Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,851 members, 7,820,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. (2219 Views)

Buhari's Whereabouts:what Are Nigerians Afraid Of? / Are Nigerians Afraid Of Buhari? / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Resource Control? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by pacretus(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2016
I'v NOTICES THAT EACH TIME NIGERIANS HERES OR SEES THE WORD BIAFRA,THEY USUALLY SEEM DISTURBED.
SO MY QUESTION IS"DO WE LOVE IGBOS,WE JUST WANNA KEEP THE TITLE"GIANT OF AFRICA.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by wittyt98(m): 3:27pm On May 03, 2016
nd who told u Nigerians re scared of Biafra ....re u sure u re not high on meth or weed?? its better u say in your house not Nigerians. better goan eat something nd take a nap to clear the effect of the weed u smoked ...tcheeew see dis mumu o Nigerians re scared of biafra or biafrans lol I laugh in pidgin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by pacretus(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2016
for me,i'm kinda scared of living with an hausa man.oo.. And yorubas no dey get action. BIAFRA "MUST NOT GO". I'm an EDO boy sha.(takes a bow)

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by tayebest(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2016
goan ask Gowon! cry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Adminisher: 3:49pm On May 03, 2016
Annoyed not Afraid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by victorvezx(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2016
we are angry and annoyed with the name, not afraid. There is difference between being annoyed and afraid. The name Biafra disgusts so many people because of the agitators rude behaviours

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by deltalife(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2016
I have wondered why they just shouldn't be allowd to go xpecially the betreyers!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 03, 2016
Its repulsive
Together with the flag
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by snika: 4:42pm On May 03, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Its repulsive
Together with the flag
Adminisher:
Annoyed not Afraid.
victorvezx:
we are angry and annoyed with the name, not afraid. There is difference between being annoyed and afraid. The name Biafra disgusts so many people because of the agitators rude behaviours

So why do you prefer to lump yourself together with something that makes you so uncomfortable? Say people, say this isn't a symptom of mental disorder?

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 03, 2016
snika:

So why do you prefer to lump yourself together with something that makes you so uncomfortable? Say people, say this isn't a symptom of mental disorder?

No, three people with the same option what does that tell you statistically?
Get some education, will you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Incredibleme: 4:53pm On May 03, 2016
I'm Igbo and i dread Biafra. cn't live with the fact that i might loose my Nigerian identity and spirit. igbos separating from nigeria is like me separating from my right hand. I'd be handicapped.

PROUDLY IGBO
PROUDLY NIGERIAN.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by snika: 4:55pm On May 03, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

No, three people with the same option what does that tell you statistically?
Get some education, will you?
I understand where you are going, William Shakespeare. Question is why are many people (not all Nigerians though) so afraid/visually annoyed/scared of the word Biafra?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 03, 2016
snika:

I understand where you are going, William Shakespeare. Question is why are many people (not all Nigerians though) so afraid/visually annoyed/scared of the word Biafra?

If you understand where i'm going why then do you keep repeating the question like a broken mixtape?
You need to seek help. ASAP. Also posting images of people and then editing said image wont help your cause
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by snika: 5:04pm On May 03, 2016
Incredibleme:
I'm Igbo and i dread Biafra. cn't live with the fact that i might loose my Nigerian identity and spirit. igbos separating from nigeria is like me separating from my right hand. I'd be handicapped.

PROUDLY IGBO
PROUDLY NIGERIAN.

Being Igbo doesn't make you lose your Nigerian identity - since I understand it's very important to you. You see, just like many Nigerians are struggling for American visa, there are some Americans that have settled and nationalized in Nigeria.

When Biafra Republic is actualized, you can apply for VISA and become a Somalian citizen or whatever that pleases you because psychophants won't be allowed in Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Ngozi123(f): 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
They're scared of change- real change, not the type that APC said they would implement, which is akin to stuffing all of your mess into your closet and saying that you 'cleaned' your room. For those who'll accuse me of being a PDP supporter, in this analogy, PDP are the ones who made the mess in the first place...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Incredibleme: 5:22pm On May 03, 2016
snika:

Being Igbo doesn't make you lose your Nigerian identity - since I understand it's very important to you. You see, just like many Nigerians are struggling for American visa, there are some Americans that have settled and nationalized in Nigeria.

