Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai (19846 Views)

Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Analysiscorner: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
OLADD:

While I concur with many of the points you raised, I think Olisa Metu and the PDP leadership have done a good job by not playing politics with insurgency and lives of fellow citizens unlike what Lai Mohammed and APC did when they were in opposition. The party had made its position on security well spelt out from the onset.
Such maturity, nnaa!

1 Like

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
XXCASH:

You have a good point but believe me, the vindictive nature of this current administration will make you hide. And take this word from me, nobody and I mean nobody be it APC or PDP that has been in govt is 100% clean. You see how they picked Saraki's case from 2003.
So really I cant blame them. This admin hates opposition and can do almost anything to quench it.

Well, I wish them well; as if they will be in power forever.

2 Likes

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by OLADD: 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
kaorama:

Well, you might may right, but I strongly wish PDP can do better, especially now Lai Mohammed has sworned to bewitch the entire nation and cast a thick spell of deception on everyone.

My brother, it's just a matter of time. Lai Mohammed will definitely burn his fingers and shoot Buhari's govt in the leg.

3 Likes

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by anonimi: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
What was Comical LIAR Mohammed giving Boko Haram terrorists when he was in the "opposition".
Shameless old man of a bloody HYPOCRITE.
He probably thinks we are all THOUGHTLESS memory-less zombies that follow their useless party anyhow ni.

Chimerase:
Action Congress of Ni-geria, ACN, has said that the recent proscription order against Boko Haram and Ansaru, desirable as it may be in tackling the terrorist organisations, violates the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by stifling the press and tampering with the fundamental human rights of Nigerians.

A statement in Ila-Orangun, yesterday, by ACN’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the order also makes it easy for an increasingly intolerant government to clamp down on the opposition, which its sees more as an irritant .

In the alternative, ACN called on the Federal Government to clarify the knotty and vague areas of the open-ended order, that may end up punishing journalists and infringing on the civil liberties of the citizens more than it will curtail activities of the sects.

The party said: ‘’Against the background of insinuations in government circles, let us be clear that we do not condone the activities of these sects that have killed and maimed innocent Nigerians and turned a section of the country into a battle field.

“Terrorism in all its ramifications is condemnable, and no responsible government will allow any group, no matter its name, grievances or ideology, to carry out terrorist acts unchecked.

“But we believe that whatever action government takes— even in an emergency— must pass the constitutional test, especially since the relevant sections of the Constitution have not been suspended.”

It said the offensive section of the order is Section 5 (1), which prescribes a term of imprisonment of not less than 20 years ‘’for any person who knowingly, in any manner, directly or indirectly, solicits or renders support for the commission of an act of terrorism or to a terrorist group.”

ACN said “support,” as defined by the order, includes “incitement to commit a terrorist act through the Internet, or any electronic means or through the use of printed materials or through the dissemination of terrorist information.

“Is this subsection not in conflict with Chapter II Section 22 of the Nigeria Constitution which says ‘The press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media, shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people?’

“By stifling the press, is the order not abridging a part of the fundamental human rights guaranteed every citizen under Chapter Four of the Nigerian Constitution in Section 39 (1), which states thus: ‘Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference?’”

ACN said the Nigerian government must take a cue from what obtains in other countries, especially in the USA, which are also battling terrorism, adding that the media in those countries have continued to report freely on activities of the global terrorist organisation, Al-Qaeda, despite the horrendous attacks it has carried out in the US and Europe, among others.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/proscribing-boko-haram-ansaru-wrong-says-acn/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by ADEMOSU(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lair Lair ! How many times did i call you . desist from been a propagandist . Your role has changed from the pre election period , an accurate information devoid of impressing Nigerians will help us see APC as a party with integrity .

stop playing to the gallery

4 Likes

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by MadeInSpain2015(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Make unaa stop talking abouit party here,PDP talk this and dat,APC talk this and that...what we need is New Nigerian...if u are PDP or APC,we dont care...just New Nigeria.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by FKMagazine(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lie muhammed...like father like son in LAHA

2 Likes

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Kaylexzy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:
Humanbeings are now Soft targets

Sister, I swear I tire ooo...

WTF Does he even me by soft targets

And who are d hard targets sef
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by tsure2: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:
Humanbeings are now Soft targets

Soft target means a person or thing that is relatively unprotected or vulnerable, especially to military or terrorist attack
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Gaskia: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
mytime24:

please this is going too far.

@Lai, media giving Boko haram oxygen?

how have they (APC + Channels + CNN + Amaechi + Rochas + Ali Ndume, Buhari + Kwankwqnao + Oby Ezekwesili + Elrufai + OBJ + Tinubu + all irational haters of GEJ) forgotten so soon?
A few months ago, still this year, they were all feeding Boko haram with steroids, food, multivatamins, bottled water and liver..... the evil that men and women do.....

