Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,902 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67636 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.

546 Likes 49 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
angryexactly ma point of view

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by lilmax(m): 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
How do we build a church without money?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by osesology(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hmmmm the thing is becoming worse day by day. I pray God gives us the wisdom to do the right things.

18 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Daughterzion(f): 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hmmm see how people don quote me cause of this senseless comment.

19 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 30, 2015
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?
What surprises me most is that it's the same members that build these churches you see. After paying offerings and tithes, these members still buy blocks, some churches use their youths as labourers to build the same church they paid tithes for. All in the name of blessings from God....

God doesn't reside in Church buildings. His followers can worship him anywhere and anytime. It isn't a must for a church to be finer than Aso rock before it can be called a church.

241 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.

317 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Daughterzion(f): 12:08am On Dec 30, 2015
Look am not saying the pastor is right....i meant we should just mind our business....the case is for God. All we can do is to wisen up so that these fake pastors wont exploit us
Weeee:
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by speak2femz: 1:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Daughterzion:
Look am not saying the pastor is right....i meant we should just mind our business....the case is for God. All we can do is to wisen up so that these fake pastors wont exploit us

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by octopusfreaky(f): 4:04am On Dec 30, 2015
n

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 30, 2015
Get sense 2016

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2015
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by PastorOluT(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Nigerians, or better put cos its every where and not peculiar to Nigeria alone, will get back to their senses when they start seeking God in truth and spirit and not what they can get from God mostly through so many dubious god of men.

17 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by plaetton: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2015
Daughterzion:

Shut up.

We should Also mind our business when we see you being robbed or raped.
After all, it's god that judges.

214 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Kronos12(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
My wonderful Apostle Joshua Selman would always say this "any prophet who tells you to bring money to receive blessings is a thief" that man is a thief but his actions doesn't discredit other men of God

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
ahh, religion............. How it has entrapped many!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by IamDarlington(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
I smell lies!

Or sorry exaggeration!

But nonetheless these things happen.

But the best we can do is wail and lament on nairaland.

As a Christian you should know that no man can fight 4 God. God himself will reward them accordingly!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by sinkhole: 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle
gringringrin this is one of the women in that church gringrin

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ArcGibson(m): 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
There is so much poverty in the Land and the Churches are not really helping the situation of the people, they will even make sure they collect the last card on you by tormenting you with hell fire and even further hardship if you don't drop the last card.

17 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
Every man will be held accountable for his actions when judgment comes. No need bruising your soul over others' chosen path of eternal gloom. Worry about your own salvation instead (Philippians 2:12).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Ultimus: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by sholay2011(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
Daughterzion:
This mentality is one of the problems of Nigerians.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by moststylish(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
ArcGibson:
There is so much poverty in the Land and the Churches are not really helping the situation of the people, they will even make sure they collect the last card on you by tormenting you with hell fire and even further hardship if you don't drop the last card.
lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by CHARLOE(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
@ op, u don't understand; d money is God's money, d pastors are only helping god to collect d money n take to him in heaven wit a private jet!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by CHARLOE(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
IamDarlington:
I smell lies!

Or sorry exaggeration!

But nonetheless these things happen.

But the best we can do is wail and lament on nairaland.

As a Christian you should know that no man can fight 4 God. God himself will reward them accordingly!
Moomoo! y didn't u tell d police to live rev king alone so dat god will reward him on d last day? ode!

22 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Addicted2Women: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2016
[size=16pt]Religion is fake.

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

When was Jesus Christ born ??
Was there any camera during his existence ??

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

Fucck out of here with that bullshit[/size]

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by timilehing(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2016
ㄹㅍ
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by kirchofff(m): 9:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Fella said it all in "suffering and smiling"

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by fejikudz(m): 9:57am On Jan 10, 2016
h

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by hardywaltz(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Y naa

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A-Z Names Of God & Jesus The Christ / First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service / ''Wicked Village Wait For Me, I'm Coming'' (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.