When Biafra Republic is actualized, you can apply for VISA and become a Somalian citizen or whatever that pleases you because psychophants won't be allowed like in zoo republic.
nice stage drama! you just demonstrated ur naivety. I am from Imo paternally and from Delta maternally and i like my single citizenship. thank you...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 03, 2016
Why would Nigerians be afraid of Biafra when it is actually vice versa. I mean it's in history that Nigeria has once conquered Biafra and we (Nigerians) have decided to colonize the so called biaFrans. So I don't see any sense in your post because most people who claim biafrans are rude, ignorant, uninformed and confused. Go and ask from kanu about who is scared of who. I'm sure he'll have one or two things to tell undecided angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by iSlayer: 5:47pm On May 03, 2016
There's only one group that dreads it-Y..... The one on top me^^^^^ has lost it

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by snika: 6:02pm On May 03, 2016
sabiguy:
Why would Nigerians be afraid of Biafra when it is actually vice versa. I mean it's in history that Nigeria has once conquered Biafra and we (Nigerians) have decided to colonize the so called biaFrans. So I don't see any sense in your post because most people who claim biafrans are rude, ignorant, uninformed and confused. Go and ask from kanu about who is scared of who. I'm sure he'll have one or two things to tell undecided angry

This is the only logical counter reply I've seen in this thread albeit it's void of common sense just like the others. Now, since you've made a point, why have you decided to make yourself alien to any development in the name of "conquering and colonizing" others when the people you claim to colonize have moved on, bought up most of your lands and are doing far better than you the "colonizer"?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 03, 2016
Biafra must come whether they like it or not. They all think that without Niger Delta oil resources they won't survive. There is no going back on Biafra nation.... It can only tarry to come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 03, 2016
snika:

This is the only logical counter reply I've seen in this thread albeit it's void of common sense just like the others. Now, since you've made a point, why have you decided to make yourself alien to any development in the name of "conquering and colonizing" others when the people you claim to colonize have moved on, bought up most of your lands and are doing far better than you the "colonizer"?

Young man, it'll be my pleasure to constructively address your grievances as stated in your analysis. By the way, what do you mean making myself alien? Can you please expantiate? Because the last time I checked, the real Nigerians are still fully in charge of the affairs of Nigeria. Since we embraced democracy, a southwestern South southerner, and of course northerners has been trusted with the privilege of the most powerful office in the nation and I can't recall that same office ever being entrusted so some sections who claims to be enemy or rebel to Nigeria. That's to tell you who and who is alien.

Having said that, as for the colony, yes it's totally apparent that most eastern lands don't welcome other tribes as they would be frustrated out of their land and it is also my honor to explain to you that the act of welcoming easterns to progress in other part of the country is a way of colonizing their mentality to be open minded and accept others in their land to ensure national development, hopefully someday they will be civilized enough to understand that analogy.

Did you say far doing better than me?? Now I just want to take that as a joke from you.

I hope I have been able to educate you on the importance of Nigeria to your so called imaginary and impossible country. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by snika: 8:29pm On May 03, 2016
sabiguy:

Young man, it'll be my pleasure to constructively address your grievances as stated in your analysis. By the way, what do you mean making myself alien? Can you please expantiate? Because the last time I checked, the real Nigerians are still fully in charge of the affairs of Nigeria. Since we embraced democracy, a southwestern South southerner, and of course northerners has been trusted with the privilege of the most powerful office in the nation and I can't recall that same office ever being entrusted so some sections who claims to be enemy or rebel to Nigeria. That's to tell you who and who is alien.

Having said that, as for the colony, yes it's totally apparent that most eastern lands don't welcome other tribes as they would be frustrated out of their land and it is also my honor to explain to you that the act of welcoming easterns to progress in other part of the country is a way of colonizing their mentality to be open minded and accept others in their land to ensure national development, hopefully someday they will be civilized enough to understand that analogy.

Did you say far doing better than me?? Now I just want to take that as a joke from you.

I hope I have been able to educate you on the importance of Nigeria to your so called imaginary and impossible country. cool
Sire, I read your epistle and couldn't grab a thing. Just stay in your cage and don't come out again, please.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 03, 2016
snika:

Sire, I read your epistle and couldn't grab a thing. Just stay in your cage and don't come out again, please.

Yea I understand your plight and I never expected any tangible response. I'm sure you can't meet up with such level of understanding yet. Just keep the post till you grow up and come back to read it years later. Thank me then.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by cedar3: 9:12pm On May 03, 2016
@Sabiguy, if we continue with this mentality, believe me, Nigeria will never ever progress to the extent we want it. From all your posts, all I can decipher is tribal hate and someone who is at war with himself. Sorry if I sound harsh but that is the truth. The war was finished over 45yrs ago, so let d sleeping dog lie. As for me, the Biafran course will eventually see the light of day, it can only be delayed. And by the way, if we are such bad people as you portray us to be, why can you people just swallow your phlegm and let us be? Talk of a man that hates his wife and still can't divorce her.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 03, 2016
cedar3:
@Sabiguy, if we continue with this mentality, believe me, Nigeria will never ever progress to the extent we want it. From all your posts, all I can decipher is tribal hate and someone who is at war with himself. Sorry if I sound harsh but that is the truth. The war was finished over 45yrs ago, so let d sleeping dog lie. As for me, the Biafran course will eventually see the light of day, it can only be delayed. And by the way, if we are such bad people as you portray us to be, why can you people just swallow your phlegm and let us be? Talk of a man that hates his wife and still can't divorce her.

