Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant (6724 Views)

See 20 Countries Currently Agitating For Their Independence worldwide (pic) / Anybody Who Bombs Himself Thinking He Will Go To Heaven Is Delusional – Sultan / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
With the recent statement attributed to Libyan Leader Muammar Gaddafi and others right here on Nairaland who are recommending that Nigeria be divided into "God knows how many countries" in a bid to solve our myriad problems. I can only say that it is a only delusional individual who at best is ignorant about our nations true problems.

Some one should please give me a break with this so called clamour for break up as a solution to our problems. I think Gaddafi is probably one of the most confused leaders africa can boast of giving his contoversial history,The dude doesn't even understand what he's talking about giving the fact that he has the slightest understanding of Nigeria's actual problems.

Bad governance is probably been our biggest problem since independence and lets face it, Our bad governance is responsible for the other hydra headed monsters such as corruption,poor infrastructure, lowered standard of living, you name it.

Its quite funny that i recently started reading about the agitation for a "Nigeria break up" online on Nairaland,with several threads focusing on the subject however it took a new dimension with Muammar Gaddafi’s recent statement. It only shows that like Gaddafi, these people are ignorant of Nigeria and its root problems.

The fact is neither Gaddafi nor the Nairalanders agitating for the break up have the slightest idea of what they are talking about. Breaking up will not solve the problems already inherent to Nigeria. Breaking up will not make your refineries work nor put food on your table .

No doubt the reoccuring decimal in Nigeria presently is the jos crisis and for a fact i believe that this may have triggered people's agitating that Nigeria breaks up. But lets face it,breaking up will in no way solve our problems. The Jos mayhem may be one to many,but you and i know that a lot of the root causes of most ethnic /religious un rest is materminded and sponsored by a group and this could still happen in any society no matter how little the country may be. What i expect is that we face the reality that some people out there are underming peace .

I as an individual don't forsee Nigeria breaking up even 50 years from now and can only conclude that these people are just ignorant and delusional.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2010
Okay. Here is a quick translation for those who can't be bothered to read: Anyone with a different opinion from the OP is automatically ignorant and delusional.

Nice.

You know, you should have stated your opinion in the on going thread instead of trying to draw attention to yourself.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Okay. Here is a quick translation for those who can't be bothered to read: Anyone with a different opinion from the OP is automatically ignorant and delusional.

Nice.

You know, you should have stated your opinion in the on going thread instead of trying to draw attention to yourself.

Don't mind him , lol. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Nice.

Contrary to your opinion, Gaddafi's contribution to your "pro break-up Nigeria" camp only confirmed that most of you folks are just ignorant and delusional. A privous thread had already suggested that most of you agitating for a break up have your behinds far away . Not to worry, it's not going to happen in a million years  grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

Contrary to your opinion, Gaddafi's contribution to your "pro break-up Nigeria" camp only confirmed that most of you folks are just ignorant and delusional. A privous thread had already suggested that most of you agitating for a break up have your behinds far away . Not to worry, it's not going to happen in a million years  grin

How are those who have had enough and wanted to try a different approach ignorant?

I am not a fan of Ghadaffi at all. However, just because he wanted a break do not mean he is ignorant. While, I think his idea of breaking up is severely flawed - on the basis of religion - it do not make him ignorant in my opinion.

The thread was a poll. And before it was rigged by our Nairaland IBB, it was clear people want to try something else. I suppose the majority of the people are also delusional? Okay I hear you.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by sjeezy8: 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
where do people even want Nigeria to break up sef ?

Gadaffi is an ediot because that clash was in jos Considered "the North" and it was northern ethnic groups- so wtf is he or any ediot saying
Nigeria cant split up over religous clashes unless you tell all muslim southerners to go to the north and all christians northerners to move to the south. Which is impossible.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

How are those who have had enough and wanted to try a different approach ignorant?

I am not a fan of Ghadaffi at all. However, just because he wanted a break do not mean he is ignorant. While, I think his idea of breaking up is severely flawed - on the basis of religion - it do not make him ignorant in my opinion.

