Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

South South Is Not Biafra And Will Never Be Part Of Your Joke Called Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Is Not Biafra And Will Never Be Part Of Your Joke Called Biafra (2219 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / South South Is Not Biafra And Will Never Be Part Of Your Joke Called Biafra / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: South South Is Not Biafra And Will Never Be Part Of Your Joke Called Biafra by Titto93(m): 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
I'm happy that the people of SS are finally speaking with one voice. South South is the most united region as far as I'm concerned. Nothing good can come out of South South joining biafra. I've been observing this particular section on nairaland for a very long time and one thing I've seen here is desperation by the igbos to lump SS into biafra. I've also noticed that whenever anyone speaks against them they usually tag such people as yoruba and equally question their right to speak by asking them if they speak for the entire SS. What does that show to any sensible individual whose brain cells are working at full capacity? Simple, it shows a group of people who thrive on theft, propaganda and bitterness.
South South is a geopolitical entity created by the north to divide and rule but you forgot that the same south east was still an entity created by the north. I've been opportune to visit Abia, Anambra, Imo and Enugu and I can categorically tell you nairalanders that they're dirt poor. After the north they're next. Nothing grows in their soil. Their lands are wastelands. The likes of tonyebarcanista, spanishkid, mulattoclaro, enahi, edcure, truckpusher, Goodboiyy, martineverest, fineguy11 etc have already spoken the minds of 98% of SS/ND. The igbos speaking parts of Delta, Edo and Rivers that they claim contribute nothing to these respective states.
If there's anyone who's guilty of the divide and rule, it's the igbos. You argue about who's niger deltan and who's not. This is the 21st century, so you igbos had better wake up and smell the coffee. SS is not joining biafra. Not now not ever.
Why should I be concerned when the post came from a "NOBODY"

1 Like

Re: South South Is Not Biafra And Will Never Be Part Of Your Joke Called Biafra by Deadlytruth(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2016
The mere fact that Igbos keep trying to force themselves on the SS even though the SS people themselves have consistently rejected the idea only means that Igbos are worse than colonialists. Why can't Igbos accept whatever the South-South peoples call themselves? Why trying to tell me whom I am? The mere fact that Ojukwu unilaterally and without consultation lumped the Southern-Eastern minorities with Igbos in his proposed Biafra does not make it eternally binding and can't hold the SS people if they claim they are no longer interested in having anything to do with Igbos. The mere fact that Edo/Delta formerly shared the Western Region with Yorubas did not make them Oduduwans. If Yorubas are not presently claiming that Edo/Delta people are Oduduwans, I keep wondering why Igbos keep claiming the people of Old Rivers and Old Cross River are Biafrans against their own will. I no dey again, na by force?
Under circumstances that make the creation of the SS a commendable act the Igbos claim responsibility ...... I have seen such a post here....., but when the existence of the same SS becomes a minus for Igbo secessionist movement they claim it was created by Hausas and Yorubas to divide and rule Biafra. Anyone who disagrees with them over the SS/SE contraption is automatically a Yoruba person. Who is fooling who?

Since Igbos now say that it was both Hausas and Yorubas that created SS for the purpose of divide and rule between Igbos and their "brothers" one would have logically expected Igbos to tag as Hausa/Yoruba anyone who disagrees with them, but they quickly tag such only Yorubas and forget the Hausa component. It shows Igbos really have nothing against Hausas whom they frequently claim are Islamic Jihadists but have everything against Yorubas.

I also observed that Igbos believe Itsekiris, Urhobos and all other Delta State's tribes are not related to Edos but are related to Biafra and claim Edo is not part of the SS but part of Yorubas.
This is the grandest self-delusion I have ever seen in any people. Even the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Isokos, etc all claim with their own mouths that they migrated from the ancient Benin Kingdom. In fact they have very similar cultures with Benin people and language elements similarity with Binis. Most tribes in Delta State don't regard the coronation ceremonies of their new Kings completed if representatives from Oba of Benin's Palace have not arrived to perform some rites for the occasion. In fact the Itsekiri's Olu of Warri refer to the Oba of Bini his father. I wonder why Igbos who claim Itsekiris are Biafrans are blind to the "Olu" (a Yoruba word) in the title of the Itsekiri leader? Even the traditional ruler of Urhobo towns all regard the Oba of Benin as their ancestor. It is even in most other parts of Edo State like Akoko-Edo, Owan and Etsako that not much allegiance or homage is paid to the Oba of Benin.
I don't know why Igbos keep looking for alternate realities in their quest for self determination.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. / ‘Niger Delta Avengers Ready To Negotiate With FG’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.