Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,155 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... (6734 Views)

Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps / 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' / Ben Murray-Bruce Commends Buhari's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 5:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Ghandi12:
Chai! But President Buhari and APC are supposed to be a departure from "corrupt and anti-people" PDP.

PRESIDENCY 39,124,978,809
(How many human-beings make up Presidency?)
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY 115,000,000,000 (How many human-beings make up NASS?)

But we are supposed to be broke! We are even heading towards recession 2016 with this budget relying heavily on loans! The more I read the budget break-down the severe the headache I am having now gets.

I am still on Page 16 but I want to quickly tender unreserved apologies to Ex-President Jonathan for tagging him and his government corrupt. We have continued the "corruption" where he left it so nothing has changed.

I must study this "2016 corruption plan" from beginning to the end Insha Allah.

Something you never did while your hero was in office you now want to do since he is out of office . Did your hero not wanted to buy new cars for the presidency even when the ones in use are almost brand new?
No apologies to you and your hero.
And yes there are more people in the presidency then in the national assembly yet the presidency got less than the national assembly.
Your hero neven implemented any of his budget more than 30% just watch and see how to implement budget.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by adconline(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

Something you never did while your hero was in office you now want to do since he is out of office . Did your hero not wanted to buy new cars for the presidency even when the ones in use are almost brand new?
And yes there are more people in the presidency then in the national assembly yet the presidency got less than the national assembly.
Your hero neven implemented any of his budget more than 30% just watch and see how to implement budget.
Living in a fool's paradise

5 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2015
God will bless your going out and your coming in today. Your day shall be fruitful in JESUS NAME(AMEN) Have you taken time to thank God for making you see today 30th Dec. Many people planned for today,but they are no more to witness today. Its 100% Grace that you are alive today,if you agree to that click like and if you believe you are entering into 2k16 with lots of blessing click share. Meanwhile if you are yet to receive Christ into your life,now is the time to do so. Tomorrow might be too late...

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Ghandi12: 8:16am On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

Mr Rolings check my post history.

We already know there are 469 lawmakers in the NASS and we are going to be maintaining them with N115 Billion naira next fiscal year. Please how many people make-up Presidency?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by JANK23H(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2015
Lalasticlala do the needful, Nigerians need to see this and make their input. This thread needs intelligent debate.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2015
Ghandi12:

Mr Rolings check my post history.

We already know there are 469 lawmakers in the NASS and we are going to be maintaining them with N115 Billion naira next fiscal year. Please how many people make-up Presidency?

Wrong there are more than 469 people that make up the national assembly if you include the assembly service commission staff . For your information presidency include state house staff ,presidenntial aides and agencies directly under the presidency.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by wheredemdey: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2015
Cpiano:
God will bless your going out and your coming in today. Your day shall be fruitful in JESUS NAME(AMEN) Have you taken time to thank God for making you see today 30th Dec. Many people planned for today,but they are no more to witness today. Its 100% Grace that you are alive today,if you agree to that click like and if you believe you are entering into 2k16 with lots of blessing click share. Meanwhile if you are yet to receive Christ into your life,now is the time to do so. Tomorrow might be too late...

^^^^

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2015
adconline:

Living in a fool's paradise

If you insist Nigeria will not be great.,then the greatness will be achieved behind your back.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Ghandi12: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

Wrong there are more than 469 people that make up the national assembly if you include the assembly service commission staff

I agree there are other NASS staff. Please how many are they? 20? 50? 100? What is the total annual salary expenditure for these supporting staff? N1 Billion? N5 Billion? N10 Billion? I will give you a model:

If there are 100 supporting staff in the NASS being maintained with N500,000 per month It will take the following to offset their upkeep in one fiscal year

100 x N500,000 x 12 months = N600,000,000

So it is safe to say supporting staff budget in the NASS is not expected to be more than N2 Billion for a fiscal year

This implies about N(115 - 2) Billion is going to be expended on 469 lawmakers.

But in this same nation this NASS is supposed to be caring after:

^^About 2 million of the population are IDPs lacking basic needs of life
^^There have been an unprecedented loss of jobs in the last year and this is expected to continue into 2016
^^The price of the main income earner of the nation had dipped by as much as 70% in the last year and expected to slip further 2016
^^ Also remember that more than 70% of the nation's 180 million population is living in poverty

Government is designed to improve people welfare. How come this budget takes too much care of "supposed leaders" while the common man groans under economic hardship?

