Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? (677 Views)

Share Your Experience How You Came Across Nairaland / MONICKERS! How Did You Come Up With Yours? / Different Kinds Of Beggars You Come Across On The Street Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Well I think this topic has been created before but I think it was a long time ago, so I decided to come up with it once again just to refresh our memory on how we found ourselves here and also reminisce on the good times we have had here.
Before I proceed it will be very unappreciative of me not to give honour to whom honour is due, ranging from the one and only CEO of Nairaland in the person of Mr Seun Osewa for this wonderful initiative and the ever gallant moderators that has made this place a home away from home for most of us.
The gospel truth is that there is no day I log in to this forum that I don't find something fascinating that will make me forget what I was doing before logging in. And it has been like that since I joined this forum, I don't regret joining this forum for any reason.
Well I have been here for not too long but I also cannot call myself a newbie here
Because:
> I was here when Nairaland celebrated the attainment of 1,000,000 members smiley
> I was here when Nairaland started advert placement.
> I was here when the notification menu for quotes/mentions was added cheesy
> I was here when Nairalanders started sending PMs to each other wink
> I was here when Nairaland got hacked by end time hackers!
> I have been banned on Nairaland like thrice, if you have not been banned then. you are missing. Lol, cos it's fun also. U go see how people go dey open new accounts in order to beg the MOD to lift ban like say na food. I guess seun as sacked those sadistic MODS that ban people for no reason, because it has reduced these days. I hope am save sha!! Na jokee o grin
I use to be an addicted Nairalander until I decided to give myself a break when Nairaland wanted to kill me, I no fit read well again for school cos Nairaland don take hold of my life, lol. So I had to give myself a break because of my final year project which need enough attention.
Now I don dey serve for one village for edo state, I had to run back to my dear Nairaland before I die of boredom.
Sorry for the short story/introduction now back to the topic:
As for me I came across Nairaland on one Nokia phone browser I was using back in those days, Nairaland was included in the bookmark so I decided click on the site and behold I saw the hidden treasure, I was a guest for more than 2 years before I decided to register and later got to know that I had been missing a lot by not registering since.
But at least I thank God I have one or two stories to tell about Nairaland, the journey has been smooth my brothers and sisters.
Let's hear from you, how did you get know about Nairaland and when?
I think if we turn up on this thread it's gonna be fun. Compliments
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by tungstar(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2015
Can't remember
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by Meeloreh(f): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2015
My sister "harbeodune" always show me stuffs from here, so I decided to take a look at it one afternoon and I ended up joining the next week
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by nnadychuks(m): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2015
op how you did come across google is how i came across nairaland
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by PROVERBZ(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2015
i found nairaland while searching for the strongest military in africa at first i didnt knw hw to navigate myself tru the site but wit tym i started enjoying my self here
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2015
You were here only a year before me yet saw the forum hit a million users? I came here exactly the same month a year later but users were only a million and a half, maybe even less -- slow growth, extremely slow growth for a country with our population.
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by jaymejate: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2015
[size=13pt]I registered around 2012, i don't comment cos i don't know how to, that time o.

Later i stopped coming here.

In 2013 when i was seeking for info on Polyibadan admission, i was just surfing the Internet, I got into Nairaland again, this time I've forgotten my username nd password, so i re-registered.

I was here when NL was hacked, then we lost some data, informations actually. (that time ehn, seun no rest... Na dat time i know say he be conc yoruba man grin)

I've been banned for like 10times in all sections. I love bans. And if i catch dat guy wey de ban me(I'm sure you know say na joke, b4 dem ban me for threatening, rule number 3) grin
Ban is like a becoming a Ghost walking about, you will see a post that you will love to comment but you can't. Enforced Ghost mode grin
[/size]
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by elkonS: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2015
gb
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Na na 4th account be this..Only God knows wetin dey make me forget password as we dey enter new year.."2016" Go better..

Bro introduced it to me tho,na ishilove,idowuogbo,Flow1789 or so dey reign dat time..That tenure don end like jona own
Re: How Did You Come Across Nairaland?? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 29, 2015
WeedSeller:
Na na 4th account be this..Only God knows wetin dey make me forget password as we dey enter new year.."2016" Go better..

Bro introduced it to me tho,na ishilove,idowuogbo,Flow1789 or so dey reign dat time..That tenure don end like jona own
lol na era of "lalasticlala" we dey now, small topic like dis na hin name dem go mention. hin sef don popular pass seun. hin herbalist try well well.
"mynd44" too is still relevant but not like before, that guy no won retire at all.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Nairaland Man Or Woman Of The Year And Why?? / My Observation.... / Graphic photos from the yesterday's night fire outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.