Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67743 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by xtervaganza(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
It will keep happening until we realise god is a fraud who has outlived his usefulness (if he ever had any)

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Dammiesugar(f): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
My pastor said in church today that if you can't give to the poor and take proper care of your parents there's no need giving to the church then. He said some will offer expensive cars to the man of God while their parents or family members are dying of hunger. Honor and take good care of your parents so that your days might be long.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pque:

God gave us brain 4 a reason, to think nd not 4 simply decoration.
I concur!
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by kingsilly(m): 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
hotnsexy4christ:
, when. Your stupidity is over., your mates were busy giving to God you were busy typing rubbish to post on nairaland because you do not have money to give. Go jor,

Made me post by 5:38, you still in church by that time..Smh
As your moniker depict hotandsexyforChrist, pls try if you want to have a proper profile pic take a realtime photo, not snapping a still picture with a 2 megapixel.. grin......you really hotandsexyforchrist, cause this "vision" is only for you eyes to see.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Fpersiee(m): 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Please Dear, I need the right quotation of this "Judge but judge righteous judgement?"
Weeee:
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Parcks(m): 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
In your heart of heart, you feel you have written wisely! I would tell you bluntly that you are big F**L,because its only a f**l that say there is no God. The fact that some set of persons(Pastors) are not representing God as they should does not give you the audacity to make such statements in your write-up. The presence of FAKE shows that there is ORIGINAL! Stop generalizing. BTW, repent now before u stop breathing,so u won't be one of Victims of HELL! .
Addicted2Women:
[size=16pt]Religion is fake.

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

When was Jesus Christ born ??
Was there any camera during his existence ??

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

Fucck out of here with that bullshit[/size]
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Fpersiee:
Please Dear, I need the right quotation of this "Judge but judge righteous judgement?"
John 7 vs 24....
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by simdam500(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
kaziblake: I'm even tired of going to church,that was how my pastor told us that we must provide #150k for his car engine.

like seriously grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked pls how did u respond to that?

cos i cant imagine what would be running through my mind at that moment

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by OsamaDee: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
What surprises me most is that it's the same members that build these churches you see. After paying offerings and tithes, these members still buy blocks, some churches use their youths as labourers to build the same church they paid tithes for. All in the name of blessings from God....

God doesn't reside in Church buildings. His followers can worship him anywhere and anytime. It isn't a must for a church to be finer than Aso rock before it can be called a church.
Peak of gullibility
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by vislabraye(m): 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Husseink:
I will advice you to find out with an open mind about The Holy prophet Muhammad and Islam as a religion. Thank God nobody has claimed to have his picture.

I didn't mention anything about Islam. I wonder why I am quoted
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Goshen360(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?

The church is already built by Christ WITHOUT money. wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by OsamaDee: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Dammiesugar:
My pastor said in church today that if you can't give to the poor and take proper care of your parents there's no need giving to the church then. He said some will offer expensive cars to the man of God while their parents or family members are dying of hunger. Honor and take good care of your parents so that your days might be long.
The gullibles will never subscribe to this version of giving; I wonder if they have never red Matt 25
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by wheezyoung(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.
passagesl please
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by miomio(f): 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
What surprises me most is that it's the same members that build these churches you see. After paying offerings and tithes, these members still buy blocks, some churches use their youths as labourers to build the same church they paid tithes for. All in the name of blessings from God....

God doesn't reside in Church buildings. His followers can worship him anywhere and anytime. It isn't a must for a church to be finer than Aso rock before it can be called a church.

hey! do you read ur bible at all?? if u do you should have seen that the tithes are not meant for d building of churches but for d priests. so if u feel ur priest doesnt deserve ur tithe dont pay. but i will advice u to stop wailing. on d matter of building a church did if u really do study ur bible u must have come across d likes of Jeremiah n co who built and repaired d HOUSE OF GOD. yes we know God deosnt reside in man made house,but should d place of worship be desolate?
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Fireson: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
UpLoyo:
OP I think you are the biggest f00l I've ever come across. So you went to a church and the pastor asking for offerings is what is disgusting to you and made you cry. Are old are you 1diot? I'm guessing because it's Sunday you quickly had to made this up so you can get some read and that would add meaning to your pathetic life? And to incriminate yourself, your small brain also said you went their the previous year, so are you saying the last time you went there you were not disgusted or the pastor then didn't ask for money? You are nothing but a no good, empty life, jobless mofo. Even if the people gave their inheritance to the pastor of what business is yours, is it your money? Broke ass f00l, just shut your trap and go have a life.