The thread was a poll. And before it was rigged by our Nairaland IBB, it was clear people want to try something else. I suppose the majority of the people are also delusional? Okay I hear you.

Ok i hear you, Let me better understand your supposed claim of " trying a different approach" Can you please enlighten me further ?

Also can you please tell me how many component parts countries you are suggesting Nigeria breaks up into and how that solves the problem of the average common man ?  undecided
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by tkb417(m): 5:48pm On Mar 19, 2010
@OP
The commong factor amongst those agitating for the break up is that they all live abroad

when they move their asses down here, we'll start believing them. Im sure they have read more than enuff history books, hence the opaks they are chatting.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2010
tkb417:

@OP
The commong factor amongst those agitating for the break up is that they all live abroad

when they move their asses down here, we'll start believing them. Im sure they have read more than enuff history books, hence the opaks they are chatting.

Source please?

So out of the over 150 people that vote for the break up of Nigeria - before the poll was rigged - Are you honestly suggesting that greater percentage is from those abroad?

So you think your average Nigerian will not vote to see Nigeria try a different approach even if it means breaking up? You seriously do not believe that or do you? shocked
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
tkb417:

@OP

He we go again, what has living abroad got to do with clamouring for a break up of the country.

Please grow up and stop all this naivety
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
tkb417:

@OP

Even beyond the fact that they are in diaspora,one common fact is that they have the slightest idea on how their so called breakup will better the lots of their citizens of ex Nigeria.  grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
frosbel:

He we go again, what has living abroad got to do with clamouring for a break up of the country.

Jealousy, envy, fear of losing what they have etc.  undecided Again if that is the case, they are perhaps even more selfish. I.e they are not willing to make the sacrifice needed for the greater good.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ Elrazur
Just as i presumed, you will never answer the simple question that i have presented to you on how your gospel according the Nigeria Break Up will solve the present problems on ground. Yet you want us to try a so called another approach.

I suggest you stick to making your beats, where ever it is you are and please let us have some peace instead of agitating for something that will never see the light of day undecided
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by tkb417(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
frosbel:

i dont think you know me cheesy

You have a lot of growing up to do mahn. skirmishes and blood letting here and there, then the next thing is a break up
and if i say it will lead to violence. you'll be quick to say the UN will ensure amicable dissolution

Do you understand what ure chatting? Nigerians agree to an amicable dissolution? any attempt at dviding this country will be met with brutal force by the govt and im sure the already growing armoury of our ready militants will surely escalate this to a full scale war

stop preaching what will not affect you as a Nigerian. If war starts, you ping heads will be laffing ur asses off in the UK
how do u want the down trodden to escape the untold hardship? how do u want professionals to pick up if everything goes gung ho?

you can only assume it wont bring about a war, what if it does?

pleaseee you people should shut the hell up and stop preaching rubbish
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Igwe9(m): 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
seems Gardffi is a member of Nairaland cheesy this his comment came shortly after we had created polls about the subject and seun's inadvertently modification of it to suit his own belief.

I'm happy for once that some others are aware of the happenings in Nigeria.
wink
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Source please?

So out of the over 150 people that vote for the break up of Nigeria - before the poll was rigged - Are you honestly suggesting that greater percentage is from those abroad?

So you think your average Nigerian will not vote to see Nigeria try a different approach even if it means breaking up? You seriously do not believe that or do you? shocked
who cares about about an online poll to determine the fate of over one million people.lets be factual here atleast for once.the people of nigeria should determine their fate for themselves.i think its better if we conduct a referendum in order to solve this problem once and for all.nigeria cant split on a religion path because some people have families with mixed religions but the major problem will be among the south east,south west and south south.people may say we will sort one another afterall we are educated;i bet you the aftermath will be worse off than the present situation.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by tkb417(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Jealousy, envy, fear of losing what they have etc.  undecided Again if that is the case, they are perhaps even more selfish. I.e they are not willing to make the sacrifice needed for the greater good.
yeah right,
OBJ lives in Nigeria and im sure hes jealous of Nigerians living abroad grin grin grin
jokers

and for your last line, we should sacrifice what we have for a better good?
Tell me what good the Liberians and Sierra Leoneans are enjoying after the wars

and one more thing, what do you have to lose as a Nigerian? or the Nigerians at home are the ones that should pay with their lives for a better Nigeria. You people are very smart and sensible
i mean the opposite anyways grin grin grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
After 7 paragraphs the OP neither stated what he thinks are responsible for these problems nor profered a solution for the way forward.