2 Likes

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by nwadiuko1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
power belongs to the NUT as you rightly said but so does boko haram
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by TimeManager(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
@Analysiscorner, how do you mean that Lai "encouraged media aloofness to the suffering of our troops". Are you probably pulling off another propaganda yourself?
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by HzRF(m): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
TimeManager:
Hon. Lai is spot on. Only disgruntled jesters wanting to skin him alive. Life is dropping off Bokoharam and are struggling with breathe. They resort to the tactics of trying to have a last bite. BH has been decimated technically. Why wouldn't you find out on Suicide Bombings and discover that the strongest of security apparatus are yet grippling with it. So much for shallow-mindedness.
No Lie Only Truth!

Pls grow a brain

U need it
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Alexander001(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
I was ashamed when he made that comment, he even compared France and USA with Nigeria insurgency. he went ahead to say that we should expect more bombing and more people will die. I was wat dafuq.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by ajepako(f): 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
In simple language, Comical Liar is appealing to the media not to report or under-report the activities of boko haram to hide his oga's failure and ineptitude.

Conveniently forgetting how he and APC courted the support of the media to undermine the last administration.

Now he wants to silent the media. God no go gree am..

Hypocrite..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by ajepako(f): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
scotred19:

What is this boko haram member saying? See your mouth like Power belongs to the north, what do you have to show for it Poverty? Illiteracy?? Terrorism?? Un-development??

The lease states in the east is far better than 80% of the states in the north.

Don't mind the sallah ram..
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by danehijan: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lai Mohammed just got aware that propaganda is a tool to fighting war, I think that is what he is leveraging on to counter the press oxygen for BH. When the press publish that BH attacked here and there they becomes more motivated. Lier Mohammed only want to discourage BH by saying they are defeated. Some of use knows it was a false conspiracy to mislead the public. Why I am worried is the lies which they have said they will not tell Nigerians when the president was accused of talking against the nation economy abroad. Today what we have seen is even more superior lies and deceit. Is this how we are going to continue?
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by HirstMOG(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lai muhameed “Of course, I also mentioned that the terroristswill continue to attack such targets as markets, motor parks, entertainment centres and houses of worship; and this is exactly what is going on". If i may ask you lie muhameed, where are Boko haram been targeting since they started their operation in Nigeria I advise you lie muhameed to keep lying APC out of power come 2019.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by banio: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
When U burn bush because of bush meat. Don't 4get wind could direct the fire to your house

When PDP was in power, U applauded the media. Now it's your turn, so face the music
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
hmohammed:

Are u blind. What is d meaning of undevelopment? What is also d meaning of lease? I'm sure. U wanted to say least. Ode
U SEE NOW, HE HAS DEFEATED U HANDS DOWN. WHY DID U POINT OUT THE MISTAKES IN D SENTENCE? CASE CLOSE. ANY OTHER THING U SAY WIL NT MAKE ANY MORE SENSE CUS U AV AWARDED UR MARK AND AV NTN MORE 2 SAY.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Omeny: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
What does this liar really have against the Media?

Is it not the media they used for their propaganda and criticism to an untold height some few months ago?

They never start at all, the media haven't even started with them!

Them go hear am!

We are watching so closely!
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by tuborme: 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
And the death belongs to the north abi?

Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
Why didn't you write this when GEJ was in power.
Yeye.
I didn't write it because GEJ was an irresponsible leader who refused to see reality of the security threats then and allowed his govt to blame the opposition as the funding power for bokoharam..
1. When the iyanya bomb last tuk plaz, what did GEJ do??
He went to kano the next day to campaign and was found dancing with a woman giving him buts shamefully.
2. When the chibok girls were kidnapped, hw long did d govt live in denial of d event?? 3 solid weeks...constantly harassing the movement and the leaders of BBOG. Have we forgotten hw they were driven by NPF and tear-gased??
3. GEJ and his service chiefs NEVER visited north east..until the famous six weeks electoral shifting...may I remind u his funny response as to not visiting there
4. In whose govt was there mutiny in the military then talk of morethan once...
5. In whose govt did BH morethan twice invaded military baracks and chased away personels seizing equipments
Need I say more? Now who is the yeye now??
Don't you EVER try to compare GEJ to any Nigerian leader; because he presided the economy when oil was selling for over $120/barrel...what did he do with such opportunity He and his fellow rogues almost bankrupted the nation..
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by ujezeez(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Liar Mohammed is the main 'oxygen giver' of boko haram attacks,his unguided n reckless statements in the past few days are disturbing.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
I hope sincere apc zealots can come out open to condemn this mumu minister buhari took about 6month's to appoint...