grin take it easy please....
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by cardoctor(m): 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
Its been happening since before the time of Christ
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by meccuno: 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Get sense 2016
slave ship grin
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by jahstech: 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
shamecurls:
Religion is a scam

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalms 14:1
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by jahstech: 11:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
xtervaganza:
It will keep happening until we realise god is a fraud who has outlived his usefulness (if he ever had any)
Ps 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

King James Version
Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by jahstech: 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
King James Version
Ac 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Please note: [size=16pt]PREACHING THE THINGS CONCERNING THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND THE NAME OF JESUS, NOT ABOUT MONEY AND MATERIAL POSSESSIONS[/size]
King James Version
Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

King James Version
Ga 1:9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by mimibright(m): 12:33am On Jan 11, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.
This is why I stopped going to church then later joined Anglican. Modern churches are crap with fake pastors!! Yes I said it, I judged a man of God you can report me to Jesus it won't stop it from being the truth.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Phame: 4:31am On Jan 11, 2016
Daughterzion:
Look am not saying the pastor is right....i meant we should just mind our business....the case is for God. All we can do is to wisen up so that these fake pastors wont exploit us
u've acted senselessly with ur first post already, don't cover that with this empty one.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by MK15real: 4:45am On Jan 11, 2016
Really baffles me. If that was God's standard for being blessed, the developed nations would have failed woefully. Unfortunately, many Christians in Nigeria don't study the word of God or are spirit-filled, so will continue to be deceived.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by success10(m): 6:33am On Jan 11, 2016
wheezyoung:
passagesl please
JOHN 7:24....Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by kenlinzo(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2016
My advice for u as a christain dat is, ''if u one''.cos, frm ur story, u did nt go dey to serve OR WORSHIP GOD.
STOP GOING TO GOD'S PRESENCE/CHURCH TO LOOK/EXPERIMENT PASTORS/PROPHETS.IT WILL DO U MORE HARM DAN GOD.
IF U R LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO CARRY OUT UR EXPERIMENT, GO TO THE LAB.tanks
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2016
miomio:

hey! do you read ur bible at all?? if u do you should have seen that the tithes are not meant for d building of churches but for d priests. so if u feel ur priest doesnt deserve ur tithe dont pay. but i will advice u to stop wailing. on d matter of building a church did if u really do study ur bible u must have come across d likes of Jeremiah n co who built and repaired d HOUSE OF GOD. yes we know God deosnt reside in man made house,but should d place of worship be desolate?
Nonsense... Give me the verse where it says Tithes are meant for the Priest. I can see your head is not correct. Only a person with an IQ as low as 10 would come up with this type of crap.

Even your Bible tells you what tithes is and what it is used for....

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by wheezyoung(m): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2016
success10:

JOHN 7:24....Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
thank you grin...may i go show thrm judge not ppl grin
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Revelation15: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2016
i think the nowadays pastors receive a lot to the extent that they are no longer pastors. just imagine a pastor owning two private jets? is that really a pastor [color=#000099][/color]? Why cant he dig wells and build schools as a sign of giving back to the people?

Its time to wake up and give them a little that will only suffice to spread the word of God.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tosinjay(m): 9:37am On Jan 11, 2016
The truth is, most churches of such around nowadays are not just to be complained about, they are to be fled away from. These men are worshippers of satan behind the scene and use demonic means to perform signs and wonders. So good at being motivational speakers instead of truth preachers. All these they get from the dark world. Where by the bible says by their fruit ye shall know them. From the very biggest bishop to the up coming pastors they all have same biblical theology.