All he did are Abuse, Abuse and Abuse without addressing the core subject . . . . talk about ignorance.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by tkb417(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
mikeansy:

After 7 paragraphs the OP neither stated what he thinks are responsible for these problems nor profered a solution for the way forward.

All he did are Abuse, Abuse and Abuse without addressing the core subject . . . . talk about ignorance.
lol; the guy is short of words grin grin grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

Ok, now that you has let off your steam and exhausted your minority non ignorant and non delusional opinion, can we dare you and your co-non delusional and non ignorant Nigeria rulers to put the question of one Nigeria into a referendum and let us test your theory of IGNORANCE & DELUTIONAL among millions of our people?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

@ Elrazur
Just as i presumed, you will never answer the simple question that i have presented to you on how your gospel according the Nigeria Break Up will solve the present problems on ground. Yet you want us to try a so called another approach.

I suggest you stick to making your beats, where ever it is you are and please let us have some peace instead of agitating for something that will never see the light of day  undecided

Sorry that I am not keen on something that have been discussed over and over again in an on-going thread.

Last time I checked, this was a public forum.  

~Bluetooth:

who cares about about an online poll to determine the fate of over one million people.lets be factual here atleast for once.the people of nigeria should determine their fate for themselves.i think its better if we conduct a referendum in order to solve this problem once and for all.nigeria cant split on a religion path because some people have families with mixed religions but the major problem will be among the south east,south west and south south.people may say we will sort one another afterall we are educated;i bet you the aftermath will be worse off than the present situation.

You claimed you do not care, but you are on of those people their head was inside Seun's backside when he changed the poll. Are you sure you really do not care? It clearly do not look like it.

Again, it sucks that you keep spitting the same crap from the previous thread. Elections are continously rigged in Nigeria, what chance do a referendum have?

Yes I agree, Nigeria cannot split on the basis of Nigeria - actually, it can technically, but it is severely flawed option when compared to others, for example breaking up on the basis of tribe, regions etc.

I told you this before and am telling you again. The short run will be bad, but the long term result is what we need to focus on.  Kai. Don't you get tired of repeating yourself?

tkb417:

yeah right,
OBJ lives in Nigeria and im sure hes jealous of Nigerians living abroad grin grin grin
jokers

and for your last line, we should sacrifice what we have for a better good?
Tell me what good the Liberians and Sierra Leoneans are enjoying after the wars

and one more thing, what do you have to lose as a Nigerian? or the Nigerians at home are the ones that should pay with their lives for a better Nigeria. You people are very smart and sensible
i mean the opposite anyways grin grin grin

No. It is the truth.

You are not OBJ and using OBJ further highlights perhaps one of the reason we need to sacrifice for the greater good. After all, whose money is he living on? Here is a clue, money of the common man.

Nigeria is not Liberia. While we may be in the same continent, our problems are not the same. Let us assume they are, it do not automatically mean it will turn out that way. How about the nations that came off the big USSR? Oh wait, you left that one out abi? Nice.

Look the biggest problem is that people like you are selfish and think about what they will lose. This is highlighted in your question - what do I have to lose. The fact is, if it turns ugly, people will die and things will be lost. I am of the opinion that it is sometimes necessary for the greater good. We cannot keep living in this rot we are at the moment for the past 49 years plus.

For the record, I have my own place, families and friends too back home.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@bluetooth

Infact i agree with you by 101%, you see i accept that if Nigeria was ready to have a honest and sincere referendum to determine our future, but you and i know that we as a Nation face further more critical issues that deserve atleast a honest and sincere governance to tackle.

But our pro break up Nigeria squad just think they can agitate with mouth alone via a so called online poll that doesn't even reflect jack !

undecided

bet you the aftermath will be worse off than the present situation.  - this they can't see because they may be to short sighted to understand
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
mikeansy:

I thought it was only who see am. lmao.

