Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK (767 Views)

Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / Ile - Ife Genocide: Response To FFK's Cooked Up Stories And His Sympathizers / Open Letter To PMB - Rejoinder To FFK's "Word Of A Tryrant" - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by tobishills12(m): 10:01am On Dec 30, 2015
Dear Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode

FFK Sir, as one of your staunch followers and unacquainted learners under your tutelage who has nothing but utmost reverence and admiration for your personality, I am constrained to make the media the medium of passing my sincere opinion to you, maybe because it’s a reciprocal of your actions. This could be as a result of the open letter written to President Buhari dated 28th December, 2015 of which after a conscious peruse of the piece, I was left with confusion on your intent.

Sir, I must confess that the yesterday piece was a concise and a creditable one which portrays your role as one of the Marshals in the House of Opposition. At least since the inception of the present administration, your works and that of the ever vibrant and courageous Ekiti state Governor has been keeping the ruling party on its toes and it must be commended. But one has to ask if all these were for the benefit of the country at large or for your personal interest since it has been observed that it’s conventional for you to "criticize to acquire power". In fact your alternation between the country's two major Political Parties has left a confusing poser in my mind.

As a matter of fact, it’s not an over-statement to rate you as one of the most respected and highly educated person in the country (at least you have no missing certificate). Being a certified "educated" lawyer from a highly respect institution and an evangelist (maybe that is just a title garnered by the virtue of certificate), I remain disturb about the way you make your assertions, nay "advice" with some false induction and some unnecessary accusations base on your Political bigotry. As a model to me in the field of literature, I observed that most of your literary works are always embedded with some elements of implicit vituperations of which I still await the day you make some constructive recommendations without insult on political offices.

Permit me Sir to point out some of the unnecessary accusations and false assertions you made vis-à-vis your latest open letter directed to the Nigerian president.

Deductively from the letter, you accused the President of his contradictory statements made to the citizens and the international community respectively on the issues of the purchase of arms by the preceding administration. One is bothered to ask "which is right either way?" Either the preceding administration bought arms with raw cash or it embezzled the money allotted to purchase arms, the truth is that there is an element of corruption.

I and other concerned citizens of the country should only take this serious if you had said that neither of the presidential assertions were true, but since it seems your recommendations to the president was to come out straight, it is then evident that you admit that something is wrong somewhere, and that is not alien to the citizens anyway.

I wonder if the U.K has signed any document with the country compelling her to always provide arms for the country in times of war or do we need to remind an erstwhile minister that the international system is about conflict and cooperation? I will assume you are aware but pretended not to for the sake of your criticism. We are seriously in need of the international community to wage war against the "jihadist" as you may refer to them and you still find it pleasing to recommend conflicting relation with another nation-state. This made me realize you are against us in lieu of being for us.

Either the government has defeated Boko Haram or otherwise should not have been the crux of discussion, I think it would have been laudable if you have recommended the means of combating the terrorist groups. Maybe my mind or let me say my eyes skipped through that part of which you listed the names of those local governments that were being recovered since the inception of the present administration or maybe you forgot to add that to the letter. Well as far as the country is concerned, the war against the Islamic extremism is on our side and their operations are being minimized.

It is to my utmost amusement that you as a respected citizen could refer to the action charged against the former National Security Adviser as being subjected to a "state-sponsored tyranny" and a "wrong representation" on an offense that is crystal clear to the country at large, serving as a medium to exonerate the star at the heart of scandal. This—I will say—is so contradictory to your supposed person and we are in fact disappointed.

Since you have touted yourself as one of those that should criticize the effort of the administration, one start to wonder where you were when the former president was dancing after the Nyanya bomb blast, maybe you were not aware of the embarrassing TV drama that featured the wife of the former president in respect to the Chibok girls, I am sure you didn't notice that the fight against Boko Haram—in the last administration—was suspended till the eve of the election. If all this could have happened and not even an article was written about it, then I believe we shouldn't be surprised because even the devil could quote the Bible.

Sir, it is not and will never be a criminal offense to stand in the opposition, this may be due to the ideological conflicts, but you must understand that it is an immoral act to criticize or even oppose without a pure intention. I wonder what Nigerians should expect after you have been allocated a political appointment, I wish you could use your sugar-coated mouth and your literary prowess to say and write something good about Nigeria and with your theological knowledge, you could solicit for us in the heavenly.

I know I am the least of those that should write this to you, I hope you will consciously consider it and understand that even the little additions from the young was not underestimated when building the old Ife Kingdom. I drop my pen by referring to one of your quotes: "Courage is the greatest of all the virtues." I hope you could see me as one that is treading your part and never as an enemy. God Bless Nigeria.

Emmanuel T. Okedeji.
Re: See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by Ijaya123: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2015
Very apt.
Re: See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by Truepee(m): 10:12am On Dec 30, 2015
too lng cnt read vixit my blog via sig
Re: See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by come2jesus: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2015
jesus! FP material be dis

lalasticlala .. oyah do the needful

ffk they think say nah only him fit talk.. Jobless man looking for attention... God bless you jare op
Re: See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by kelsberg(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2015
Ok
Re: See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by CharlesPhc: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2015
'Standing ovation' for this piece...!!!

But we are tired of literary giants showing off their literary skills.

We want to read about ideas that will translate to meaningful development in the country...!!!
Re: See What A Nairalander Wrote To FFK by come2jesus: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2015
CharlesPhc:
'Standing ovation' for this piece...!!!

But we are tired of literary giants showing off their literary skills.

We want to read about ideas that will translate to meaningful development in the country...!!!

well you just nailed it... but I think that man called ffk should be trashed... d guy too dey do like sey nah only him fit talk.

once again nice on op... you just said my mind since dey no born me well to write all this... ha dey mad

(1) (Reply)

Media Chat - Buhari Is Sincere But Out Of Depth On Economic Issues / PDP National Youth Frontier Is A Fraud - Youth Leader / Photos Of Buhari Leaving Abuja Today 4 Cotonou 4 11th Summit Of Heads Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.