A true man of God cares not about the things of this world but the livelihood alone and builds up his treasures in heaven where it's more secured and not accumulate wealth on earth. These pastors do these things at the expense of people's souls which stands to face damnation after leaving this world. Some of the men of God could be ignorant though but some are wolves in sheep's clothing.
And no ignorant person should say don't judge because the bible you have addresses this clearly warning you against them that will twist the word to suit their pleasure and what people mostly wanna hear other than the truth which is bitter. Most of these men's name aren't even in the Lamb's book of life. Pray to God with a sincere heart y'all that are deceived and He'll answer you for your eyes to open. It's truth to say we're in the last days and only few men of God are genuine. Like 95% are fake. I am not ashamed to call names and i don't stand condemned for it. Even some people who are rightly in support of this post have wolves in sheep's clothing as pastors while some men of God have backsliden and their members don't get it. They are mortal men like you and the only man of God i see presently in Nigeria among the popular ones is PASTOR KUMUYI. And there is a reason he holds all mondays bible study himself and not letting some perversed men rise up from hell to destroy the ministry.

Altogether people please SEARCH FOR HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT ONLINE. NOT A CHURCH DENOMINATION BUT AN END TIME REVIVAL MOVEMENT BECAUSE THERE IS REALLY A DIVINE MANDATE TO WIN THE LOST SOULS AS CHRIST IS COMING SOON AND THE PRESENT CHURCHES HAVE FAILED.

The movement is in Nigeria, headquarters in abuja. IT'S GETTING RECOGNITION WORLDWIDE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE JUST AS PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT AFRICA, I'LL SAY THEY SHOULDN'T MENTION JUST AFRICA BECAUSE THEY ONLY LIVE AND KNOW HERE. SOME FOREIGN COUNTRIES ARE WORSE. ALSO SEARCH FOR REVELATION FROM CHRIST TO SOME GENUINE PEOPLE,
SAMUEL OGENETEGA AND LINDA NGAUJAH RIKA. I know so many are fake out there but test each with the Scripture, so says the word of God. God bless.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by donbenz(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2016
End time prophet grin
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by shamecurls(m): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2016
jahstech:

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalms 14:1

You quoting a book that was imported for ypu to read and bliv in while they exported us as slaves. How could u bliv a man far off in Isreal died for your sins in Africa. lolx

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by jahstech: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
shamecurls:

You quoting a book that was imported for ypu to read and bliv in while they exported us as slaves. How could u bliv a man far off in Isreal died for your sins in Africa. lolx

Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

To believe has been defined as “to accept as true, genuine, or real.” The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights enshrines every person’s “right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.” This right includes the freedom “to change his religion or belief” if he wants to do so.

WHY, though, would anyone want to change his religion or belief? “I have my own beliefs, and I am happy with them,” is the commonly expressed view. Many feel that even mistaken beliefs cause little harm to anyone. Someone who believes that the earth is flat, for example, is not likely to hurt himself or anyone else. “We should just agree to differ,” some say. Is that always wise? Would a doctor simply agree to differ if one of his colleagues continued to believe he could go straight from handling dead bodies in a morgue to examining sick patients in a hospital ward?

When it comes to religion, mistaken beliefs have historically caused great harm. Think of the horrors that resulted when religious leaders “inspired Christian zealots to pitiless violence” during the so-called Holy Crusades of the Middle Ages. Or think of the modern-day “Christian” gunmen in a recent civil war who, “just like medieval warriors who had saints’ names on their sword hilts, taped pictures of the Virgin to their rifle butts.” All these zealots believed that they were right. Yet, obviously in these and other religious struggles and fights, something was terribly wrong.

Why is there so much confusion and conflict? The Bible’s answer is that Satan the Devil is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 11:3) The apostle Paul warned that many religious people would, sadly, be “doomed to perish” because they would be deceived by Satan, who would “produce miracles and wonders calculated to deceive.” Such ones, said Paul, would “shut their minds to the love of truth which could have saved them” and would thus be ‘deluded into believing what is a lie.’ (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, The New Testament, by William Barclay) How can you minimize the possibility of believing a lie? Why, in fact, do you believe the way you do?

[b]Brought Up to Believe It?

Perhaps you have been brought up in the beliefs of your family. That may well be a good thing. God wants parents to teach their children. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; 11:18-21) The young man Timothy, for example, benefited greatly from listening to his mother and grandmother. (2 Timothy 1:5; 3:14, 15) The Scriptures encourage respect for what parents believe. (Proverbs 1:8; Ephesians 6:1) But did your Creator mean for you to believe things simply because your parents believe them? Unthinking adherence to what previous generations believed and did can, in fact, be dangerous.—Psalm 78:8; Amos 2:4.