Like you said it was finished 45years ago and who is now brining it up again? Why would a sane set of people want to re invoke a 45 yrs old dead issue again instead of moving forward. I am not at war with myself and point of correction, nobody hates you rather it's vice versa. Talk of a nagging wife that refuses to move on after an issue but keeps bringing it up again to draw back whenever the marriage is moving forward to happiness
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by gidgiddy: 9:22pm On May 03, 2016
Incredibleme:

PROUDLY IGBO
PROUDLY NIGERIAN.

Igbo is the identity bestowed by your ancestors and decided by God. Nigerian on the other hand was an identity forced on you by British business men. If Lord Lugard had wanted, he could have given any name he wanted. All these people calling themselves Nigerians, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba didn't even know each other 200 years ago, today they are willing to kill each other for 'one Nigeria'. Nigeria is just a colonial identity, you cannot be proud of such a name more than the very identity God gave you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by cheruv: 9:38pm On May 03, 2016
Incredibleme:

PROUDLY IGBO
PROUDLY NIGERIAN.
All these odua insurgirls self undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by cedar3: 10:24pm On May 03, 2016
sabiguy:

Like you said it was finished 45years ago and who is now brining it up again? Why would a sane set of people want to re invoke a 45 yrs old dead issue again instead of moving forward. I am not at war with myself and point of correction, nobody hates you rather it's vice versa. Talk of a nagging wife that refuses to move on after an issue but keeps bringing it up again to draw back whenever the marriage is moving forward to happiness
Because we are yet again toeing the path dat led to dat bloody war. Had it been Nigeria provided an equal playground, maybe dis issue won't have been resurrected.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by deltalife(m): 10:26pm On May 03, 2016
Incredibleme:

nice stage drama! you just demonstrated ur naivety. I am from Imo paternally and from Delta maternally and i like my single citizenship. thank you...

IMO people are the problem of the Biafrans
Just the same way betreyers are the problem of Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by DauraDullard0(m): 11:21pm On May 03, 2016
Adminisher:
Annoyed not Afraid.
Why are you particularly annoyed?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Feelingfree: 11:47pm On May 03, 2016
sabiguy:

I will be very dissapointed if you are an adult. The tone of your text still begs the question...why are Nigerians so 'annoyed '/ worried when they hear about Biafra?

Could it be the fear that Niger delta will prefer to go with Biafra than stay with the rest of Nigeria; which means oil is gone?

Could it be that allowing Biafra will set in motion the processes for the total disintegration of nigeria? As other disgruntled sections will seek their own self determination?

Could it be that a certain section will lose the goodies from the south in an eventual dismemberment of the nation?

The south western part enjoys being the driving force economically- and no wonder other ports just wouldnt work effeciently- could they be worried this balance will be altered if Biafra is actualised?

Why else would you keep someone u claim to detest if not for perculiar selfish gains?

So its rather simple. ..allowing Biafra will distort the balance the north and southwest are enjoying.

PS: the Igbos stand to lose plenty with Biafra. ..businesses and livelihood in other parts of the country will be at risk of being 'taken over'...still Nigeria wont let them go. So yes, life as they know it will change drastically if the elite let Biafra happen

Think before you type and be mature

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 12:07am On May 04, 2016
Feelingfree:

Truth is... The eastern elites, eastern elders, reasonable and well informed easterns would never agitate for Biafra because of their true understanding of its meaningless. Biafra is only being agitated by jobless, lazy and uninformed youths who have no idea what happened 45 years ago.

If truly the elites and elders in the east wants and supports it, they definitely know how to conspire to make it happen, but they understand better how It will be a self destruct mission for easterns hence why the real easterns would never want Biafra.

Only the touts and lazy jobless ones who knows not what they re talking about keeps disturbing the peace of a nation

I think you are actually the one who needs to think, research history and get facts right before you talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny, Interesting Memes About Former President Goodluck, Buhari & Tinubu / Election Tribunal Paste Copy Of PDP Election Petition At APC Secretariat,Edo(pix / Don't Let them Kill me Kanu Begs Trump For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.