting sensibly.

demarc001:
The same people they tagged "corrupt" and yet they will still welcome them to their party. Everyday PDP spoil naija yet APC keep making friends with them. All na wash!
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by demarc001: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
wealth123:
You too na wash for not commenting sensibly.

Yes na you I dey wash!
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by bamid2: 12:38am On Dec 30, 2015
Ribadu made the biggest political mistake when he defected to PDP. The biggest loser in the last election was not GEJ but Ribadu. If Ribadu had stayed put in APC, he would have been the most trusted lieutenant of PMB because of his anti-corruption streak. He would have been the "prime-minister" and engine room of the Buhari school of spartan political movement. Infact, Buhari would even have been grooming him to take over in 2019 given the elder stateman"s age. He would have been looking at streamlining his political machinery with the help of JAGABAN to favour Ribadu if he wants to go the South African route ala MANDELA-MBEKI method. Don't forget everything would have favoured Ribadu. He is a muslim, fulani, young, sellable to the youth, passionate about Nigeria, hates corruption and comes from the same state with Atiku who will no doubt want to wrestle power if PMB decides to relinquish power to a much younger person. The only person that fits that bill now is El-rufai. Sometimes, when i think of Ribadu, i feel very pained because he was not well informed. His political advisers should get another job asap. Even the sagacious and highly educated El-rufai would not have been able to wrestle power from Ribadu if Baba buhari decides to relinquish power in 2019. The best thing Ribadu can do is to go back to APC and begin to see how he can remain relevant again bottom up but he should forget the presidency because he is a spent force. In Nigerian politics especially in APC, Loyalty is everything and he does not seem to have an ounce of that at the moment. I rest my case.
Re: Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC by billyG(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
demarc001:

http://www.punchng.com/ribadu-visits-akande-may-defect-to-apc/
Nuhu u fucckup!u wuld hav been Adamawa guvnor now if u are patient & remain in APC. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Election: Protesters Storm INEC Office In Abuja (video) / Tribunal In Ogun Nullifies Segun Adekoya, PDP Reps Member’s Election / 2019 Presidential Election: Facebook Closes Pro-Buhari Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.