A Samaritan woman who met Jesus Christ had been brought up to believe in her Samaritan religion. (John 4:20) Jesus respected her freedom to choose what she wanted to believe, but he also pointed out to her: “You worship what you do not know.” Many of her religious beliefs were, in fact, mistaken, and he told her that she would have to make changes in her beliefs if she was going to worship God acceptably—“with spirit and truth.” Rather than cling to what were no doubt cherished beliefs, she and others like her would, in time, have to become “obedient to the faith” revealed through Jesus Christ.—John 4:21-24, 39-41; Acts 6:7.

Educated to Believe It?

Many teachers and authorities in specialized fields of knowledge deserve great respect. Yet, history is littered with examples of renowned teachers who were absolutely wrong. For example, regarding two books on scientific matters written by Greek philosopher Aristotle, historian Bertrand Russell stated that “hardly a sentence in either can be accepted in the light of modern science.” Even modern-day authorities often get things drastically wrong. “Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible,” was the confident assertion of British scientist Lord Kelvin in 1895. A wise person, therefore, does not blindly believe that something is true simply because some authoritative teacher says it is.—Psalm 146:3.

The same caution is needed when it comes to religious education. The apostle Paul was well-educated by his religious teachers and was extremely “zealous for the traditions of [his] fathers.” His zeal for the traditional beliefs of his ancestors, however, actually created problems for him. It led to his “persecuting the congregation of God and devastating it.” (Galatians 1:13, 14; John 16:2, 3) Worse still, for a long time, Paul kept “kicking against the goads,” resisting the influences that should have led him to believe in Jesus Christ. It required a dramatic intervention by Jesus himself to move Paul to adjust his beliefs.—Acts 9:1-6; 26:14.[/b]

Influenced by the Media?

Maybe the media have greatly influenced your beliefs. Most people are glad that there is freedom of speech in the media, giving them access to information that can be useful. However, there are powerful forces that can and frequently do manipulate the media. What is often presented is biased information that can insidiously affect your thinking.

In addition, to appeal to or to attract a larger audience, the media tend to give publicity to what is sensational and unconventional. What could hardly be said or printed for public consumption just a few years ago has become commonplace today. Slowly but surely, established standards of behavior are attacked and whittled away. People’s thinking is gradually becoming distorted. They begin to believe that “good is bad and bad is good.”—Isaiah 5:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.

Finding a Sound Basis for Belief

Building on the ideas and philosophies of men is like building on sand. (Matthew 7:26; 1 Corinthians 1:19, 20)On what, then, can you confidently base your beliefs? Since God has given you intellectual capacity to investigate the world around you and to ask questions concerning spiritual matters, does it not make sense that he would also provide the means to get accurate answers to your questions? (1 John 5:20) Yes, of course he would! How, though, can you establish what is true, genuine, or real in matters of worship? We have no hesitation in saying that God’s Word, the Bible, provides the only basis for doing this.—John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

“But wait,” someone will say, “is it not the very ones who have the Bible who have caused the most conflict and confusion in world affairs?” Well, it is true that religious leaders who claim to follow the Bible have produced many confusing and conflicting ideas. This is because they have not, in fact, based their beliefs on the Bible. The apostle Peter describes them as “false prophets” and “false teachers” who would create “destructive sects.” As a consequence of their activities, says Peter, “the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.” (2 Peter 2:1, 2) Still, writes Peter, “we have the prophetic word made more sure; and you are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place.”—2 Peter 1:19; Psalm 119:105.

The Bible encourages us to check our beliefs against what it teaches. (1 John 4:1) Millions of readers of this magazine can testify that doing so has added purpose and stability to their lives. So be like the noble-minded Beroeans. ‘Carefully examine the Scriptures daily’ before you decide what to believe. (Acts 17:11) Jehovah’s Witnesses will be happy to help you to do this. Of course, it is your decision as to what you want to believe. However, it is the course of wisdom to make sure that your beliefs are shaped, not by human wisdom and desires, but, rather, by God’s revealed Word of truth.—1 Thessalonians 2:13; 5:21.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Waking Up From Sleep With Thin Blade Marks On My Body. / Photo Of Viper We Killed Behind My Church / 'Vanity Upon Vanity' - Pastor Tobi Shows Off Fleet Of Cars On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.