Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price (31680 Views)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Labour Gives FG 3 Days To Reverse Fuel Pump Price To N86.50K Or Face The Groundi / What Type Of Unnecessary Stunt By FG Is This? Petrol To Sell For N86:50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by cele360: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
fanysteve:
just go to any apc secetariat and they will give you your complete change
lolzzz
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by cele360: 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Kirinwa:

it would be rounded up to the nearest payable amount
better because d feeling station attendant they are busy eating some one change reason no kobo or naira coins to giv u back as ur valance
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by asala1: 4:29am On Dec 31, 2015
Naijaepic:

did you mean One US dollars per litre? or One US dollars per gallon. if it is One US dollars per litre, then that should be around N270/litre and if it is one dollars per gallon, then it should average around N71.32 (One US Gallon is equivalent to 3.785411784 liters)

I mean per litre.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by asala1: 4:32am On Dec 31, 2015
francizy:

What is the minimum wage in countries where PMS sells that high? Can it be compared to the paltry 19k (which they are even threatening to reduce) Nigerians are receiving as minimum wage?

Who is talking about countries where minimum wage is high? Is minimum wage high in Mali, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Uganda, Cameroon, etc? PMS goes above $1/litre in those places.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by francizy(m): 7:20am On Dec 31, 2015
asala1:

Who is talking about countries where minimum wage is high? Is minimum wage high in Mali, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Uganda, Cameroon, etc? PMS goes above $1/litre in those places.

Do they produce oil as much as Nigeria does?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by asala1: 7:55am On Dec 31, 2015
francizy:

Do they produce oil as much as Nigeria does?

In the whole of sub-sahara Africa, Nigeria has by far the lowest price for PMS of about $0.42/litre at the moment, less than half of the average global price of PMS with Namibia coming close at $0.70/litre. This is without any subsidy, i.e buy it at cost price and sell. Angola at the present export more crude oil than Nigeria and her citizen are paying $0.82 same as Canada with far more oil reserve than Nigeria and functioning refineries. The top 10 oil producing countries in sub-Saharan Africa are Eq. Guinea, Sudan, Republic of Congo, South Africa, Angola and Gabon. In all these countries price of PMS goes between $0.70 to above a dollar.

$0.42/litre without subsidy for a country that has no functioning refinery and have virtually no infrastructure whatsoever is a good one. Cherish it.
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by francizy(m): 8:07am On Dec 31, 2015
asala1:

In the whole of sub-sahara Africa, Nigeria has by far the lowest price for PMS of about $0.42/litre at the moment, less than half of the average global price of PMS with Namibia coming close at $0.70/litre. This is without any subsidy, i.e buy it at cost price and sell. Angola at the present export more crude oil than Nigeria and her citizen are paying $0.82 same as Canada with far more oil reserve than Nigeria and functioning refineries. The top 10 oil producing countries in sub-Saharan Africa are Eq. Guinea, Sudan, Republic of Congo, South Africa, Angola and Gabon. In all these countries price of PMS goes between $0.70 to above a dollar.

$0.42/litre without subsidy for a country that has no functioning refinery and have virtually no infrastructure whatsoever is a good one. Cherish it.

What's the minimum wage for Angola and Canada?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by asala1: 8:28am On Dec 31, 2015
francizy:

What's the minimum wage for Angola and Canada?

Nigeria - $1,362/year (PMS $0.42/litre)

Angola - $1,984/year (PMS $0.82/litre)

Canada - $19,181/year (PMS $0.82/litre)

So what are you driving at?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by francizy(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2015
asala1:

Nigeria - $1,362/year (PMS $0.42/litre)

Angola - $1,984/year (PMS $0.82/litre)

Canada - $19,181/year (PMS $0.82/litre)

So what are you driving at?

What is the level of infrastructural development and standard of living in these three. Also, does Angola enjoy steady/uninterrupted power supply (no need to ask about Canada because I know they do)? Does Angola have good roads and enabling environment for investment?

I'm only trying to compare countries because you make it sound like Nigerians shouldn't get PMS as cheap as it is. If we did have most of what we clamour for, I don't see any reason in keeping the subsidy. By then, the government can even decide to sell at $1/litre with little or no complain from the masses...
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by asala1: 9:01am On Dec 31, 2015
francizy:

What is the level of infrastructural development and standard of living in these three. Also, does Angola enjoy steady/uninterrupted power supply (no need to ask about Canada because I know they do)? Does Angola have good roads and enabling environment for investment?

I'm only trying to compare countries because you make it sound like Nigerians shouldn't get PMS as cheap as it is. If we did have most of what we clamour for, I don't see any reason in keeping the subsidy. By then, the government can even decide to sell at $1/litre with little or no complain from the masses...

My point here is that Nigerians are presently buying PMS at a very cheap rate. It will be stupid for any country like Nigeria which currently imports about 90% of the PMS she consumption to pay for subsidy in other to further reduce the price of PMS when her incomes is exponentially dwindling to the point she can no longer afford to pay salaries. Why won't such fund be channelled to provide potable water, electricity, health care, roads and other infrastructures for her citizens which is in reality non-existence instead of paying for PMS subsidy that they currently buy at one of the lowest rates in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by Naijaepic: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2015
asala1:

I mean per litre.

So, this translated to a litre of petrol been sold at average price of N260 around the world?
Re: FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price by kaboninc(m): 10:47am On Dec 31, 2015
asala1:

There is nothing wrong with the price we pay. These other countries you mentioned fix their prices based on certain factors most especially as a result of taxes.

I prefer government pay no subsidy and channel the savings to better use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caught In Employment Scam - CBN Explains "Secret Recruitment" / Buhari Rocks A Snapback At APC Campaign Rally In Ondo State / Neya Uzor Kalu's Wedding To Iyere Canceled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.