I swear you are deluded and ignorant for pointing that out.

grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

Ok i hear you, Let me better understand your supposed claim of " trying a different approach" Can you please enlighten me further ?

Also can you please tell me how many component parts countries you are suggesting Nigeria breaks up into and how that solves the problem of the average common man ?  undecided
Enlightened you? by the same delutional and ignorant folks? Are sure you are alright mate?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

@bluetooth

Infact i agree with you by 101%, you see i accept that if Nigeria was ready to have a honest and sincere referendum to determine our future, but you and i know that we as a Nation face further more critical issues that deserve atleast a honest and sincere governance to tackle.

But our pro break up Nigeria squad just think they can agitate with mouth alone via a so called online poll that doesn't even reflect jack !

undecided

bet you the aftermath will be worse off than the present situation.  - this they can't see because they may be to short sighted to understand

Why won't you agree with him? Birds of the same feather and all that. Jeez!

No one says it will be easy. If anything, I have stated that it will be bad in the short run, but miles better off in the long run. It wasn't easy when the Israelites left in search of better place in the bible.   .    .   .    Remember?

It was people like you who went back to Moses, demanding they should go back to their slavery lives. Yeye man.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do us all a favour, tell us what you think is responsible for the problem and how you think we can solve the problem or desist from openning threads over nothing.

Do you know that you still clearly have not said anything apart from Abuse, abuse and abuse
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

I thought it was only who see am. lmao.

I swear you are deluded and ignorant for pointing that out.

grin

lol
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by FrankC3: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Eziachi

He wont. He would rather prefer to insult people with different opinion like his confused brother- David Mark. The same man under whose leadership the Nigerian senate threatened the United States and apologized within two weeks.

Do you remember this about 50-year old quote: “It is better that we move slightly apart and survive, it is much worse that we move closer and perish in the collision.” I guess it will haunt Nigeria till she listens.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by OYBMEND: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2010
David Mark simply chose his pocket over the future of his children

after Jos is conquered, Markudi will be next. Then Mark will become crazier than Domkat Bali
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2010
mikeansy:

Hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do us all a favour, tell us what you think is responsible for the problem and how you think we can solve the problem or desist from openning threads over nothing.

Do you know that you still clearly have not said anything apart from Abuse, abuse and abuse

@ mikeansy

Oga, does it seem like we are getting confrontational ?  grin Haba i don't think so.
The fact is Gaddafi's input to this whole break up Nigeria gospel just confirmed that most of the agitators are ignorant and delusional  undecided

back to your question,
It's common sense that the greatest problem that has plagued Nigeria since inception of independence has been lack of good governance. We keep on avoiding the obvious and rant on issues that are not of major significance. Nigeria is nothing close to India yet the country is taking its rightful place as a world economic player.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

@ mikeansy

Oga, does it seem like we are getting confrontational ?  grin Haba i don't think so.
The fact is Gaddafi's input to this whole break up Nigeria gospel just confirmed that most of the agitators are ignorant and delusional  undecided

back to your question,
It's common sense that the greatest problem that has plagued Nigeria since inception of independence has been lack of good governance. We keep on avoiding the obvious and rant on issues that are not of major significance. Nigeria is nothing close to India yet the country is taking its rightful place as a world economic player.

Is that your answer to the question of why the Beroms and Hausa-Fulanis are killing themselves at this time after claiming superior knowledge.

You answer could simply pass off for why we hired a coach just 3 months to world cup with our Football team performing below standard.

Your answer is very vague and does not support your claim to higher knowledge.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
@elrazur**if the so-called southern states cannot speak with one voice when they are still in one nigeria,what makes you think that we may agree with one aonther if eventually we break into the pattern ghadaffi suggested.seun's controversial poll cannot reflect the minds of millions of nigerians who have no access to internet.we may only opined base on the outcome of such poll but believe me,there are several old men and women who will not support the secession.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism / We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu / INEC Records Over 1,689 Law Suits From The 2019 General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.