Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price (31662 Views)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Labour Gives FG 3 Days To Reverse Fuel Pump Price To N86.50K Or Face The Groundi / What Type Of Unnecessary Stunt By FG Is This? Petrol To Sell For N86:50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by obailala(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2015
richard870:
Truth is APC is a monumental fraud!
If ApC are fraudsters, then pdp are obviously armed robbers. However for now I prefer to deal with apc because the only alternative pdp has been robbing and raping us for 16 years.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by fitinwell: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2015
APC administration as FAILED Nigerian youths. Fighting corruption is biased... No transparency. No Law, No Job, No Security, everything looks stand still....

After dis...

Only God knows what will happen Next... Change my butt... sad
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by Pesuzok(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Some countries are increasing

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by Naijaepic: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2015
asala1:

The average price of PMS around the world is 1.00 U.S dollars.

did you mean One US dollars per litre? or One US dollars per gallon. if it is One US dollars per litre, then that should be around N270/litre and if it is one dollars per gallon, then it should average around N71.32 (One US Gallon is equivalent to 3.785411784 liters)
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by HzRF(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2015
emmydee:
I strongly believe there is a cabal that benefits from this subsidy payment that PMB can't call to order. Otherwise, what is the need for the nation to hold on to subsidy payment rather than deregulate?
Of course there are cabals
Fighting them?
It's a suicide mission d odd is stark against you

They determine what goes on

That's expect for divine grace
24hrs light is a fantasy
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by Nosaghae(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2015
negga4al:
Some of you here do not understand anything before coming to make useless comments. Do your research well and then understand. In the UK, it sells for about £1.40, covert that say how much.

Nigeria here will sell for less man a $1. Because world crude oil sells for less than $50, so then it should be sold for N5 in Nigeria?

Forgetting that a large sum is still refined outside the shores of Nigeria. Please, guys get your facts right!

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EP.PMP.SGAS.CD
Have u asked urself the minimum wage of UK? UK pays £6.70 per hour. I think u are the one that needs understanding here because Ur comment is irrational.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by abbeyty(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2015
kunzo:
They should have made that fuel available first.

Yes
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by lordizak(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2015
Pavarottii:

Who told u it has been removed? Bring up documents to back up ur claims. That subsidy money is for buhari and friends to eat. That's why they haven't taken it off.
Thieves everywhere!
APC is worse than PDP!
keep telling urself that lie.
Just mind what you say on social media, it's a spy machine.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by abbeyty(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2015
ubecharles:
. What is the minimum wage in UK compared to Nigeria?

Don't mind the guy, there is no where in the UK where petrol is sold for that amount. Petrol is not more than 1 pound per litre
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by HzRF(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2015
donralph2000:

The present administration is not made of magical concoction. .....!!! Our able VP is also an economist. ......with the likes of prof.Pat Utomi. We don't really expect Buhari to perform magic in a very short period of time or do we In fact, the 50kobo reduction is a very analytic and job well done considering the squandered resources by the former administration. .......This and other things need to be considered when criticizing the present administration. I also feel it should be reduced to a minimal price (PMS) buh I'm just thinking as a lame man. As people who know how the state is running financially and they would tell you the reduction was even a risk taken to suit Nigerians.
U guys have a lot of problems

U have started to blame Gej for this again abi

D dulllard and his co-lying crew said Gej has destroyed Nigeria
He has looted us dry
They will better this country if voted in

So they don't know the odd they will be facing before running their mouth?
That's y their ineptitude and crass lack of direction should be blamed on Gej administration

I know u have eaten rice but Pls

Itz better to keep mute

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by flejnr2(f): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2015
Abbeyme:
The Federal Government has approved a new pump price for Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) otherwise known as petrol. This new price of N86.50k was announced night of Tuesday, 29th December 2015.