How can a minister say this......this is the same fool who used the media to tarnish the image of the previous government completely...
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
kaorama:
Drunkenness is bad. He is only saying this and getting away with it cos PDP is a party that doesn't know their left from their right. I have been expecting PDP to rise up to the challenge of letting Nigerians know how much APC is deceiving Nigerians, but behold, PDP doesn't have the ideas to pay back APC in their own coins. No body in PDP knows what to do, even media houses like AIT who should be on ground in Bornu this time around to expose the dismal failure of APC in tackling the insurgency is shying away from their responsibility. Their reporters are all seated comfortably in their ABUJA studio browsing for news in the internet. No body that has anything to do with PDP is willing to make sacrifices. Channels TV which was the subtle propaganda mouth piece of APC has suddenly gone silent. The carnage that was recorded in Maiduguri over the weekend never attracted their attention. And this morning Maope Ogun and co sat comfortably in their cushion to make some cursory remarks about the explosions in Maiduguri. If it were in the time of GEJ, Channels' Maope Ogun and co would be standing up and with much energy, throwing punches at Goodluck as if he was personally responsible for the insurgency. I hope and wish PDP and their supporters would rise up to their challenge of providing a strong and determined opposition.
Channel TV is APC and APC is Channel TV. Same as Naira land Management.

1 Like

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Omeny: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Going through comments here, I can see it is donning on Nigerians especially our Yoruba youths both Christians and Muslims that it is not all that glitters that is Gold!

It is good and easy to libel and sweet talk down on ur opponent especially when inner hatred is involved! But can u give to pple all what u promise them when eventually u are given the chance?

I believe our govt start paying out #5000 to does they labelled most venerable and poorest in the society come 2016!

Our children in public primary sch are waiting and praying for the free meals promised them by APC come 2016!

I pray for this govt to succeed and meet the hope of many Nigerians especially our indefatigable youths!

But the kind of hate and insults we melted out to the person of our former president GEJ is what we will ask forgiveness for from God!

Happy better and more prosperous year 2016!

God Bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by lumeneng22: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
This man need a doctor from yaba left. I hate reading his stories so that I can avoid migraine headache.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by vislabraye(m): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
kaorama:
Drunkenness is bad. He is only saying this and getting away with it cos PDP is a party that doesn't know their left from their right. I have been expecting PDP to rise up to the challenge of letting Nigerians know how much APC is deceiving Nigerians, but behold, PDP doesn't have the ideas to pay back APC in their own coins. No body in PDP knows what to do, even media houses like AIT who should be on ground in Bornu this time around to expose the dismal failure of APC in tackling the insurgency is shying away from their responsibility. Their reporters are all seated comfortably in their ABUJA studio browsing for news in the internet. No body that has anything to do with PDP is willing to make sacrifices. Channels TV which was the subtle propaganda mouth piece of APC has suddenly gone silent. The carnage that was recorded in Maiduguri over the weekend never attracted their attention. And this morning Maope Ogun and co sat comfortably in their cushion to make some cursory remarks about the explosions in Maiduguri. If it were in the time of GEJ, Channels' Maope Ogun and co would be standing up and with much energy, throwing punches at Goodluck as if he was personally responsible for the insurgency. I hope and wish PDP and their supporters would rise up to their challenge of providing a strong and determined opposition.

On point. You dey mind Maope ? They try to look objective but I know she's biased. It is left for we, Nigerians to speak out. We can't let ourselves to be fooled. Channels spend less of their time discussing boko haram.
Lai Mohammed should be flogged and stoned to death.
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by maestroferddi: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
kaorama:
Wonderful points you just made.

Channels TV is a failure waiting to happen, if you ask me. Their implied complicity in this whole charade called APC government will certainly come back and bite them in the long run.

No amount of parading of cheap laurels will mitigate against Channels' predilection to toe the establishment line at the expense of diligence...

1 Like

Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by nikz(f): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
Why is lai saying glamorizing Boko haram bombings by the media should stop? So he doesn't want nigerians to know abt the bombings going on? Pls someone should tell him to watch aljazeera, cnn, sky news, euro news etc to see how the media talk about ISIS and their daily activities. What a party? Are they trying to hide the fact that people are dying every other day? Do nigerians mean anything to this people? Human lives are now soft target. Jesus pls save us
Re: Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai by Ajalekoko76(m): 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
Deceit trademark of APC and Lai.

Soft targets.... This man called Lai Mohammed is a LIAR. Human lives were lost u say soft targets .

When Ministers and APC chieftains become victim of Boko haram... U will call it hard targets....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Support Operation Crocodile Smile / APC, Oyetola Vow To Approach Supreme Court Over Osun Governorship Election / With Functional Refineries, Petrol Will Sell For Less Than ₦‎200 – IPMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.