Rolings:

For your information presidency include state house staff ,presidenntial aides and agencies directly under the presidency.

Please give the total number of staff in the Presidency and the names of these MDAs under Presidency you talk about. I will prove to you the budget can never be justified.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2015
Ghandi12:

I agree there are other NASS staff. Please how many are they? 20? 50? 100? What is the total annual salary expenditure for these supporting staff? N1 Billion? N5 Billion? N10 Billion? I will give you a model:

If there are 100 supporting staff in the NASS being maintained with N500,000 per month It will take the following to offset their upkeep in one fiscal year

100 x N500,000 x 12 months = N600,000,000

So it is safe to say supporting staff budget in the NASS is not expected to be more than N2 Billion for a fiscal year

This implies about N(115 - 2) Billion is going to be expended on 469 lawmakers.

But in this same nation this NASS is supposed to be caring after:

^^About 2 million of the population are IDPs lacking basic needs of life
^^There have been an unprecedented loss of jobs in the last year and this is expected to continue into 2016
^^The price of the main income earner of the nation had dipped by as much as 70% in the last year and expected to slip further 2016
^^ Also remember that more than 70% of the nation's 180 million population is living in poverty

Government is designed to improve people welfare. How come this budget takes too much care of "supposed leaders" while the common man groans under economic hardship?

Please give the total number of staff in the Presidency and the names of these MDAs under Presidency you talk about. I will prove to you the budget can never be justified.

But stop beating about the Bush and stop this nonsense analysis you can't prove nothing because you don't know what you are arguing about , national assembly members have aides, at least 4 each . Besides the budget is for both recurrent and capital expenses.
I won't let you drag me into an argument on a matter you know little about. You are just envious because your party never ever presented anything close to this in 16years
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by JANK23H(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

But stop beating about the Bush and stop this nonsense analysis you can't prove nothing because you don't know what you are arguing about , national assembly members have aides, at least 4 each . Besides the budget is for both recurrent and capital expenses.
I won't let you drag me into an argument on a matter you know little about. You are just envious because your party never ever presented anything close to this in 16years
Please take this candid advice...... SHUT UP!!

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2015
JANK23H:

Please take this candid advice...... SHUT UP!!

Or
You and your entire family go and hug the nearest transformer ba
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by JANK23H(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

Or
You and your entire family go and hug the nearest transformer ba
Grow a brain my friend, unless you want to tell me you are paid to be foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 9:53am On Dec 30, 2015
JANK23H:

Grow a brain my friend, unless you want to tell me you are paid to be foolish.

Who is your friend,I don't befriend juveniles who refuse to listen when they are wrong and are unwilling to learn.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by chinchum(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2015
The figures are ridiculous, and if true, cause i have not perused and check the links, they must be called out and shame, the mods must take this to frontpage.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Ghandi12: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

...nonsense analysis you can't prove nothing because you don't know what you are arguing about...

You just give numbers to your assertions and see if I can prove something or not.

Rolings:

...national assembly members have aides, at least 4 each . Besides the budget is for both recurrent and capital expenses.

We had your kind here under the ousted PDP government doing exactly what you are doing. Celebrating waste and crass. You always ignore real people's pains and concerns. What is a broke third-world lawmaker doing with 4+ aides? Especially when the broke nation appears to be walking into recession 2016.

I hope you are getting paid for defending anti-people actions and policies. Because the politicians that have people's mandate have promised us zero-based budgeting where only projects that have immediate and direct impacts on the masses will be given priority.

Alas! we have been trying to link the 2016 spending plan to our immediate needs without success.