Details later

This news also came up on Channels news at 10.00pm and was also captured on the news bar as shown:

Op what detail do I need later again about this drowning government of change that am regretting and applying for refund of my flight ticket I flew in from London to come dash my vote??
Since 8th of this December 2015 we in uk here have been celebrating the record low price of petrol in history. From £3.3 to £0.99 under a day if u have a calculator u will notice it dropped approximately some 75% at £2.4 . And you are telling me some sai baba yemu yemu.... oil producing nation lo ma jesu.
She na remita go take dasuki seat in future we are watching ..

Abeg am sorry to use this small medium to announce my denunciation from the con man party I fell victim to and believe me after writing my petition to efcc una go refund me for brainwashing and deceiving me.
Shebi I think sey by now junior wey I leave for nigeria go stop to they sey brother send me money. Yes because I told him to vote for change so he could be getting monthly change of N 5000 when the general enter but 6 months now what's happening? ?
The change is used to pay remita (oleburuku jagaban ati political thug Elrufai). And team of lawyers fighting baba saraki and dasuki.

Shebi we dey hapi sey no more mama peace ?
According to confused baba "there will be no office like the office of the first lady of nigeria"

Oh he taught we were dropout as he ended up in standard six thinking he is the most educated and all nigerians dropped out in standard five and what is the meaning of "office of the wife of the president"?

Comes to the worst we now have "office of the presidents daughter" Zahra buhari now making media more than Obama children.

Elrufai still have to tell me the cordiality with sheikh zakzarky in the pictures of his campaign before then nigerian sheikh gumi said zakzaky has been running a parallel government and that shittes formed boko haram nigerians I want you people to think this am thinking. DONT YOU THINK ZAKZARKY WAS ABOUT TO BLOW A WHISTLE AND HE WAS SWOOPED ON SO HE CAN NOT TALK? ??
Nigerians think well o
The presidential jet have never been this busy before imagine short man like osibanjo even flies to shit on air.
Baba forgot he is the President thinking he just won a tourist visa.

My dad always tell me that names follow you that's why a ministers first press briefing had to be a bunch of lies oh yes what's his name again? Lai muhammad. I conquer with false saying that the comment provoked boko haram .
For the first time borno people are saying the government is lying on the death toll number it released to its people . Non like that was said about the ijaw man

Nigerians please am sorry I forgot to see the dirty teeth of jagaban covered with lies please forgive me.

Any pdp member ready to swap call me on my mobile +4470442190780
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by HzRF(m): 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
If ApC are fraudsters, then pdp are obviously armed robbers. However for now I prefer to deal with apc because the only alternative pdp has been robbing and raping us for 16 years.
LOL
Mehn u go fear Aisha Rice o

The rice dey block deep thinking only allow shallow thinking

Remove ex pdp members from ur APC and kowa will beat you any time any where
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by jacoik(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
talktrue1:
The change is in coins now
lolhahahaha I swear u no well ooop
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by simpleseyi: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is treason, felony and treasonable felony.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
Why is this government afraid of just deregulating this petroleum sector now?... Why cant they just throw subsidy away and deregulate now that oil prices are low?

There is no provision for subsidy in the 2016 budget.
The price of PMS is now based on an daily calculation of internal and external factors. I am sure someone will get hold of an release the calculation soon on NL. Expect to see price moving towards international PMS prices, factoring in things like price of crude, refining, loading, transportation loading ( off/on) and distribution costs. As local PMS refining capacity ramps up expect a fall due to lower offloading and distribution costs.

It's a good start.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by lanre77(m): 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
wwel done,refinaries are on course,we hav d best budget ever
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by olutunde12(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
Why is this government afraid of just deregulating this petroleum sector now?... Why cant they just throw subsidy away and deregulate now that oil prices are low?

