Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

On Secession: A Legal Perspective - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Secession: A Legal Perspective (10400 Views)

Good Bye To Secession, A United Nigeria!!! / Falae: Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If… / 1953 - Nnamdi Azikiwe Speech On Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by kayfra: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

God forbid I should gloat over victory after war! nor do I envy victors of war. my heroes are those who looked pregnant women, the aged and infants in the face and say for your sake "I will follow peace with all men" the journey to self determination is shorter and jollier when the pathfinders are not greedy scoundrels who seek facist hegemony underneath a facade of liberation.

for you to be my leader in a war in wish I may be called upon to lay the ultimate sacrifice I must know the following.

1.Your pedigree. overnight crusaders is a no no.
2. You must be temprate. If you are inhuman to your enemies by seeing them as less than humans you will definite abuse power over your own friends and kindred.
3. You must have plans from A-Z.
4. You must have the fear of God.
5. You must be prepared to sacrifice your life and those of your comrades only when it is required to prevent CLEAR and PRESENT DANGER threatening the existence of your country men.

For the number five pls read the American Declaration of independence 1776. something like human beings are disposed to suffering whilst evil is sufferable than to abolish the system to wish they are accustomed for LIGHT and TRANSIENT Causes. Biafrans suffer no peculiar evil in Nigeria. in fact, they are constitutionally empowered more than 96% of Nigerian tribes per capita. some tribes don't even have a single minister!

Yes we can ask for more and fairness in federal character. but to put people in harm's way or jeopardize the peace of a whole region because of Federal Character is the height of criminal irresponsibility. When the music is over, as usual, who will be without chairs?!

Bottomline: we all want fairness in the system but no one should be a 'jumping pad' or 'target practice' for anyone to enjoy fairness. that in itself is primitive wickedness to those who are too ignorant to discern that they are the pawns!

N.B. Kanu first step is to propagate separation and to request money to by arms.

What happens to vital supplies of food and medicine in the event of sudden escalation of hostility. What will be the purchasing power of the average biafrans in sudden outbreak of war? This is not guerrilla warfare where rebels depend on the economy of the hostile state. Even fighting BH within north east is hell for civilians how much more fighting separatists in a compact region.

We call for peace not because of a particular indispensable value any region brings to the table but because the discomfort of separation through exuberant threats is unbearable and yields no advantage to anyone based on the morally bankrupt foundation of the architects thereof.

CC kayfra

Bravo!

I am so impressed with this post, you can't even imagine.

2 Likes

Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by MadamT(f): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
As a quiet observer on these forums, I must say this thread is one of the very best I've read here.

I normally avoid posting on Nairaland as I see some posters running rampage, insulting all and sundry. I'm not for that so I stay mostly on offline read mode only.

But I've logged on today so I can post a well done to the OP (Kayfra), Super1star, TruthToPower and few more for addressing points with facts and not emotions.

This, IMO, is the type of thread to take to front page.

5 Likes

Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by Super1Star: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
MadamT:
As a quiet observer on these forums, I must say this thread is one of the very best I've read here.

I normally avoid posting on Nairaland as I see some posters running rampage, insulting all and sundry. I'm not for that so I stay mostly on offline read mode only.

But I've logged on today so I can post a well done to the OP (Kayfra), Super1star, TruthToPower and few more for addressing points with facts and not emotions.

Thank you MadamT.

This is how NL used be in the early days before it was invaded by low lifers around 2009.

2 Likes

Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by TRUTHTOPOWER: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
MadamT:

We try so hard to maintain silence but silence itself could be so deafening on issues of war and well-being of the country. thanks, ma for your appreciation. I guess some of us are aware of the Intelligence Gallery where people like you monitor events on the floor. cheers ma.

1 Like

Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by kayfra: 12:44am On Dec 31, 2015
MadamT:

Thank you!
Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by cbravo2: 8:07am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by cbravo3: 8:09am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: On Secession: A Legal Perspective by ayobase(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
baralatie:

Well! the USA before almagamation and after almagamation are totalling different.the majorities rule in the u.s is heavily entrenched so it is more easier to amend than to think of insertion.
And amending "na die" for america

As for Britain,it is a well total,different "wahala".
They will shoot the person first before listening to insertion

We are having Brexit already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pipelines, Flourmill Factories Causing Delay In Linking Lagos Rail To Seaport / Oshiomhole Not Under House Arrest – John Mayaki / Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.