Rolings:

....You are just envious because your party never ever presented anything close to this in 16years

I have advised you to peep into my previous posts and see where I am coming from. The only party I belong to is good governance - I respect authorities but I don't worship mortals.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by adconline(m): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

If you insist Nigeria will not be great.,then the greatness will be achieved behind your back.
Willful ignorance at its best. Nigeria can never be great with profligacy. Presidency budget in 2015 is N6.6bn while GMB increased it to N39bn in 2016..a 600% increase. So does it mean that his workforce and expenses increased 6 times?? He doesn't want to make any sacrifices!! Greatness is attained only by doing things right not by saying it!!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by kYjelly2: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
what do you expect from rolings after he has been throat fvked by buhari and dem

mouth gushing with semen as he spews trash undecided

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Amitex(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
If NASS does not throw out this budget, Nigerians (including civil society) should "OCCUPY NIGERIA" again.
This is a total rape and a slap on our collective sensibilities
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
adconline:

Willful ignorance at its best. Nigeria can never be great with profligacy. Presidency budget in 2015 is N6.6bn while GMB increased it to N39bn in 2016..a 600% increase. So does it mean that his workforce and expenses increased 6 times?? He doesn't want to make any sacrifices!! Greatness is attained only by doing things right not by saying it!!

Read what you wrote and modify accordingly ,I know in your desperation to seem to be making sense you have mixed everything up. Everything was allocated little amount in 2015 except the pocket of gej and his thieving cronies.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ghandi12:

You just give numbers to your assertions and see if I can prove something or not.

We had your kind here under the ousted PDP government doing exactly what you are doing. Celebrating waste and crass. You always ignore real people's pains and concerns. What is a broke third-world lawmaker doing with 4+ aides? Especially when the broke nation appears to be walking into recession 2016.

I hope you are getting paid for defending anti-people actions and policies. Because the politicians that have people's mandate have promised us zero-based budgeting where only projects that have immediate and direct impacts on the masses will be given priority.

Alas! we have been trying to link the 2016 spending plan to our immediate needs without success.

I have advised you to peep into my previous posts and see where I am coming from. The only party I belong to is good governance - I respect authorities but I don't worship mortals.

Nigerian economy has been going into recession for about 3 years now but gej and noi keeps telling us otherwise ,where were you then? All of a sudden you have become amateur economist just because your voodoo economics is busted and reality stares the nation the face. If you really belong to good governance you won't come out to be giving this analysis. While we were voting gej in 2011 nobody said anything but soon as we decided to vote someone else we have started worshiping mortals. Kontinu
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by adconline(m): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

Read what you wrote and modify accordingly ,I know in your desperation to seem to be making sense you have mixed everything up. Everything was allocated little amount in 2015 except the pocket of gej and his thieving cronies.
It's not my job to spoon-feed u with accurate facts. "I don't believe it" doesn't win argument, but facts do.. Bring them on!!
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Dbboy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Rolings:

Nigerian economy has been going into recession for about 3 years now but gej and noi keeps telling us otherwise ,where were you then? All of a sudden you have become amateur economist just because your voodoo economics is busted and reality stares the nation the face. If you really belong to good governance you won't come out to be giving this analysis. While we were voting gej in 2011 nobody said anything but soon as we decided to vote someone else we have started worshiping mortals. Kontinu

please if you have nothing tangible to say shut up, what is it with you people and the last govt focus on building Nigeria because as far as am concerned history would always read that during the time of Good luck Nigeria had it so good that our economy became the largest in Africa while under Buhari in less than 7 month Nigeria stated suffering under austerity measure due to his stubbornness, selfishness, stupidity and his inability to see that the success of Nigeria economy depend on carrying all along as a team.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Rolings: 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dbboy:

please if you have nothing tangible to say shut up, what is it with you people and the last govt focus on building Nigeria because as far as am concerned history would always read that during the time of Good luck Nigeria had it so good that our economy became the largest in Africa while under Buhari in less than 7 month Nigeria stated suffering under austerity measure due to his stubbornness, selfishness, stupidity and his inability to see that the success of Nigeria economy depend on carrying all along as a team.

You started the comparison man by comparing what the last government budgeted and what the current government is budgeting so I will also refer to the last government in my analysis. That said.,why is it that you people can never see anything positive in this governmenr?
Change is difficult so is taking the lead in the introduction of a new order for the leader has for enemies those who benefited under the old order and lukewarm defernders in those will benefit under the new.
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
adconline:

I don't think you should expend your energy my brother.!!
Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by likila: 4:30am On Jan 17, 2016
From roadside akara frying to 1.9 billion naira food!
hmmmmm

Re: Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... by jamace(m): 5:51am On Jan 17, 2016
Hmn. Looting embedded budget!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Task FG To Beef Up Security, Commiserate With Fasoranti / ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade / People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.