And when oil prices are up?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by obailala(m): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
olutunde12:

And when oil prices are up?
It could only be a gradual increase. With the removal of subsidies, you would be surprised at how private refineries would spring up carelessly across the land. The benefits of removing subsidies and deregulation have always been known, the only problem has been the sudden doubling or tripling of pump prices and the attendant price inflation it would have come with. With oil prices now at the rock bottom, what other time is better for the subsidies to be removed?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by obailala(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
greenpasture:

There is no provision for subsidy in the 2016 budget.
The price of PMS is now based on an daily calculation of internal and external factors. I am sure someone will get hold of an release the calculation soon on NL. Expect to see price moving towards international PMS prices, factoring in things like price of crude, refining, loading, transportation loading ( off/on) and distribution costs. As local PMS refining capacity ramps up expect a fall due to lower offloading and distribution costs.

It's a good start.
I hope this works though...
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by softheart4love(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
Abbeyme:
The Federal Government has approved a new pump price for Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) otherwise known as petrol. This new price of N86.50k was announced night of Tuesday, 29th December 2015.

Details later

This news also came up on Channels news at 10.00pm and was also captured on the news bar as shown:

Oil Crisis: APC accuses Nigerian govt of fraud, says price cut too meagre
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has accused the Federal Government of making a show out of deceit by its so-called fuel price reduction, saying a 10.3 per cent slash in the price of petrol (from 97 to 87 Naira) is a mere tokenism at a time the price of crude oil has crashed by about 60 per cent...
In a statement issued in Lagos on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, the party said the pump price of a litre of fuel should not be more than 70 Naira, meaning that at 87 Naira per litre, the government is forcing Nigerians to subsidize the massive corruption in the oil sector by 17 Naira for every litre of fuel.
”When crude oil was selling at 100 dollars per barrel, the landing cost of PMS without subsidy was 125 Naira per litre. Now that the oil price has crash to about 44 dollars per barrel, landing cost without subsidy is about 65 Naira per litre. The same goes for diesel which should not sell for more than 90 Naira per litre,” it said.
APC said while governments of countries which are not as economically endowed as Nigeria have reduced the pump price of fuel as far back as early January 2015, Nigeria that is the world’s sixth largest producer of oil is just announcing a price slash that is far below those countries
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by richard870(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
obailala:
Sit bck relax & watch more political mysteries unfold #BodyGoTellYou!#
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by Fasuyifunke(f): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
Do they really vote for 50kobo change ? Chai there's God oooooo
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by eltemur1: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
cele360:
Rubbish, are we making use of our Kobo coins here in Nigeria? if i want buy one liter how I go take get change
did u have change when it was #87?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by jmaine: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
luvinhubby:

Na ban abi na holidays....longest time, we missed you oo. cheesy

Have always been at the shadows watching the shamelessness of the APC maggots. . . . . . . .Now that the budget of change is out. I will be a regular on the board. wink

Happy new year in advance bruv. cool

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by adeoluakin: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
CHANGE = 50kobo
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by SirAweezy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
talktrue1:
The change is in coins now

Eheheheheh this your post got me crazy You are so funny.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by fanysteve: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
cele360:
Rubbish, are we making use of our Kobo coins here in Nigeria? if i want buy one liter how I go take get change...
just go to any apc secetariat and they will give you your complete change
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by AK481(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
opalu:
If it is full deregulation, then with time the demand and supply forces should drive the prices down.

My little knowledge on economics sha.
LIKE THE WAY DIESEL HAS FALLEN TO 20 NAIRA BA?

IRANU
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by ndcide(m): 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
Can someone pass a mic to fashola.

What's did he say when GEJ remove 10 naira the other time.

Also Gbenga adeyinka, What's that his dry joke about the 10 naira.

SmH
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by iwaeda: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
kilisi:

Sorry man, petrol is now 87 naira in Ibadan. I bought 10 litres yesterday and the queues have gone. I was really surprised.
Where in Ibadan sir
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by cele360: 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
eltemur1:
did u have change when it was #87?
I should be asking u that. so no need for all this kobo reduction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oshiomhole In Benin City Despite Arrest Order Issued By Obaseki (Video) / Neya Uzor Kalu's Wedding To Iyere Canceled / Flood: Peter Obi Visits Daudu IDP Camp In Benue State (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.