Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,892 members, 7,863,055 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:03 AM

Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export (13682 Views)

The Centeral Bank Of Nigeria Targets Single Digit Inflation Rate. / 10 Nigerian Banks Rake In N138bn From Alerts, E-services In One Year / CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by dejonathan(f): 6:30am On Dec 31, 2015
soos:

I just dey watch ur cashew mouth
...Tank U..U beta Dust Ur C.V And Start Looking For Cashew Farm Wey Go employ U As 1 Of Der Workers,before It's Too late
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by ussy09(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2015
woooooo kogi home of cashew, moni Rollin in soonest
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by ussy09(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2015
coolzeal:
Good for Enugu state.. They have the best quality of cashew in the country.
Have u bin to kogi state? dats d real home of cashew
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Mike008(m): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2015
Goodnews. N500bn wouldav put me on cloud 9 though
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lomzy1(m): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2015
lynx200:
This is pure rubbish as far as I am concerned. Exporting raw crops abroad does nothing to help the economy. What should be done is promoting industrialization using these cash crops as a starting point. Cashew sells for a little above $1000 per tonne but their derivatives from the nuts, oil and fruits can fetch around $10000. Processing the various cash crops into industrial products like chocolate from cocoa, industrial starch and ethanol from cassava and leather shoes from hides and skins should be the step that should be promoted instead of just exporting them raw as this would earn higher amount of foreign exchange and provide employment. In light of this projection should be made about the projected demand for products that can be made from the cash crops. You don't the international community to buy your products for charity,
you are absolutely right.. the focus should be on setting up processing factories across the country. India is the largest importer of raw cashew nuts in the world and it's also the largest exporter of processed cashew nuts in the world.
there are few cashew processing factories in nigeria and they are mostly owned or controlled by foreigners.
there is so many derivatives from cashew but we tend to waste and loose all the benefits by selling it out in the raw form.
the nuts produce a substance called CNSL, It is another source of income for those who know about. The juice from the fruit can be used to produce wine and fruit juice but nowadays local suppliers are only interested in the nuts, when they pick the cashew they remove the nuts and forget about the fruit.
if government can support SMEs very well and ensure banks give adequate loan to investors who are willing to set up processing factories, it will go a long way to industrialize the sector.

but I still believe what the governemt has done is a step in the right direction. we will gradually get there.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nicepoker(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2015
NORAD:

Honestly, I didn't. You'll be surprised at how well we'd adapt if we stop making money from oil. Don't underestimate the resolve of any nation to survive in times of severe hardship.
I hope so o.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by MrSocrate(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2015
sukkot:
diezani stole 20 times that amount. this is chump change to diezani and ebele
And how much did Abacha alone steal?
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by EXPORTFINANCE: 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
Vietnam buyers....cashew nuts available...from Ogbomosho...pls call +2348077881934
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by EXPORTFINANCE: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2016
I need cashew nuts in stock only!...load and pay basis only!!...call 08026225888 wattzapp: 08077881934
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Asumns: 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
HSA exports and distributes tropical hardwood charcoal i.e Ayin and its fingers, neem or acacia, and cashew nuts. Our firm is one of well known charcoal and cashew nuts producer and supplier that deal with them in large quantity in Nigeria. More so, consignments packaging are usually determined by the buyer either to have it in bulk packaged or to have it packed in variant kilograms of 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, etc. for inquiry, email; hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800. Call; 08067522299

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Mistakes Smart Leaders Make That Can Ruin Companies / What Online Business Can You Start With 5,000 Naira And Make Profit? / Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.